1.10 Beta Bugs
Missiles from monsters don't seem to go through walls, however, melee attacks do! I was running from a pack of Tainted, with a boss, and they were "cold enchanted." My traps tried to fire through walls, no damage to monsters. My Shadow master successfuly killed two tainted by striking through the walls with her claws. I was hit twice, while standing next to wall, evidence being that I turned blue and was chilled.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
I've noticed a few oddities.

1. You used to be able to click through the entry screens with the Blizzard and Blizzard North logos. You can't anymore.

Beta 2 Edit: This now only fails on my PowerBook. Works fine on the G4. Must be my mouse drivers ...

2. The character selection screen is sorted by last access time rather than alphabetically by character name. Quite disturbing if you have a lot of characters.

3. The old bug where Tyrael can place the end portal in an inaccessible location is back. I had him plop it in midair. It really doesn't matter much, as it gives you credit for killing Baal anyway.

4. Joining TCP/IP games is quite slow, especially between entering the IP address and displaying the character screen. The delay seems to be at least 30 seconds, possibly over a minute.

Beta 2 Edit: It may be a little faster in Beta 2, but it's still excruciatingly slow to pull up the character screen.

5. The game seems to hit the hard disk in brief flurries, stalling the game even in SP mode. The stalls last for a fraction of a second. This behavior is not found in the 1.09 software. It is independent of memory allocation size.

Beta Edit 2: The disk stalls seems to be considerably reduced, but not eliminated.

6. I don't know if Slow Missiles ever affected the Harpy Red Snowballs in the WorldStone Keep, but it doesn't now.

Beta Edit 2: 7. An unbug! I can now understand the Druid when he talks! I never could before.

All on a G4/500 running OS 9.2.2 w/1.5GB RAM.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Bun-Bun,Jul 13 2003, 02: Wrote:I've noticed a few oddities.

1. You used to be able to click through the entry screens with the Blizzard and Blizzard North logos. You can't anymore.
Hmm . . . you still can in the PC version. Have you tested the space bar and escape key?

Quote:2. The character selection screen is sorted by last access time rather than alphabetically by character name. Quite disturbing if you have a lot of characters.

:huh: I've never seen a setup where the characters are listed alphabetically. Alphabetical listing might be integral to old Mac versions, but last access listing is consistant with the PC game in all the patches that I've seen.
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Quote: Hmm . . . you still can in the PC version. Have you tested the space bar and escape key?

I have now. :) They both work to bypass the entry screens. So there's a workaround.

Quote:I've never seen a setup where the characters are listed alphabetically. Alphabetical listing might be integral to old Mac versions, but last access listing is consistant with the PC game in all the patches that I've seen.

Fascinating. I've never seen a non-alpha listing until this patch. I suppose I can see the rationale; you'd want to see your crop of current characters, not your old retired ones. When you've got 50 characters, though it's a serious PITA to find the one you want when you shuffle between characters as I do.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Zar, you are wrong. It's a lvl6 skill for one. For two, the char sheet is off by a decimal point.

It does physical and fire damage now, and it does it per frame while rolling through a creature, just like volcano does damage for each rock. It also cannot roll through many monsters, simply exploding as soon as it hits them, doing a fraction of its damage.

The fire trai/afterburnl is bugged, despite doing more listed damage than any other part of the skill, it barely damages at all. It barely -hits- at all.

Creatures can walk right through the knockback effect of the boulder, depending when you cast it and their state of movement. I havn't determined exactly what causes it, but you can get in a rhythm knocking things back.

Boulder does so much damage because of the many bugs/hassles of using it, heh. It is one of the better druid skills though.
*Pren_LL-AB
USEast HC
Dark_Mutterings (Necromancer)
Doug_Winger (Wearbear)
Heroic career and 1.10 aspirations cut tragically short because NOBODY CAN DO ANYTHING WITH A 22.2K CONNECTION WHY DOES GOD HATE ME.
Being off by a factor of ten sounds about right. But that still does not change the fact that with only 1 point in Molten Boulder, it was destroying enemies as far as the Chaos Sanctuary (as far as I've taken that Druid so far). A single boulder, MAYBE two, would clear an entire line in the Arcane Sanctuary. In my testing, if it doesn't explode when it hits them the rolling/hitting/burning is usually enough to kill them. This is with ONE POINT IN THE SKILL.

Just seems a bit much, is all. And while Molten Boulder is doing a great job against enemies in Act 4 Normal, level 11 Glacial Blast is doing almost nothing.
See you in Town,
-Z
Occhidiangela,Jul 12 2003, 08:06 PM Wrote:Missiles from monsters don't seem to go through walls, however, melee attacks do!  I was running from a pack of Tainted, with a boss, and they were "cold enchanted."  My traps tried to fire through walls, no damage to monsters.  My Shadow master successfuly killed two tainted by striking through the walls with her claws.  I was hit twice, while standing next to wall, evidence being that I turned blue and was chilled.
Spell area-of-effect damage reaches through walls as well. For example, blasting fireballs into a wall will kill critters lurking behind it.
The only skill I did not see it work on was Diablo's LBOD and his Fire Nova.

