1.10 Beta Bugs
+Life and +Mana Items are having a bizarre result on character's Life and Mana globes. As far as I can see it looks like a display bug that consistently sets those two figures back by the amount of Life or Mana they are supposed to grant and will reset to their proper values by lifting the offending item a moment, then revert to truncated values upon opnening characters screens and other common events. A quick glance at other forums tells me this has been interpreted as "Healers not fully healing bugs" and other wonderous theories.

Me? I just went straight for Tal Rasha's Horadric Crest and had a play with it. You can watch it in effect with Sander's Taboo as well.

Bug 2: Click and Hold Charge attacks reprise the run on the spot bug, which is very infrequent in 1.09d. The first attack hits, the second attack has the poor Paladin dancing on the spot.

Man if these are the sort of things that gets past their QA, I think they need to hire me! :blink:
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Just posted this in the necro forum at the AB.
Quote:
Heirapparent,Jul 4, 2003 - 2:32 PM Wrote:On a bug note, I noticed the trang's set equipped vampro-nec tended to lose life and mana every so often. There would be a flash of fire at his feet, then he would lose a little life and mana. I only noticed this in town.
I noted a similar thing with Vidala's Fetlock on one character, the stamina would keep flashing. Probably related to the bug associated with the str/dex tiering problem. These appear to be the intervals that would cause items to become unequiped while playing and not be able to re-equip properly due the item scanning sequence.

Looks like an old bug that is getting more prominent to me. In fact quite a few of the bugs look like problems that I thought had been quashed before the release of LoD in the first place. Makes me wonder what sort of 'build' of the game they gave for 'playtesting'; or was it really for placating?
Another one I've been noticing a lot is characters with range 1 weapons swinging in a rather futile manner at monsters at range 2. <_<

"Placating" (Ruvanal's post) Yeah that sounds about right. <_< Except that people who like Paladins have been given the shaft harder than the 1.08 Necromancer.

Edit: That reminds me. Some of the Paladin Synergies don't seem to be working either. I tried Holy Fire and figured a little back up from Might would be the go, but nada. Character screen reported no improvement. <_<
WarBlade,Jul 4 2003, 05:55 PM Wrote:Edit: That reminds me. Some of the Paladin Synergies don't seem to be working either. I tried Holy Fire and figured a little back up from Might would be the go, but nada. Character screen reported no improvement.&nbsp; <_<
There appear to be some skill description errors in some areas. Holy Fire uses Resist Fire(skillname100) and Salvation(skillname125) as its synergy skills. The description string that is indicated for the lookup though is for Might(skillname98). This 2 line error in things will happen at times when one is not careful to make sure that they are using the actual ID numbers instead of the MSExcel row numbers (Might is on row=100 when looking at the file in MSExcel). I see this often as one of the problems with modders trying to set up the cube formulas to use specific affixes.
That is, if you have the time / will to check out...

For instance, "Shout" giving a synergy bonus to Berserk is utterly silly. Requiring to pump up a defense-enhancing skill to boost a skill which annihilates defense is... well, let's just say "stupid".

Now, if it's just a description bug, that's another story.
If Fist of the Heavens is selected and you click past Hadriel in Act 4 you'll auto target Hadriel and go talk to him instead. Highly annoying in a fight I was just in with some Stranglers. Flavie copied the problem and Shines and wells did not.
Mana per kill still doesn't work with most of the Assassins trap tree. Not sure if this is a bug or a feature.

I saw a 1.09 character die twice in a 1.1 game and drop two bodies. We could all see two bodies. Clicking on the first body got rid of both.

My son had a level 1 Molten Boulder that showed more than 1000 damage on the character screen.

Twice now I've gotten stuck. I've seen this happen in 1.09 - usually casting a TP allows you to get to town and get unstuck. Once this trick worked - once I was really stuck and had to exit the game. I also was not allowed to leave the Frigid Highlands at the far end of the area. I could not walk up the stairs. Neither could anyone else in the game. We had a Sorc teleport up and send a TP.

My merc turned permanently green. Only I could see this, he appeared normal to the other players. It was strictly cosmetic, he wasn't taking any poison damage.

-davcol
You can hit monsters through walls, at least in the jail and catacombs - and they can't hit you! This includes misile weapons and melee weapons.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
When trading with another player (through the trade screen), my life wouldn't take in account +life items afterwards. And talking the the act healer wouldn't help.

