What would you think of....
I started a naked mage, a Sorceress. She proudly punched quill rats for her first level up, and then the zombies feared her Charged Bolts. I think she should be a triple tree Sorceress, with Firewall, Ice Orb, and Charged Bolt.

With Ice Orb only needing 1 point in Cold Mastery, this is almost possible. :)

I only did the Den of Evil and got the Cold Plains Way Point, but MAN, it is hilarious to watch the Sorceress box the crap out of a zombie!
A plague of exploding high-fives.
Another Sol Rune! If I can get my hands on a war fork and have Larzuk give me 5 sockets, I can make honor! The War fork has low damage, but it's base speed is -20 so that wouls allow me to break the first ww breakpoint, if I'm correct. :)

I also found a rare pally shield called stormshield. It had 20% increased block, 30% faster block, 48 resist all, and 30 more fire resist. o_0 It was decent enough to keep so I ran out of space and started dumping things on the Refrigator character. Sorry, but the name just convinced me to but stuff there. :)
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Archon_Wing,Apr 25 2003, 02:18 AM Wrote:Nope I just logged in, the password is still the same. I believe you may have been tagged. Wait 20 minutes or so.
Can you still get in to llngeacct on east? Several of us can't.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Well it appears that Posion_Creeper has met his match... I was killing Baal again(doing a few exp runs before NM), and Baal had only a sliver of life left, and was on the far side of the screen. My life was about half, but I knew Baal would die soon. I got a little overconfident I guess... Next thing I know, Baal creates a double directly on top of me, which immediately melee attacks me for over 200 hp(killing me).

As soon as the double appeared, I did mash down onmy belt slots(rejuvs), and I heard the drinking noise. Too little too late though I guess, I still died. :(

Well I wonder what's gonna be next :) Maybe I'll take a break for a few days though...
EDIT: oops, double post...
Ive been unable to get on the east account. did someone change the password? if yes who do i have to message to get it? if not who could i message to play on the west one? i really dont have an accoun of my own (well i do but no chars...) and it would be nice to play half way made chars. :)
TwIsTeD

Last time I saw anything like that, . . .
. . . I flushed twice to make sure it couldn't get back.
Pete
Sorry to hear about poison creeper. :(

Update on the 3rd No-Stats character (now on USWest):
He is level 22 in act2 and has the staff. I think he should level some more before trying Duriel. Notable finds: cathan's armor and hsaru's boots. He can't use either of these items due to there str req. Currently, his merc is using cathan's armor and he's keeping the boots in his stash. Hopefully, soon he will get the +str items to use these set items. Right now, with items he has 20 str. With 4 more str he can use the armor, and with 10 more str he can use the boots. Maybe he'll get lucky and find cathan's ring and/or hsaru's belt. Either of those items would be very nice.

Just in case anyone else wants to play him, I'll re-state the character concept.

The plan is for him to never put any points in any stats. He will be a melee werebear. I know a summoner would be easier, and that's why I didn't build one.

I plan on playing some more tonight, I'll edit this post if I do.

Edit: No-Stats is now level 26. He just finished act3. Since finding Raven Claw he has kind of acted like a ranger. I know this is cheating on the character concept, but at the moment he seems to deal damage faster with the bow. As soon as he can find a decent weapon, he'll switch back. Other notable finds: razortine (str 34, he doesn't have 34 str), sigon's gauntlets (60 str).
USWest Hardcore Realms
Accounts: mikedok5, mikedok6
Quote:Ive been unable to get on the east account. did someone change the password? if yes who do i have to message to get it?
The USEast account has apparently been stolen :(... Sheep has created a new one, llngeaccnt2. PM him for the password.

Anyone else know the password to llngeaccnt2? If you do PM me. Sheep isn't on right now and I fee like starting a new barbarian.

