What would you think of....
Though I haven't openly broadcast it in an open channel, there are many "non-lurkers" who have been informed. I'll continue to leave the password on here. I'm done arguing now and will not reply to any posts from Nico or Obi unless they are on a different issue (not dealing with changing the password.) I still stand on my word...If there is an outcry to change from the players using the account on East, so be it, I'll change it..but only then.

Now, on to more important matters.

Here are some things I've taken note of while playing OPM in some public arcane run games.

1.) in large games (6+ players) she doesn't even come close to the killing potential of paladins and barbs of approximately the same level. (didn't see any wolves, bears, java/spearzons etc.) However, she has yet to die or have a "close call" in any arcane game (Canyon of the Magi was also done a couple times), while many barbs and paladins were dying regularly.

2.) In games with somewhat fewer people(4-5) She was much inferior to the other melee classes. They could kill faster due to "better" attac skills and not getting block/dodge locked, and they also rarely died in this difficulty level.

3.) In games with very few people, she is at least even in killing power with other melee classes due to most everything still dying in one hit.

Things that may help later on......

A higher damage weapon will definitely be a must. IAS would help too.
A sheild with some resistances. (The current one is a enhanced defence, increased block, fast block kite sheild. Very nice but may not be useful in areas heavily populated with magic using monsters.
Mercenary... Well someone else can figure this one out...I don't have a good answer. :)
"Once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there
you have been, and there you will
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
I wasn't trying to make you change the password. I was merely explaining the reason the password was changed. Now, time to find out if I can get online at the same time someone else is.
I agree, lets make it public, and just focus on fun. Besides, we all have our other accounts even if them |_337 |-|4xx0|25 take this one... :P

-Wapptor ($|-|it happens...)
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true."
-- James Branch Cabell
People have posted accounts and passwords for in the past, and those accounts *have* been stolen.

I expect that any account with a public password will be stolen sooner or later. There are plenty of people who can read the LL, even if they are no longer allowed to post, for example. Things have slowed down, of course, but I don't know that they've slowed down quite that much.

I'm not trying to prove anything, and I'd prefer to be wrong. You guys are welcome to run your accounts any way you choose. But, if somebody can't be bothered to send a private message asking for the password, are they really going to bother to play?

-Griselda
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
I got a question that is not really on topic. What does all the numbers and letters and stuff represent? Do they supposedly spell something out or something?
Yes...
4=A
3=E
|-|=H
7=T
1=l
ect.
Obi1.10Kenobi,Apr 19 2003, 11:14 AM Wrote:To recap, this is only USWest, as Albion started the USEast.
Oh, I apologize. I thought you had changed the password on USEast as well. I tried to log on last night and I got a bad password message. Maybe I just need more sleep. I will try again in a little while.

I don't feel strongly either way about about the passwords. Eventually one of us may find a superior sash, and the account will be gone if we leave the password public. I tend to become emotionally involved with my heroes, and that might hurt. On the other hand it is an interesting social experiment to allow public access. (As long as *I* can log in!)

By the way, if anyone feels the need to replace onlyPets' ethereal rare boots I found, please save them for me!
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Ultimate_Power,Apr 19 2003, 04:36 PM Wrote:I got a question that is not really on topic.  What does all the numbers and letters and stuff represent?  Do they supposedly spell something out or something?
Check out Elric's leet speak guide here for a translation.

I still get headaches trying to read and comprehend that stuff.
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?
Me too. Look above and you'll see my sad attempt at using it.. <_<
Back on topic.

Played OPM a little bit more and gambled a very nice sword. (Thank you Elzix! ;) )

It's a rare crystal sword with 60+% enhanced damage, 10% IAS, 120+to Attack rating, and 1-13 lightning damage.

I also found a unique Voulge (yes, steelgoad, the same as the barb is twinked with) and have used it some but sorely miss the blocking.
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
...I think the whole idea is idiotic. But hey, if they want it, they have a right to do it. Far be it from me to stop them. :)
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Quote: ...I think the whole idea is idiotic. But hey, if they want it, they have a right to do it. Far be it from me to stop them.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Post Settings

I(we) are right here, no need to talk in the third person. ;)

Idiotic as it may seem to you, it has been much fun thus far..... :rolleyes:
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
Quote:The only allusions I mae towards possesiveness is that the choice to keep the account totally public should be mine. It was started with the intent to be totally public, and shall remain so unless the vast majority of people who play it on a regular basis implore on me that they wish it to change. I make this decision with precisely the same level of authority that has allowed Obi1.10 to make the opposite decision.

