Final Stess Test Download
Tal,Nov 1 2004, 10:51 PM Wrote:I signed up for Fileplanet as well and am stuck on the page that says:

"Please wait a few moments while we process your order. "

It just keeps reloading and reloading...

I jus' wanna do a straight dl without the BT crap.
[right][snapback]58895[/snapback][/right]

Link

You're welcome. Took me about an hour to find it. Again: you're welcome. And that goes for anyone else who subscribes to Fileplanet and then tries to get into the beta.

As for that page reloading and reloading - same thing happened here. Wait till it times out, then just close the page. It went through. You still have to actually sign up for the beta, though, so take the link I offered and get in there.

See you in the beta.
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Tal,Nov 2 2004, 02:51 AM Wrote:I signed up for Fileplanet as well and am stuck on the page that says:

"Please wait a few moments while we process your order. "

It just keeps reloading and reloading...

I jus' wanna do a straight dl without the BT crap.
[right][snapback]58895[/snapback][/right]
I got the same thing at first. Finally I went back and found I had not put the correct expiration date for my card. After I made that correction, the "processing" was completed. However, I am still waiting for some key to enable me to direct download the client (what a nondescriptive term). I am also tired of watching Blizzard's version of bittorrent chug along and ruin other internet activities.

It has been about an hour since I subscribed to file planet and was "accepted" into the stress test and I have not yet received the key which will permit me to start the download. It would be funny if those who stuck with the free bittorrent downloaded were actually finished first. (I am still running mine-at about 6 KB/s.) Also, once you shut down the downloader and restart it it does not seem to pick up quite where you left off. For example, I stopped and restarted mine at 9% complete. At restart and after "copying" I was at 7 % and half hour later am at 8%.
I heard that the download link from fileplanet works even if you are not a subscriber. Meaning, once you have the link, it works for anyone - in theory anyway. If that's the case (I am not sure how this works), but if someone was willing and kind enough to share the download link with me either through AIM (screenname: lemekim) or through e-mail (lemekim@yahoo.com), I would be very grateful. I already have a key, but with the current download rate it will be about 3 more days before I am done downloading =(

Much appreciated =)

P.S. The bittorrent link that I posted - right click on that and "Save As..", then open it from BitTornado or w/e client you use.
Roland,Nov 1 2004, 11:01 PM Wrote:Link

You're welcome. Took me about an hour to find it. Again: you're welcome. And that goes for anyone else who subscribes to Fileplanet and then tries to get into the beta.

As for that page reloading and reloading - same thing happened here. Wait till it times out, then just close the page. It went through. You still have to actually sign up for the beta, though, so take the link I offered and get in there.

See you in the beta.
[right][snapback]58902[/snapback][/right]

Hi Roland. I have that link. I've already paid for a subscription to the WoW Stress Test dl. No way I am going to click again on paying for a subscription (the only option after downloading is to choose method of payment and I've already done that.)

I guess I'm waiting for the key I don't need to come so I can then wait for a dl. :)
For the one-week Stress Test, you will not be able to start new chars on the same servers as the Closed Beta testers' servers. So if you get on this week, you have two options:

1) start a new char now to get some game experience, then start another new one when the open beta starts to be on the same servers (Beta 1 and PvP) as the closed beta testers, or

2) start a new char now, and screw them commie beta testers anyway. Make em start all the way over on YOUR server, dammit. :)

Options!

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
lemekim,Nov 2 2004, 03:15 AM Wrote:I heard that the download link from fileplanet works even if you are not a subscriber. Meaning, once you have the link, it works for anyone - in theory anyway. If that's the case (I am not sure how this works), but if someone was willing and kind enough to share the download link with me either through AIM (screenname: lemekim) or through e-mail (lemekim@yahoo.com), I would be very grateful. I already have a key, but with the current download rate it will be about 3 more days before I am done downloading =(

Much appreciated =)

P.S. The bittorrent link that I posted - right click on that and "Save As..", then open it from BitTornado or w/e client you use.
[right][snapback]58906[/snapback][/right]
The link contained in Roland's post got me as far as I have been able to get. It is the point at which you submit your "application"-you then get an "acceptance" together with an explanation that you will receive your "key" via email.
Thenryb,Nov 1 2004, 11:05 PM Wrote:Also, once you shut down the downloader and restart it it does not seem to pick up quite where you left off. For example, I stopped and restarted mine at 9% complete. At restart and after "copying" I was at 7 % and half hour later am at 8%.
[right][snapback]58904[/snapback][/right]

When you share something over bittorrent, you download bits and pieces in little clusters. When you cancel a bittorrent download, the partially downloaded clusters of the file will be deleted because they are of no use to others that are also on the torrent.

After restarting Blizzard's downloader multiple times and even resorting to using the alternate .torrent file with BitTornado, I'm just going to let Blizzard's downloader run overnight and see how things look in the morning. Nothing I've tried will get me a sustained download rate over 20 KB/s.

