Well it's been fun.
This is crossposted in a few places so you may have seen it already.

My subscription runs out on the 25th (I had thought it was May 15th but I just checked again a little bit ago) and I'm not going to re-up.

I had always planned to kinda do it like a two week notice. Play till normal till 2 weeks before the account was up then let everyone know and ease on out of everything. Well that time came a couple weeks sooner than I expected.

So Saturday and Sunday will be my last raids. I don't really see much point in taking experience and loot away from those who aren't leaving the game soon. I've still got some 5 man goals and some other stuff I'd like to try and get done, but we'll see how it goes.

I also don't know if I'll be done for good or for just a few weeks or for a few months or what not. But I need to be out of the game completely for a while and it always seemed silly to me to do that while it was still paid for.

I don't need the game like I used. I don't need it for human contact anymore, like I did at one point. I want to just not have it there, even in the background, at least for awhile.

I've had a blast with this game. I've had a blast with this alliance and yeah 4 weeks ago I thought for sure I was going to re-up. But I've been thinking about it a lot the last month and I made the choice. Like I said I just checked the subscription info a few minutes ago and realized that the end was coming sooner.

You guys have been great. I will have to continue posting and even jumping on TS at times I think because I'll miss you all terribly. But I've got to get away from it all for a bit or permanently, I don't know yet.

This could be rough on Treesh. I don't know if she is re-upping or not, it's her choice and while it might be really hard for her to know that I won't be there to play with her she'll make that call as she wants to make it.

You've all done more than most of you can even guess at for me.

I've still got 20 days of play time left with you all, so it's a bit more than a two week notice but as I keep repeating over these last weeks for me, even though I think I've had about as much fun in the game as I have ever had (5 manning a corehoud, the 28 man late night Luci kills, SM 5 mans with my little mage, seeing Nef land, AQ40 explorations, crazy DPS duoing with tal to raise some funds, everything else) I've thought a lot about my future and where a video game fits into it and there are too many reasons that I don't want to get into that point to me needed to not have an active account for a time and as I said I don't know how long that time will be.

I'll see you in game, for a little bit longer at least.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
GG, anytime you want to 5-man a Core Hound again, look me up. :-) What a blast that was.

It's great that you're taking a break and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. We'll be here if you want to come back and you know that.

Don't forget the expansion!

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Like I said over on CA, a not so polite word came to mind, but I won't sully the LL with it (although I will say I looked around to see if Krossandra had walked in or if I was just channeling her ;) ).

I'm glad you are taking the step you feel you need. Like Bolty said, don't forget the expansion. By then, you'll be coming home from a hard day at work, looking for some relaxation and you'll fire up WoW to join your friends. Cya then (and in the next couple days if I can manage to get my machine back and get in to play)!

:( :(
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Thanks for all your great posts, and your good advice.

I've been where you are now, and it took three months for me to come back, so I know the feeling. :huh:
[Image: spangles_sig_3.jpg]
Damn :(
Tal,Apr 5 2006, 05:54 AM Wrote:Damn :(
[right][snapback]106273[/snapback][/right]

Ditto. We'll miss you, GG -- best of luck.
Personally, I will be sorry to see you go. I hope Treesh sticks around. But ah well, we had fun while it lasted and you 've got to do what you've got to do.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
I know GG said it's my decision on whether or not I re-up my account, but it's really not. And while I resent tremendously being forced to give up something I enjoy so much again and stop talking with all you fantastic folks in game (much love to all, especially my little home on Terenas. Necrali is going to have to get into Scholo and get herself a pretty off of Raz btw.), if GG needs this for getting better, that's what we'll do. I'm vocalizing my unhappiness now over this. Probably the folks on the CA boards will be getting more in depth explanation of my resentment, but I don't feel comfortable doing that here, which leaves my Terenas friends out in the cold on this and pisses me off greatly so I may just end up PMing it to all you guys over here because you deserve to know just what in the hell is going on better.

