Your favorite NON-Typical Items....
Quote:Sorry, was that for me? I have still not grown accustomed to Threaded...er, threads, so if I make a mistake with one of my replies, I apologize profusely.

*points above* That's a quote, taken from the post that I'm replying to. I forgot to mention in my previous post that this is ANOTHER useful tool in keeping some level of consistency in the conversation as well. Not as powerful as the Threaded view in my opinion, but useful nonetheless.

No, Fenris... my reply was not towards you. Look at the threaded view and see where my reply falls in:

* Post Number 1
|
|_ * Post Number 2

Post Number 2 is replying to Post Number 1, neh?

* Post Number 1
|
|_ * Post Number 2
| |
| |_ * Post Number 3
|
|_ *Post Number 4

Post Number 3 replies to number 2. Number 2 to Number 1. Number 4 also replies to Number 1.

This isn't Rocket Science, team.
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Nicodemus Phaulkon,Apr 19 2003, 04:19 PM Wrote:This isn't Rocket Science, team.
Actually, it's my understanding that there ARE several rockets involved...

*cough cough*

*groan*

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
And once again you've taken an interesting thread and whipped it completely off topic...
"Once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there
you have been, and there you will
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
There! See? That wasn't so hard to do now, was it? :rolleyes:

To be completely honest, however, you could have quoted from my previous post to put your own comment into some context. But hey! At least you managed not to get it off in the middle of nowhere this time.

Well done. Well done.

Quote: And once again you've taken an interesting thread and whipped it completely off topic...

Perhaps. But your own penchant for shoving replies to people in the ODDEST of places doesn't do much for the flow of the topic either. In fact, I would go so far as to say it merely reinforces the irritation you cause. I chose to address your lack of education HERE... which would be my own example of putting the reply where the reply most applies. It's called teaching by example.

*tips helm*
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Most likely a Cruel Hydra Edge and the orphan's call set.... on a necro. All I need is them gore riders :P I will never forgive Larzuk for putting one socket in the sword.

Nobody expects a necro to run up and bash/tank enemies after normal. Well, mostly.
Plus I like the look. :)
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
6 shael champion axe + knockback + a little external IAS (need at least 25 to hit 4 frame attack) on a werebear.

Occasionally people would notice me pinning some monster to a wall and say "hey, isn't that a MS LEB? Why isn't it sparking?". Except if the LEB was extra fast or had the holy freeze aura, then the comments would be "!#$% why did we all just die?" Because I had unleashed a ridiculous amount of lightning without warning you... Oops... :P
Hey,

Quote:Except if the LEB was extra fast or had the holy freeze aura, then the comments would be "!#$% why did we all just die?" Because I had unleashed a ridiculous amount of lightning without warning you... Oops...
I guess that doesn't really help your position with the other people in the game Olon (no offence).

I guess the weirdest thing I've seen is my friend's pally (FoH guy), who has typical FoH paladin stuff, except for his weapon - Wizardspike. Yup, the unique (elite or exceptional?) dagger thingy. Will wonders never cease?

I guess that's about it.
Black Lightning:
- Hell's thunder
- It'll strike anywhere
- It'll come down any time
- It'll hit ANYTHING...
(Run for the hills!Wink
BlackLightning,Apr 21 2003, 11:43 PM Wrote:Hey,
Quote:Except if the LEB was extra fast or had the holy freeze aura, then the comments would be "!#$% why did we all just die?" Because I had unleashed a ridiculous amount of lightning without warning you... Oops...
I guess that doesn't really help your position with the other people in the game Olon (no offence).
None taken. :D

We're talking softcore here anyway. My intentions were good (pinning LEB /w knockback and 4 frame attack = no sparks and fewer dead carebears). Usually I wouldn't lock onto a LEB until after it had sparked a couple times and people knew it was there, and most of the time I did make the mental effort to check the other modifiers. I make mistakes sometimes, and it is just a game. I like softcore because you can get away with foolhardy stunts like attempting to tank a conviction MS LEB.

The whole exercise was an attempt to re-create the functionality of my CD2 smite paladin, which on the whole was a success (and you even get life and mana leach as a werebear).
Hey,

Man Olon, that must have been hilarious though, all the other people standing around going "Hey, it's not sparking! Hallelujah!" ..... "Ahhhhhhh" So and so was slain by who knows what. Cheers to you for that hillarious gag! :D

I guess I sometimes use a sorceress with a sword on single player, I don't know why though, the idea of a "battlemage" just sounds pretty intriguing. :lol:

That's all....
Black Lightning:
- Hell's thunder
- It'll strike anywhere
- It'll come down any time
- It'll hit ANYTHING...
(Run for the hills!Wink
Well, there's OPM with her sword, who anyone is free to play.

