1.10 Beta Bugs
It seems impossible to drop a 1x4, 2x4, or 2x3 items directly into your cube; you must "open" the cube first. This doesn't occur with any items of "lesser" dimension.

Also, it now seems impossible to "open" your belt and add a rejuvenation pot to a life row. You must open your inventory, then your belt in order to do so.
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
All act2 mercs hired from normal gave prayer aura. Anyone else experienced this one ?

-- edit --

I finally got to act4 and while killing Izual he let me do all the work :( Once Izual hit him and he hit couple times back, but my merc just kept wondering around without attacking anything while I was killing Izual. As soon as I get to act5 I'll get rid of this guy, he is a bit retarted.
The same thing just happened with me; my act 2 merc ran around like a lost puppy while I battled it out with Izual. Kind of a bummer, since he does more damage than I do.
A bug i mentioned in the 1.10 beta announce thread, probably belongs here instead:

"Apparent synergy bug: The bonus to Bone Armor from Bone Wall is listed as +15% damaged absorbed... but the actual effect (at least on the skill tab) is +15 points per level. Since Bone Armor itself only gets 10 points per level, and a mana cost boost, getting more than one point in BA actually hurts, at least until you've maxed Bone Wall and possibly Bone Prison. Even if it were +15% you'd be better off with more BW than more BA at some point (I'm guessing this is how it works with most/all synergetic skills--get more points in high-level skills, even to use the low-level ones? seems to for necro bone tab)."

Has anyone noticed any other skills that aren't worth boosting at all due to their synergies being wholly better?

Quote:(lemekim)Charges are still a killer to repair...
have you tried the repair cube formula on a charged item(Ort + weapon or Tal + Armor)? If it did charges it might be worthwhile, at least for crazy high-end stuff.

Quote:(AssA)Also, it seems Conviction on boss monsters became a bit too powerfull, a Convicted imp dropped my defense to -4000 :blink:
It might be that they just fixed the Conviction display on the character sheet, it used to be wildly incorrect (at least for resists). Although I thought the way Conviction worked it never gave negative defenses, hmm.

--frink
Quick minor barb stuff:

- noticed my left and right attack settings revert back to the normal attack arrow at seemingly random times... not sure why, doesn't seem to be anything in particular that set it off. It doesn't change what you've hotkeyed, mind you, just selects the normal attack (so mousewheel still works). A pain though.

- Noticed a2 merc doing really well as far as endurance without any equipment despite me getting an arse whoopin (in players 1). However, he seemed to get stuck in place here and there and sort of vibrate, similar to the dancing Charger thing. It happened about 5 times during a half hour.

- AR (or perhaps the 'getting hit' animation) seems to be wrong somehow? Can't seem to land any hits at all, especially when surrounded.

- (not a bug hopefully) BO fills life orb now. Awesome.

-
*Swarmalicious - USeast Hardcore
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men." - W Wonka

The Flying Booyaka and The Legend of Bonesnap
Well, my enchant seems to confer the full damage and AR benefits to party members using ranged weapons. At least that is what the character sheets say for them.

In multiplayer games, if you have the quest item on your weapon switch, you get to keep it. This goes for the horadric staff, gidbinn, fail, etc. I am not used to this behavior, I am used to them disappearing. The gidbinn was kept even though I was the one talking to Ormus and not my wife. Haven't really checked all the details on this.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
It seems that where you have other items matters. If the cube is at the bottom of the inventory and 2 or more of the slots above it are full you will run into this.

Check this thread and this thread for more details.
---
It seems "chance to cast X on strike" and the new "chance to cast X on monsters death" still does not work with WW. =(
Been playing through normal acts 1 & 2 with a melee barb.

I have yet to be hurt by FE bosses death explosion.
Aaaack I just came to realization that LR does not help BSpirit or BSpear or any magic damage anymore! Not in PVP or in PVM... Which explains a lot why my Bone skills were not nearly effective as I would expected them to be... I can't imagine this being a feature, and Amplify damage does not help it either (so it's definately not physical damage).

On the other hand, I noticed that blessed hammer (supposedly magic attack) was able to damage and kill Greater Mummies, which were immune to magic. He was also able to kill physical immune monsters with them. Either the blessed hammer became an all-new magic type (unlikely), or it has physical and magic components (more likely - magic from base hammer, physical from concentration).

I will checkout MPQ file to see what damage type exactly are they.

Edit:

Yes, they are still magic; I will try and test BSpear/spirit against the supposedly magic immune monsters now.

Update: I tried attacking magic immune monsters with BSpirit/spear, and they are immune to magic attacks. So it seems Blessed hammer is now both magic and physical attack, with physical probably taking up most of the damage. This makes it an excellent all-around skill, since most monsters are not physical immune anymore, and those that are, usually have low hps, and the smaller magic damage can take care of them.
Though the display damage being off is well known by this point, I've come across a serious usage problem with it.

