1.10 Beta Bugs
Ruvanal,Oct 25 2003, 08:25 AM Wrote:GF frequently just uses the MPQ data files for starting the building of the pages.  But he does not even know 1/10 of what you do in terms of being able to read what one of the files is really being used for.  Nor does he apparently go to a site like Phrozen Keep to check on what they have listed for the fileguides.  As such the real answer is ...
Quote:... he could just be a complete bone head.
Heiho,

now come on, after all he is a Webbie, isn't he? What do you expect, should he go around to the Phrozen guys and ask them what
"Necromancer skills: Dim Vision, Iron Maiden, Terror, Life Tap and Attract all work now."
"Stamina shrine now works properly."
"Hephast(sic) the Armorer now looks and functions like a unique monster."
should mean, if he got just that info from the developer guys?

Or should he spend his time with re-repatching the game and actually have a look at this and lots of other effects in 1.09 and 1.10 actually ingame and decide what could perhaps be buggy with Stamina Shrines or some curses, or how some monsters differ in several patches?

I certainly agree that the patchlogs could be of some more precise content, but I just don't think it's the Webbie's task to know every meaning of the huge mpq table entries.
so long ...
librarian

Check out some peanuts or the
Diablo II FAQtoids
current status: re-thinking about HoB
librarian,Oct 25 2003, 05:44 AM Wrote:I certainly agree that the patchlogs could be of some more precise content, but I just don't think it's the Webbie's task to know every meaning of the huge mpq table entries.
No, but what has frequently happened in the past is that he looks at the test files and if he doesn't know what the property is referring to or the field desription is being applied to, he has just made up something without making much of an effort to find out what it really means. Just looking at the fileguides on this page
http://dynamic6.gamespy.com/~phrozenkeep/f...guides-v109.php

would improve many sections of the information greatly. Even with some of the errors that are in those fileguides. If you check the difficultylevels.txt file and its fileguide and then compare that to the October 23 Major Update to the Basics:difficulty section, you can see that about half of that information is either false or very misleading as to what it really means.

No research for presenting the proper information makes for a poor excuse for what is being presented. Oh, by the way, GF used to come to lounge to ask for input on certain points before he would link the pages for main public viewing. So he is aware of where to get some feedback for correct information.
While I have always been amused that Blizz seemed to know less about its own game than the lounge, I don't think that it rests with G.F.

I think the A.S. is a pretty solid information source, especially when you compare it to what we would have had if we were only given a printed manual.

... and G.F. will listen to any errors that you find in the A.S. (esp. if he knows you are a lurker)
Edit: First double post far ages.
whyBish,Oct 25 2003, 07:55 PM Wrote:I think the A.S. is a pretty solid information source, especially when you compare it to what we would have had if we were only given a printed manual.
Agreed - you'd be hard-pressed to find a guide made online, for free, by a game company, that is as good as the Arreat Summit. I think we're expecting too much for them to be as detailed as the code junkies that you find here and at the Keep. It's not realistic for any company to pay someone to create the level of detail that you'd find in, say, Jarulf's Guide.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Bolty, is this the right place to discuss non-beta bugs, or is there going to be a new thread? I did not feel comfortable just starting one, but I think the real 1.10 bugs ought to be in a place of their own. (Not that anyone will ever do anything about them.)

I have a sorceress who is not strong enough to equip her armor without charms. However equipping her armor with the charms shows the armor properly equipped in the game, and the character screen displays the bonuses.

The problem is that she looks naked to other players. Not that she is all that modest, mind you, but she finds this a bit disconcerting. I have tried equipping and unequipping her stuff and moving it around, but when viewed from another computer she is clearly not wearing any clothes.

I have heard of similar bugs before, but in this instance it was *not* the case before the patch. This is something new. Her shield and weapons display fine on the other machine.

Edit: for a sorceress she sure can't spell.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Situation:
Single player Hardcore Nightmare Act 3
Khalim's Eye and Khalim's Brain found pre-patch.
Khalim's Heart and Khalim's Flail found post-patch.

Put in cube and unable to transmute to make full Khalim's Flail to break the compelling orb.

I am going to try and re-find Khalim's Eye and Brain and hope it works.
[Image: ThiefLogo.jpg]

"What cannot kill you, isn't worth fighting." - Anon.
Chameleon, The Lost Thief *Fades away into the darkness*
This thread is going to get very confusing very quickly now that the official 1.10 has been released. I'm going to lock this one. Feel free to start new threads about 1.10 bugs, and do try to add your post to another thread if there's already a similar topic.

I hope that will make it easier to figure out which version is being discussed.

-Griselda
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete