1.10 Beta Bugs
I'm not sure if this is for all weapons or just throwing. I ran into a bug just now and I noticed that when I repair both my throwing weapons and go back out, the mana steal on my first weapon doesn't work and my ball never refilled. This has happened to me about 4 times now and its kinda annoying. So, I'd take my weapons off, put them back on, still doesn't mana leech back. So I tried weapon switching and that seemed to fix whatever was messed up.

Btw, my first wep had mana steal, 2nd has life leech. no other mana steal on rings/ammmys, only first weapon so I know it has to do with the weapon and repairing it or something. I'll look into it more as I play.

Edit: Even taking the throw wep off and putting it back on turns off its mana steal. I begin to wonder if that is not all that is being turned off when this happens...again, just doing a simple switch to secondary and back to main weapons fixes it.

Cheers.
Having Bolts or Arrows in your cube is (still) highly dangerous, as a misclick on the transmute button enables them to transform ***ANY*** other item, even a quest item like the soulstone, via the arrows+arrows=>bolts, bolts+bolts=>arrows recipes.

(edit: to be clear... put *one* stack of arrows or bolts and one of anything else in the cube and hit transmute)

Javalins and Spears are spear class weapons, and the "spear"+arrows=>javalins recipe takes precedence over the above recipe, fyi.

Apart from the extreme danger of having arrows/bolts in your cube (until/if they fix this bug) it is rather cost effective to be using these transforms for a lowbie character (who, fyi, can, v1.10 beta SP at least, be gifted right away with a horderic cube (gift giver then has to go get themselves a new one, of course--big deal)).

Indeed, if you walk up to the act 1 normal Charsi and BUY a spear and arrows, then transform them to javalins, which you then sell to her, you are quite likely to make a net profit.

v1.10 beta SP I tested all the normal quest weapon drops to see how the cube normal unique=>exceptional works...

Khalims Flail and Will were exempt. The others all turned into unique hand axes (which could then be again transformed from normal to exceptional, aka hatchet). In particular the Malus even lost its nametag and became simply a Gold text "Hand Axe"... if you dropped this and picked it up Charsi would thought bubble for you as if she wanted to talk to you, but upon talking to her, she would *not* take it.

I took screenshots of all these but threw them away because I don't really think they're worth the bandwidth. Still, it might be fun to have a Hammerdin wielding the Gold lettered "Tomahawk" (the graphic for the unique hand axe, btw, is like that of the Gnasher).
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits
Slasher,Jul 17 2003, 10:30 AM Wrote:I've just noticed that if I touch a gem shrine without a gem to upgrade, instead of giving me a chipped gem, it causes my computer to freeze. This has happened to me twice on the last 3 minutes when doing Meph runs.  Has this happened to anyone else, or is this just a problem with my computer?
It happened to me too, but I was trying to upgrade a Flawless Diamond to a Perfect one. It only crashed on me once (Act 5 Normal, Ancient's Way), but it worked fine every other time.
Quote:v1.10 beta SP I tested all the normal quest weapon drops to see how the cube normal unique=>exceptional works...

Good idea to check these. I was very curious about this myself.

IMHO it would be a great easter egg to have wirt's leg be able to be upgraded(and have decent stats as well).

Use your imbue quest +upgrade formulas to gain the UBER elite wirt's leg!

:lol:
Swarmalicious,Jul 6 2003, 12:01 AM Wrote:Quick minor barb stuff:

- noticed my left and right attack settings revert back to the normal attack arrow at seemingly random times... not sure why, doesn't seem to be anything in particular that set it off. It doesn't change what you've hotkeyed, mind you, just selects the normal attack (so mousewheel still works). A pain though.
It's not just a barb bug, I've just found it happening to my new sorc in the first beta. My left click has been set to fireball, but I noticed it getting switched back to normal attack when I was shopping Drognan for a +Enchant or +Chain Lightning 2-socket staff. Set it back to fireball, looked again. Box reverted again. Took a look at what my cursor was on: a staff with charges of fireball.

Coincidence? I think not.

To test it out, I put fireball on my right-click and browsed the selection again. Right-click turned to normal attack the moment my cursor was over the staff with fireball charges. Didn't happen with firebolt or any of the other skills at my disposal (although my sorc's only level 22 at the moment). I'll have to test this out with other classes and charged skills, but I think that's the answer.
I just went and killed Bremm Sparkfist and noticed that every time I hit him, my life got hammered but he was stunned so it couldn't have been from his attacks. All of his minions were dead so it couldn't have been them. Then I stoped to check what aura he had spawned with, but nothing showed around his feet. So what's going on?
Hmm.. Lightning enchanted?
Quote:I've read in several beta reports that Venom Lord inferno is now a killer. It has definitely been boosted from its uselessness.

Dear lord it has. I walked into act 4 with my hardcore java/bowzon Hybrid, and WOW was I suprised. Nearly killed me. I've got pretty good Fire resistance too.
"Oh dear god, i don't feel alive when you're cut short of misery (raise forth lost cause)
will you pray it be the end? give a look surprise wide eyed to me (raise forth lost cause)"

~Coheed & Cambria
This was in normal with a lvl 29 Paladin with 77 lightning resist, so his pathetic bolt damage would not have been doing around 60 per hit. And anyway, I was standing in one of the spots where his bolts were completely missing me, so that was definately not the problem. I can only think that he had somehow spawned with thorns and it wasn't showing up.
Erthshade,Aug 8 2003, 01:09 AM Wrote:To test it out, I put fireball on my right-click and browsed the selection again.  Right-click turned to normal attack the moment my cursor was over the staff with fireball charges.  Didn't happen with firebolt or any of the other skills at my disposal (although my sorc's only level 22 at the moment).  I'll have to test this out with other classes and charged skills, but I think that's the answer.
yup, it's been happening with both of my sorcs, same situation, different spells (CL, Orb, etc., CL/Orb charges on staves) Makes staff-shopping a tad annoying
Monsters can't spawn with the thorns aura... Hmm... Unless he could get a hidden mod that returns around 60 damage per hit. :o Much like the "of thorns" suffix on armors and such, only more powerful. Hmm... he didn't happen to drop such an item, did he? :huh:
The only monsters that can wear equipment are flying scimitars and Blood Raven. I don't believe this has anything to do with what they drop, though.

There are some monsters with built in properties. Council members are among them, but they only get increased fire skill damage in nightmare or hell. Certain quill rat monsters do get "attacker takes damage of X," but council members don't.
Quote:(Swarmalicious @ Jul 6 2003, 12:01 AM)
Quick minor barb stuff: - noticed my left and right attack settings revert back to the normal attack arrow at seemingly random times...

this happens when you equip/un-equip any item, and also what erthshade mentioned.

------------

in 1.09(maybe all versions) if a monster was CE and LE you'd get hit by an invisible cold nova(same as when they die) when you hit them.

in 1.10 the cold damage doesn't get triggered when i hit them with BH, but when i use smite i take huge amounts of damage, and this is with maxed resists.

hephasto *points at screeny* didn't hit me at all, but i got both poisoned(took a few bolts for that to happen, was from spectral hit) and chilled, and so was my merc.

i'm guessing that maybe the melee damage, and/or damage increasing aura can be transfered to the spell/increase the spell damage as well.

[Image: spectralcoldshockchargedbolt.jpg]

also, re: venom lord damage. in hell from the seal pack near diablo, i don't know what the boss had for modifiers, but when there was 1 minion left i checked his damage(75 each ele resist mind you), which wasn't as easy, but with 1k hp he just about halved it in one breath, which might be a second or less.

now since i had 75 resist you multiply that damage by 4, which gives his inferno 2000 damage per second.

monstats.txt only mention 1 skill for megademons, so he can't get any synergy/mastery bonuses, and the skill-level of the megademon3 is 9(so 16 in hell), which can't possibly(even 10 slvl's higher) give 2k damage per second.

now where am i going with this? look at what i first said, the inferno damage is most likely boosted by all +elemental sources, chance to hit of elemental(35% for most hell monsters), and maybe damage boosting auras too.
Has anyone else noticed themselves speeding up when they get Decrepify cast on them in the Chaos Sanctuary or Worldstone Keep? It doesn't happen every time, but around 90% of the time my fire sorceress Pele was decrep'ed, she practically flew for the duration of the curse. It seemed to affect her merc normally (except for once when his jab became a blur O_o). Can anyone explain this?
Erthshade,Sep 2 2003, 04:04 PM Wrote:Has anyone else noticed themselves speeding up when they get Decrepify cast on them in the Chaos Sanctuary or Worldstone Keep?
Yes, I think this was noted in the Blizzard forum early on. If that bug gets in the final version, that would be pathetic. :)

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Couldn't find it mentioned in this forum, couldn't find it in the Blizzard forum, though I'll look again. Thanks.
Hi,

Just a small note. One of the administrators should send the list of bugs to Blizzard, so that all of this isn't for nought :)
whereagles,Sep 3 2003, 06:45 AM Wrote:Just a small note. One of the administrators should send the list of bugs to Blizzard, so that all of this isn't for nought :)
This thread has not gone unnoticed.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Thx Bolty. Reassuring to know that :)
Bolty,Sep 3 2003, 09:27 PM Wrote:This thread has not gone unnoticed.
Hmm. Then I suppose I should mention that dead players can be "resurrected"...

v1.10s multiplayer tcp/ip 3 player game... two players battling Ancients. One dies and does not go back to town (doesn't press Escape key). Other player trashes Ancients. Dead player is "brought back to life" by the quest success level-up, but not really (mismatch between display engine UI and game engine). Psuedo-alive player forced to Save and Exit to continue play (unfortunate, since he was the game host and that kills the game).
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits