Some help for a noob
Ruvanal,Apr 7 2006, 12:17 PM Wrote:The faire starts setting up at the location it will be at for that month on the first Friday of the month.  The set up will be done on the following Monday at which time you can participate in the various faire activities.  The faire will remain open for seven days and then promptly close.  Since the cycle is set by the day the set up starts on, it can at time appear to be more like the third week in a month that you will see the faire open.

On even numbered months the faire will be in Elwynn Forest (right by Goldshire).  On the odd numbered months the faire will be in Mulgore (about halfway between Bloodhoof Village and Thunder Bluff).

Make sure to get your fortune told.
[right][snapback]106512[/snapback][/right]

Thanks.

-A

ps. Thanks to the mods for correcting the title of the topic :)
Hey all.

As suggested I've created an acct at the carpeaurum.com site, however I can't find the Gem chat anywhere. Suggestions?

Thanks.

-A
Ashock,Apr 13 2006, 11:35 AM Wrote:Hey all.

As suggested I've created an acct at the carpeaurum.com site, however I can't find the Gem chat anywhere. Suggestions?
Thanks.
-A
[right][snapback]107065[/snapback][/right]

PM darian that you're a lurker so he will give you access to the alliance forums
--Mav
Thanks.

-A
Mavfin,Apr 13 2006, 12:48 PM Wrote:PM darian that you're a lurker so he will give you access to the alliance forums
[right][snapback]107069[/snapback][/right]

Darian saw this before getting the PM, and took care of it. :shuriken:
Darian Redwin - just some dude now
Darian,Apr 13 2006, 09:38 PM Wrote:Darian saw this before getting the PM, and took care of it.  :shuriken:
[right][snapback]107146[/snapback][/right]

-A

ps. Does anyone here play until about 12:30 - 1am PST? Being on a server with all the lurkers is very nice, but being in a different timezone from the server is not....
Ashock,Apr 17 2006, 11:48 AM Wrote:ps. Does anyone here play until about 12:30 - 1am PST? Being on a server with all the lurkers is very nice, but being in a different timezone from the server is not....
[right][snapback]107426[/snapback][/right]

Getting GEM from Carpe Aurum will help with this. Here is some set up instructions that I blatantly stole from GG:

Once you log in, there will be a new icon on the circumference of your mini-map. Click it, then select the options tab. Under "channel name," enter avarice. Under "channel alias," enter whatever you wish Avarice chat to be prefixed with. Under "slash command," enter an unused short alias (for instance, "av" without the quotes) which you'll use just like you use /g for guild chat. Under comment, it would be a good idea to enter the name everyone commonly knows you by (forum name or whatnot). Then click accept. You will then be joined to the Avarice channel. You'll need to do this for each character you want to subscribe to the channel.

Finally GEM uses your local clock for the time. In order to have events display in server time you will need to set your server offset. For those of you in Eastern time this is not a problem since the server is eastern time as well. For those in other timezones it is. You need to add or subtract from you local time to get it to equal server time. So for people in Central time you need to set the offset to 1. Pacific time would need to set it to 3. Those in Dublin -5 (I think), etc.

This screenshot may be of assistance with these instructions.

There are quite a few in the Basin and at Carpe Aurum that play those times.
Tal,Apr 17 2006, 01:27 PM Wrote:Getting GEM from Carpe Aurum will help with this. Here is some set up instructions that I blatantly stole from GG:

Once you log in, there will be a new icon on the circumference of your mini-map. Click it, then select the options tab. Under "channel name," enter avarice. Under "channel alias," enter whatever you wish Avarice chat to be prefixed with. Under "slash command," enter an unused short alias (for instance, "av" without the quotes) which you'll use just like you use /g for guild chat. Under comment, it would be a good idea to enter the name everyone commonly knows you by (forum name or whatnot). Then click accept. You will then be joined to the Avarice channel. You'll need to do this for each character you want to subscribe to the channel.

Finally GEM uses your local clock for the time.  In order to have events display in server time you will need to set your server offset.  For those of you in Eastern time this is not a problem since the server is eastern time as well.  For those in other timezones it is.  You need to add or subtract from you local time to get it to equal server time.  So for people in Central time you need to set the offset to 1.  Pacific time would need to set it to 3.  Those in Dublin -5 (I think), etc.

This screenshot may be of assistance with these instructions.

There are quite a few in the Basin and at Carpe Aurum that play those times.
[right][snapback]107438[/snapback][/right]

Please note those instructions were for version 2.01 (as you can see in the screeny). There have been some changes in the layout of the newest version but you should be able to figure it all out from there. The channel set-up interface has changed a fair bit but it takes the same information. The biggest change is that they are trying to support multiple channels so things have changed with that.

Anyway since I did write that little tip sheet I just wanted to point out that it is now dated.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Thanks guys.

-A
Gnollguy,Apr 17 2006, 03:28 PM Wrote:Please note those instructions were for version 2.01 (as you can see in the screeny).  There have been some changes in the layout of the newest version but you should be able to figure it all out from there.  The channel set-up interface has changed a fair bit but it takes the same information.  The biggest change is that they are trying to support multiple channels so things have changed with that.

Anyway since I did write that little tip sheet I just wanted to point out that it is now dated.
[right][snapback]107450[/snapback][/right]

Also the hour offset factor has been changed to use just a check box for reporting using server time.