What would you think of....
@LavCat:
Wow, nice job getting him that far! :) Sorry to hear that Diablo was so rough; that's one of the problems that I still haven't quite been able to solve with a pure Summoner. Poison Creeper helps a little, but beyond that, there isn't a whole ton that you can do (aside from investing in Elemental skills).

I agree that OnlyPets should remain untwinked. There's no fun in doing it any other way. :)
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
In retrospect what I should have done is started a new game, leveled up a couple times, and gone in there with a bear. I also was forgetting that normal Diablo has (someone correct me if I'm wrong) minus 50 poison res.

Everything but Diablo was so easy, even in a two player game. Hephasto was conviction enchanted, spectral hit. An amusing combination for normal difficulty, I thought. The solution was not to give him a chance to hit.

To my memory I've only ever had one character get as far as act V without dying, and I don't recall what class that was. Yes I do: it was my recent melee sorceress. Usually my problem is with the oblivion knights, not Diablo.

I think it can be a lot of fun playing a character maximally twinked, but it is a different sort of challenge.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
One quick thing:

I was bored today so I decided to fool around with OnlyPets. I got him his new bow (though it may be a tad worse than his old one! D'oh!) but I did find the Unique Heavy Gloves, Bloodfist. A nice life bonus and some minimum damage do him well.
Wow, nice find! :D
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
Just curious....when OPM Passed out after her tough fight with Duriel....does that mean you accidently hit the windows button or Alt Tab or something???

I LOVE OPM. She has relatively lowlife for any tan I have ever played but she can eat hits for breakfast!

I'm off to play her right now, her quest, to destroy Szarrk(spelling?) the Burning and recover the first of Kalim's relics.
"Once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there
you have been, and there you will
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
LavCat,Apr 20 2003, 03:43 PM Wrote:I also was forgetting that normal Diablo has (someone correct me if I'm wrong) minus 50 poison res.
The Arreat Summit lists him as having +50 poison resistance. I believe you were thinking of our favorite butcher, Hephasto.

Quote:I think it can be a lot of fun playing a character maximally twinked, but it is a different sort of challenge.
Do you mean decking out a character with top-end stuff? Or do you mean equipping one with gear that perfectly compliments their playing style? Like an Avenger with a Lightsaber, Guardian Angel, and Tiamat's Rebuke? Or a CL sorc/trapper with a Phase Blade filled with Shaels, some 20%IAS gloves, and Goldwrap/Nos's Coil? Either way, it sounds like that would be fun. Wish I could join you. Stupid RL ™ :(
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?
OK, I've made the same one in Europe, the password is ****

I've started a barbarian named I_Pavarotti, guess what his role is supposed to be ;)

Edit: after reading the whole thread, I've changed the password of the accound, PM me to get it (registered members only! ;) )
Thankyou very much, like I said it needs editing but I appreciate your approval more than you know! :D And no she didn't pass out, but the fight got her life very low and it seemed somewhat fitting, not everything in the story is perfect. I did not hit the windows button, it just merely made sense. Besides her arm, jaw and nose were broken painfully and she was very weak. I felt it would be easier to have her heal that way than describing the most painful process of going to town and having it done professionally. It was the short rest and the healing potion that did their magic, and it fit well, creating a definite ending to the battle and the beginning of the next "section".

-Wapptor

<edit>: dodging the grammar police :ph34r:
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true."
-- James Branch Cabell
Update for LL-Piege time! I've been playing her mostly in ABasin games where most people hand over all the Poison Damage charms they find. Although this character is twinked up to her ears with charms and low-end uniques, I'm still having fun. The charms are all low-end, 6 over 3 being the most common. I don't really care, as long as I get that poison duration sky high.

She just whooped Andy at level 18 solo, and I must say it was very easy. All I had to do was run around, fire a single arrow every minute or so (yeah, the duration is REALLY high now) and cast a couple WoFs when I had the mana. My bulb never dropped below 19/20.
Thats because level 18 is the level that I generally beat act 2 at! :P

-Wapptor
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true."
-- James Branch Cabell
No, I was thinking of Diablo, but I seem to have been thinking wrong. Nothing new.

