New Mount Info for Taurens
Looks like they lose plainsrunning and get a Kodo.

Source

Picture

I might have to roll a Tauren in retail. ;)
Tal,Nov 4 2004, 06:11 PM Wrote:Looks like they lose plainsrunning and get a Kodo.
[right][snapback]59248[/snapback][/right]

I think that might be an epic mount. It says in the text that Taurens get plainsrunning instead of mounts. Then again, they may just be unclear, or wrong.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Tal,Nov 4 2004, 04:11 PM Wrote:Looks like they lose plainsrunning and get a Kodo.

Source

Picture

I still plan on having a Tauren Shaman, so.... :P
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Bun-Bun,Nov 4 2004, 07: Wrote:I think that might be an epic mount. It says in the text that Taurens get plainsrunning instead of mounts. Then again, they may just be unclear, or wrong.
[right][snapback]59254[/snapback][/right]

I was wondering that myself after reading the page again. :)
Tal,Nov 4 2004, 09:21 PM Wrote:I was wondering that myself after reading the page again. :)
[right][snapback]59272[/snapback][/right]

You were right the first time. This is on the front page of the WoW site.
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/
Quote:New Kodo Mounts! - Helcon on 11/04/04
There is but one creature in all of Kalimdor that possesses the strength and stamina to bear a tauren rider into battle: the majestic kodo beast. Tauren players will lose the plainsrunning ability, but will now be able to ride kodo mounts. Learn more here.

This is likely due the recurring problems that they have had with getting plainsrunning working in a fair manner compared to the mounts of all the other races.
Tal,Nov 4 2004, 07:11 PM Wrote:Looks like they lose plainsrunning and get a Kodo.

Source

Picture

Just one more reason not to side with those Alliance scum :)
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Maybe now some of these tauren will stop killing the kodo matriarchs and bulls and calves that are running around the grasslands. It's awfully sad to see a Tauren killing a kodo beast when we're supposed to have at least some reverence/respect for them.
Intolerant monkey.
Lissa,Nov 4 2004, 07:51 PM Wrote:I still plan on having a Tauren Shaman, so....  :P
[right][snapback]59256[/snapback][/right]

Okie - I'll probably do a warrior or druid. Maybe we can get a LL guild going that is only Taurens. ;)
Treesh,Nov 5 2004, 08:56 AM Wrote:Maybe now some of these tauren will stop killing the kodo matriarchs and bulls and calves that are running around the grasslands.  It's awfully sad to see a Tauren killing a kodo beast when we're supposed to have at least some reverence/respect for them.
[right][snapback]59337[/snapback][/right]

Probably not if they're anything like the morons that were killing the cat lady's cats outside of Stormwind yesterday. :(
Tal,Nov 5 2004, 08:25 AM Wrote:Probably not if they're anything like the morons that were killing the cat lady's cats outside of Stormwind yesterday. :(
[right][snapback]59350[/snapback][/right]
Also considering that one of the tauren NPCs in Bloodhoof (or whatever the name actually is) sells recipes for Kodo meat, there's a good chance people will just kill them for that reason too. Ah well. I still like watching the herds of kodo walk by. :) I wave to them every time I see them. :D
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,Nov 5 2004, 01:33 PM Wrote:Also considering that one of the tauren NPCs in Bloodhoof (or whatever the name actually is) sells recipes for Kodo meat, there's a good chance people will just kill them for that reason too.  Ah well.  I still like watching the herds of kodo walk by. :)  I wave to them every time I see them. :D
[right][snapback]59369[/snapback][/right]

Also there were at least 2 quests requiring the killing of the kodos when I was leveling up Chaku when I started him. In both cases there is a text explanation of why your character should be doing this at times. The kodos may be an important part of the life of the Tauren, but it more like the buffalo to the plains tribes in North America rather than the relationship of the cow to the Hindu faith.
Tal,Nov 5 2004, 08:24 AM Wrote:Okie - I'll probably do a warrior or druid. Maybe we can get a LL guild going that is only Taurens. ;)
[right][snapback]59349[/snapback][/right]
Mighty slim pickins for classes though. ;)
Intolerant monkey.