What would you think of....
It's terrible! I think that just happened to me... I couldn't do anything. If I tried to say something, Lost Connection to B.net (but it kept me in the channel) if I try and make a game, it says lost connection to B.net and if I click the OK it pops up again... :( Actually, it puts me on an indefinate waiting time to join a game, then it starts the cycle.
If I try to quit, it tells me "A game already exists with that name."
Crazy. Well, I'm done playing llngeacct, USEast, for right now. OnlyPets has reached the ripe age of lvl 17, and seems to inexplicably drifted down the Hunter route (fancy that :D). Radament has been bested, the Horadric Cube has been unearthed, Coldworm the Burrower fell to a mighty hail of arrows and the deadly fangs of five vicious wolves, and the Staff of Kings has again seen the light of day. Hsaru's Iron Tread also made an appearance, but I still have OnlyPets wearing those ethereal Rare boots that you found, LavCat; you'll be proud to know that they haven't lost even a single point of Durability yet. :) I cleaned out the stash a bit, changed up some armor, helm, et cetera; I hope I didn't get rid of anything you were particularly attached to.

Looks like the Summoning Druid is in the lead. :D Muhahahaha.
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
I just played OPM (onlyPass_Magic) for a bit. She has the cube! And I found a nice 4% life steal ring. Very helpful... since she's not too good as a melee fighter.

Quote:Looks like the Summoning Druid is in the lead.  Muhahahaha.

And, at level 18, sitting alone at the top.
I was playing the zon on East while the druid was also on....I could whisper him and vice versa...

Couldn't join the same game though.
"Once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there
you have been, and there you will
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
SHAME ON ME!!!!!!!

I killed OPM.....

Yup that's right, I'm the first (or the first to admit it anyway) It was last night and, shame on me again, I can't even remember how she died. (I was somewhat innegriated (SP) , it was the last day of classes and I decided to play some D2, god knows why, after all the other underage drunk ppl left)

Oh well, thank god the isn't hardcore :) .
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
This is a public forum. If you check at any point in the day, you'll note that the number of unknown "Guests" usually double the actual "Members" in attendance.

And you've just plopped your passwords out in the open.

You seem to be having alot of fun with this, and I'd hate to see it ruined by someone's search for boredom-resolution. Certainly there's enough people out there that find Account hacking to be amusing... having an account like this handed to them would be a bit of a sadness, don't you think?

It would seem to me that having this amount of people investing this amount of time into the "project" justifies a little pragmatism: Protect your Account.

Your choice. Certainly there's enough ability between the various messenging systems and the LL's own PMing software to allow you to get password changes around efficiently and safely. Or, worse comes to worse, construct an email "group".

Food for thought.

*tips helm*
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Well, no one has done it yet... :)

But maybe I should change it and have people just PM me for it, so at least they would need an account...
Yep. That is what I have decided.
Quote:Well, no one has done it yet...

Albion Child's idea is barely over a day old, it would be only a matter of time... and shorter than you'd like to admit.

I think your decision is sound.

*tips helm*
Garnered Wisdom --

Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Good call. Now that OnlyPets has a Hsaru's Iron Tread, the |-|4x0rs and trolls will be all over this account. :D

Just kidding, of course. Yes, it's a wise course of action, but it's sad our trust must be guarded so carefully. Eh, I'm a big ol' idealistic softy.
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
:angry: Well, East account better stay as it is.

This is an experiment. Surely some idiot may screw it up, but so be it. The fun is in playing.

What would be the point of having a public account if it's not public? If everybody is worried about losing these characters, well, you shouldn't be. #$%& happens and it ain't gonna kill ya!

I want anyone and everyone to be able to play this account. Undoubtedly there are some |-|4|<0|25 (My noob version of 133'|') who read this site, but seriously, you would have to be the most desperate human being in the world to need to steal these items. Unfortunately for (Fenris??) he ruined any chances of the Western account reaching it's full potential. Heck I already was unable to log on to it to check out there characters. I thought some moron changed the pass... Perhaps I was correct (Joking Ha Ha :) )

Oh well.

In any case, I don't know anyone on this site. Period. For all I know anyone from Pete, Fenris, Smurf, Sheep, Bolty, Nico, Archon, Elric, Gris and any one of the others could throw a fit and ruin this. (thought I certainly wouldn't expect it in a thousand years, that is why I chose this site out of many as the best lace to start.)

switching to PM would mean no new people to join in the fun and the whole thing would eentually poop out.

I ask (again ??? Fenris???) to change the password back. Tell me seriously, what'v you got to lose?