I'm not sure what the formal definition is for twinking, but I have a level one amazon decked out entirely in uniques...except for an amulet of strength she needed for some reason. My own summoning druid is now forty something. When he gets old enough I plan to give him Naj's set.
Well, unfortunately I'm a terrible story writer, but OPM made a lot of progress today. She entered a game with plans to spend a short amount of time "playing" in act 3 and would quit after retrieving Khalim's eye. However as I checked her quest log, this relic had already been recovered, along with the mysterious Jade Figurine, and the Kurast docks were once again safe due to the protective forces of the Gidbinn. I also saw that someone had found the unique Bardiche, Dimoaks Hew(Hue?) As she already had the Flayer Jungle waypoint, I chose that as the point to continue from. Well to make a long story short, I collected the various relics with no problems. At some point, of a trip back to Hratli to repair a broken sword, I purchased a tower sheild with the exact same enchantments as the kite sheild previously in use. 69% blocking...nice!

Next up was the Ruined Temple. This was the hardest fight encountered. Battlemaid Sarina was a cakewalk, but the pack of vampire champions guarding the entrance was not. This was a tough fight due to being unable to block their attack :wacko: (I'm dreading act 4 already).

The council came next and was slain by running back and forth to separate them to fight individually. Ismail Vilehand (I believe) was VERY kind when he dropped Sparkling Maile. (That 30% Lightning Resist would prove valuable against Mephisto.) This fight took a fair amount of time to finish, but OPM was never in great danger of dying..

She trooped into the Durance of Hate, killed the other council members in the same manner, and proceeded onto the easiest fight of my untwinked life. Seriously, with 71% lightning resist, maxed cold resist (due to a shrine), and a fairly high poison resist as well.....mephisto struggled to do anything close to posing a threat.

To summarize the fight, click on mephisto, OPM swings sword a couple times, meph dies, OPM's life bar is still around 80% full.

I was actually hoping for the dramatic, difficult fight she experienced when battling Duriel. That would not be the case. :unsure:

Mephisto was kind enough to donate a Lenymo sash.

OPM gained one level (as well as about half an exerience bar above) and is now level 25. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the high council was defeated using Khalims Flail.....not a dissadvantage at all over her sword because the flail is crazy fast....I almost wish I still had it...
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
Wapptor,Apr 21 2003, 12:57 AM Wrote:Thats because level 18 is the level that I generally beat act 2 at! :P

-Wapptor
Even if you were in a 5-8 player game since Blood Raven? :lol:
Status Report: LL-Barb
Realm: USWEST
Build: Spear Barb
Level 23
Str: 80
Dex: 50
Vit:60
Ene: 10
Act:3

Weapon: Cruel Gutter 23-35 dmg 5% chance to cast fire bolt upon striking, 46% ed, +54 AR, 1=4 cold damage

Armor: Splint Mail socketed with a +3 max damage jewel and a flawed ruby. -_-

Gloves: Shadow Hand Heavy gloves 5% chance to cast frost nova, 10AR, Lightning resist 18%, Poison length reduce by 25%

Amulet: Cold resist 14%

Rings: Ring of regeneration, Snakes Ring of Greed

Boots: Hailstone Slippers Heavy boots: 10% faster run, 10% faster hit recovery, +3 dex

Belt: 10% lightning resist, 24% hit recovery

Helm: Dire Shell Fanged helm 10% chance to cast Charge bolt, 9% fire resist, 6% cold resist, Poison resist 11%, +1 iron skin, some life.

cracked sashes: 2

Skills
Spear Mastery-7
Increased Stamina-1
Shout-5
Leap attack-1
Concentrate-1
All prequisites-1

A more detailed report coming up next.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Hi,
Thought I'd use my first post here to give an update on OnlyPets. He has now completed the Anya and Nihlithak quests, and has the Crystalline Passage waypoint. No deaths were experienced.

Notable finds along the way were the unique flail and another pair of set chain boots. His Anya reward was perfect... for a Werewolf <_< It has taken up residence in the cube.

Somewhere along the way to rescue Anya, I put the bow away and played him as a pure summoner. Wielding the Gleamescythe Falchion (30 mana) and putting some sapphires in the 2 socket helm he had on increased his mana pool to over 170. This allowed for a fair amount of wolf/vine/raven spamming :)
OPM continued her rampage through normal by defeating Izual, and completing the Hellforge ques solo. She then Created a game entitled "Act 4 No Rush" and defeated big D in a long and tough battle alongside a cold arrow amazon, a multishot amazon, and a dual sword barb. (note: OPM was level 26 at the time of the fight...the amazons were level 25 and 21 while the barb was level 19). Thanfully, her companion were not 1337 |=|4**()|27_, and were talented players who valued tactics over run and gun. This allowed OPM to serve an important role in the defeat of Diablo's generals by leading a few monsters at a time to the awaiting party where they were mercilessly slaughtered. It was a tough fight, and OPM suffered many close calls, but quite remarably, not a single person in the party suffered even one death. Not even the lower level barb, who took an active role in the fight and did not leech. It was a fun game.......Just wish I could find more people lie that on B.net... :)

After Diablo dies, OPM was very close to level 27, so she marched into the bloody foothills until she gained that level.