Obi1.10 had the right to make that decision as a participant, not as the "Leader". In fact, every participant had the right to make that decision, as long as the new password was shared with the group en masse. Once again, you seem to be jumping up and down saying "Everyone can play whatever you want... as long as you do it my way".

Your ego is showing.

Quote:PS. Nico, choke on your words a month from now...

I highly doubt that your account will exist a month from now. Then again, I highly doubt you'll still be posting on this forum a month from now, either. Do you think your "Public" won't change the Account password under those circumstances?

But then, I'm only offering constructive criticism.
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
USWEST:

Refrigerator, instructions are as follows:

Main skills: Holy freeze, smite, holy shield, possibly salvation

Stat points: mostly vitality, but some in the others too

Armor: Must be some of the HEAVIEST armor you have. Fridges aren't exactly nimble, you know.

at's 'Bout it.

Rest is up to...... whoever happens to be playing him.
The clearly thin fabric of reality rippled violently as the world was swept away into a swirling vortex of frenetic energy, after what seemed like an eternity, reality fazed back into her vision and the sandy desert materialized beneath her feet to greet her yet again. OnlyPass_magic stood strongly on the waypoint, its sand weathered stone surface still clearly etched with the many glyphs used to identify the tombs within this "sanctum". She was strong, although she was originally from the southern islands of he bow slinging amazons, she had been trained in melee combat and was strongly built, with tight muscles clinging to her lithe femine frame. She wore a suit of black leather, with matching boots, a beaten steel helmet rested gently on her head, concealing her stern face beneath. In one hand she held a massive blade, enchanted wonderfully and made of a transparent azure crystal, known as mazurite. She looked around the canyon of the magi, the resting place of many long dead, and once great men and felt privelaged to stand in their prescence.

With a gloved hand she reached into her belt and drew a piece of parchment on which she had etched the rune of the true tomb, of the great mage Tal Rasha, keeper of...Baal. The rune was two arrows, facing downards, and closely lined up with each other, they were topped by a small arrow facing the opposite direction. She gazed around the canyon, catching sight of 5 or 6 tombs. Standing around the perimiter were various idle demons, crush beasts, blood maggots and some of those damned desert cats, unaware of her deadly presence.

Her keen vision caught sight of the matching tomb and she jogged swiftly towards it, keeping her head up, looking for the demons. A crush beast caught sight of her and attempted to move in, she stopped and stood her ground. The crush beast moved closer, wobbling on its tree trunk legs and swinging its massive arms crazily. It made a large swipe towards her head, a decapitating blow, but luckily OnlyPass_Magic raised her sturdy shield in time to absorb much of the blow. She stumbled backwards in shock from the impact of the attack and the shield cracked slightly from the force. He swung again, but she dodged it, jumping nimbly out of the way. She sidestepped his third strike and this time drove the honed point of the sword through his blood-stained shaggy hide and spilling his innards, steaming, onto the hot sand. As the strength drained rapidly from him the beast hit the dune with a thunderous crush, while OnlyPass_Magic continued towards the tomb.

She reached the entrance and crept inside, leaving the heat of desert behind and becoming draped in an eerie (*spelling?*) chill which permeated the ancient tomb. Three corridors confronted her, each at different ninety degree angles, only one led to the correct tomb and the other two likely demise. She chose the one straight ahead and crept down the hallway. The door at the end of the corridor was an immobile stone column, tightly fitted into the rock wall, but by touching the ancient runes on it, she caused it to fall into the floor below, creating a great arching entranceway. A horde of grinning skeletons greeted her, swinging their demonic blades quickly. She dodged among them and swung her sword frantically, trying desperately to avoid their killing blows. A rusty scimitar landed itself in her thigh, cutting through the bone, and she began to collapse as her leg failed her. She grabbed a healing potion, popped the cork and downed it, drinking most while some ran down her helmet and face. The bone awkardly reset and the skin miraculously began to heal, knitting itself together by elongating strands. It wasn't perfect but it worked. She smashed the skeleton before her with her shield and broke it into hundreds of bones, hacking through the pack she managed to get towards the decrepit mummy, empowering the skeletons from the back corner of the room. With a horizontal slash of her sword she critically struck the demon and destroyed its exposed ripcage, breaking it in two halves which independantly crashed to the floor, sending toxic dust into the air. A bit more swordlplay dispatched the rest of the skeletons and she moved on.