Edit: Although it won't be this morning because I'm too upset and have to calm myself down before it's time to start getting ready for work and I'll be damned if I'm going to go into work crying.
Intolerant monkey.
GG, GG. If its any consolation, I made the same choice and haven't regretted it.
Tal,Apr 5 2006, 07:54 AM Wrote:Damn :(
[right][snapback]106273[/snapback][/right]

Indeed. You'll both be missed. :(
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
You and Treesh will be greatly missed. RL first. Always.

Terenas
Yuri - Mage/Arcane 85 Undead
Thirdrail - Shaman/Resto 85 Tauren
Vicstull - Rogue/Subtlety 85 Troll
Penten - Priest/Discipline 85 Blood Elf
Storage guild Bassomatic
Farewell. I shall miss you both.
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
Treesh,Apr 5 2006, 10:45 AM Wrote:I know GG said it's my decision on whether or not I re-up my account, but it's really not.&nbsp; And while I resent tremendously being forced to give up something I enjoy so much again and stop talking with all you fantastic folks in game (much love to all, especially my little home on Terenas.&nbsp; Necrali is going to have to get into Scholo and get herself a pretty off of Raz btw.), if GG needs this for getting better, that's what we'll do.&nbsp; I'm vocalizing my unhappiness now over this.&nbsp; Probably the folks on the CA boards will be getting more in depth explanation of my resentment, but I don't feel comfortable doing that here, which leaves my Terenas friends out in the cold on this and pisses me off greatly so I may just end up PMing it to all you guys over here because you deserve to know just what in the hell is going on better.

Edit: Although it won't be this morning because I'm too upset and have to calm myself down before it's time to start getting ready for work and I'll be damned if I'm going to go into work crying.
[right][snapback]106284[/snapback][/right]

I am sorry to see you going. There were many places that I wanted to play with your characters more if time had permited.
/cry

Farewell to the both of you, and good luck in your RL endeavors.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
So... I think I wound up auto-renewing yesterday, aaaand...

Quote:We will be performing urgent maintenance on our authentication service this evening which may result in an inability to log in to the game. We currently have no estimate as to the starting time, or duration of this maintenance. We will provide updated information once it becomes available.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Boctoon
Senior Game Master
World of Warcraft

I actually can't get into account management.

Impressive Blizzard. Most impressive.
Great truths are worth repeating:

"It is better to live in the corner of a roof
Than in a house shared with a contentious woman." -Proverbs 21:9

Than in a house shared with a contentious woman." -Proverbs 25:24
Sorry you have to go :(

It was nice playing with you the handful of times that I got a chance to.

Kateley - Gnome Mage --- 60
Collector and connoisseur of fine keys, bags, trinkets and all things mooncloth
Covet! ... Covet! ... Covet! ... Covet!
GenericKen,Apr 5 2006, 07:46 PM Wrote:So... I think I wound up auto-renewing yesterday, aaaand...
I actually can't get into account management.

Impressive Blizzard. Most impressive.
[right][snapback]106362[/snapback][/right]

LoL. No wonder the server is a ghost town. I guess I got on by some miracle sitting through "Authenticating" for quite a while.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Concillian,Apr 6 2006, 06:30 AM Wrote:LoL. No wonder the server is a ghost town.  I guess I got on by some miracle sitting through "Authenticating" for quite a while.
[right][snapback]106369[/snapback][/right]

The maintinance has been expanded from 5, to 8, to 1, and at 1:30, it's not up. Players cannot access account management or login to any of the forums (including the technichal forums).

I can now confirm that I regret renewing. It's a mistake I do not intend to repeat. I'm sure I'm not the only person who feels this way.
Great truths are worth repeating:

Than in a house shared with a contentious woman." -Proverbs 21:9

Than in a house shared with a contentious woman." -Proverbs 25:24
Damn... the both of ya huh? I'm sorry to see you both go, its been a damn blast on Terenas, so I'll keep hoping you two'lll pop back in one of these days when things have died dow
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
Well it appears I've picked up some free days (guess it's good to have alts all over the place that you never play. :) ).

So I'm around till the 24th. Looks like one more Terenas friday night.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.