Final Stess Test Download
iyguy,Nov 2 2004, 06:41 AM Wrote:I've been downloading from here.  It worked for me after I signed up for the stress test, but before I got the beta key.  I don't know if it works without a fileplanet account.

Also, there's a few more torrent links here.
[right][snapback]58929[/snapback][/right]
Where did you get that link? It is working for me too ( I have signed up but have not received the second email.
iyguy,Nov 2 2004, 02:41 AM Wrote:I've been downloading from here.  It worked for me after I signed up for the stress test, but before I got the beta key.  I don't know if it works without a fileplanet account.

Seconded Roland's sentiments. See me in game if you can interact with the Closed beta folks and I'll kit out your character. :)
From your replies I gather a lot of you will be staying on you closed beta servers, however for the Lurkers who are just coming into the stress test (and those CB testers who are deciding to move to a stress test server) - which server do you plan on playing on?

Here is the list (link to Graffe's forums)

http://www.graffe.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24134

I've always been so impressed with these forums, and would be love to have the chance to play with some of you guys.
iyguy,Nov 2 2004, 01:41 AM Wrote:I've been downloading from here.  It worked for me after I signed up for the stress test, but before I got the beta key.  I don't know if it works without a fileplanet account.

Thank you!
Caes
iyguy,Nov 2 2004, 06:41 AM Wrote:I've been downloading from here.  It worked for me after I signed up for the stress test, but before I got the beta key.  I don't know if it works without a fileplanet account.

I have yet to receive the second email from the dufuses at FilePlanet. Were it not for this link I would still be chugging along with bittorrent! Thanks much, but I still wonder how you stumbled accross that:)
Thenryb,Nov 2 2004, 11:56 AM Wrote:I have yet to receive the second email from the dufuses at FilePlanet. Were it not for this link I would still be chugging along with bittorrent! [right][snapback]58960[/snapback][/right]

Same here.
Thenryb,Nov 2 2004, 10:56 AM Wrote:I have yet to receive the second email from the dufuses at FilePlanet. Were it not for this link I would still be chugging along with bittorrent! Thanks much, but I still wonder how you stumbled accross that:)
[right][snapback]58960[/snapback][/right]

I got my key today. Check your e-mails. :D

Edit:
Account created! w00t! Now if only the download I had running all day and last night hadn't gotten corrupted. :P I could be playing right now.

Ah well. I still gotta get dressed, vote, and go to work. :P So much to do, so little time.
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Thecla,Nov 2 2004, 02:31 AM Wrote:Also, it looks like people (not me, for sure) who subscribe to FilePlanet (for $59.95 per year) can get the "Final Stress Test" now. What on earth is Bliz doing being a party to nonsense like this? Not good.
[right][snapback]58934[/snapback][/right]

You can sign up for as little as one month - $7.90. You don't have to sign up for the full year. Just click the "Basic" link, and then they'll give you a last-chance page to sign up for only one month for $7.90, as opposed to 3 months / 1 year.
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Yuen,Nov 2 2004, 09:11 AM Wrote:From your replies I gather a lot of you will be staying on you closed beta servers, however for the Lurkers who are just coming into the stress test (and those CB testers who are deciding to move to a stress test server) - which server do you plan on playing on?

Here is the list (link to Graffe's forums)

http://www.graffe.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24134

I've always been so impressed with these forums, and would be love to have the chance to play with some of you guys.
[right][snapback]58949[/snapback][/right]

Test #1. I'm an East Coaster, so I'll stick to server #1 on the East coast.
Roland *The Gunslinger*
You're welcome.

I got the link from here. I don't know how he got it, but I'm assuming that his fileplanet processing went quicker than the rest of us so he just copied the URL from his download session.
iyguy,Nov 2 2004, 03:10 PM Wrote:You're welcome.

I got the link from here.  I don't know how he got it, but I'm assuming that his fileplanet processing went quicker than the rest of us so he just copied the URL from his download session.
[right][snapback]58976[/snapback][/right]

Here's a better link:
http://www.fileplanet.com/download.aspx?f=147141

Choose your server. Enjoy! :D
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Got my key this morning and installed the client (downloaded it from a private torrent, as the Blizzard one was terrible). I'll most likely be on East PvP 4 with friends of mine. If any of you want to meet up, message me on Hocus ingame later today and we'll hook up.
Roland,Nov 2 2004, 01:05 AM Wrote:I love you. I, like you, have signed up for a Fileplanet account, but have not as of yet received my key. Thankfully though, now thanks to you, I don't have to deal with that horrible Blizzard Downloader. :P

Anyone who signed up under Fileplanet, use this link. NO wait in lines, since you're a member, and blazing fast downloads (~93.50 KB/s average download at time of this postin). Beats Blizzard's solution anyday. But, then, when is that news? :P

I've got an average transfer rate of 1.08 Mbps using this link. Undoubtedly, I'd be waiting until retail for the darn thing to download using the Blizzard downloader.

I, however, still do not have my key, even though i signed up for the beta yesterday at 3pm my time. All i have received is my welcome to Fileplanet message. Oh well, it should come soon, and hopefully before i get home from work tonite!!

Wish me luck on being lvl 3 before bedtime! :rolleyes:
I'm back in...the WoW DT's are finally over...

*shudders*
26 hours of downloading, and I am about half done. Blizzard torrent, BitTornado, doesn't matter. 20 kbps would be a good average for me =( Maybe I'll be done by the time the patch comes out. <_<
lemekim,Nov 2 2004, 05:39 PM Wrote:26 hours of downloading, and I am about half done. Blizzard torrent, BitTornado, doesn't matter. 20 kbps would be a good average for me =(&nbsp; Maybe I'll be done by the time the patch comes out.&nbsp; <_<
[right][snapback]58990[/snapback][/right]

About the same here...53% and still about 20 hours to go.

One would think Blizzard would actually listen...nah...can't be...they don't listen to people with perfectly good suggestions... :unsure:
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
I'm in! I finished downloading and the game servers are up -- with basically the same content as before the weekend, as expected. At least, I haven't seen any mentions of anything new, and all my skills and items seem unchanged.

The new cinematic is cool, though.
Lissa,Nov 2 2004, 08:49 PM Wrote:About the same here...53% and still about 20 hours to go.
[right][snapback]58991[/snapback][/right]
10 megs to go!

edit: holy cow the new intro cinematic is awesome. I'll be creating a new character on Test 1, eastern, Alliance.
DeeBye,Nov 2 2004, 08:17 PM Wrote:10 megs to go!
[right][snapback]58994[/snapback][/right]
330 to go here. I did it. I have time on my hands so I broke down and went the $7.90 route on FilePlanet and then used the download link above to grab it. It took a while for the subscription to "take". For a while after signing up, using the link would still take me to the subscribe now page. Waiting a half hour seemed to clear that up and off I go. I'm afraid that I now have an ongoing subscription to FilePlanet though so I'll have to remember to cancel it. I just hope that this game isn't all that some of you are making it out to be. I've never gone the subscription route for gaming before and I would hate to have to start now. :P
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Roland,Nov 2 2004, 11:25 AM Wrote:You can sign up for as little as one month - $7.90. You don't have to sign up for the full year. Just click the "Basic" link, and then they'll give you a last-chance page to sign up for only one month for $7.90, as opposed to 3 months / 1 year.
[right][snapback]58974[/snapback][/right]

Well, it's much more the principle than the amount --- I'm not going to give FilePlanet a nickel to sign up for an "open" stress test, and I'm sorry Bliz is participating in such things.

If they made it open to everyone and people could pay for a faster download if they wanted, that would be a different thing.