Then there is my P Emerald bow weilding Enchantress(Who also uses inferno I might add)...ahe gets lots of comments. "lol it's an inferno sorc, stoopid noob"

When I can't stand whirlwinding anymore, my sword/sword barb rips Goldstrike Arch off of his Rogue Merc and shoots cows.

I got a ribcracker werebear and a burizawolf also....but they are getting pretty common.
"Once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there
you have been, and there you will
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
Im surprised that noone has mentioned my own fav... Sorc using kuko shako :D With enough fire mastery and charms she actually does quite a bit of dammage, havnt gotten past act 5 nm yet tho. (lvl 46 now)
My old Chain Lighting sorc got some intersting comments about the shaeled twitch she used (don't ask, that char didn't *quite* work)

Another sorc using a Demon machine got some intersting remarks (also a messed up sorc, I gave up on the bow aspect when I realized hydra is better than meteor for a bow/melee sorc)

Proably the most intersting item is my 4-351 lighting damage Dusk Shroud, its moved from a lighting hose merc, to my PvP bowazon for a bit, to that bowsorc, and is currently on my elemental zealot/shockranger pally. Quite a fun armor, I may have to make another one if 1.10 doesn't kill bowsorcs.

Elemental damage on PvP zons, as Kharohz has said is very effective and amusing, my bowazon, while having about half the elemental damage of his zon, has about the same physical as a result of a cruel matri (this way I can hurt the people with 95% resist all as the result of those hacked constricting rings [which I havent heard of for a while, are they gone?]), I have been accused of using every hack there is B) The spirt forge with 1-100 lighting damage +19-8 damage, and 34% ed draws some fun comments, mostly "why did you waste that jewel in a spirtforge n00b?"
I got that all beat!

I have a Barb weilding some Magic Throwing Knives.

The Bonuses on it is...
+2 to Barbarian Skills
+40% IAS

God is it a funny weapon to use.

Laters,
Baal
Blood for the Blood God!
Skulls for the Throne of Khorne!
- Warcry of Khorne's Champions.
i used to have 0 defence cracked gloves, not ethereal, and i customized them. I wish i had a ss of it but that char is long gone. Oh well...
Not me, but I was on a baal run the other day with a barb who had 2 flamebellows. Seeing a lvl 36 inferno comming from a barb, and streching a screen and a half distance, was quite a wonder to watch.
i one give my druid a armor 'of swords' and avery body was like 'how much you want for aldures armor'

as for a wow...

mi loveli blacksmiter barb, that only uses crafted items, all socked wich rubys, looks cools, and the blood axe does nice damage :D
o and my fister get even more comentaris, since it is a lvl 78 barb with no weapon, or shield :P

still does a nice damage, since most of the gear is full of vermilion jewel 's the carnage :P(i dont have a 30 to max damage, but any way T.T was hard to get thoes jewels) and elemental damage charms
i do 1382 damage, thought get kill a lot T.T still people tell me ' barb your weapon is broken'
Barb with wand. Beat that.

He doesn't fight; he's just a mule; but people see him wandering around...

For stuff I actually USE, I have a Patriarch Paladin running around with an Ohm'd Spire of Honor. You do not want him to charge you with it. Even though the Ohm only adds to the base weapon damage, you do not want him to charge you with it. I only wish he was on Ladder. I can only imagine what he could do if he could turn that thing into a War Pike.
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
Got some interesting ideas from reading this thread.

I tend to use standard equipment for each character class while gaming, but all that changes when I'm ready to sit in a channel. I always take my hat off, for one thing, unless my character happens to have some sort of circlet-class headgear. If my gaming armor is ugly, I'll switch to something nicer. My sorceresses and amazons wield giant axes. These weapons are drawn bigger than any other axe, so they really stand out. I get all manner of responses, as you might imagine, from the general b.net populace.

We also have some color-coordinated characters. There is an all-red druid, an all-dark blue druid, an all-light blue druid, an all-blue sorceress and an all-green sorceress. On nights that they're all present it's quite the rainbow effect. Hardcore sorceresses wielding potions, or hardcore barbarians dual-wielding potions, are also good for a laugh.

Anyway, good ideas folks. Wish I was more creative when it comes to gameplay in D2.