No noteable finds this time....
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
LavCat,Apr 20 2003, 08:37 PM Wrote:No, I was thinking of Diablo, but I seem to have been thinking wrong.&nbsp; Nothing new.
Actually, Heph (not to be confused with Hef ;)) and the Smith both have -50 to poison in normal and NM. That's probably where you got your info crossed up.

Quote:I'm not sure what the formal definition is for twinking, but I have a level one amazon decked out entirely in uniques...except for an amulet of strength she needed for some reason.
Uh, I'm assuming uniques carried over from D2C? None of the LoD uniques have lvl reqs low enough for starting characters to wear. Oh, BTW, my personal definition of twinking is using equipment that was found by another character, regardless of either character's lvl. YMMV

Quote:My own summoning druid is now forty something.&nbsp; When he gets old enough I plan to give him Naj's set.
How about a character that uses only set items? Try to have more than one complete set on, though, to make it a little tougher. Off the top of my head, I think the barb is the only one to do this. The BK set, and any non-class specific set without a weapon/shield.

Edit: Or even make it so that no magic items can be worn unless they are set items. Maybe even (unless?) the set is complete? I think I saw this type over in the Realms Beyond Diablo site. Sort of a modified elitist.
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?
LL-Barb woke up and polished his trusty spear. The sun was blinding and the desert heat made him feel groggy and tired. Nevertheless he had a mission to do. Seek the tomb of Tal Rasha and stop Baal from being free. He walked over the Greiz and asked for a mercenary. His new companion, Emilio, was a spearman too. Even though the two rarely talked with each other, an aura of divine power shined with them both, demonstrating the bond they had forged as they fought monster horde after monster horde.

He soon realized that he needed to recover a Horadric Staff. Alas, the staff was an ancient relic and broken at the top. It would take the power of a Horadic Cube to repair the staff.

LL-Barb and a fellow Barbarian journyed into the desert and descended into the halls of the dead. The place was dark and smelled of something that only Hell could only create. The mercenary was rather hesitant, as there were many foul demons he had never laid eyes on. Sweatdrops poured down his face and he died because he was frozen in fear (or stupidity) The Barbarians paid no heed to the eerie calls of the monsters as they coldly impaled their unforunate foes. They recovered the hidden treasures of tombs- the Hodraric Cube

His Barbarian companion had other matters, so he embarked on another journey. Cain remarked "You have a wonderful treasure." Cain began to ramble on, but the Barbarian simply ignored him and went to his vault. He grabbed some gold and went down to Atma's taven for a drink. There he met Gelgash. "I am the best warrior there ever was, I shall never be matched. Not even by a brute like you."

Obviously the very drunk Barbarian did not like this supposed veteran's snide comments and overturned the table. He walked around Gelgash with a piercing stare. He let loose a terrifying roar and the fool cowered in fear. He pointed his spear at his next victim. However, Jerhyn came along and warned the Barbrian that brandishing weapons and yelling loudly in town was forbidden. The Barbrian walked calmly (at least for a drunk) away.

Still drunk, The Barbrian saw that he had over 100,000 gold. He saw Elzix who was willing to play a game of gambling. The Barbrian, thinking his chances were good, nearly bet all his cash. In the end he had two rare items of low power, but they would suffice. Seeing he had little money left, the Barbrian was rather suprised. He went back to Atma's for yet another drink and passed out.

When he awoke, he came along a necromancer, an Amazon, and another Barbrian that had crossed the desert. They had arrived to fight the Prime Evils. LL-Barb, still suffering from a hangover decided to accompany them. He paid Greiz some money to use his satanic powers to reserruct the sad mercenary. And thus they plodded along. They fought disgusting bugs, evil vipers, and walked along the weirdest type of funky archtiecture- The Arcane Sanctuary. The summoner was rumored to have inhabited this odd place, and he had deadly powers. Indeed the glacial blasts and burning firewalls were impressive. However, a quick leap attack dispatched the mage. The summoner though, was not really the summoner. There was a book, but LL-Barb hated reading, especialy in weird languages. The necromancer read it aloud, and said a few weird things. A portal opened and warped them all to the Canyon of the Magi.

