Your favorite NON-Typical Items....
Heh, my second Wolf uses a Shocking Balanced Knife (1-445 Lightning) for PIs, because I didn't have enough BStars to go around. :)

I'm still waiting for a Shocking Phase Blade of Quickness, 2 (or 3) sockets, to drop in my lap. :P That would be fun.

Oh, maybe one of you can answer this. I found an ethereal Crystal Sword on my new Huntermentalist, so I thought it would be cool to equip it for channels. Now, it shows up all translucent in the game, but in channel, it just looks like an ordinary Crystal Sword, which is very disappointing. Can any of you explain to me why it doesn't stay ghostly?

Another fun channel trick: equipping Buriza on a Shifting Druid, and exiting the game while Shifted. Examine yourself in the channel. Gogo Buriza-do Shotgun! I can't figure out why it does that, either.
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
the only problem with bows on druids or basically any char w/o ga is that aiming gets 2 be a problem...the lazy ones (me) take ga for granted WAYY too much, i mean waht can be better than watching sports center or the simpsons and anhialate(i definatley cant spell :P ) hell bovines at the same time...
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
I doesn't know Nebuul, whether about that shocking bow or about the jewel in the helm.

It's been a long time, and Im not certain but I believe I bought it from Charsi (the bow that is). Or you could of done it. Who knows. As long as the bow continues to kill those mindless pvp zons. Im happy.

;)
a melee-mancer
or maybe a dagger wielding paladin. That looks odd to me ;)

Oh, and Lightning is way ovverrated! Just because of the high max dmg. I prefer the smoldering weapons. :)
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
:D
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Dagger Sorcies look pretty cool with a bright red weapon (easy to accompish with Enchant). Try a knife throwing Sorceress though. :D They look even better. ;)
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
It's not really uncommon or flashy, but I'm still proud of this nice, personalized shield :)

(with LV23 Holy Shield)
[Image: shield.jpg]
[Image: lukesnewlightsaber.jpg]

An elegant weapon for a more civilized time. For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the dark times, before the Empire.
I like the way how the name blends in with the item. I never persnonalized a socketed item, so I didn't know ;)

Also, I didn't read you had holy shield on at first, so the 89-100 smite damage almost caused me to fall out of my chair :D
"Arcing" is actually a common affix, especially from vendors. I see them all the time when searching for Arch-Angel staves. Also, Artisan's and Mechanic's prefixs produce sockets on items, nothing special here.

Being a D1 nut - all of my D2 characters are classic diablo variants (I mostly go by my own rules, similiar to those in the variant archive), so I enjoy items that remind me of D1. For instance, I will always have my Godly Full Plate Mail of the Whale! Seeing as how most magic affixes were toned down (yes - "of mammoth" in D1 added 61-80 life, and only around 40 in D2), it is suprising that the one I have actually has valid ranges from D1, 196% ED and +93 to life.

My second favorite item has got to be my strange (reinforced) mace of slaughter.

<Off topic>

Why are magical affixes so weak in Diablo 2, especially seeing as how everything else was scaled up, like damage, life, defense rating, etc. Don't even dream of an affix to add to all attributes! And the highest resist all on an item is Chromatic, 35% resist all. In diablo 1, it was emerald at resist all 50%! And there wasn't even a -100% penalty in hell mode. The greatest bonus I have seen to any single attribute is 25. Honestly, for any normal character, magic items are a complete waste of time - they don't even need to be in the game. As for me though, I love em, and the only unique items to touch my skin will be those that came from D1 (which happen to be the elite uniques. Convenient, wouldn't you say? :)

</off topic>

Edit: he he Shadow, I just saw your post. Can you say "Wizardspike"?
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
Hail Langolier,

"Edit: he he Shadow, I just saw your post. Can you say "Wizardspike"?"

You forgot the good old vanilla DII Tweaker Sorceresses, with their standard-issue Spectral Shard :)
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
Goodness you are right! (although I only picked up sorceress very recently). I should really make a list of ALL the uniques in LoD that came from D1. Spectral shard, undead crown, etc. Can't forget those set items like Civerbs Cudgel, and the original set: Naj's puzzler / light plate.
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
I present to you the Death Maiden:

[Image: walky.jpg]

This one usually gets some comments from people who just HAVE to use maphack (or those that always ask to see my bow *g*):

[Image: vidala.jpg]
He works just fine. :)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Bah you're missing the point, of course arcing (ect.) items are quite common. I was just refering towards the use of my bow.

During the time, it was extremely unheard of a PVP only zon to use a Normal class bow to kill ;). Regardless of stats.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do you kill and who do you kill? :)

Whatever the cause, you must have excellent skills. ^_^
She was created towards killing those bastard pvp zon clones you see daily in the bnet servers. (Keep in mind I haven't played in awhile, so she isn't probally up to snuff vs. those new cheat items) You may know what im talking about. The typical lvl 99 burizon's that has vampgaze/shaftstop ect. (Or windforce/eaglehorn, doesn't truely matter I kill them just the same, no lie, ask nebuul for he had his share of fun too.).

I hate them, I hate their unoriginality. So what I did, is attacked their core weaknesses, while having my zon look like a total newb, having no physical resistances % at all. "Most" pvp zons tend to have little to no elemental resistances, but have high physical- resistances.

So obviously I got all the elemental damage that I could get on one characters ^^ (Exception of poison, poison is just lame in pvp, I refuse to use it unless Im using a Bow ASN), I used gear like Spirit forge socketed with lightning jewels, or a crown socketed with various elemental jewels (I don't only use lighting, I have decent prismatic damage), and a normal class bow (composite bow), that was black in appearance, so they would think I had windforce/eaglehorn, and they wouldn't throw on their trusted elemental resistance gear on.

Ok lets do the math (well not really). I ended up doing around 2.1k elemental damage (max damage of course), and I had really fast bow that had 60% IAS to back it up. So imagine if a sorc could shoot TS's at a reallly REALLY fast rate of fire, was guided and could hit from far away, and wasn't only lightning damage ;).

In a Hell game, I made people cry. People have accused me of cheating, because they die so fast. And I giggle the entire time. IF ONLY THEY KNEW, they were slain by a mere normal class weapon.
Oh yea, especialy if they cheated and saw your gear. They'd probaly start crying and never play again :D And good riddance too!
Ya, socketed magicl is Jewelers or Mechanics prefix.
"Once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there
you have been, and there you will
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
Remember when we'd get our stupid characters (you'd get her or another seemingly ineffective character and I'd get my elemental druid) and we'd go to hell games and wipe the floor with everyone. Those were good days . . . good days.

High elemental damage really catches people by surprise when you are a zon, barb, or druid.