Your favorite NON-Typical Items....
Langolier,

In D1 one did not have boots, belts and gloves, hence some things were toned down.
I'm not even going to mention charms. Oh wait.. I have :P

To get back on topic these 4 are my favourite somewhat weird items:

My paladin shield (I needed something with decent smite damage)
[Image: palshield.jpg]

3 items my sword/shield tankazon is using:

[Image: tankring.jpg]

[Image: tankamy.jpg]

[Image: tankboots.jpg]
Well, I have two chars that usually get an odd response. First is my Amazon reject, a Necromancer using Buriza, Razortail and plenty of IAS and AR. Minions, curses and the right merc makes him surprisingly effective.
The main attraction is ofcource my often plugged SpamaZon. Equipped with Goldstrike and Hellmouth, with the sole aim to fry obsolete videocards. The Hellmouth being the weird seemingly nonfunctional part of the equasion.
Just curious, why Buriza AND Razortail? Unless I'm misremembering Buriza already pierces 100%, and Razortail doesn't add anything interesting to the equation. :huh:
Ah, I honestly don't rmember as it's been a while since I was playing that char. Maybe it had nice dex or AR and other useful mods. And ofcource the secondary bow doesn't have pierce.
Nebuul,Mar 31 2003, 01:52 AM Wrote:Remember when we'd get our stupid characters (you'd get her or another seemingly ineffective character and I'd get my elemental druid) and we'd go to hell games and wipe the floor with everyone.  Those were good days . . . good days.

High elemental damage really catches people by surprise when you are a zon, barb, or druid.
Yeah.. very funny. Practically all my characters were those "seemingly ineffective" characters. My Venom Asn w/ lvl 46 venom + lvl 46 mind blast (not to meantion the Shadow master that likes to one-hit kill things), was very fun. But mind blast locking someone while poisoned that heavily is just pure...... Classic.
I had an amusing one today. My Realm Paladin who finished up with Act 5, Normal today was wearing Sander's Gloves and Boots when the Wand dropped . . . Since he was already using Zeal and Holy Shock togther, he became my first amazing wand-wielding Paladin (at least for the time being). :lol: I must say the whipping noise and the purple wand was hysterical to watch initially and the fact that he was outpacing a companion Werewolf just ramped up the entertainmment value emensely! :lol:
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
My polebarb gets laughs on public USEast...
And my ranger wielding a kuko shakaku enjoys killing faster than all the sorcs, zons and barbs in bloody run games, since they all laugh at him at first!

I personally like some of the rarer items from Heaven's breathren set, most people don't even know they exist the first time they see them. I like to keep odd and random items that no one uses as well, so a few of my favorites are:
-Spellsteel
-Veil of Steel just gets wows for its rarity
-Biggins Bonnet, Hotspur, and Rixot's keen, for their low level godliness B)
-Naj's Staff wows people with its 200+ damage
-I also am very fond of a Rhyme Elite Paladin shield I made, happening to find a superior 2 socket elite shield and shael and eth in one cow game :D
-My perfect amn'd lightsabre is a treasure
-And my guaranteed legit fury (runeword) cryptic sword is respected a hell of a lot now that peoples hacks are dissapearing fast

-Wapptor
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true."
-- James Branch Cabell
Not bad WarBlade. Original idea's like that impresses me :)
Quote:-I also am very fond of a Rhyme Elite Paladin shield I made, happening to find a superior 2 socket elite shield and shael and eth in one cow game 

LOL I just made an "Ancients Pledge" from a 3 sock zakarum I think...it had 45% all resists inherent ;) WOOOT 80+ all resists/damage to mana ;)

J
*NERDmanWhippy on Us East
Wapptor,Apr 2 2003, 09:03 PM Wrote:My polebarb gets laughs on public USEast...
Err? why? A Honored Giant Thresher sweeps the floor with most of the other possibilities, and is very very easy to make.

Quote:And my guaranteed legit fury (runeword) cryptic sword is respected a hell of a lot now that peoples hacks are dissapearing fast

Speaking about Runewords, I have a ton of Honored weapons. For some reason whenever I find a 5 socket elite, I have a terrible urge to go find Amn, El, Ith Tir and Sol. :P Same with two socket Barbie and Druid hats.
It's a shame Honor doesn't work on Bows. Would be a cheap and viable alternative.
Oh yeah, I forgot about my first "wow" item ever:

Rare Greaves:
20% Faster Hit Recovery
43% cold
46% fire
42% lightning resist.
+10 life or mana or something liek that.

Not bad, eh?

I think all my items are long since deleted now, though :( Oh well. I'm over it already.
You know, Im thinking of letting bnet eat my accounts, that way for sure i'll start fresh with 1.10 IF it is "good".

Wait! What am I saying! *quickly opens d2, and clicks Ultra-Tank*
When I had my Damage Reduction sorceress, I was wearing a Guardian Angel with a BER rune in it. Apparently there is a maphack program which allows others in game to view your gear and it seems that a LOT of people have it because they constantly found delight in flaming me for wearing a "Guardian Angel" instead of a "Valor" in just about every game I was in. I didn't really mind them thou because I felt my build was fantastic for what I wanted it to be, and I was very satisfyed with 95% resists :P .
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Heh, My next goal Item is a 2 socket Elite pally shield with an inherent enhanced damage.... Im thinkin about making a ryme shield for dueling, and it will have inherent resists, as well as Cannot be froze...I maby can drop off a raven for melee duels for a LL ring ;)

J
*NERDmanWhippy on Us East
Lol, my friend's dim vision//2h sword necro gets a kick in hell cows lol. Everyone is calling him a noob and bugging him about his HUGE lagging dim vision...lol

No wait...his necro is better than mine......(kicks himself) :blink:
To learn how to keep an idiot busy, look down.
To learn how to keep an idiot busy...look up.

Blabbering nonesence,

--::x||[XOblivionX]||x::--

The one of mine that gets the most "wows" in the game is my personalized item.

Sashed_Crack's Cracked Sash.
Rather more "noob"/lols
Of course, for those who I don't show what I am using, my jedi knight's sword, which is purple, gets a lot of Wut sord r u using? :P
Hail Obi2Kenobi,

I think the best I've seen is Russet_Russet's Russet Russet Armor :D LurkerLounge's Cracked Sash was pretty cool too.

Ghostly Ghost always raises a chuckle too, but still ;)
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
Quote:Ghostly Ghost always raises a chuckle too, but still ;)

Monster names are quite strange, sometimes. On the old forum there was a post with screenshots of funny boss names (such as Flame Flame).

I have yet to see a "Fanatic Sucker" ;)
[Image: lukesnewlightsaber.jpg]

An elegant weapon for a more civilized time. For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the dark times, before the Empire.
I once saw a guy named Wind Ripper the Foul.
Let me say, when he died, his explosion was foul. (fire enchanted) He was also extra strong... lol If only I got a screenshot...
I used to call these my nikes with a old school necro(from 2,5 years ago),lost em during my retirement though..

Rare Boots:
Def3
Req lv:18
30% faster run/walk
fire res 32%
lightres 43%
cold res 34%
24% mf