To summarize, I don't want a group. Hopefully the rest of you all don't either, because I'd be greatly dissapointed to need to destroy this.

The whole fun to me is the fact that ANYONE can use this acount. A N Y O N E!!
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
FenrisWulf,Apr 19 2003, 02:24 AM Wrote:Good call. Now that OnlyPets has a Hsaru's Iron Tread, the |-|4x0rs and trolls will be all over this account. :D
Now with west in control of the password, the the boots are surely safe...not as sure about the lead we had.

(And Obi1.10Kenobi will probably never give it to me now!)
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Quote:Originally posted by Albion Child
I ask (again ??? Fenris???) to change the password back.
Heh, what? Albion, I haven't changed the password of the East account. I actually haven't even been on the East account since leveling OnlyPets to lvl 17 and getting him his Staff of Kings. My assumption had been that Obi1.10Kenobi had changed the passwords on both the USEast and USWest llngeaccts, so if that's not the case, then I have no idea what's going on right now. Well, more so than usual.
Well i think only the West account got its pass changed cuzz someone was on the east accoutn this morning and said that the pass is the usual one. (again i cant spell usual... :( plz help!)
TwIsTeD

Last time I saw anything like that, . . .
. . . I flushed twice to make sure it couldn't get back.
Pete
Obi1.10Kenobi changed the password for the West Account. To get the password you have to Private Message him.
So far Refrigerator, Lavcat, Sporky Smurf, and FenrisWulf have it, so you can PM them, too. :)

Some may think these measures are a bit extreme, but with more than one person playing, it is likely they will be played more often, and thus level more. When they have reached a high level (especially with me posting the stats after each act) they are more of a target. And if you have to have an account, that would take time. :) So I thought it would be better if I "protected" the password by starting it now, when less people are participating, than later, when there would be lots of people doing it and then I have 50 pms.

To recap, this is only USWest, as Albion started the USEast.
Hey, i jsut recovered my account again, i had lost my password for quite some time, and i just wanted to say that this is a really good idea, i like the public account but also the decision about not making it too public. :D
Congrats albion.

*hamma time* :P
When in doubt, there is only one thing to do......

HAMMA TIME!

Check me out on USEast at wza.occhi
No I mean change the west back to a public format.

The Pass on East has never changed...
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
Quote:I want anyone and everyone to be able to play this account. Undoubtedly there are some |-|4|<0|25 (My noob version of 133'|') who read this site, but seriously, you would have to be the most desperate human being in the world to need to steal these items. Unfortunately for (Fenris??) he ruined any chances of the Western account reaching it's full potential. Heck I already was unable to log on to it to check out there characters. I thought some moron changed the pass... Perhaps I was correct (Joking Ha Ha&nbsp; )

My suggestion was never to do with your items. It was to compensate for (in my opinion) the idiocy of publicly publishing your account name and password on an open forum. You don't believe that the people that hack accounts do so merely for their own amusement? Yes, it's sad... but your assertion to their "desperation" is hardly a safety against their interference.

You're being hypocritical: First you say that West has lost it's "full potential", then claim that losing this account equivocates to "sh** happens". So: it both is meaningful and not meaningful. Make up your mind.

With a group of people involved, you are not only dealing with yourself, but many others... some of whom might appreciate a little effort towards protecting the characters they invest their time into. Can you explain to me how a simple private password change that's kept to Messengers can possibly harm? How is it limiting your group? People would simply post "I'd like to play too" on the forums or in a public reply.

Quote:Well, East account better stay as it is.

Your hesitation is foolish. Your allusion to anything resembling "possessiveness" is also foolish. It was your idea, and all credit there towards you... but it moved beyond your singular decisive power the minute you opened it up to "public playing".

I suggest you follow Obi1.10's example.
Garnered Wisdom --

Yes Nico, I'll gladly explain. I started this account to see what would happen to an account that anyone could play. Changing to a PM "system" would limit it's potential because now "anyone" is limited to a few people.

The only allusions I mae towards possesiveness is that the choice to keep the account totally public should be mine. It was started with the intent to be totally public, and shall remain so unless the vast majority of people who play it on a regular basis implore on me that they wish it to change. I make this decision with precisely the same level of authority that has allowed Obi1.10 to make the opposite decision.

Nico, it seems like many people dissagree with you as none of the "easterners" have asked/suggested/demanded that I change the password. Perhaps they are just silent. I hope they are in agreement however.

If I wanted a group account, I would have started it with my usual list of B.net friends.

PS. Nico, choke on your words a month from now...
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
If you want it to truely be public, you should start advertising it in a public channel... :lol: