Your favorite NON-Typical Items....
Unique monster named "Night Lust" in front of the Chaos Sanctuary.

Pestilent charm of Pestilence :)
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
Using a matriarchal bow has gotten a lot of idle comments from otherwise quiet and skilled players (not just the zons with silly "boob" names wanting your windforce etc.)
Some of the weirdest looks I've received was when using:

Buriza... on a barb.
The Minotaur... on a sorc.
Grim's Burning Dead (and Stormrider) on a sin.

A barb casting Frozen Orb, Poison Nova, Meteors, Firestorm, Chain Lightning, Blaze, Fist of Heavens and either Amp Damage or Weaken, usually several of those at the same time.
A pally specific shield with 4 socks and 25/35 res on it's own filled with 4 perfect diamonds,also very nice all res 101/111. :)
I still want one of those rare (as in bright yellow) storm sheilds
"Once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there
you have been, and there you will
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
Albion,

I once had one, and sort of wish I still did because I would be able to use it on my Warrior. Of gourse, it was only a kite shield...
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
This may belong in a new thread...
The biggest reaction I get is when I trade rushes with someone and when it's my turn I get my Necro with level 28 teeth.
All through normal and nightmare I get constant spams of:
OMG you use teeth!?
OMG what level is that!?
Wow, I thought teeth was useless.

He rushes just as fast as my sorc.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
I have an Eagle Horn, rare exceptional short war bow (whatchacallit?) :P

-Wapptor
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true."
-- James Branch Cabell
Quote: I have an Eagle Horn, rare exceptional short war bow (whatchacallit?) 

-Wapptor

Pretty sure it's a rune bow.
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
Albion Child,Apr 17 2003, 03:23 PM Wrote:
Quote: I have an Eagle Horn, rare exceptional short war bow (whatchacallit?) 

-Wapptor

Pretty sure it's a rune bow.
Pretty sure you're wrong.

Crusader Bow.
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Careful when you make assertions like that, Nicodemus. :) Wapptor was talking about a Rare Bow, named Eagle Horn, not the Unique Eaglehorn that we know and love. Albion Child correctly answered the question of what the name of an exceptional Short War Bow is.
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
...which would be a unique elite long battle bow.

Last week my sorceress found some bright blue, totally useless ethereal trellised armour. But it was so pretty that I kept it. Might be effective if she played PvP.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Everyone loves the singing barb look. Before my classic singer picked up a couple spectral shards, he used 2 magic wands with faster cast and + mana each (anyone who has a dual wizardspike singing barb can just keep their mouths shut).

"barb, are you using a wand?"
"2 of them, actually."
"why????"
"you'll see"
"rofl"

gekko

ps I was surprised how long it took for me to learn to ignore the constant yelling sound a singer makes. Luckily, the coolness of the dual-wand look definately made up for it

pps I really have to remake my singer

ppps I'm starting to get off topic...

[edit] pppps oh, and I forgot one thing. Whirlwinding with 2 wands is at least as fun as shouting.
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
hehe i have a Storm Shield (targe) i didnt even notice the name until i used it half way thru act 1 ...
TwIsTeD

Last time I saw anything like that, . . .
. . . I flushed twice to make sure it couldn't get back.
Pete
My favourite non-typical item would be a 5 sockected superior chu-ko-nu used by my hydra orb sorc, shael, nef , 2 thunder jewels waiting for another thunder jewel. So far only used it once in public , no comments, but some silence when my sorc took out a crossbow to finish off the fire cold inmune oblivion knight boss nobody else was having much success against. :D
41 dwarf priest stormrage Perchard
low lvl undead warlock terenas Slyshadow
Crusader bow= Elite Long Battle Bow

Rune bow = Exceptional Short war bow

EDIT: whoops, hadn't gotten to Fenris's post yet
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
Quote:Wapptor was talking about a Rare Bow, named Eagle Horn, not the Unique Eaglehorn that we know and love.

My mistake. Goes to show you not to post under the influence of sleepyness.

'Pologies.

*tips helm*
Garnered Wisdom --

Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Yes, yes... I caught the gist of the conversation, now. <_<

However, for you:
Quote:Because of the Threaded View feature, it's recommended that you reply to the specific post in a thread that you want to reply to, even if you prefer Linear Viewing mode, so that those using Threaded Views can make better sense of the conversation.
- Lurker Lounge FAQ

Perhaps you haven't realized the benefits of moving between the "Linear" and "Threaded" view that is allowed here. The Linear allows for the loading of every message in a thread, yes... but the Threaded allows you to follow who replied to whom.

The "Reply" and "Quote" buttons accompany every post in existence, even in "Linear" view. Surely you can click on the right one in order to keep the flow of the conversation? :huh:

I fail to see where anyone with a modicum of forum experience can keep screwing up replies and their placement.

Please do try.

*tips helm*
Garnered Wisdom --

@Nicodemus:
Sorry, was that for me? I have still not grown accustomed to Threaded...er, threads, so if I make a mistake with one of my replies, I apologize profusely.
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
If it was for me well here's my disclaimer...

Sometimes I'll be reading along and see something to which I would like to reply to. I then do so without reading the rest of the replies. This is especially true with long threads with many many posts.

Just a somewhat bad habit I guess....... I'm too tired. Here let me hit myself !%#$^%$#^!#$%%!#

There that's better :blink:
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci