The Lurker Lounge Forums
Your favorite NON-Typical Items.... - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Lurker Games (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Diablo II (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Your favorite NON-Typical Items.... (/thread-11794.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Your favorite NON-Typical Items.... - NERDmanWhippy - 03-19-2003

Im just seeing what makes all you prideful of your characters....Anything that you use (weapon/armor etc) that people always end up asking about for some reason or another.....(Im not talking charms either, cause no one can guess at them ;))...maby a few reasons why you think its Awesome....Again, list the non-typical, crafted, runeword or magical item that everyone loves. maby list a few, and an award for em (its fun to make up awards :))

Ill start out with mine:

Im torn between 3 of my favorite pally items....but I think the shield wins the cake for the "Absurd Award"....Its a recently Zodded 192% Enhanced Def Herald of zak....aside from the skills (yes its pretty much the same as any other HOZ), it has a 720+ base defense....but it really shines with my level 16 Holy shield, where the defense jumps to the 2800+ mark, this alone is reason for me never have to use defiance ever ;)....The SS at the same level Holy shield is only like 800ish defense....so I have to go with the Etheral HOZ as my favorite item ever (wait till 1.10 if it ever comes...this will be great dueling shield)

The other is the "Laugh Award" for my Etheral (again kinda clear looking in cows) 4 LEM Monarch....Everyone loves to see a 200% goldfind shield...It gets the most laughs outta the curious....

Well, this is just my 2 cents on my fav items....

J

Your favorite NON-Typical Items.... - Noodles666 - 03-19-2003

Hehe i have a charachter completely tooled out with lem runes... and also perfect skull ribcracker...

Your favorite NON-Typical Items.... - WarBlade - 03-19-2003

Well I recieved a truely arse-kicking ring yesterday from the Summoner in Nightmare. :huh:

[Image: oneringtorule.jpg]

Your favorite NON-Typical Items.... - Vamp.Goth - 03-19-2003

I do believe something like an unidentified unique archon staff would be the most non-typical, most unusful item that would fit in this catigory.

Your favorite NON-Typical Items.... - Animation - 03-19-2003

All,

Maybe its just me, but shouldnt the item have to be one that doesnt have to be seen in the trade window to make people ask? I mean a Herald of Zakarum with a Zod ... who can tell unless you go showing?

I prefer items that people respond to immediately in the field.

A barbarian with a bow always gets a comment and i dont have to show anyone in my trade window either. :)

A dagger-wielding or spear-wielding paladin always gets comments even tho 3 second of thought tells you the probable build. Javelins also work for this.

A (gold finding) necro wielding Ali Baba always gets a few comments. :) My dream one day is to have a 6-socket crystal sword with 6 lems in it for him. :) That may get comments too, not sure. I'll have to equip a crystal sword on him and see. :)

An amazon with a two-handed melee weapon is always fun too. :)

Lewis

Your favorite NON-Typical Items.... - CrescentWindX - 03-19-2003

A barbarian with a staff.

People make soooo many comments about it, most of them flames. Then they see you in action with your Ribcracker.....

Your favorite NON-Typical Items.... - Kharohz - 03-19-2003

A druid that uses a 1.08 Islestrike.

A PVP zon that uses a magical composite bow to kill. (4xx lighting damage of +max damage, black in appearance)

Yay, I win :P

Your favorite NON-Typical Items.... - FenrisWulf - 03-19-2003

Quote:A barbarian with a bow always gets a comment and i dont have to show anyone in my trade window either. :)
Same thing with a Bow-using Druid (Kuko especially). B) The comment is usually less than tactful, unfortunately.

As mentioned, Ribcracker is also always an eyesore.

EDIT: Oh, yes, people often get a laugh out of my pseudo-PvP Werebear's weapon: a Six-Shael™ Phase Blade. :D Gogo 4 frame attack!

Your favorite NON-Typical Items.... - Elric of Grans - 03-19-2003

Hail NERDmanWhippy,

It has to be my True Amazon: she wields a Boneslayer (Ber'ed, well after she had already completed her Grand Matron quest). I don't think you see too many three-dotted Amazons wandering around V/Hell with a two-handed Exceptional Unique Axe ;)

Your favorite NON-Typical Items.... - NERDmanWhippy - 03-19-2003

Animation,Mar 19 2003, 07:46 PM Wrote:Maybe its just me, but shouldnt the item have to be one that doesnt have to be seen in the trade window to make people ask? I mean a Herald of Zakarum with a Zod ... who can tell unless you go showing?
There are a few that see that its Etheral from the look of it, and thats when the Questions begin to fly ;)......

