Druidy Wolfy Fury
But we need an education, now don't we? :)
well, its all academic because I cant find the IK maul or that Wind thing either.. heh, I have the worst luck in the world and if i went on a thousand MF runs with 2500% MF, id probably end up with the best thing I found being a Normal Rare Dirk or something :D

I do like mauls i have to admit, definately does the business, pretty much owned act5 at clvl 21.. im loving this druid

FYI, i took him up to clvl 45 last night so now hes got the old bonesnap going on

Took the advice of the guise and got me some "Cannot be Frozen" armour too, which really has came in handy, especially in act5 (Spirit shroud incase ya were curious) so im havin heaps of fun

i love my dog
a55of rot13

539 tbh

Don't think cos i understand... i care
Don't think cos we're talkin... we're friends

*shavenlunatic - Europe
It's ok to love your dog

just dont LOVE it :P
TheDragoon,Jan 8 2004, 01:08 AM Wrote:I'm pretty sure that you can drink potions during a Fury.  For the most part, if you play carefully then you won't have trouble dying while in a Fury-lock.  However, the chances go up dramatically if you choose a slower weapon (which is one of the reasons people advocate faster weapons).  :)
Sure thing you can drink potions during fury... it's quite useless thou, unless rejuvenation potions thou, it usually takes a whole row of Super Healing Potions to heal WW druids Life to some moderate level, so the fury-lock is long gone before you even start slightly regain your life orb :D
But it's always handy to keep as many Full Rejuvenation potions in belt as possible, especially for druids with their sick max life, dropping Super Healings is like drinking Minor Healings with regular high lvl chars :blink:
Heh, yeah, i've noticed that already, my oaksage is only level 5 as i opted to max out all my shifting skills first and before i had finished normal I noticed that Super Potions barely touch my sides, I hate full rejuve potions though 'cos I feel that half of it is getting wasted if I dont need any mana, heh.

Took the Dog up to lvl 51 on normal baal runs last night before moving onto nightmare to find that I could run through all the quests with my eyes closed.

FYI at ther moment my stats look as such

WW 20
Lyc 15
Fury 17
Oak Sage 3

Then +1 skills

And stats (approximations)

Str 196
Dex 45
Vit 100
Energy 21

Am currently adding to my stats each clvl as +3str/+2vit. And usng bonesnap which is feeling good. Is it worth me tyring to find a shael rune (as I dont have one) and using my act5 socket to stick one into the old bonesnap? (please try to remember that i have the WORST luck in finding things, things which other people say are very common are never seen my the likes of me.. lol)
a55of rot13

539 tbh

*shavenlunatic - Europe
OK. more advice needed.

Currently at:

Str 270
Dex 50
Energy 21
Vit 130

and

WW 20
Lyc 20
FR 4
Fury 20
Oak Sage 20

+2 All skills
------------

I have 1 Skill Point waiting to be used and I'm at the brink of leveling again. (currently at clvl 77 I think)

I obviously dont have very many skill points left before i get to clvl 85 (which will probably be as far as my character will go) so I want to make sure i spend them wisely.

Advice? Ideas? I thought about elemental armor but would it be worth it? Also pondering getting rabies. HELP :D

Also Curious, any more in strength or stick the rest in vit?
a55of rot13

539 tbh

*shavenlunatic - Europe
I think you have enough Str already. In my opinion you cant manage in Hell without a shield but i'ts a little too late to pump dex. :D Keep pumping Vitality. ~10 points is enough in Feral Rage, and dont bother with Rabies or Cyclone armor, they need alot of skillpoints and synergies to work effectively...
[Image: 1048873792431.jpeg]
And when he gets to Heaven
To Saint Peter he will tell:
One more Soldier reporting Sir -
I've served my time in Hell
Yeah, I thought that Vit might be the best option as I killed myself with 1 hit after being IronMaidened last night..heh

I'm still left with a slack handfull of skill points I'm not sure what to do with. eek

Got a Windhammer last night too, was over the moon as it made me do about 4500 max damage, untill i realised that its erethral. Zod hunting is in order i fear.