There were seven tombs, but the book had told them the correct tomb. Dozens of evil minions came from them at all sides. However, the effects of super-drugs, the red and purple potions, kept the adventures alive.

LL-Barb saw an odd orrifice. Seeing that the hordadic staff fit fairly well, he inserted it in and pressed "on." "Oh, s***" was his initial reaction. With a new blast in the wall, everyone went in.

Instead of finding Baal, they saw an ugly slug who called himself Duriel. "Looking for Baal?" The slug taunted.
"Yes. I was going to kick Baal's sorry behind. Too bad we only have you here, but you'll do fine for me to knock around."

"Die, filthy human!"
"What? You're calling me filthy?"

The slug lunged towards the Barbrian. The humans felt themselves chilled by Duriel's evilness. LL-Barb coldly walked aside and stabbed the slug. Green blood splashed all over the place. LL-Barb was not intimidated, although the Amazon complained that her plate was now stained. Emilio spent most of the battle wiping his stains off. The Necromancer offered to help the Amazon clean up, but Duriel suddenly charged at the necromancer.

The necromancer's life slowly drained away, but the other Barbarian (otherwise known as Obi-Wan) stopped Duriel right in his tracks. The Amazon pelted Duriel with arrows and LL-Barb drove his spear in the slug again. Duriel, screaming in pain unleashes a deadly smite attack, knocking them all away.

The necromancer got up and started mummering arcane chants. He used his own blood to make an oddity known as the Blood golem. Duriel was weakened by the curse, but the slug would not die.

"Use the Force, LL-Barb," said Obi-Wan.
"What, you're not Yoda."
"So?"

Ll-Barb concentrated his forces into a powerful force, colorfully named concentrate. The necromancer casted a diabolical curse increasing the fetidness of a wound. Duriel collapsed and thousands of tiny maggots flew all over the place. The heroes had fun stepping on them.

Unforunately, baal had escaped. Tyreal said he couldn't stop the Prime Evils since he smoked so much crack last night. In frustration, the heroes headed on to the Kurast forests.

But little did they know that there would be something more frustrating. Getting out of the forrest and recovering the body parts of some guy named Khalim.

To be continued
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
I must be honest, my first thougth was well, it's late, I am incapable of thought, and then a few sentences later was practically on the floor laughing my head off. (I pity my roomates as it's like 2:00 AM or something and we have finals tomorrow!!)

Please, more, I NEED MORE!!!!

Anyway, it's about time I try this story tellin stuff ;)

The cold air sent needles down OnlyPass_magic's spine. It would take her some time to become accustomed to the frigid weather typical of the barbarian homeland. She desperately wished that Tyrael had given her some kind of warning before she walked through that portal. Though she had become accustomed to discomfort through her many battles with the demonic hordes, the chill still hit her like a blow from an ogre maul. That chill.....the chill brought back a horible memory. She had blindly charged through a dark hole in the wall of Tal Rasha's tomb, onl to be confronted by the vile countenance of Duriel.....

But that seemed like ages ago. She had fought many enemies since, but none had come so near to bringing about her death than that awful slug.

Now she stood at the open gates of Harrogoth, and prepared herself for battle once again. Her mission was simple, to slay the vile overseer of the siege on Harrogoth, Shenk. She would not be alone in this fight. Among her companions was a druidic wolfman, and an amazon from her very own clan.

Both OnlyPass_Magic and her companions were now not only battle hardened, but quite powerful. She had honed her senses to the point that it almost seemed as though she was able to predict the actions of her foes.

They fought through hordes of demons, enslaved by their dark masted, until finally, perched upon a small hill, they spotted the dark, misformed shape of their adversary. The Hulking brute carried a whip the length of three men and as he whirledit about, he beat his minions into a frenzy. The first to fall was the amazon, victim of a suicidal freak who exloded as the amazon attempted to jab her spear into its twisted form. The barbarian leaped upon the hill to battle shen himself, but it soon became apparent that he was outmatched. OnlyPass_Magic tried with all her might to reach the hilltop, but she got there only in time to see Shenk mutilate the last recognizable bits of her companion.

She raised her sheild and parried a blow from the tendrilous weapon and lunged, buring her sword deep into the demons chest. Bloodlust began to take her, but before her anger could gain total controll, she was subjected to a barrage from dozens of demonic catapults...

