1.10 Beta Bugs
A few more things which may or may not be bugs (and may or may not have been mentioned previously in this thread).
  • Mercenaries don't seem to take any elemental damage (I've seen other people report this too) e.g. my act I rogue stood in a blood lord firewall in durance 3, was fireballed by blood lords, and was lightninged by council members, but took no damage at all. I took damage in the firewalls, and my merc took melee damage. I've also seen her stand in the way of a stream of leb charged bolts without her health going down.
    <>
  • Doll explosion damage doesn't just seem to be reduced, it seems to be zero. I exploded several champion dolls right next to me and took no damage at all. (Or perhaps it's a question of the explosions not hitting a lot of the time).
    <>
  • Are all oblivion knight bosses (not just de Seis) really meant to spawn with doom knight minions, as they in fact do? Well if they are, I don't object, but it seems a little odd.
    <>
  • Malah didn't offer to sell me any mana potions recently because her miscellaneous inventory screen was full (though it included about 5 health potion slots). Not a big deal, but...
    <>
  • In the glorious Blizzard tradition of bad spelling, this one drives me nuts: On throwing weapons that replenish, it's "propAgation" not "propOgation".<>
    [st]
Amn+Ral+Perfect Amethyst to socket weapons is legal on throwing potions (no sockets result, of course)

Ort + throwing potion to repair generates a potion with 0 quantity.

tested SP, v1.10s. The key is that cubemain for these formulae specifies a weapon (normal, nosocket; not etherial respectively) and throwing potions belong to that set.

The first transform seems harmless enough. However it would be logical if Ort repair restored the potion to full quantity (even though an Ort is probably worth more than the net cost of selling/re-buying the potion to/from the shop in order to replenish it).
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits
Quote:(Or perhaps it's a question of the explosions not hitting a lot of the time)

yep, try taking off your armour and shield, then try again. a lot of more attacks work like weapons now.

as for your merc, they've got pretty high hp regen, and it's also some weird bug where not all types of attacks hurt them.

for example, my rogue never gets hit by the lightning spires lightning, but are hurt by their nova. i'm pretty sure your merc is hurt by the firewalls, but their hp regen is higher than the damage they take. vampire's firewalls are pretty weak.

my rogue does seem to take less damage from elemental attacks, but not nothing at all. again it can have to do with regen.

also if you're playing in a multi-player game it's the case of de-synchronization, your rogue isn't where she seems like.

Quote:Are all oblivion knight bosses (not just de Seis) really meant to spawn with doom knight minions, as they in fact do? Well if they are, I don't object, but it seems a little odd.

in the mpq files, there is a minion1/minion2 field for monsters. shamans, oblivion knights and some others have lesser creatures as their minions, that they (nearly) always spawn with.

i would say cantors spawning with running away zealots in act 5 is an oversight, blizz just forgot to remove the minion1-2's. or is it a way to make it easier for people which actually do quests? :P
Quote:try taking off your armour and shield, then try again. a lot of more attacks work like weapons now.

Well, as a bowazon I had no shield and minimal defense, so it's not a matter of doll corpse explosions missing because of blocking or to hit (unless their to hit on hell diff is ridiculously low). But it could be some other kind of targeting problem; or it could be that the explosions just don't do any damage --- so far I haven't got a hell champion doll's explosion to scratch me. (I also read a report that Nihilthak's ce does no damage in 1.10. Is that true? I haven't tried it out myself.)

Quote:as for your merc, they've got pretty high hp regen, and it's also some weird bug where not all types of attacks hurt them.

for example, my rogue never gets hit by the lightning spires lightning, but are hurt by their nova. i'm pretty sure your merc is hurt by the firewalls, but their hp regen is higher than the damage they take. vampire's firewalls are pretty weak.

This could be I suppose. I was taking substantial damage in the firewalls -- for sure at a much higher rate than my merc's regeneration rate -- but then I have negative fire resists unlike my rogue. I'd have to check this out further to be sure.
Quote:(I also read a report that Nihilthak's ce does no damage in 1.10. Is that true? I haven't tried it out myself.)

*goes to try him again*

i only fought him once in hell 1.10, the first he hit me with took away 80% of my hp, and that was with players 1, 1.2k hp, 75% resists and 75% block(the physical explosion part should be blockable).

that was pretty shocking :D then he didn't use a single one more though, and thanks to the 1 potion and some gold he gave me i didn't try again.

Quote:This could be I suppose. I was taking substantial damage in the firewalls -- for sure at a much higher rate than my merc's regeneration rate -- but then I have negative fire resists unlike my rogue. I'd have to check this out further to be sure.

if the firewall damage is 100 points per second: with -50 resist that's 150 damage, with 75 resist it's 25, which she probably regens more than.

rogues have damage regen of 4, and i have this formula, but i can't remember what the regen means, it gives a very low number.
regen = (DamageRegen * HP) / 4096 and maybe * 256 * 25
Quote:*goes to try him again*

Well, Nihl's lack of ce da is number 14 on this b.net forum bug list:

http://www.battle.net/forums/thread.aspx?F...nt=76#post18771

I don't know how accurate that list is, so speaking as a total coward I accept no blame if you suddenly find yourself blown into little itty bits that are spread all the way across the Halls of Vaught. :)
i checked some posts and the formula seems to be

=(damageregen*hp)/4096*25

Code:
hp &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;hp regen per second
250 &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;6
500 &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;12
1000 &nbsp; &nbsp;25

so she shouldn't take much damage if she's got max resists, you didn't mention difficulty or level though?
Well the fire mage I had in normal was getting fried by blood lordss in durance, so they do take elemental damage... if the regen thing aint the answer, then perhaps their elemental resists are not capped?
adamantine,Sep 12 2003, 05:17 PM Wrote:try taking off your armour and shield, then try again. a lot of more attacks work like weapons now.
This is an interesting thought, so I'll share two possibly related observations I've had lately, in v1.10s...

The pentacle fires in Crypt/Mausoleum/Countess tower are triggering my "stuck by" effects item procs (frost nova, charged bolts).

My level 6 Necro in act 5 has trouble seeing one of his CEs ever damage monsters (they might, some of the time, but I typically am not seeing any evidence of it). The corpses are supplied by a rusher (confederate player) for testing. The Necro has no trouble blowing things up with CE in act 1.

In a different vein, I've reported that standing in Hellfore fires has decreasing damage to the player as current HPs drop. This is an odd effect, but helpful to players. So I'm suspicious that a number of non-obvious damage avoidance/amelioration effects may be in the game (somewhat undocumented).

From a post GFraiser made a couple of days ago, I conclude that the current in-house version of the patch readme is around twice as long as the current v1.10s readme. Since my point of view is that the readmes neglect to mention quite alot of the important patch changes, I expect we'll be finding oddities and features for months after release.
Quote:so she shouldn't take much damage if she's got max resists, you didn't mention difficulty or level though?

Well, I rechecked -- my merc is now lvl 81 (was lower previously -- but everything was on hell difficulty, mostly in durance) with 1265 life.

She had a Dark Adeherent Dusk Shroud on that gave her some fire resists (57%).

After taking off the shroud (giving her 33% FR), I believe I could see her taking a little bit of damage from standing in a firewall and being hit by several fireballs. From your figures, one firewall would inflict 33 da/sec and her regen would be about 31 hps/sec, so it is a very marginal test. It does seem that she's not immune to elemental attacks, but she still appears to take less elemental da than you'd expect.

I dropped in on Nihalthak (also on hell diff) and his corpse explosions didn't do any damage at all. I was standing in a pile of corpses and could see them pop but I wasn't hurt. It made the quest a lot easier to complete, so maybe this is one bug that shouldn't be reported. ;) I don't know if it's connected with the apparent lack of damage from doll explosions or not.

p.s. This is all 1.10s
Quote:The pentacle fires in Crypt/Mausoleum/Countess tower are triggering my "stuck by" effects item procs (frost nova, charged bolts).

Yep... That almost killed my necromancer in one of the random burning buildings... He was using the Arm of King Leoric, I believe (the one that casts bone prison when struck). While although this is good when against ranged people (it goes around them) the fire was in the same spot as me, thereby trapping my in the flames. :o
oh i'm playing 1.10, maybe they broke it in s then.
I tried a couple more hell-dificulty Nihlathak runs --- on one of them, I did get hit by a corpse explosion (insta-kill for my character), but only once, and no damage on the other. He does seem to be setting them off: at least, you can see monster corpses popping. None of his other skills, listed on d2data (Teleport, Whip, Corpse Explosion, Arctic Blast, Minion Spawner) would do this, so I guess he is casting ce, it just almost never hits (range or some other reason?)
Thecla,Sep 9 2003, 12:58 AM Wrote:Mercenaries don't seem to take any elemental damage
I've noticed similar events. In Hell act 1, vs a lit immune Damned class boss pack, I let my rogue take them out while I hid around the corner (yeah, that's why I'm the hero). I watched in amazement as *every* lightning ball it shot passed right through her and didn't cause her life bar to drop at all.
i figured it out. his CE range is tiny, i had no problem getting hit every time if i was right next to the corpse.

the range for his skill(aurarangecalc for NihlathakCorpseExplosion in skills.txt) is 6, which means the number of tiles i think. 2/3 of that amount is the yard range.
Quote:his CE range is tiny, i had no problem getting hit every time if i was right next to the corpse

Yes, I think you're right -- at least I managed to get killed again, and I think the explosion went off right under my feet. The range would have to be much less than 4 yards though (or 5 yards which is what a lvl 8 ce -- hell/Nihl's lvl of ce according to d2data -- from a player would have). Perhaps this is a deliberate feature to make him less deadly? (Or perhaps it's just a bug. ;) )
Quote:or 5 yards which is what a lvl 8 ce -- hell/Nihl's lvl of ce according to d2data -- from a player would have

the range, nothing actually, increases with level(same goes for delirium, ooh ooh level 50 sounds so cool, let's put that in!), if i didn't make that clear.

the code for his skill is exactly the same as the normal CE(except for the range, where it's just a 6 instead of skill increasing code), in that case according to the description the range is half of the stated :huh:

so that would be 3 tiles or 2 yards.
1 Lum Rune + 1 Pul Rune + 1 Perfect Emerald + Exceptional Unique Weapon = Elite Version of Weapon
This formula, then used on ethereal unique dimensional blade (Gunther's Rift), produced ethereal phase blade (with all properties of Gunther's Rift).

1 Fal Rune + 1 Um Rune + 1 Perfect Saphire + Exceptional Rare Weapon
This formula was used on ethereal rare dimensional blade, and produced ehtereal phase blade (with all properties from that rare).

And last, but not least - then I tried to upgrade rare Wirt's Leg (forgot formula, sorry), I received rare hand axe. So, there is no teh uber Wirt's Leg!
Shade,Sep 23 2003, 08:32 AM Wrote:1 Lum Rune + 1 Pul Rune + 1 Perfect Emerald + Exceptional Unique Weapon = Elite Version of Weapon
This formula, then used on ethereal unique dimensional blade (Gunther's Rift), produced ethereal phase blade (with all properties of Gunther's Rift).

1 Fal Rune + 1 Um Rune + 1 Perfect Saphire + Exceptional Rare Weapon
This formula was used on ethereal rare dimensional blade, and produced ehtereal phase blade (with all properties from that rare).

And last, but not least - then I tried to upgrade rare Wirt's Leg (forgot formula, sorry), I received rare hand axe. So, there is no teh uber Wirt's Leg!
Wondering - did the ethereal versions of phase blades have durability?
Quote:Wondering - did the ethereal versions of phase blades have durability?

No, they didn't. Although Gunter's Rift the ethereal phase blade has 'repair 1 durability in 5 seconds' mod.

Looks like it's the only two ways of receiving ethereal phase blades. Not a world changing issue, but still...

edit: typos