-ghost
USEast *ghost-70
A good idea for No-Stats is to rely heavily on Shockwave (of course) and use a Staff for melee. They have good speed on a Werebear and could get some good damage via crafts, and such. LL-Piege found a Cathan's Ring, and you're allowed to nab it from her.
Quote: A good idea for No-Stats is to rely heavily on Shockwave (of course) and use a Staff for melee. They have good speed on a Werebear and could get some good damage via crafts, and such

Yeah, ribcracker would be his ultimate weapon I would think. Although that would be quite a lucky find... If he can get his str to 30, the horadric staff would probably be good as well for normal. And I would think that shockwave is the *only* way he can survive past normal, but it may allow him to make it up to hell. Once in hell though, a fluke will likely kill him if he makes it that far.

An interesting build, but only if played non twink..
I do plan on investing in shockwave, and I have though of using staves. The last no_stats character had a staff with 47-75 fire damage, but alas he never got to use it. The staff was level 26, and the account was gone while he was still level 25. Currently, he is using a rare spear with 22 max damage socketed with a normal emerald (42 poison damge I think). I used the emerald because it was the biggest gem I had at the time. (got it from andariel).

Thanks for the offer of the ring, but I'm not going to use it. I would like to take this character as far as possible without twinking. If I twinked this character giving it, for instance, the rib_cracker that Baajikiil mentioned I think it would become too easy. He will have to rely on good finds. Due to this, I plan on saving any MF gear he finds and maybe doing some MF runs. I know most Lurkers don't like MF runs, but this character is going to be so equipment dependent that I think it's going to be needed.

I haven't deceided which merc will be best. I've narrowed it down to act2 mercs, but I'm not sure which one. The choices are blessed aim, holy freeze, and might. I am leaning towards might. At the moment he is using a prayer merc. Hopefully as I play him more I will learn what merc will best help him.

I hope that he can make it though NM, but I think Baajikiil is correct in thinking that he won't make it in Hell. Even NM will be difficult unless I find a very good weapon.
USWest Hardcore Realms
Well, I've been playing Ll-Barb a lot and joined numerous act 5 nm games to level. He has reached level 59 and in Nightmare act 5. I am now very tired. Thankfully he is softcore, as my reckless playing (esp. trying to take diablo so early) proved fatal. My merc could tell you even more.

Well, Ashera was nice and sold a sweet Feriocous War Fork. I went ahead and put a shael in it. Yes the damage isn't spectacular (45-109) but the weapon speed is very fast and does well in multiplayer games.

Other intresting finds include a 25% enhanced damage jewel which was socketed into an armor. Also,a lore was made out a +2 Battle orders helm.

Stat points (after items):
Str- 149
Dex-111
Vit- 136
Ene- 20

Skill points: (Oh boy, some of you are gonna kill me. I tend to dump skill pts when I hear the level up sound. Saving skill points is beyond me. :)

Spear Mast- 15
Natural Resistance- 3
Increased Speed- 1
Concentrate-10
Whirlwind- 7
Battle Orders- 12
Shout-7
Berserk- 1
Prequisties...

Other thoughts...Larzuk is evil.
[Image: Screenshot009.jpg]
Just started a new barbarian on llngeacct2 USEast named LeapNZerk. Basically, he will be using leap attack and berserk :o. Got the idea from Amazon Basin, seems like a fun character to try. He's level seven now and has just finished rescuing Cain. Haven't spent too many skill points yet, used one is leap, howl, bash and sword mastery. I think swords would be the all around best weapon for this guy, they would allow him to use a sheild when berserking (since defense is negated) or go two handed for massive berserk/Leap attack damage, also a good sword is pretty easy to come by using the three chips recipe.

Anyway, things are going well so far. He's found 5 rares already, although none were particularly usefull <_<, but hopefully this trend will continue :D.
USEast *ghost-70
Update for No-Stats USWest:

No-Stats is level 30, and has just finished act4. To fight Diablo he used a special set of eq for resists.