The corridors continued endlessly, winding in circles and only bringing her back to places she had been before, or so she thought. OnlyPass_Magic fought hundreds of skeletons, vampires and mummies, each one dyeing to her ever sharp blade. Eventually she found herself back at the original three corridors, dripping in sweat and blood, suffering from wounds and overcome by fatigue. She went the final route and found herself at a great, humming orifice, with the matching seven glyphs of the tombs etched around its stone base. From her backpack she drew an ornate Horadric staff and aimed it's bottom end towards the opening, with her last bit of strength she jammed the staff into the opening and waited...

...It spun slowly at first and then more rapidly, until it became a transparent blur of white light, blinding OnlyPass_Magic. It rose from the Orifice now and seven pillars of light burst forth from the glyphs recorded on the floor. The staff and the beams coalesced into one brilliant vortex and sent a bolt of energy towards the wall, shattering rock and revealing an opening, an opening into the tomb... OnlyPass_Magic chugged her last potion, and throwing caution to the wind, jumped inside, ready for whatever was coming.

The cold hit her first, like the cold of being submerged in icy water, stinging needles of pain penetraing her flesh and slowing her, she had to fight through the agony. A deep voice taunted her, a demonic voice, but not the voice of Diablo, the one she sought: "Looking for Baal?". A large sluglike creature rolled towards her on eight insectile legs, he had two massive pincers upon his shoulders and a small head with enourmous jaws. His abdomen was a flabby eggsac, from which the legs extended, but he guarded this at all times. Under his grotesque form was a freezing aura, this was what had chilled OnlyPass_Magic, literally to the bone. She tried to shake the cold as much as possible and charged towards the demon. Realizing that she had missed Diablo filled her with an uncontrollable rage. She battled furiously with the demon, hacking and slashing, cutting wounds in his ever resistant hide and blocking the massive strikes of his pincers. She backed up but miraculously he closed the distance instantly, hitting her in the face and knocking her back, stunned and bleeding. She knew her nose was broken and her jaw as well, but she had to keep fighting. She moved in again and stabbed at his face, this time the demon swung at her shield arm and shattered the metal with a decisive blow. Her arm also shattered under the force and she let it dangle at her side, still fighting but preparing to die. The demon came again, she could barely see through the blood oozing from her forehead and nose and her jaw was immobile and clenched in a warriors grimace. With one last burst of rage she hacked at the demon, swinging left, right and upwards in a vicious arc. The blade struck true, the first strike cutting off his left arm, the second driving itself into his jaw and the third hitting him in the midsection, near his vulnerable abdomen. His abdomen ruptured in a magnificent explosion showering sparks all over the room, the wall's collaped and the demon fell apart, crumbling under his own weight while insects and demonic goo and puss pooled on the floor. OnlyPass_Magic began to fade from this world, as her body hit the cool floor she grasped with her one good hand the healing potion the demon had dropped and poured it down her throat as unconciousness overtook her...

...She woke in the chamber and slowly moved her broken arm, it had healed, so had her jaw and nose and she felt considerably better. OnlyPass_Magic stood up weakly and brushed the gore off her armor and exposed legs and arms. She kneeled down and picked up the sword by it's rough leather grip and sheathed it in her belt. She felt somehow that she should explore the rest of the tomb and cautiously walked up through the hole in the wall that the demon's final explosion had made and finally came to a great chamber. There, above a molten pit stood a small island of stone, on it the chained and heavenly form of the Archangel Tyrael, in awe and shock she ambled towards him.

"Thankyou, Hero, for saving me!" he boomed in his unearthly tone "however, the evil; Diablo, has escaped you, you must continue to hunt him. My energy is fading, and my time grows shorter with each hour. Go now, their is celebration for you, where you deserve". He opened a portal with a wave of his hand, the blue light emanating from it, lighting up the walls of the tomb.

"go..." he whispered to the weakened amazon, who stood there now, dazed and confused.

She regained her senses and looked towards the glowing, azure rift and with a yell of both glee and agony, stepped to the other side: towards happiness, sorrow, rejoicing and adventure!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OnlyPass_Magic killed duriel tonight at 11:36 Pm EST. It was quite a fight, after clearing the entire tomb before finding the chamber (which tends to be my luck usually). As you can see I got a *bit* carried away, but I thought it was worth it. The fight against duriel was tough, but she never died once in the whole affair. Having little experience with tankazons (she is right?) it was a new experience for me which I had a hard time with at first but got used to halfway through the tomb B) . So far I am really getting to like this account, it was a great inspiration for me (as you can see) and the character was all set up, I had to work with what I have, an overly enjoyable experience :D . Hopefully this will continue in the future, and perhaps people can continue my tradition and keep this *story* alive!

-Wapptor

<note>: The story took long enough to write, I must go to bed now or parents will kill me... I apologize for any spelling/gramatical errors, unless it's major try and not bother me much, I'll edit it tomorrow when I have more time.
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true."
-- James Branch Cabell
Holy crap! You expected me to read all of your 1,728 words? :)
Anyhow, a very well-written story. It should be like, on the front page. :P
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Stupid busted DVD drive...
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Arghh, glad you like it, but now that I look back its definitely not my best writing...
Obviously editing is needed, but it's certain words that are ticking me off, oh well, this can be fixed :) . I guess that's what I get for writing a story, after getting back from work, after midnight. I found myself at an extreme loss for good words last night and this hindered it most I think. I think the form is good however, and the intersperced battle sequences fit right in without taking up too much of the time. Besides how many times can I describe a diablo battle without summing it up like: click click click click click click *pick up treasure* click click click etc etc :P . Hopefully more feedback will help finalize it!

-Wapptor
-- James Branch Cabell
Back onto the update of LL-Piege.

She died. In Hardcore. Simple as that. She was attempting to do the Arcane Sanctuary in a large count game (the goats were not impressed with WoF) and tried to kill the Summoner off-screen with a Long Bow she had on weapon switch. Long story short, she wasn't far enough. No loot.

Her younger sister shall be started today and will hopefully fare better.
FenrisWulf,Apr 18 2003, 08:39 PM Wrote:Looks like the Summoning Druid is in the lead. :D Muhahahaha.
And he probably still is! I left him looking for the soldiers in the frigid highlands. His only problem so far has been Diablo. And unfortunately that was a problem: you might say we died a thousand deaths. I was really hoping I could say he hadn't died, but that was not to be. Only facing Diablo though. Against Diablo even dire wolves don't last so long.

You or someone else can have a turn. Keep us posted. If onlyPets is to be a hunter, he will need a better bow. I suggest looking for a good two socket bow and making Zepher. He has the necessary runes, I think. I would like to keep him untwinked, please. Except for the bow, his stuff is pretty good, if I don't mind saying so myself. He is at the second hit recovery break, I believe five frames.

I took the etherial boots, a wand and some chips. I'd say anything really good you find that he can't use, you might as well keep for yourself. No use selling it. The only unique he's found so far while I've been playing is Gleamscythe. Diablo dropped a wand of lower resist, and we used it on Shenk. We also found a staff of teleportation.

Have fun!

Edit: no, the wand was life tap...need sleep....
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Change of plans for LL-Piege! She finally managed to acquire a Demon Machine (unfortunately, it's socketed with an Eth already. D'oh!) and is going to mingle in the ways of a Venom Trapper. Max Venom, Lightning Sentry and Wake of Fire. Minor in Death Sentry with no Shadow skill back-up, minus Venom. Now all I need is some massive load of Poison Damage Charms. Without a PEmerald in my bow, I'm pretty screwed for poison damage, minus Venom.