What would you think of....
Only a few people know the account pass on west thus we will know who to kill. :)
Actualy once the townportal tome disappered from the Barb I was playing :unsure:

On a side note, LL-Barb is level 32 now and proceeding to "whirl til you hurl" Of course the slow speed of a spear requires more control. Notable finds include the infamous Isenhart's case and the Unique Long Battle Bow. Obviously useless for the barb, but I just kept it just in case someone was bored. :P

The Barb's destiny will be more than whirling. It will be concentrating for more defense, trying to compensate for the lack of a shield and some more shout to add even more defense.

BTW, can we delete the character "IneedaHCchar?" There's no longer a point to the character and it's just taking up space. (You can delete the character you beat normal mode with once you've unlocked HC
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Update on No_Stats on USEast. He has passed away at the ripe old age of lvl 21, due to bad playing on my part. I was in Tal Rasha's tomb and was trying to run through an area I *thought* I had cleared. I got backed into a corner by 15-20 skeletons. Maybe with my store of full rejuvs that I had cubed I could have survived this, but my trusted merc was repeatedly hitting the beetles near by and shooting lightning at me. :(

Thankfully, I think I was the only person to play this character, so I didn't waste anyone else's work.

The good news is that, if I play more carefully, I think this build can get much higher level. At level 21 I had 100 stat points saved. (Obviously, but it was cool to see 100 points at level 21.)

I have restarted No_Stats and currently he is lvl 14. He just finished the sewers in act2. He has no notable finds. The only rares he has are a spear, and hard leather armor. My merc uses the armor since I can't due my low str. I opened one chest and had a rare ring fall out, but someone else snatched it before I could.

Hopefully this character will last longer then his namesake. I should have named him No_stats2, but I didn't think of it at the time.
USWest Hardcore Realms
Accounts: mikedok5, mikedok6
Walkiry,Apr 23 2003, 03:25 PM Wrote:I had nothing better to do, so I took onlyPets to have a few words with Izual. Two more skill points (unallocated) :)

I hate to state the obvious (actually I don't hate it :D), but if hitting is a problem why not get a blessed aim merc?
Ah, thanks! I was not the one who did act IV nightmare, and I did not realize he missed the quest. I did notice that he ended up with a soulstone in inventory, which may mean he has not been to the hellforge either. I won't be playing tonight, so be my guest to smash it! Check for the act three quests too.

There is a reason for him not to have a hireling with blessed aim. Actually, there are two:

1.) My melee sorceres benefits from blessed aim, but I have never played a character with might.

2.) Hazade and the bear have no trouble hitting things. Whether onlyPets can is not the point. Maybe FenrisWulf has some wisdom to impart? Being a hunter was not my idea originally. My own summoning druid uses Dark Clan Crusher with an act I hireling. He can't hit much either.

My preference for development would be to stress dexterity to be able to use a high end bow. I don't think he needs more strength right now. For skills I would max bear, and then max oak. Not sure after that.

One problem I foresee is how to do more elemental damage when it's time for hell? I have never had a druid of any kind in hell. It would be fun to enchant the bear. Are pets enchantable? My paladin has Todesfaelle Flamme as his backup weapon. Would be nice if one dropped for onlyPets. Hazade does significant cold damage thanks to that partizan he got from Thresh Socket, but it does not have life leach.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Don't worry, my only reason for starting up with the Hunter aspect is that I can't stand to simply sit back and allow my minions to do all the work; an Overlord Necro I am not. :) Besides, that's a pretty tough strategy to stick with if you ever hope to have success against the more advanced Act Bosses. But otherwise, I'm sure that being a Pure Summoner would be fine for OnlyPets.

Elemental Damage in Hell is tough for almost all Druids (heh, even the Elementalists, sometimes :D). My Hunter went with Kuko Shakaku and a bunch of Poison/Lightning charms, but I'm not sure that would work too well in an untwinked situation (I personally moved over all the 50/100 poison small charms that my Wolf and my friends found). I don't believe that pets can be Enchanted, but that would be a fun thing to try out. Usually, I would suggest Volcano, but I guess that's not an option--if only his name were OnlyPetsAndBigEruptingThings! ;) However, you can get some decent Shocking Bows, though, which might serve in a pinch.

Sorry for not having played OnlyPets for a while; I've been busy working on my own Huntermentalist, ArchFenris, who is completely untwinked, level 38, and rocking through NM. :)
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
Hmmm, you can also get a bow with elemental damage and 4+ sockets (not sure what the maximum is for a magic bow with the socketing preffix) and put 4 Eths in it. That'd make up for the bug :D
@Walkiry:
lol, good thinking there. One of the few acceptable uses for the Eth rune (the other is, obviously, in Armor, though Perfect Skulls do much better :)).

Unfortunately...the maximum that you can get on any Magic item through the Socket quest is 2 sockets. A Jeweler's Bow could get up to 4 sockets, but then it could only have around 7-120 Lightning Damage (of Storms prefix).
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
A regular bow can get 6 sockets, a Jeweller's 4 and a plain magic one 2. Hmmmmm...

What OP needs is a couple of rare jewels with:

Carmine+Realgar of Burning+Thunder

Good luck finding those? :D

2 Perfect emeralds would give some 200 poison damage.

2 Ort runes 2-100 lightning.

Guess that unless those jewels do show up, a Jeweller's of thunder is the way to go. Start collecting charms ;)
I have a shocking demon crossbow of thunder. If onlyPets finds a Jah rune, I'll let him have the bow!
Quote:BTW, can we delete the character "IneedaHCchar?" There's no longer a point to the character and it's just taking up space. (You can delete the character you beat normal mode with once you've unlocked HC

Sounds fine to me, I made IneedaHCchar for obvious reasons. He is a baby sword barb(lvl 18 IIRC) who was going to be a frenzy barb. Since I try to play HC only, he might as well be deleted.
Bah, LL-Barb has reached Slayer status at level 37 and head tremendous difficulty killing him. (Yes, it was an 8 player game, but everyone was helping me and we got swamped by Lister lag plus more lag fighting Baal) Unforunately, I simply cannot find a spear that can do enough damage to compensate for the lack of attack speed. But there's a War javelin that's wicked fast. (I'm lame so kill me) Plus having a shield makes him a better tank. Plus everything is wicked fast. I'll probaly return to the long spear once I can avoid having my life bar drop to half every half a minute. :)

This is what happens when you don't bother to name a character well , the destiny is unsure. But he won't throw any javelins as this is a spear barb. He'll drive it through their hearts. :P

He has also found a Sol rune. That makes me very happy, as I hope to "Lore" a Barbrian helm.

Twinked Items added to LL Barb:

Beast Saw Chain Gloves (don't remember the exact name)- 3% LL 18 Fire resist, 18 MF
Manald Heal Ring
Rare War Javelin with 30 Ias, mana leech
Ort Rune

Items recieved as gift from other lurkers
Hsarus's Boots and Shield

Yay! Bought a Yari, I can do damage again :D
Tonight I played more of onlyPets, but he had an unfortunate experience: after I had been on for maybe twenty minutes, the connection dropped. I could get back in the game with another character, but I had a password error every time I tried to log into llngeacct. I don't suppose anyone changed the password?
Nope I just logged in, the password is still the same. I believe you may have been tagged. Wait 20 minutes or so.
Archon_Wing,Apr 25 2003, 02:18 AM Wrote:Nope I just logged in, the password is still the same. I believe you may have been tagged. Wait 20 minutes or so.
I've waited hours, I still can't get into llngeacct on east. There's no excuse for battle.net doing that -- what a pain.

After I gave up on my game with onlyPets, I had one of my heroes die shamefully in pain. Then I got Poison_Creeper the pain waypoint. Poison_Creeper is now 37. Finds of his tonight included Death's Touch, Dusk Deep, and Stealth. I got him to the second hit recovery breakpoint.

I can't say I'm feeling so happy, as I lost several weeks of work with my sorceress. The game seemed to stop responding so I hit <alt>F4. I had a second character in the same game on another computer, and his screen did not show any messages, so I thought I might be OK. I restarted DII on the sorceress' computer and saw indeed that she was dead. It was only after that that the other character's screen displayed the message that the worst had happened. I wonder if Isolde ever really reduced the server timeout?
I played OPM the other night. A regular monster in act five dropped a 3 socketed crystal sword, and I found that she had an Ith and an Eth. All she needed was an El to be able to make Malice! I had to do two Countess runs before I found one, but I think it was MORE than worth it. However, it has -5 life generation thing, so we`re going to have to find something to compensate for it. It`s going to be awesome for bosses.

Doh, I just remembered, it has an Eth in it. Does that make it unusable?

I also found a rare small shield, with some okay resistances on it.
I also gained a level in the Bloody Foothills.

Well, that`s all...
A plague of exploding high-fives.
Umm, eth is "bugged" that it ignores target defense instead of subtracting defense. I would noramally disagree with putting an eth in a weapon just because you can or dueling with an Eth weapon, but this is part of a runeword, so I find that to be ok as you're not malicously doing it. -_-

Many people have their diffreing opinions.

Use your own discretion.

Edit: Actualy try finding another weapon, malice isn't really that hot anyways, go for honor :P
If you have a 3 socet weapon, why not make king's grace instead?
"Once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there
you have been, and there you will
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
Quote:Finds of his tonight included Death's Touch, Dusk Deep, and Stealth.

I was going to make that stealth eventually, never got around to it. Also, duskdeep is the only unique that Poison_Creeper has found so far, you must have good luck with him(more likely I just have horrible luck :)).

Poison_Creeper is now Destoyer Poison_Creeper, having killed Baal using only poison creeper(+ some arrows from Isolde).

It's too easy to stay out of range of Baal, I just kept him on the edge of the screen, and cast poison creeper at him. Every time the poison wore off, I just recasted a creeper on top of him. It was not very fast, but quite sure and safe. Isolde even lived through the fight :)

He is lvl 38 now IIRC.
I can't get into the USEast account. I get a password error when I try. I hope that someone changed the password, but I think that's it more likely that someone stole the account.

I will be starting a new 'No_Stats' character on USWest. If we can get back into the East account, I'll delete the West char.
USWest Hardcore Realms
Accounts: mikedok5, mikedok6
Gah! I signed onto the West account to play me LL-Piege once again and started using my supposed level 1 Wake of Fire. The person I was playing with asked what level Wake of Fire and I replied 1. But it was dropping the monsters at an oddly fast pace. When I reached level 18 I went to go put my preq point in Fade. And my ~10 saved up points were all over the place! Blast it. Have to start LL-Piege -again-.
Yes, the password has defininatly been changed. :( *Yells at hijacker: :angry:. I think that we should follow West's example. I'm making llngeaccnt2. PM me for the password.
A plague of exploding high-fives.