I downloaded a 1 GB file over bittorrent in less than 4 hours earlier today :(
Tal,Nov 1 2004, 11:25 PM Wrote:Hi Roland. I have that link. I've already paid for a subscription to the WoW Stress Test dl. No way I am going to click again on paying for a subscription (the only option after downloading is to choose method of payment and I've already done that.)

I guess I'm waiting for the key I don't need to come so I can then wait for a dl. :)
[right][snapback]58907[/snapback][/right]

You misunderstand. You HAVE to click on that link and actually SIGN UP for the beta to be included. Signing up for a Fileplanet subscription just enables you to sign up for the Stress Test; it doesn't generate a key for you.

The link I gave is a direct link to the beta test sign-up. No payments, no hassles, no bull#$%& - just drop your information, click submit, and voila! Instant yes or no. I got a yes, since they obviously had slots left. I'd imagine they still do, so hurry up and sign up, or you'll have paid for naught.
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Thenryb,Nov 1 2004, 11:28 PM Wrote:The link contained in Roland's post got me as far as I have been able to get. It is the point at which you submit your "application"-you then get an "acceptance" together with an explanation that you will receive your "key" via email.
[right][snapback]58909[/snapback][/right]

Yep. That's as far as you CAN get right now. Because of the HUGE feedback they've gotten, they've had to stagger the key releases into "groups". No word on how long between each group gets their keys released, but when the group your in gets released, you'll get an e-mail with a key and a link. Until then, you're on the waiting list - which is the page you saw (and the one I quoted from). It doesn't say explicitly that you are waiting, merely that they are releasing the keys in stages. I had to connect the dots (much like I had to struggle for an hour and a half just to find the goddamn beta sign-up page).

And lemekin, I'll gladly post the download link - but no dibs on my key. ;) I've waited too damn long to get into a beta. I'm not going to pass up this chance. ;)
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Bolty,Nov 1 2004, 11:27 PM Wrote:For the one-week Stress Test, you will not be able to start new chars on the same servers as the Closed Beta testers' servers.  So if you get on this week, you have two options:

1) start a new char now to get some game experience, then start another new one when the open beta starts to be on the same servers (Beta 1 and PvP) as the closed beta testers, or

2) start a new char now, and screw them commie beta testers anyway.  Make em start all the way over on YOUR server, dammit.  :)

Options!

-Bolty
[right][snapback]58908[/snapback][/right]

I vote option 2.

Why? It makes the most sense. If I have to start a level 1 just to be on the same server with the level 50+, what good does it do me (or anyone from the Closed Beta) to be 50+ levels apart from them? I won't get to party with them, so they'll have to start new characters just to party with us Stress Testers anyway. Might as well enjoy my gaming to the fullest.

Besides, look at it from a testing point of view - playing for a week, I might hit level 20. If I continue in the Open Beta with the same character, I could conceivably hit 50, thus unlocking high-level content. Starting anew just forces me into testing the same early-game stuff I already tested, and thus doesn't allow me to fully and adequately beta test the game. So, it makes the best amount of sense for me to start my character in the Stress Test, and continue on into the Open Beta.

It's all a moot point, anyway, since the game's gonna be out in 17 days. Or so Blizzard would like to think. :P
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Roland,Nov 1 2004, 11:31 PM Wrote:You misunderstand. You HAVE to click on that link and actually SIGN UP for the beta to be included. Signing up for a Fileplanet subscription just enables you to sign up for the Stress Test; it doesn't generate a key for you.

The link I gave is a direct link to the beta test sign-up. No payments, no hassles, no bull#$%& - just drop your information, click submit, and voila! Instant yes or no. I got a yes, since they obviously had slots left. I'd imagine they still do, so hurry up and sign up, or you'll have paid for naught.
[right][snapback]58911[/snapback][/right]

:blink: This time it took me to the page you were talking about. The first two times I clicked on it I was taken to the subscription hawking page. My apologies Roland.
Tal,Nov 1 2004, 11:48 PM Wrote::blink: This time it took me to the page you were talking about. The first two times I clicked on it I was taken to the subscription hawking page. My apologies Roland.
[right][snapback]58919[/snapback][/right]

Bah, don't apologize. I just didn't want you to give up without at least trying to get into the beta, especially since you already paid! Besides, I did all the hard work of tracking down the godforsaken page (Fileplanet's navigation SUCKS!); I might as well let others bear the fruit of my labors as well! :)

One for all and all for one - such is the way I see the LL community. :)
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Bolty,Nov 1 2004, 08:27 PM Wrote:For the one-week Stress Test, you will not be able to start new chars on the same servers as the Closed Beta testers' servers.  So if you get on this week, you have two options:

2) start a new char now, and screw them commie beta testers anyway.  Make em start all the way over on YOUR server, dammit.  :)

It's a beta. All of these characters are going to be lost in about a month anyway, so who cares? I'll stay on the closed beta servers, because I want to see some of the new high end content and I want to play around with my hunter now that he'll have talents. (Woohoo!) At some point, I want to play a horde character again, but now I'm not sure when I'll have a chance to. At retail perhaps? Dunno.
MongoJerry,Nov 2 2004, 04:47 AM Wrote:It's a beta.  All of these characters are going to be lost in about a month anyway, so who cares?  I'll stay on the closed beta servers, because I want to see some of the new high end content and I want to play around with my hunter now that he'll have talents.  (Woohoo!)  At some point, I want to play a horde character again, but now I'm not sure when I'll have a chance to.  At retail perhaps?  Dunno.
[right][snapback]58924[/snapback][/right]

I still can't believe that the new patch won't come out till a few days later and not with this download; with all the time limits and all.
lemekim,Nov 1 2004, 08:15 PM Wrote:I heard that the download link from fileplanet works even if you are not a subscriber. Meaning, once you have the link, it works for anyone - in theory anyway. If that's the case (I am not sure how this works), but if someone was willing and kind enough to share the download link with me either through AIM (screenname: lemekim) or through e-mail (lemekim@yahoo.com), I would be very grateful. I already have a key, but with the current download rate it will be about 3 more days before I am done downloading =(

I've been downloading from here. It worked for me after I signed up for the stress test, but before I got the beta key. I don't know if it works without a fileplanet account.

Also, there's a few more torrent links here.
iyguy,Nov 2 2004, 01:41 AM Wrote:I've been downloading from here.  It worked for me after I signed up for the stress test, but before I got the beta key.  I don't know if it works without a fileplanet account.

I love you. I, like you, have signed up for a Fileplanet account, but have not as of yet received my key. Thankfully though, now thanks to you, I don't have to deal with that horrible Blizzard Downloader. :P

Anyone who signed up under Fileplanet, use this link. NO wait in lines, since you're a member, and blazing fast downloads (~93.50 KB/s average download at time of this postin). Beats Blizzard's solution anyday. But, then, when is that news? :P

BTW - props to Blizzard for making WoW a total knockout when compared to Guild Wars. WoW is going to blow away the competition, including EQ2. All that needs to be said. :)
Roland *The Gunslinger*
lemekim,Nov 1 2004, 10:44 PM Wrote:I still can't believe that the new patch won't come out till a few days later and not with this download; with all the time limits and all.

It seems strange to me, too. However, I can think of some reasons to do this. They knew that the game server maintenance, stress beta signups, and client downloads were going to be major events with possible (likely) problems of unknown nature that could delay the process. By waiting to issue the new patch until after all of that has been settled down a bit, they wouldn't have to lock down the patch quite as early. So, the development team can have these extra days to QA the patch before sending it out. Anyway, I think they're mostly focusing on the infrustructure end of things on the stress test, so the old client is fine for that. I would then guess that the open beta would have more focus on testing actual game content, and therefore the development team wouldn't mind having an extra week to flesh out some things. It's all hunches and guesswork, but it seems reasonable.
Thenryb,Nov 1 2004, 11:12 AM Wrote:The final stress test appears to be available for download now if you log into the WOW site. It is a nearly 2600 MB download (let us all hear it for DeeBye).
[right][snapback]58807[/snapback][/right]

Also, it looks like people (not me, for sure) who subscribe to FilePlanet (for $59.95 per year) can get the "Final Stress Test" now. What on earth is Bliz doing being a party to nonsense like this? Not good.
Thenryb,Nov 1 2004, 11:40 PM Wrote:That link seems to be broken. At least I am getting an error message when I click on it.
[right][snapback]58863[/snapback][/right]

Use the link that Bolty posted. That worked for me.

Thanks Bolty!

MongoJerry,Nov 2 2004, 07:29 AM Wrote:It seems strange to me, too.  However, I can think of some reasons to do this.  They knew that the game server maintenance, stress beta signups, and client downloads were going to be major events with possible (likely) problems of unknown nature that could delay the process.  By waiting to issue the new patch until after all of that has been settled down a bit, they wouldn't have to lock down the patch quite as early.  So, the development team can have these extra days to QA the patch before sending it out.  Anyway, I think they're mostly focusing on the infrustructure end of things on the stress test, so the old client is fine for that.  I would then guess that the open beta would have more focus on testing actual game content, and therefore the development team wouldn't mind having an extra week to flesh out some things.  It's all hunches and guesswork, but it seems reasonable.
[right][snapback]58933[/snapback][/right]

I want to stick to the Closed Beta servers as well, considering that I've been a casual gamer, especially now that my wife has gotten into playing. I want to see some of the higher level content, and hopefully get my mount. But if I must start a new character, I guess that I'll have to settle down and do it. Then perhaps do a little power leveling (Bolty and Mongo style), so I can at least get off to a good start....