The fire trail does almost zero damage. The actual boulder itself hits like a mack truck, both on physical and fire immunes (so it is properly doing fire and physical), and the explosion at the end is extremely damaging. But creatures walking in the fire trail, even through the entire length of it, or standing in the flames at the end, or walking through it, suffer virtually no damage at all. It's very noticable and a real pain in the butt.
*Pren_LL-AB
USEast HC
Dark_Mutterings (Necromancer)
Doug_Winger (Wearbear)
Heroic career and 1.10 aspirations cut tragically short because NOBODY CAN DO ANYTHING WITH A 22.2K CONNECTION WHY DOES GOD HATE ME.
I was fighting some cold arrow-using Rogues of Act 5 of Hell with my Werewolf and they were chilling him. The problem was, I had "Cannot Be Frozen" gear equipped (2 of it, actually... Duriel's Shell and Raven Frost). I know it wasn't Holy Freeze because it hung around for quite a long time. <_<

Also, I found a wand that gave extra skills to Poison Dagger. That just seems a cruel joke, to me. :)
-TheDragoon
When I try to equip my barbarian merc with my newfound unique Balrog Blade, I get assertion error:

Expression: ptClient != NULL

I think it has to do with the fact that this sword gives +18 to inferno (not sorceress only, but to any char).
Heiho,

'repair all' at the blacksmith doesn't repair the inactive slot gear any longer.
Throwing Daggers in my inactive Slot (backup-weapon for dirty tricksters) don't get refilled when in the inactive slot.
so long ...
librarian

Check out some peanuts or the
Diablo II FAQtoids
current status: re-thinking about HoB
I was dueling a buddy of mine in 1.1 who was using the IK set and all the best newest gear on a level 99 character. I was using the new Trang set, also with the best gear. When he hit me (just one hit was enough to kill me), my life would drop to 1 and I would transfor from a vampire into a necro, effectivly saving my life. He said this happens all the time in druid duels when in werewolf form. Is this a feature or a bug?
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
[Image: emptyhanded.gif]

Contrary to popular belief, this Druid is lofting a two-handed sword, eight full feet of cold hard steel death. Sooo... Where the hell is it?

It magically reappears in game, but dammit there is no sword on the character select screen. It's gone. It's nonexistent.

Oh, and I've noticed a helluva lot of distancing problems. It seems that no matter what attack distance a melee weapon is, your character will always swing when an enemy is one degree further. It happens with daggers, with clubs, with a hand axe, with a spear, and now with my invisible two-hander.

Two-or-so years of development and testing for this? Thank God they decided to beta test this thing, as I shudder to think the amount of bugs that would have made it in the final release if they hadn't...
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
That's been pretty much the tale told when I'v played the game— since v1.00. At Normal Diff in melee combat against an FEB, the explosion often does not even singe my character's eyebrows. Only on occassion—and at higher difficulties—does the blast deliver damage. Made me suspect that there's a chance to hit factored there, and the low AR of the early bosses made the explosions miss.

I've seen NecroMinion skeletons deliver death blows on FEBs in the Barracks and whatnot, and still remain standing. Mind you, these are an early Necro's skellies who usually crumble to the ground if you so much as sneeze in their direction.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
MEAT,Jul 7 2003, 05:50 AM Wrote:I was dueling a buddy of mine in 1.1 who was using the IK set and all the best newest gear on a level 99 character.&nbsp; I was using the new Trang set, also with the best gear.&nbsp; When he hit me (just one hit was enough to kill me), my life would drop to 1 and I would transfor from a vampire into a necro, effectivly saving my life.&nbsp; He said this happens all the time in druid duels when in werewolf form.&nbsp; Is this a feature or a bug?
Vote Feature. Consistent behavior with a transformed character. There's probably some sort of rendering bug that would make your corpse invisible if you died in a non-character form such as a werewolf or vampire. And to get around this, the killing blow simply transforms you back into human form, primed and ready to be killed with the next hit.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Your sword is in the same place as the real 1.10 release canidate!

Because we all like to propose silly conspiracy theories, here's mine again for those who might have missed it. We aren't beta testing the same release canidate as the QA department. They gave us an older one to double check the quality of the QA department and to get all the D2 players off B.net for the early days of the Frozen Throne. That's the main part of the theory. There is also the factors of quelling fears after the departures and all that. I really don't believe the beta is the same version as the latest release canidate though. OK, maybe I just don't want to believe that. I also don't think with some of the old bugs coming back that this version was built off of 1.09, it feels more like it was built off of 1.07.
---
Quote:We aren't beta testing the same release canidate as the QA department.

If this *is* the same release version they are working on, we are in for another year or so waiting to fix all the bugs.

Who knows, maybe they added people to "The Team" to fix the bugs and will push out the patch ASAP.

And pigs might fly.

I'm still going to be entertained by the beta for a while at least, before I exhaust the things I'm interested in.