Also, got my hands on an IK Maul but it wasnt socketed damnit. Had to use Act5 socket to put one in it but I wanted 2 :(

Lady luck is against me.. lol
a55of rot13

539 tbh

*shavenlunatic - Europe
I'm building one up too. Level 12, his distribution:

Werewolf: 1
Lycanthropy: 2+1
Feral Rage: 1
Poison Creeper: 6
Carrion Vine: 1
Oak Sage: 1

Something like that. Only pumped his str to 35 and vit to 50, but left all other stats untouched. Not gonna pump dex unless absolutely necessary(ie, if I can find a nice, quick polearm)

Is it possible to repair an ethereal item with the cube repair? That might prolong the life of the item till you can get the zod(either that or do a few thousand countess runs till you can cube one :lol: )
shavenlunatic,Jan 13 2004, 04:54 PM Wrote:Also, got my hands on an IK Maul but it wasnt socketed damnit. Had to use Act5 socket to put one in it but I wanted 2 :(

Lady luck is against me.. lol
Unique/Set/Rare items can get only 1 socket. :(

According to TheDragoon's Werewolf guide an IK Maul with a Shael would give you a nice 9/5 frame attack speed.
http://students.washington.edu/akrinke/wer...mpspeed-10.html

You might want to look for the 1.10 version of the IK Maul, it has 2 sockets. 2 Shaels would probably hit a breakpoint, which is nice(someone correct me if im wrong). The faster the better. :) 1.10 Set items also get the new partial set bonuses, The maul has HUGE elemental damage bonuses.
[Image: 1048873792431.jpeg]
And when he gets to Heaven
To Saint Peter he will tell:
One more Soldier reporting Sir -
I've served my time in Hell
yeah, thats what I meant when I said I wanted one with 2 sockets (I just didnt know they were 1.10 specific). I knew the max i could get by adding them was 1. Which pains me.. heheh, but it will do me until I can find a 2 socketed IK maul and stick 2 shaels in it. I'm pondering 1 Shael and then 1 +%Increased Damage Jewel. Ooh, so many choices.

Anyone shed any light on the Cube repair for erethral? (I'll take a look into it but if someone can supply a fast answer I'd appreciate it)
a55of rot13

539 tbh

*shavenlunatic - Europe
less it's a new server side change, the cube repair recipies can't fix etherial
The wind has no destination.
I thought as much, Guess It will just stay in my stash untill I can get my hands on a Zod, but when I do it'll be an angry maul indeed. Double the damage of the IK Maul and fast as lightning. Gets me all horny just thinking about it. :blink:
a55of rot13

539 tbh

*shavenlunatic - Europe
shavenlunatic,Jan 14 2004, 09:45 AM Wrote:Gets me all horny just thinking about it. :blink:
You need living companionship, dude. :P
Hello

About your info on your weapons, I don't really think a one handed weapon is a good idea cause monsters do fantastic damage at Hell. And unless you pour a lot of ur skill points into vitality and oak sage... You wont have that much life... You should try to increase dex and equip a shield with a high blocking chance so that your defense rating is very high....
Gnem Eehc is actually Gnem Eehc.
IK will be significantly faster (80% WIAS vs 60% WIAS is a LOT)
K, but will (not taking into account when I manage to get a 1.10 IK maul and its elemental damage) the 60% vs 80% IAS not be outweighed by the fact that the windhammer does Double Damage?

Surely for now, I expect the windhammer with 60% IAS, double the IK damage and a Zod would be better than an old IK maul with 1 socket with a shael?
a55of rot13

539 tbh

*shavenlunatic - Europe
Your killspeed will be faster with WindHammer unless you're attacking 1 hit KOed monsters.
So, in the long run, for sheer toughness, would I be better with a or b?

a ) Socket the WindHammer and stick a zod in it. Therefore having double damage but 20% less IAS

or

b ) Use a 2 Socketed IK Maul with 2 Shaels, Having Half the damage but an extra 20% IAS?

edit: because typing b ) with no space produces B)
a55of rot13

539 tbh

*shavenlunatic - Europe
Quote:I don't really think a one handed weapon is a good idea

really?

Quote:You should try to increase dex and equip a shield with a high blocking chance so that your defense rating is very high

with a 2 handed weapon? l337

:P
a55of rot13

539 tbh

*shavenlunatic - Europe