1.10 Beta Bugs
Enchant bug

Enchant is supposed to give a variable amount of its damage bonus to missiles

Testing with my sorc (played from level 1 in the Beta)

Skill description: +30-38 damage

Bonus to act 2 merc: +30-38 damage
Bonus to sorc while using a dagger: +30-38 damage
Bonus to sorc while using a bow:
test 1: +30-38 damage
test 2: +30-38 damage
test 3: +30-38 damage
test 4: +30-38 damage
test 5: +30-38 damage

Tested in Single Player, Normal and Nightmare

Conclusion: the variable amount is actually fixed at 100%

Credit: someone here mentioned this and I've lost track of who or in which post. Well spotted!
I don't remember if I reported it, but I saw that behavior on a zon a while ago (since I was playing a fire sorc with my wifes zon).

The fire mastery of the caster applies as does the warmth bonus. At least on the character screen of the recipient.

However when I used a L99 sorc with maxed enchant, warmth, and FM (something like 598 min damage added). The damage did not seem to add at all to the zon. She killed some players 8 NM zombies in around 5 hits each with enchant on. After waiting for it to wear off, she found some more, and killed them in around 5 hits each, though she missed more, making the AR bonus seem to be there. Of course I haven't checked the fire resistance of a hell zombie yet but 500 extra damage on a 18-58 base damage bow should be noticable. It could also be that the 99 is bugged since it was an edited char. The other sorc was started at L1, as was the zon.

So, I think more testing needs to be done to see if it is just a char screen thing, or if there is something going on with the actual damage.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
It seems traps don't attack him either.
"Yog-Sothoth is the key to the gate, whereby the spheres meet. Man rules now where They ruled once, but after summer is winter, and after winter summer. They wait patient and potent, for here shall They reign again."
- Abdul Alhazred

Warcraft characters
Stormrage:
- Naphta, 70 Warlock, 350 goblin engineer
- Xinth, 60 Warrior
Terenas
- Nezeramontias, 33 priest
- Boulderan, 13 shaman
As far as I know, it's always been that way. Once you kill the council, the regular zealots will try to avoid you.
"Yog-Sothoth is the key to the gate, whereby the spheres meet. Man rules now where They ruled once, but after summer is winter, and after winter summer. They wait patient and potent, for here shall They reign again."
- Abdul Alhazred

Warcraft characters
Stormrage:
- Xinth, 60 Warrior
Terenas
- Boulderan, 13 shaman
protoshoggoth,Jul 21 2003, 12:15 AM Wrote:As far as I know, it's always been that way.  Once you kill the council, the regular zealots will try to avoid you.
Well not exactly

It hasn't always been the way that there are Zealots in Act 5

Now if they want to use a variety of monsters to add menace to Act 5 in the higher difficulty picking a species that runs into the corners wimpering is not the way to go about it

Most areas spawn 3 monster types plus other types for boss packs

Now if you have 3 monster types and one will always run away offering you essentially free exp for some builds (trappers, overlords) or a royal nuisance to track down (barbs, zealots) that is not good game design

So I think it's a bug in that they didn't realise or overlooked the AI change upon quest completion which ruins these creatures as an Act 5 threat
Found a new bug I haven't seen anywhere.

Equipping a barb merc with unique sword Flamebellow locks up game and generates an exception error.

Happens every time I try it. Other swords work fine.
SonOfYarg,Jul 21 2003, 07:02 PM Wrote:Found a new bug I haven't seen anywhere.

Equipping a barb merc with unique sword Flamebellow locks up game and generates an exception error.

Happens every time I try it. Other swords work fine.
The culprit seems to be the +unnatural skill or whatever you want to call it; in this case inferno:

http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/index.p...t=ST&f=9&t=1508
Brista,Jul 21 2003, 07:37 AM Wrote:It hasn't always been the way that there are Zealots in Act 5

Now if they want to use a variety of monsters to add menace to Act 5 in the higher difficulty picking a species that runs into the corners wimpering is not the way to go about it
Haha, OOPS. I can see how they missed that while programming. I CANNOT see how that got past their QA department. Who the heck tests this stuff?

Have we had any official word as to whether or not the scaling of Corpse Explosion (which catapults the Necromancer once again to uber-class status) is a bug?

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Mercs will also attack through walls, and seem to be able to hit.

I had Andarial nicely parked in the second room in her level, with my Valk to keep her company. My Merc decided to whack away at the wall, perhaps carving his initials. I went over to check it out, and took a hit from Andy through the wall. The Merc was also gtting hit, and I'm pretty sure that his attacks were scoring on Andy.

-rcv-
The Blizzard folks could be lurking around as guests. That is, if there is anyone left who hasn't been totally brain damaged from reading the BattleNet forums. :)

-rcv-
Yes. It is nice to go to a place where people communicate coherently and speak in complete sentences. :)

So, admin's... For all you do, this rounds on me!
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Sticking his pike through walls and into monsters. What a devious and sneaky Greizman, is this some sort of plot to stay alive?
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
A couple of Necromancer bugs:

- When monsters successfully attack a blood golem, they gain life.

- Revives are created with only about 10% of their total life, which means they're really easy to kill until their regeneration gets them up to full health.
I know this isn't new, but I thought it had been fixed. Basically, when someone other than the host exits a tcp/ip game, it doesn't save the character. What is one to do? Wait 5 (?) minutes to ensure the game does its periodic save before exiting?
- Abdul Alhazred

Warcraft characters
Stormrage:
- Xinth, 60 Warrior
Terenas
- Boulderan, 13 shaman
...when someone other than the host exits a tcp/ip game, it doesn't save the character...

Huh? I haven't seen that at all, and I've done a LOT of muling to transfer items in the beta.

I suspect you may have something funny going on with your 'puter. I can force a "no-save" by setting the save files to read-only, but that wouldn't be your problem. Is it possible you have an unusually large disk cache? What OS are you using? Is it a Mac?

-rcv-
It does not even remotely inflict as much damage as it's supposed to, with "as it's supposed to" meaning "as the skill tab claims". I found my L31 Inferno, at around 1100-1200 displayed damage per second, completely outperformed by L4 Blizzard.

It seems that the first few Inferno flames inflict the correct amount of damage, perhaps even more than that. Everything beyond that point, however, is far weaker than it should be. As a result, the "optimal" way to use Inferno right now seems to consist of only tapping the mouse button briefly, as opposed to holding it down as one would expect.

I understand that the Druid's Arctic Blast suffers from a similar problem, though I haven't tried it myself. It does appear weird that the monster versions of these skills seem greatly enhanced, whereas the player skills are bugged and nearly unusable.
And the days are not full enough
And the nights are not full enough
And life slips by like a field mouse
____________.Not shaking the grass.
-- Ezra Pound, "And the days are not full enough"
Quote:I suspect you may have something funny going on with your 'puter. I can force a "no-save" by setting the save files to read-only, but that wouldn't be your problem. Is it possible you have an unusually large disk cache? What OS are you using? Is it a Mac?

It's probably just be me then. I'm using Windows XP. Unusually large disk cache? How could I tell? In checking the drive's properties I see that 'write caching' is enabled, but beyond that I'm not sure.

But I suspect the problem, if other people aren't seeing this, is in what I'm doing-- I'm using the XP ability to run multiple user sessions at once in order to mule. Dang, and it really looked like that would work.
- Abdul Alhazred

Warcraft characters
Stormrage:
- Xinth, 60 Warrior
Terenas
- Boulderan, 13 shaman
In 1.09 it did not seem to have that problem.

By the way, nice to 'see' you a bit more often, old friend. :)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
The Zeal bug is basically: if you are attacked during the first swing of your zeal, that swing and all other swings will miss. I've been playing a paladin a lot in 1.10 with Zeal and whenever I get surrounded I have to switch to some other attack to get out (which hits fine), because I always get attacked during that first swing, and thus never hit anything for as many zeals as I feel like doing.

I've tested it out against just one enemy and it's pretty obvious. Try it on a stone skin boss who swings at the same rate that you can complete a zeal. I did it against an Urdar. I would Zeal and miss, during the first swing of which he would swing and miss. Over and over and over, with me never hitting, and he occasionally hitting, or me blokc ing (I hear the 'ting' but no animation). Then, I waited to start my Zeal until just after he had already attacked me: I hit 4/5 of my swings. Then time my next swing to start right as he swings at me: I miss all attacks of that Zeal, and can continue to miss forever, since 1 Zeal takes me the same time as 1 swing for him.

In all my playing and testing I have had %85 - %95 toHit, which make a Zeal that misses all 5 attacks very unlikely, but the bug makes it VERY common.

I've read on battle.net forums tha this bug also affects other multi-attack skills (fury, fend, etc).
In 1.09, the leech amount came before the PVP penalty, thus you needed roughly 25% leech to leech back the same damage that you dealt to the opponent. So, 500 damage to a player, with 25% life leech, would give you 500 life. Now, in 1.10, it seems the leech not only comes after pvp penalty, but it is also reduced further by that penalty a second time, my guess would be when you actually recieve the leeched life. So now 500 damage to a person, with 25% life leech will only give back about 12 life back.

So it went from one end all the way to another.

Another related issue is that Iron Maiden (and I assume Thorns and Spirit of Barbs) also now get their damage reduced twice, so 1000% damage returned Iron Maiden, with, for example, 100 damage dealt to a player, returns not 100 as would have been a case in 1.09, but about 10.

I think both of these bugs are related, at least in the point that the order of execution needs to be revised.

On a positive note, leech it seems is not affected by the stacking bug that plagues crushing blow / triumphant items / etc.

~lem.

Edit: forgot to mention that with Life Tap, I have recieved "proper" 50% of the damage dealt; so 500 damage dealt to a player would leech 250 life (As opposed to 12 with 25% regular life leech)