Your favorite NON-Typical Items.... - Brista - 03-19-2003

I cubed up a warsword bought from a vendor in act3 and dropped 3 ELDs into it

That thing rips through Act 4 Normal - an undead slaying uber weapon

I like things like that where you spot something basic and common that no one else would be impressed by

Your favorite NON-Typical Items.... - Nebuul - 03-20-2003

Didn't I find that bow for you, Kharohz? :)

I liked my cruel blade bow more on my pvp zon, though :)

I think my biggest "wow" item ever was a rare Diadem I crafted:

+2 Paladin Skills
+8% Life Leech
+19% Resist All
+20 Strength
+54 Mana
-5 Damage Reduction

It is such an awesome hat . . but then . . .

Eventually, a friend of mine socketed it with a 40% IAS + 14 Max Damgae jewel he found. It has huge "wow" factor.

Your favorite NON-Typical Items.... - CrescentWindX - 03-20-2003

Nebuul,Mar 20 2003, 01:01 AM Wrote:Eventually, a friend of mine socketed it with a 40% IAS + 14 Max Damgae jewel he found.  It has huge "wow" factor.
40% IAS jewel? Gimme! :P

Dare I say....wow?

Your favorite NON-Typical Items.... - WarBlade - 03-20-2003

. . . or something else entirely.

One wonders how 40% is possible when the only IAS value on jewels is 15%. :huh:

Your favorite NON-Typical Items.... - Noodles666 - 03-20-2003

i get a few flames when i use my windforce barb or my hellslayer using sorc :D

Your favorite NON-Typical Items.... - Nebuul - 03-20-2003

sorry, like I said before, it's been awhile. I was confusing the % from enhanced damage and IAS. it was 15% ias and 14 max damage I suppose. Regardless, it was a nice jewel :) At that point, it was his diadem though 'cause I had given it away :)

(edit) actually, maybe it was 40% enhanced damage + 14 max damage . . . I don't even remember anymore. Kharohz, did you ever see it? What did he put in it! AHHHHH! (/edit)

*sigh*

Your favorite NON-Typical Items.... - Vamp.Goth - 03-20-2003

Nebuul,Mar 20 2003, 07:44 PM Wrote:it was 15% ias and 14 max damage I suppose.
Having 2 suffixes (ias {"of fevor"}, & + max or min damage {of carnage...i think}), is impossible, unless its a rare jewel. But that would still not be possible, sence "of fevor" cannot spawn on rare jewels.

It must have been the 40% ed {ruby} jewel with +14 max. {still a nice jewel}

Your favorite NON-Typical Items.... - FenrisWulf - 03-21-2003

Ah, but max damage (as well as min damage) also shows up in prefix form, Vermillion in this case. So a +15 max, +15% IAS jewel is fully possible.

Your favorite NON-Typical Items.... - Premezilla - 03-21-2003

NERDmanWhippy,Mar 18 2003, 03:18 PM Wrote:Im just seeing what makes all you prideful of your characters....Anything that you use (weapon/armor etc) that people always end up asking about for some reason or another...
Okay, nobody laugh.....

I just made a new barbarian who's around level 22 now, and he uses a shadowfang two-handed sword. Now, I know that this is the lowest unique two-handed sword there is, but the simple fact that it appears green in the actual game makes people stop and ask what I'm using. To me, I couldn't care less if the weapon looks like any other weapon, but if it has a color to it, or if it looks cool (lidless wall, phase blade) then I'll ask about it. But other than that, I just am not interested in normal looking items.

Your favorite NON-Typical Items.... - Refrigerator - 03-21-2003

Well, my amazon found this pretty odd knife in... nightmare act 1 I think. I don't use it, but I keep it to show off, because it's WEIRD. OK, let's see if I remember this correctly...

Arcing throwing knife
Throw Damage: 6 to 13
One-Hand Damage 3 to 4
Quantity: 82
Required Dexterity: 11
Required Level: 50
Dagger Class - Fast Attack Speed
Adds 1 - 340 lightning damage
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)

And also my friend found a magical.... helm I think, and it's ability is that it was socketed. Weird.