1.10 Beta Bugs
I was playing with my pally in a TCP/IP game with a friend in players 8 mode, normal difficulty.
We were clearing the chaos sanctuary and after all monsters were dead we opened the first seal.
The Infector of Souls apeared as expected, but the inferno attacks of him and his minions completely anihilated us. We both had max fire resist.
The damage of the inferno's was way higher than it was supposed to be.
Can somebody confirm this?

Banzai!
While playing my smiter I noticed that my shield lost only 10 durabilty while for that period I had to rapair my weapon twice. And I'm not beating anything with it at all (it's a non-magic grand scepter that only gives me +3 to smite, and I have something far better on the second weapon switch). Also the weapon has 60 durability, and the shield over 100. So I guess the game "forgets" that it should substract from the shield's durability when using smite.

Can sombody confirm this?
Quote:Can somebody confirm this?

I've read in several beta reports that Venom Lord inferno is now a killer. It has definitely been boosted from its uselessness.
Maral,Jul 8 2003, 10:34 PM Wrote:While playing my smiter I noticed that my shield lost only 10 durabilty while for that period I had to rapair my weapon twice.
Yes. Smite attacks subtract durability from your character's weapon rather than the shield.

Speaking of Paladins, the old Conviction versus Conviction disappearing aura bug has returned with Prayer. If your merc runs Prayer and then you try, yours will disappear, although it still works fine. B)
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Those Balrogs have been punching bags for far too long! :)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Quote:Your sword is in the same place as the real 1.10 release canidate!

Tell that to all my characters.

I had a few characters, an Assassin, a Amazon, a Barb, and another Druid, so I kitted them all out with a single two-handed sword, with the other Druid packing a new Bastard Sword.

Of all the characters, only the Barbarian's sword displayed on the character select screen, even though all other two-handed weapons (My current Druid had a Bardiche in his second slot, Amazon with a Long Bow, other Druid with a Great Axe) displayed correctly.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Heh. Yeah, and aside from weapons disappearing there are also some wild pallette differences happening too. I have a Druid in Sigon's and in game he has the new silver and silver look, while the selection screen shows him as the old silver and gold. A necromancer in a gold coloured Field Plate is fully golden in-game but the selection screen depicts the old silver and red look. A Paladin in Goldskin takes on a weird orange look in the game now and remains the old dull silver in the selection screen. :D
"Prevent monster heal" didnt work on my merc's spear, vs shenk and his cronies in NM. Shenks life just kept on goin right up, despite my merc getting obvious hits in.... not sure actually if this ever worked on bosses, come to think of it (never needed it until now!).
*Swarmalicious - USeast Hardcore
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men." - W Wonka

The Flying Booyaka and The Legend of Bonesnap
I found this wierd glitch in the game, I dont have the screenshot yet, but I will try to get one.

Here's the glitch:
I'm an Assassin, and I was playing nightmare difficulty. During my adventure in Tamoe Highland (Act 1) I saw a group of Shamans and Devilkins, they put up quite a fight but something out-of-the ordinary came up. I actually saw a Devilkin shadow with no body! When i killed another devilkin, it ran away into an open area so I knew it had no body. It was wierd! I tried hitting the print screen button, but it died and the stupid death sentry exploded it, so u can barely see the corpse. I'll try to get a better screenshot. Plus, later I was in the outer cloister and I saw it again! But this time when I saw it, my Barbarian hireling killed it and the body disappeared, so there was no use of taking a screenshot. :blink: Did this ever happen to you!? :blink: It was kind of funny looking too, I'll edit this post when I get a better screen! :ph34r: :ph34r:
EDIT: My IQ is now high enough to type posts properly! :D Thank you Nicodemus Phaulkon! :D
Your lag is so bad, you'll drop like balls on a hot day!
At random times when I am shooting arrows one decides to fire off in a random direction, if I don't move and the target stays still other arrows will follow it. If this starts up, it is kinda rare I only notice it really when shooting at bosses, about 1 out of every 10 or so arrows will fly out in a different direction from where I aimed them.

Another thing that I noticed is that my Zon can dodge spell effects, or at least some of them, things like Izuals frost nova. I'm not sure if this was always in and I am just noticing it because I am looking for things. But she definatly did dodge it, I did not get chilled, she did a dodge animation and emmited a little "hut" sound.

And lastly, Decreptify. All of my other character hate it, it now slows your attack speed WAY down. Except on my Zon for some reason it effects her like she is under the effect of a Fanatasim aura. :o I'm using Sigons Gaunts, Boots, and Belt for the 30% ias, and twitchtroe. When Decreptify hits, it doubles my attack speed, not just visually either, every arrow does damage and takes mana :huh:
Get Cosmos, Use Cosmos, Love Cosmos
Welcome to the Lounge.

You'll notice several links near the top-right of any page you view on this forum, including those saying "FAQ", "Rules" and "Etiquette". You've managed to mangle several of them all in the space of a single post.

Please make an effort to construct your posts with proper grammar and structure; this includes such things as capitalization and usage of punctuation other than a comma. Further, we'd all appreciate if the "sup ppl" and general street-slang/chat room drivel was left out of your commentary. For future reference, please note the "How to Write Like a Wanker" link within my signature below. It lists several of the common references that make you look like an idiot.

That being said, I'm certain you'll appreciate the time and effort that is put into this community, and seek to belong to it.

As to your bug, it's been well noted on several different acts and levels. Definitely odd looking, but certainly doesn't render them safe from your attacks.

*tips helm*
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Nicodemus Phaulkon,Jul 10 2003, 12:48 PM Wrote:As to your bug, it's been well noted on several different acts and levels.  Definitely odd looking, but certainly doesn't render them safe from your attacks.
Agreed. Both on ettiquet and the 'bug'.

I have screenies of this occuring either in 1.05 or 1.06 with a skeleton. Quite amusingly I was in a room with a greater mummy at the time, so had a good opportunity to play with the skelly, even when the merc went and killed it. I recall the first time I saw it, or more accurately the absence of it, and found myself saying "What the-! Damn you, stupid Valkyrie! What the hell are you po-! Waittaminnit. HeehehHAHAHHAhahaha."

I've seen the phenomenon several times since. B)
It must be the Rot Walkers. They're alway up to something. You can just tell. They have that beady-eyed look about them.

So I popped through from Harrogath, as you do, emerged in the Glacial Trail, as you would expect, and found my character standing on a bare bit of ice. This was one of those times where the Glacial Trail's WP destination was placed in front of the Frozen Tundra exit. Most convenient for finding the Tundra but a pain if you are out of TP scrolls. :blink:
As for the "Hireling-vs-Izual" bug, I can confirm it. My Merc was standing around like a Zombie untill the very last moment, when he got the killing blow...

Also, I have a few more bugs:

- Line of Sight bugginess: sometimes monsters turn invisible (as in, no LoS) while I'm standing face-to-face with them in the middle of a corridor.

- Fireball / Meteor explosion radius reaches through walls.

- An Unraveller (act 2 normal) swung at me, and poisoned me. His poison drained my life to 1 in half a minute, with 50% poison resist. It just kept draining and draining. Seems a bit too powerful for act 2 normal.

- With maxed Lightning Resistance, Mephisto's Lightning did over 150 (!) damage to me. Unless the spell deals a bit of physical damage for some reason, players without good resists are going to be instagibbed.

- Mephisto's Cold ball did a pathetic amount of damage, about as much as his Lightning used to do. (About 10 or so <_< ) Perhaps they swapped those two attacks?

- Venom Lords and Abbys Knights swapped places on the damage rankings. While the Abbys Knights' missiles deal pathetic amounts of damage (a cold missile did 8 damage with max cold resist and -3mdr, which is way less than it used to do, even on normal), while the Venom Lords dish out damage like they have lvl 20 inferno.

That's all for now.
Exploding arrow seems to work fine with a regular bow, but when I equip Raven Claw (unique bow that fires explosive arrows) it does considerably less damage than my regular attack.

Level 4 Exploding Arrow (w/ 1 pt in Fire arrow): 19-23 fire dmg
Regular Attack listed Dmg: 11-29
Exploding Arrow listed Dmg: 30-52

On some of the regular monsters it was taking two to three shots to kill with exploding arrow what was taking one shot to kill with the regular attack, and the discrepancy between the two seemed huge when I was fighting bosses.

If there is something I don't understand about how bows that fire explosive arrows work then let me know, or confirm the bug if that's the case. I don't have access to higher level characters and other bows with that property.

(Oh yeah, first post. Hi.)
Whether this is a bug or not, a fix is needed:

In PVP, open wounds does about 1.5 THOUSAND damage, albeit over a few seconds (At level 99), a la poison. This is disturbing, since the open wounds is unresistable. Thus, much like in 1.09 (Except with open wounds instead of stacked poison - making it actually easier to acquire), an amazon can simply shoot a few arrows, and if the open wounds kicks in, the person will be essentially dead after a few seconds.
Well, at least on players.
The Chaos Sanctuary is much easier for the melee chars because of this bug. The Oblivion Knights seem to cast IM more frequently then ever (Improved AI?), but it doesn't return any damage. Not that I complain :D, but the game isn't supposed to work that way.
Current Clvl 99 Open Wounds.

Damage per second 90+
Total Damage 363+

Looks like a multiplying by four, then again by about the same amount vis a vis the PvP damage reductions. Maybe the engine multiplied it by four rather than dividing it by four.

Thought: is 1.10 deliberately boosting Open Wounds since most monsters have more HP, in order to get it closer to "in balance?" I am not saying that what you observed is balanced, but a change to Open Wounds is not beyond reason, given the changes to monsters.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Well, when I was doing tests with open wounds on monsters, it did somewhat significant damage to a zombie in players 1 game (Read - 1/6 or so). The zombies in players 1 have several thousands HPs afaik, so somehow open wounds is doing more damage then listed, although still not enough to be of any significant damage dealer in hell.

I am not sure how the numbers comes about, especially considering that the pvp penalty is now 1/10 instead of 1/4.
Molten Boulder is doing some damage. Okay, it's doing a LOT of damage. The character screen is reading a max of 1817 damage, with 1 point in Molten, Fissure, and Flamestrike.

Now, at first I would have called this just a display error, but in practice just about any enemy I ran into playing through Act 1 with a brand new Druid was torched easily. I doubt it's doing as much as displayed, but really wouldn't be surprised if something is out of wack.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe a level 3 character is SUPPOSED to have a spell that can do this kind of damage... but I doubt it.
See you in Town,
-Z