New and (Hopefully) Improved Hunter Guide
Yeah, it's certainly a tough roll for a lot of the cooler quirks about Summoning Druids, namely in terms of Spirit interaction. But, as you pointed out, there are a lot of cool bonuses. Damage on Grizzly is duly noted, but Life seems to have received a huge boost as well; with slvl 32 Dires and Grizzly, I'm hitting 6k HPs on my teddy bear, not counting Oak Sage. Around 2.8k average damage, too, before Might. Oak Sage is now works past slvl 20, RAVENS BLIND TARGET (!!!!) (I know you mentioned it, but it's too cool not to reiterate), and much seems generally right with the world. I ran Hell Andariel, Mephisto, and Diablo last night with my Hunter, and I swear that I had less troubles than I usually would even encounter in 1.09. It's a good time for stock pure Summoners, though more interesting builds like yours didn't fare quite as well.
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
It cannot be stressed how cool this is. Druids have a form of crowd control almost!

Ravenlore is even more hands down the best elementalist helm in the game.
*Pren_LL-AB
USEast HC
Dark_Mutterings (Necromancer)
Doug_Winger (Wearbear)
Heroic career and 1.10 aspirations cut tragically short because NOBODY CAN DO ANYTHING WITH A 22.2K CONNECTION WHY DOES GOD HATE ME.