If I remember correctly, I either had to lift the items and put them back, or go talk to another act healer (not sure).

Seems similar, except it's extended to +mana and talking to NPCs...
Wearing equipment granting me the "cannot be frozen" mod, I still turned blue and was slowed by a HF boss.

Seems inconsistant with the new way HF is supposed to work...
Quote:I saw a 1.09 character die twice in a 1.1 game and drop two bodies. We could all see two bodies. Clicking on the first body got rid of both.
I had three corpses, and accessed them in order. I was afraid to access them out of sequence though. On one I had accidently clicked on a stray sword prior to death. I was able to retrieve that corpse, toss the sword, then retrieve the prior corpse. No lost items.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Hmm besides the one's I've seen mentioned around, I saw a few others as well...

Blade Fury seems to be bugged - every so often I would cast a frozen orb with charged bolt instead of a star... Weird.

There seems to be a bug with life overflow at 15k or so... If I use oak sage + wereform and my life goes over 15k (not total possible life, but my current life), then it wraps around it seems and gives your new life as whatever life you would have had - 15 thousand. Perhaps somehow related to previous bug with minions dying when having excessive life? Still, while most people probably won't reach that level, with improved oak sage and possible lvl 50+ battle orders, it might happen to some people in parties =\.

Also, I tested Bramble armor, which randomly rolled to give 184% damage to poison skills - and while it does increase overall poison damage, it also increases duration... So my 6k damage poison nova over 2 seconds (At lvl 40) went to 55k damage poison nova over 6 seconds... Wow. Although seeing how multiple casting of poison don't help each other, perhaps it's not a very big deal.

Charges are still a killer to repair...
kandrathe,Jul 5 2003, 06:17 AM Wrote:I had three corpses, and accessed them in order.&nbsp; I was afraid to access them out of sequence though.&nbsp; On one I had accidently clicked on a stray sword prior to death.&nbsp; I was able to retrieve that corpse, toss the sword, then retrieve the prior corpse.&nbsp; No lost items.
You shouldn't worry about picking them up without order; you won't loose items =) You just won't be able to pick up your corpse fully if some items conflict. However, you should worry about quitting with multiple corpses - the only one that will remain is your original one, so you will loose the items on the second/third/etc corpses. So I don't see this as being a viable storage option =) And that's why I am not sure if this is a good solution to corpse popping (if that's what it is at all).
davcol:
Quote:Mana per kill still doesn't work with most of the Assassins trap tree. Not sure if this is a bug or a feature.

This is normal. It did not work before. The assassin traps are treated as minions of the character and like the various 'monster summons' you will not get leeching effects or +life/mana per kill from them. This also puts a crimp on the Hydra sorceress as the Hydras are also minions.

Arutha:
Quote:When trading with another player (through the trade screen), my life wouldn't take in account +life items afterwards. And talking the the act healer wouldn't help.

It is all part of the same problem of items with +stats not properly staying equiped and re-equiping themselves in the game.
A bugfix, but nonetheless worthy of a spot here: MSLEB has been fixed. No more globs of lightning death :)

Also, it seems Conviction on boss monsters became a bit too powerfull, a Convicted imp dropped my defense to -4000 :blink:
Not exactly a bug; rather an oversight: Forced ethereal uniques show up as ethereals in the gambling screen. Somewhat nice, but definitely not intended.
"Ignoring is also a kind of understanding." - Christian Mai
I'll put this here I posted elsewhere, but consolidation can help. The Molten Boulder is a display bug with the decimal in the wrong spot it is just 2 places out of whack. So 1,020-1,340 would be a 10.20-13.40 damage boulder. It seems to deal the proper damage when used.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Actually they can hit you. I have a nice screen with a zon in a dodge/avoid animation and a tainted being chilled from a sorcs frozen armor. It also makes it obvious that it isn't one of the 'secret' doors either.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Holy Freeze has always been a "non-cold-based" attack of sorts and so goes right through the Cannot be Frozen modifiers. :)
-TheDragoon
TheDragoon,Jul 5 2003, 03:27 PM Wrote:Holy Freeze has always been a "non-cold-based" attack of sorts and so goes right through the Cannot be Frozen modifiers.&nbsp;&nbsp; :)
That's true, but there were reports of the freeze effect not working in pvp, (perhaps because the other player was equipped with cannot be frozen item). However, the pulse cold damage was still working. If someone wants to test it, I have a paladin I could use for this.