Drat, IIRC, Slow Missile even slowed down Andariel's poison nova, or maybe just her missile.
In Memory of Pete
Very obscure bug: if you're using throwing attacks with a barb, and have something else in the second hand (haven't determined yet what exactly), at some point (when you run out of missiles and auto-load a new stack, usually; sometimes just randomly) the throwing missiles cease to do damage. The damage on the character sheet is then way off, with elemental damage that isn't even on the weapon (and not on jewelry or charms either), and no ammo is being subtracted. Maybe it is trying to throw the off-hand weapon?

This happened to me in front of Blood Raven, and I wasn't happy. :/
Nothing is impossible if you believe in it enough.

Median 2008 mod for Diablo II
<span style="color:gray">New skills, new AIs, new items, new challenges...
06.dec.2006: Median 2008 1.44
I was reading in the Bugs forum on Battle.net where someone reported that multiple items with ED% have multiplicative effects, rather than additive. They tested %ed jewels in items like Aldurs Rhythm or Griswolds Heart. The implication was that the Paladin and Barbarian would be able to get much higher damages.

Can anyone corroborate?
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

I read this one there as well, and it seemed to be a legit bug report. What was discovered was that all external sources of ED(item based) add to the weapons base. Then the % ED from skills will multiply the damage.

External sources previously just added their +% to your damage based on the weapon's base. Now they have a drastic affect on damage.

Probably a bug(if true), as it gets way too powerful this way.

I have not seen real corroboration yet, but it seemed to make sense(for a bug).

EDIT: clarity.
I just read the new description for cold mastery on Arreat. Among various descriptions, it states that it will not lower resistances below 0 for monsters, and that it works as % of the total resist, not straight substract ala Lower Resist.

However, in game it seems that Cold Mastery can reduce resists below 0, and that it does the straight substract instead of reducing by % of the total cold resist (tested in PVP mainly).

So is the beta version of the spell right, or the description on Arreat right? I know that I want the Arreat to be right, but my guess is that the beta version is right.

P.S. Did anyone notice that the orb now, when it hits a wall, instead of exploding spins in place, and then explodes at approximately the same time as it would normally? Looks srtange.
"P.S. Did anyone notice that the orb now, when it hits a wall, instead of exploding spins in place, and then explodes at approximately the same time as it would normally? Looks srtange."

I did, actually. I think the idea there was to allow the spell to shoot out all of its cold bolts and everything, so you get a more effective use of the spell no matter where you cast it. It's kind of a bummer when you'd shoot it at a wall before and it'd dissipate, but your casting delay didn't compensate for it. Y'see? Probably just something someone realized that wasn't exactly fair since casting delays were introduced.
Pandaman,Jul 16 2003, 02:00 PM Wrote:"P.S. Did anyone notice that the orb now, when it hits a wall, instead of exploding spins in place, and then explodes at approximately the same time as it would normally? Looks srtange."

I did, actually.&nbsp; I think the idea there was to allow the spell to shoot out all of its cold bolts and everything, so you get a more effective use of the spell no matter where you cast it.&nbsp; It's kind of a bummer when you'd shoot it at a wall before and it'd dissipate, but your casting delay didn't compensate for it.&nbsp; Y'see?&nbsp; Probably just something someone realized that wasn't exactly fair since casting delays were introduced.
I suspect that it has more to do with the buggy "soft" walls that you can attack through in some spots. When I used FO at one point the the countess area; I would see the orb do its stationary spin on some wall sections and just do its normal explosion on most other collision objects (pillars, doorways, etc.) in the area. If the walls are not properly reacting with a collision event, then the missile will not end up doing its collision event properly either.
Speaking of other things that are different in beta from the listings on Arreat... Currently arreat states this about "slows target" mod:

Slows Target By %
This appears to be a blue Cold Damage attack but is not actually a cold attack.
This ability will not work in PvP.

But in game it works in PvP. I wish I knew which was right.
I had one that made me smile

I ran into some Zealots in ACt 5 Nightmare. They took one look at me, clearly thought
" :o OH NO, it's the bloke who killed the High Council :o "
and ran off into the corners where my skeletons could kill them at leisure

Needless to say, that particular level was very easy :D
I've just noticed that if I touch a gem shrine without a gem to upgrade, instead of giving me a chipped gem, it causes my computer to freeze. This has happened to me twice on the last 3 minutes when doing Meph runs. Has this happened to anyone else, or is this just a problem with my computer?
I was thinking... Someone shd make a list of the bugs, with detailed descriptions, and then perhaps Bolty could send the list to Blizzard. I don't think ppl from Blizzard browse this forum and there is stuff here that is unlikely to be discovered in other forums.
And send it. Get your name on the Arreat Summit credits list! :)

Bolty already does yeoman work, and as to this:

Quote:I don't think ppl from Blizzard browse this forum

You might be surprised.
In Memory of Pete
Quote:You might be surprised.

Although, I haven't seen Isolde in a while... of course I haven't been seen in a while, either... :)