44% LR staff + 35% LR circlet = 75% LR
20% FR ammy + 30% FR gloves + 28% FR charm = 75% FR

With these resists Diablo wasn't too tough. The only problem was that I couldn't seem to hit him. My staff was ITD, but it still didn't help. (I've heard ITD doesn't help vs bosses.) My merc really killed him, while I just tanked.

His regular equipment is:

+8 str, +8 dex cap
cathan's armor
cathan's ring
+2 str, 70AR ring
sigon's belt
sigon's gloves
razortine
20% FR ammy
22% MF boots
and a lot of charms (+10 str and others)

A quick read of this list makes you wonder why he is using razortine. Razortine has +15 str on it. Without that str, he has only 45 str. With only 45 str, razortine is an ok weapon and the +15 gives the str bonus needed to use sigon's stuff.

He still has many problems. He has no AR and no resists. (He did have that ITD staff, but it was ethereal.) Also, his merc does much more damage then him, so it seems like he's just fighting to take the heat off the merc. I guess that's ok, but I'd rather it be the other way around. When he finally gets enough perfs maybe he can make some stat boosting armor and equip a better weapon.
USWest Hardcore Realms
Quote:Yeah, ribcracker would be his ultimate weapon I would think. Although that would be quite a lucky find...

Yeah, I use a ribcracker on my twinked/rushed werebear....and it rocks! It is probably the fastest werebear weapon I have ever seen/used. It isn't a "perfect" ribcracker but it's a lot of fun. But with a mid level shockwave (stun length around 7 seconds) and some other good to mid level items (rockstopper/courpsemourn/bladebuckle/manald rings/rare ammy/and Sanders stuff) he rips through anything at clvl 65. (Note....crappy resists make the chaos sanctuary hard....but high life means it isn't impossible)

Anyway, I've never played a bear like this, but here is advice I can offer.

1.) High life always helps, but most of the time Stun prevents you from being hit. (please note on how the bear fares against LEBs...I am curious). Therefore, this could definitely be a hell viable build... if you are lucky.

2.) number 1 could be flawed because my werebear has quite high defense which also prevents him from being hit often.

3.) Shockwave has uses the go beyond allowing you to stun monsters and beat the crap out of them. It is also a very good way to "park" monsters which you feel will be too difficult to kill.

Maybe I'll play this guy someday. But for the most part, I've had my fun. Besides I have a new project...My only PvP character (a barb) recently corpse popped and lost most of his stuff. (I had a honor colossus blade on my weapon switch that I didn't have enough str to wear.) Anyway, I'm continuing my Assn and trying t go PvP with her(her originall plan wasn't PvP oriented). I'll check out all of the accounts every now and then.....
"Once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there
you have been, and there you will
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
Quote:1.) High life always helps, but most of the time Stun prevents you from being hit. (please note on how the bear fares against LEBs...I am curious). Therefore, this could definitely be a hell viable build... if you are lucky.

The high life is why I picked druid for this no stats build. With no points in vit, 20 in oak sage, and about 8 in lycanthropy he has about 500hp. LEB's currently are a problem. His regular gear has almost no lightning resist (for now), so he doesn't fight them. He lets his merc kill them. Once he finds better equip I'll let you know how it goes. I hope to find a decent one handed weapon and a 3D shield for his weapon switch. He'll use it use when I think that resistances will be needed. I know one handed stinks for werebear, but in hardcore you can't be too careful.

Quote:2.) number 1 could be flawed because my werebear has quite high defense which also prevents him from being hit often.

Considering that I will have low strength, equiping items with high defense will be difficult. I assume this character will end up with a very low defense rating.

Quote:3.) Shockwave has uses the go beyond allowing you to stun monsters and beat the crap out of them. It is also a very good way to "park" monsters which you feel will be too difficult to kill.

I certainly plan to invest in shockwave. I've played a werebear who mainly relies on summons for doing damage, shockwave was invaluable to him. It's a great skill that I think is under-valued by most of the B-net community. He is lvl 30 right now, and just put the first point in shockwave.
USWest Hardcore Realms
USWest No_Stats update:

No-Stats has reached level 34 and beaten Baal. :D
He skipped the soldiers quest because he doesn't need Ral, Ort, Tal right now. He will go back for them if/when he needs them. He also skipped the Nihlathak quest. I always skip that one in hardcore, it's too scary for me.

The ancients were very easy. No-Stats only used one rejuv the whole fight (but a bunch of healing potions). He fought them at level 32, and got level 34 by completing the quest. His merc didn't even die.

Lister was very difficult. No-Stats pulled the minions one by one and slowly killed them. During this process his merc died several times. Once alone Lister wasn't too bad, but even one minion and Lister was too much.

Next was Baal. I had planned on getting some more levels before fighting Baal, but considering No-Stat's low damage and my impatience, killing in multi-player games is very difficult and gaining experience in single player takes too long. No-Stats gave up on xp and went to Baal despite his low level. Baal was very difficult as well, but No-Stats was able to slowly whittle down his hp between many trips back to town. I think his merc died 3 times. Baal dropped all magic items, none of which were useful. The most useless item was an ammy with +7 min damage. I name that one the most useless because it has a level req of 51 to use. No-Stats is level 34.

If not now, definitely after act1 NM No-Stats will go back to act5 normal to level. The only reason I'm even thinking of act1 NM is so I can get a might merc in act2. I think No-Stats should be in the 50's before he tries NM for real.

Edit: I meant to mention this, but I forgot. No-Stats does party while working through an act, but has always faced the bosses (and the ancients) by himself.

Also, No-Stats met his first PK today. While in the Frozen River a Lvl 22 assassin joined his party and entered his portal to the river. Then went back to town and hostiled me. I immediately made a new tp and went to town. The PK didn't realize this for some time. I eventually told the PK that I was a No-Stat character and didn't think that I would be very good in a duel. The PK called me a liar and stated that I couldn't have saved all my stat points because I was using sigon's gloves. I assume he used a hack to see my items. I explained to the PK that items can add to stats. At this point an amazon that I had also been partied with told me to non-hostile the assassin and use her tp to get the world stone wp. I told the amazon that I thought this was a bad idea. The amazon said, but it's for the wp. I said, "so???". The amazon said, "well f*k you, I was just trying to give you a wp." I assume the amazon was working with the assassin. I hate it when PKs think I'm stupid. Naturally, I taunted them both until they left the game.
USWest Hardcore Realms
Errr... we have too many darn mules on the west account, I'll go make llngeacct2 if no one bothers. :P
P.S. Concentrate is great, I can deal with those annyoing Yetis and Urdars with ease.
Man this thread has gone dead... Anything exciting going on on the accounts? My parents took D2 off of my comp because all of my siblings fight over it so I have not been on in a bit... I'm dieing here!!! Was just wondering because i was enjoing hearing about the different characters builds... Also i would like to get in on the USEast acct if someone could please PM me when they got a chance... Thanks.

Swiftslayer2
Well, I've been playing Sorceress-NM (Naked Mage) and it's been fun. I'm up to the outer cloister, level 14. I've done all the quests in act 1 except for Andy.

A funny event was when a Paladin asked me to duel. I didn't see why not so we fought, and to my surprise, it was quite close. Apparently getting hit by 12 charged bolts, repeatedly, is not a pleasant experience. Go figure. :D

It turns out the Paladin used potions and stole my gold! I said: "Blah blah yakkity yak...no honor...etc." To this he replied that he gave honor where it is due. :o NOW he's done it! I exclaim: "Is no honor then due to a naked mage of the Visjeri!" Ya know, the clan that the sorceress is from. Anyways, he then got really embarrassed and started dropping gold all over, appologising, saying he didn't know I was naked, to please forgive him. :)

A pointless tale, but I thought it was funny. B)
A plague of exploding high-fives.