She awoke lying next to the body of her foe. Dazed, she rubbed her eyes, and as the world returned to focus she saw her fate.

The barrage had created a blockade, preventing her from returning to Harogoth for the time being...there was nowhere to go but onward.

Seeing that the enemy was very strongly concentrated in the highlands beyond, she used her skills to create illusions in the enemies minds. She moved undetected in this manner until, above the din of a hundred howling demons, she heard a faint cry of "help!"

Could this be one of the barbarian wariors left unaccounted for after the last attack of Harrogoth? She waited until she could use the cover of darkness to her advantage and crept silently towards the place she heard the cry. As she peaked from behind a large pile of rocs she saw a crude wooden pen guarded by a huge armoured beast with a familiar small Impish demon perched in a box upon the creatures back. Inside the cage were a number of bloody beaten warriors. She burst forth from behind the rocks and slay the monster and, in one swift motion, decapitated the fiend which had been upon its back.

She busted through the rickety gate and awoke the barbarians one by one, then handed them a scroll of town portal and crept off into the darkness, as she knew that the brilliant light from the potal would surely attract the attention of nearby demons.

Her journey continued until she reached an immensly tall wall of ice with a hole near the bottom barely large emough for her to fit with all of her armour. She slid through the hole and found herself in a crystaline passage, well lit by torches, obviously of demonic construction. She ventured into the cavern and met many a demonic foe along the way. Each dispatched just as the hundreds and thousands had before.

She came upon an ara where the cave descended deeper into the earth. There she saw an ancient subteranean river, long frozen. As with neary everywhere in the light forsaen world, demons came forth to do battle. She began to believe that she would spend the rest of her life battling these demons, and then realized just how short her life could be....

Her thoughts were interupted, however, when the sight of what appeared to be a young woman frozen in a pillar of ice. She moved closer to get a better view, but suddenly she was slamed by behind with such force that she rolled across the frozen cavern flloor. She collected herself as quicly as she could and when the next blow came, she was able to roll with it. She struc back at the beast, obviously much more powerful than the similar hairy creatures she was used to fighting. The blow tore off the creatures left arm above the elbow. Bluish blood spurted forth and the creatures animalistic wail caused stalagmites to fall to the floor.

OnlyPass_magic's finishing blow nearly removed the creatures head, and it let free one last gurgle before falling still and silent.

She ran forward to the girl and was surprised to see that she was still alive.

"Hero, Nihlathak did this to me." she said

OnlyPass_magic swung her sword at the ice ntrapping the girl, but as she struck it the blade rebounded, leaving not even the slightest scratch on the surface. Some magic holds her trapped here, she thought.

The girl explained that she was Anya, and that only Malah could create a potion to release her from the prison of ice. OnlyPass_magic quickly read the runes on her portal scroll and went to town, where Malah hurriedly prepare the thawing potion.

As Anya dran the few drops in the flask, the ice began to melt and steam around her...
OnlyPass_Magic helped her through the portal and dropped her of at Malah's to recover....

Now...where to find that snake Nihlathak???
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
Striker,Apr 21 2003, 12:39 AM Wrote:Uh, I'm assuming uniques carried over from D2C?&nbsp; None of the LoD uniques have lvl reqs low enough for starting characters to wear.&nbsp; Oh, BTW, my personal definition of twinking is using equipment that was found by another character, regardless of either character's lvl.&nbsp; YMMV

How about a character that uses only set items?&nbsp; Try to have more than one complete set on, though, to make it a little tougher.&nbsp; Off the top of my head, I think the barb is the only one to do this.&nbsp; The BK set, and any non-class specific set without a weapon/shield.
Ah, no, the uniques *are* in D2C. Uniques carried over get level requirements same as ones found in LoD.

Almost all my items were found by me, myself, and I. A nice chunk were found by my little boy, who sadly has now lost interest in the game. A couple good items were gifts/trades from a friend, and a few were gifts/trades from a couple others. Of all the latter I have the same items that I've found myself. I don't play in public games and I don't take candy from strangers! So I guess we agree.

I had experimented with multiple sets on the same characters. Unfortunately at the time there was a bug such that only the last equiped set had bonuses. If one could believe the character screen, which I think in this case was correct. In one of the patches that bug was fixed, but I never went back to experiment with those characters.

Berserker's and Hsarus' can be combined, as can Hsarus' and Angelic.