1.10 Screenie thread
kier,Jun 17 2003, 01:02 PM Wrote:Edit- just had another look at the new jah jah jah ruby recipe. I wasn't interested in the runes/gem however, i was interested in the kit the barbarian was using. The weapons are the Bul Kathos weapons, the helm is probably veil of steel, the amus/rings could be anything. The belt is probably magical, but could be a new uni, but the armour caught my eye. Toothrow sharktooth armour isn't gold, and allthough the armour could be just magical, it could be a sneaky peak at a new armour.
GFrazier commented on one of the threads at bnet that the equipment on the character in that screenshot was just some store bought junk. He wanted to see how much the viewers were going to speculate about it.
waaaaaaaaaaaaa, that's soooo unfair ^^. Allthough he didn't buy the weapons. Did he say all of it was store bought junk? Maybe he was trying to cover it up a bit? ah well, I'll just dream its the next godly armour.
What is this life if, full of care
We have no time to stand and stare.

No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.

No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.

No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.

A poor life this if, full of care,
Best possible (250%ed) Steeldriver Elite would be:

Damage: 115.5 - 630 (372.75 avg)
150% Damage To Undead
40% Increased Attack Speed
Requirements -50%
Heal Stamina plus 25%

requires lvl 33 (?)
requires str 127 (!)

Best possible (300%ed) Bonesnap Elite would be:

Damage: 308 - 424 (366 avg)
50-200% Damage To Undead(varies)
40% chance of Crushing Blow
Cold Resist +30%
Fire Resist +30%

requires lvl 51
requires str 225

Seems like Steeldriver could be a nice druid weapon with its 40% ias and low requirements.
This was thoroughly discussed in this thread.
Then again, Grandfather still beats Bonesnap. I don't know which recipes you mean, but 665-915 dam seems a bit odd to me.

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
If you'll note the stats of the elite azurewrath, its damage capabilities have been elevated well beyond its original formulation (100%-244%). My damage calculations were mere speculation, however, if bonesnap was to receive an identical PROPORTIONAL (not numerical) boost (as far as I can tell, uniques do not rely on any set prefixes or suffixes, so this seems entirely possible), it would arrive at a final damage rate of 665-915.

In the end, we'll just have to wait and see exactly how these formulae work Azurewrath is probably just a special case, and I'm probably just an idiot with some cockamamie dream of an uberdestructive Bonesnap with that cool graphic :)
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
The old azurewrath is being replaced with a new one that is a Phase Blade, not a Crystal Sword, and has different/better mods. All the other uniques are still the same. Old Bonesnap = new Bonesnap. All you can do is upgrade the base item from normal up to as much as elite, so that'll change the damage, but not the mods on the Bonesnap.

Azurewrath is very much a special case.

- Dagni
The problem is, can you update items from old patches? because if you can't, they may downgrade some of the better unis, such as bonesnap, meaning this new recipe will not make super godly items, just items that are better than set/magic/rare items.

Oh, and has anyone thought of the atlantean? a mythical version would be very fine indeed :rolleyes:

Did they say this was "ladder character only" ? If not, I don't see how they could restrict .09 uniques... unless they have something new up their sleeve =P.
I suggest you all read the chat that took place. Some news is good for all, some news is bad for all, and some is good and bad :P

what do you all think?

http://www.blizzard.com/diablo2exp/chat/030619.shtml

Couldnt post as hyperlink as I kept getting an error :blink:

Admittedly it's a PR event but I don't think I saw anything in the Chat that I didn't like
Not even the mf having no effect on the drops from bosses and some unis after the first kill?

Having those low level skills is pretty odd. Oh well, make the nec even more funner than he allready is.

I've a feeling that all the class sets are going to have scary bonuses like this. We have allready seen an eth ass, and now a vampire. What next?

Yikes. Easy on the esoteric jargon, preacher. It took me a minute to figure out the reason why I never saw a donkey with an Eth rune socketed into it featured in the game. "Eth ass" is too ambiguous to be called a coherent piece of conversation. "Ethereal assassin" would suffice, laddie.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Quote:The most obvious clue is the listing of Damage and Fire Damage up top. Why have two damage entries unless the skills are doing two types of damage.

Given that splash damage does exist for Fireball, albeit it is kinda lame, maybe the "Damage" and "Fire Damage" show the damage and splash damage. I realize I may be reaching here, but it is a possibility.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Blizzard actually mentioned the Elemental tree adds Physical Damage to some skills after I posted that. :D :P :D
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Just a matter of reading the right piece of info, thankee Sai!
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete