Druidy Wolfy Fury
TheDragoon,Jan 20 2004, 06:01 AM Wrote:I think it's as much a bug as the old Eth gives -125% defense rather than -25% defense.  Blizzard would never intentionally make an affix that is found on VERY few items that allows you to crank up your synergies without spending a single point for the sake of balance.  They're not dumb.  :lol:
eth was obviously a bug. In this case we really don't have any objective clue about the subject.
I do not know about your current attack rating, but I believe it is better to get it from somewhere else. Usually the (nearly-always) mandatory Raven solves this problem, but I got a wolf in hell using Angelic ring and amu :)
Ended putting 9 points in vine, + skills... not had much time to test its effectiveness yet but either way, even if its useless, It feels nice and sexy to have 2 glowing balls of fluff floating around me :)

I Opted for the vine because, well, I hear it repetedly on every forum and every guide.. LIFE LIFE LIFE and more LIFE, STEAL STEAL STEAL and then STEAL some more!!!!

so i thought, something that is like having a cheap rejuve potion at hand all the time (barring mana of course) cant be so bad :)
a55of rot13

539 tbh

Don't think cos i understand... i care
Don't think cos we're talkin... we're friends

*shavenlunatic - Europe
The way I am now with my wolves, I can *feel* when my vine died since all of a sudden I am sometimes taking damage ;)
awww, thats sweet. Do you shed a solitary tear each time it died?
a55of rot13

539 tbh

*shavenlunatic - Europe
since my rope is lev1, if I always shed a tear it died I'd be crying through the game :) For me it is set up beside rage, fury and armaggedon as my main attacks (this is a geddon-wolf, mind you, a path better left unwalked)

with a lev9 vine you'll have a lot less problem :)
I'm quite excited.. i just need some decent armor and about 8 more levels and i'm pretty sure i'll be invincible!!! MUAHAHAHAAHAAAA and theres nothing ANY of you can do to stop me!!!! (xept kill me with better characters, and tactics, and experience, and equipment... but other than that...)

:D
a55of rot13

539 tbh

*shavenlunatic - Europe
while there might be players who will be able to kill you, I do not think Diablo or Baal will have anything that can dent you - IM aside, that is :)
Caaroid,Jan 23 2004, 06:40 PM Wrote:while there might be players who will be able to kill you, I do not think Diablo or Baal will have anything that can dent you - IM aside, that is :)
Yeah.. IM is the bane of my life.. 1 Fury attack and im dead.. (well, transformed back to human but it doesnt take must effort to get rid of 1 life from my poor feeble human..lol)

I still am fairly "Hell Weak" but thats due to half my equipment being a bit crappy (albeit mostly IK) and short of resists. Currently have Corpsemourne armor. but its got no resists worth speaking of, though a nice physical defence. Bah. I hate being poor..lol
a55of rot13

539 tbh

*shavenlunatic - Europe
Quote:I hate being poor..lol

That's a sentiment I can agree with :) After years and years of playing and gaming, I put together a nice enough hoard (one Storm, one stone, one Bul Kathos, Occulus, wizardspike-heaven), and while it is nowhere near the "high-end" equipment people are using, it's still rather painfol to "loose" because of Ladder.

Anyway, I found a Ladder Lenymo and I feel like a king ;)
Cant remember if I gave the outcome, but needless to say the WW is nails, had 5 players in the game and I didnt party up and did Hell Travincial in about 2 minutes the other day and I think i chugged 1 potion through the whole thing.

Thanks to all those who gave advice and cheers for the guides... The WolvDog is an angry b*stard indeed! rah, fear it!
a55of rot13

539 tbh

*shavenlunatic - Europe
I just started a Buriza druid based loosely on a guide I found here. I did one really dumb thing with him. I upgraded my Buriza and dumped the points into str immediately to use it. I'm pretty sure if I had just spent those 40 or so points in dex I would have the same or better damage and much more AR.

I've found that even with the fast attack and massive damage I have trouble with stunners like the yetis and Lister's bunch. Also skeleton archers are really brutal because I can't leech from them, but when I make it to 77 and can wear Dracul I think that will no longer be a problem. My resists aren't very good going into hell and I'm debating on what to do about those. Right now I'm wearing some random magic armor and nats boots, but I think aldurs armor and boots will serve me when I hit the levels to wear them.

My alternate weapon for multiplayer is a Crecent Moon phase blade and mosers. It makes me a better tank and my 5 or 6 frame fury means static goes off all the time.
Step 2: Acquire and train a monkey. This step may take some time.
arrunique,Feb 3 2004, 12:05 PM Wrote:I just started a Buriza druid
Forgive my ignorance, but what's a Buriza druid? :huh:

Edit: Ingnore me, I found out that its a Bow :D

Anyways, I LOVE my Druid Dog.. as he can now Solo Baal (with 0 resistances too!!!) all I really need now is IK Armor with a few resist runes in it and I reckon he'll be indestuctable (plus he'll get the extra few hundred extra damage of the 5th item..heheh)

I'm pondering making a windy druid, are these as Hell viable as the WW druids? (tbh, ive tried a paladin and a conc barb since, and although the Paladin is quite tough, he still is 1, not as tough and not as much of a killing machine as my Dog and 2, not as much FUN to play.. and lets face it, thats why we play...isnt it? :D )
a55of rot13

539 tbh

*shavenlunatic - Europe
Wind druids are fun to play. I wouldn't know if they are as Hell-viable AS wolfs, seeing as how i've never taken a wolf through hell. I myself have a lvl 88 wind druid, and he only really struggels against Fanat-ES-EF Frenzytaurs. That's why you have a merc.

Vital stats:
Equip:
Full aldurs
2x rare rings with 20% res all between them
+3 ele ammy
Hellmouth(gift from freind)
Ancient's pledge Troll nest
11/11/6 anni

Stats(before add/after add)
Strength: 105/193
Dexterity: 20/71
Vitality: 355/411
Energy: 50/100~

Life: 985/1075(no oak)/2564(oak)
Mana: 256/543

Skills (at the moment, no adds/ with adds/ goal(without +))
Elemental tree:
Artic Blast : 1/9/1
Twister : 20/28/20
Cyclone Armor : 16/24/20
Tornado : 20/28/20
Hurricane : 20/28/20

Summoning :
Oak sage: 20/24/20

Merc:
Type : Defiance a2 Norm
Weapon : Amn Viperfolk
Armor : Gladiator's Bane
Helm : Orphan Helm
Life : 4777

My experience with him is good, but hell a1 was kinda hard when i was lvl 77, but that's when you play with freinds.

That was kinda my guide. I'm not trying to persuade you to build this charachter, but i really, really enjoy playing him :D .

- Nantuko_Primus
[Image: KenyaSig.png]

[wcip Wrote:Angel,Jul 2 2004, 11:19 AM]
unrealshadow13,Jul 2 2004, 11:02 AM Wrote:I find that a sorceress serves me better when doing MF runs. I have yet to find a useful niche for werewolves... They are a slow killer (imo) and my old werewolf always got owned in pvp.
Does that mean someone else owns your werewolf? How is that possible? He's on *your* account, isn't he?
Cheers :) I shall take a nosey at building it. I'm not rich, I have aldurs mace and thats all so I'll have to make do with everything else I have. I have a Ravenscroft (i think?) Elemental druid helm but I straded it for a WW one .. In heinsight it wasnt such a good deal on my part, but as I said, I'm poor and I needed the WW boost more than the Elements.

I'd like to know how you fare in Hell act1 now that you're of a higher clvl. I'm sure I see the odd Windy doing Baal runs with me, so you may be ok :)
a55of rot13

539 tbh

*shavenlunatic - Europe
Hell a1 is easier now, alot easier. It is only tough when your tornado damage is around 2k, and that is around lvl 75~76. Here is a general idea of what the progression of tornado's damage is (with regards to guns).

lvl 24-34 = musket
lvl 34-54 = early rifle
lvl 54-64 = AK-47
lvl 64-74 = HALO Assault rifle
lvl 74-84 = Sniper Rifle
lvl 84-99 = Rocket Launcher

You can see the bug jump between the second bracket and the third bracket, because that was when I started dumping more points into tornado.

The only things that begin to worry me are the fanat-es-ef Frenzytaurs and Salamanders now. Gloams are somewhat of a pain to deal with, having to hunt them down. They only become REALLY dangerous if they kill your oak and you have cyclone armor down.

The reason I chose the Aldur's set was it provides me with maxed resists. This charachter needs good resists because to aim tornado, much of the time you are near the monster because of tornado's path.

-Nantuko_Primus
[Image: KenyaSig.png]

[wcip Wrote:Angel,Jul 2 2004, 11:19 AM]
unrealshadow13,Jul 2 2004, 11:02 AM Wrote:I find that a sorceress serves me better when doing MF runs. I have yet to find a useful niche for werewolves... They are a slow killer (imo) and my old werewolf always got owned in pvp.
Does that mean someone else owns your werewolf? How is that possible? He's on *your* account, isn't he?
Quote:In this case we really don't have any objective clue about the subject.
Actually you do. You know that if you actually put even a single point into said skill this trick no longer works. That screams "BUG!" to me. :)
-TheDragoon
TheDragoon,Feb 5 2004, 03:32 PM Wrote:Actually you do.  You know that if you actually put even a single point into said skill this trick no longer works.  That screams "BUG!" to me.  :)
:)

And now think otherwise. Both stacking.

A rabies synergised by lvl 41 poison creeper.

140k rabies?

now I would say that is a bug :)

anyway, still nothing objective ;)
just brain storming.

there is a probability that the higher of them would work, but then fire claws builds will be much more powerful.

this way it is quite balanced, I think, just the synergization could be limited at 20.
So it's stacking? :blink: Wow, that runs contrary to the other reports that I've heard and I think it seals it as a bug. Giving an item charges should not be a free pass to get insane synergies.

Either way, an affix that gives charges of a skill should do just that AND ONLY THAT. I think you must be too blinded by the power this un-advertised effect because I think anyone who looked at it clearly would realize it is a bug.

At any rate, I'm tired of bantering with you over this. If you disagree, that's your prerogative. But I know I'm right on this that skill charges giving synergies is a bug. :)
-TheDragoon
No, it doesn't stack. you got that message wrong.
If it were to stack, I would definitely consider that as a bug.

Also, it doesn't result into any overpowered builds.

'Either way, an affix that gives charges of a skill should do just that AND ONLY THAT'

Normally, yes, I agree. and I think, for synergy skills to work, there should be an addition to the code. That is why I consider that not as a bug but as a feature.

'But I know I'm right on this that skill charges giving synergies is a bug.'

If you have an objective clue about the subject that says that charged items giving synergies is a bug, I would love to listen and learn. :)