Runeword for Amazon merc?
I picked up a triple-socketed Long War Bow that I am thinking about giving to my Amazon merc, who is currently using the Short Battle Bow "Stormstrike". I was just going to drop a perfect Sapphire, Emerald & Topaz into it for her, but then I thought about Runewords. Trouble is there appears to be bugger all decent Runewords for a triple socketed missile weapon. The only one is found was Melody (Shael+Ko+Nef) which provides several decent +skills for Zons, including +3 to Bow & Crossbow skills, and I heard equipping a Zon merc with an item with +3 to Bow & Crossbow skills turns her into a lightning spitting maniac which I'd love to see, but I don't know if this is true or not. Problem is I've tried giving her "Amazon Only" bows before and she can't use them, so I'd hate to drop three runes into this bow only to find she cannot use it.

Does anyone have experience Runewording items for their Zon mercs? I'm still playing 1.09 and am in Act V now. My Zon is still kicking @ss (she should be, she's lvl 38) so I really want to keep her around, plus she helps with crowd control as she frequently freezes the bad guys. "Stormstrike" also has Piercing Attack, and I can often sit back and watch her slow and kill the bad guys before they even get close to us.

Thanks for any advice.
First of all, the act 1 mercs are rouges, not amazons. That is why she can't use amazon-only weapons. A melody bow is not amazon-only, so if she meets the requirements, she can use it. I don't know if +bow and crossbow skills helps rouges or not, but the lightning thing was a bug and has been fixed.

*EDITED: never mind, I get it now :)*
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
Except that the original poster is still playing 1.09, where the nasty lightning hose bug was alive and well.
Ok, my bad. They're Rogues not Amazons ;)
Adeyke, does that mean the +3 to Bow & Crossbow skills bestowed by Melody really will benefit my Rogue Merc?
I have Nef at the moment, but I'm still looking for Shael & Ko. I have a feeling I'll pick up a better triple socketed bow before I get both of those Runes.
Actually, I think it was 3 to all skills, not 3 to Bow and Crossbow that gave the lightning hose. However, the 3 to Bow and Crossbow will increase her skill levels in her Fire/Ice Arrow.
That's rogue, not rouge. Rouge is a sort of make up.

A rogue can wear rouge, but rouge can't wear a rogue. :D

EDIT: Eep, why did the quote not happen?

Quote:First of all, the act 1 mercs are rouges, not amazons. That is why she can't use amazon-only weapons. A melody bow is not amazon-only, so if she meets the requirements, she can use it. I don't know if +bow and crossbow skills helps rouges or not, but the lightning thing was a bug and has been fixed.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Rouge is also "red" in French.