1.10 Screenie thread
Couldn't it be

scoooby doooby doooooooooo :P
What is this life if, full of care
We have no time to stand and stare.

No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.

No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.

No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.

A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.
When you increase the gamma level to I forgot how much, the level has a lot of cracks in it off to the right.
Hail WarBlade,

This is not only meant to push your nice screenie thread, but also to clear up the facts around the Bone Spear in one of the assassin shots.
Arreat Summit says that serpent magi in the worldstone keep now fire off Bone Spears.

VERY interesting. Maybe some other newly deplaced monsters do something similar? How about a bunch of spiders who have different warcries to boost their defence for example, or weaken an enemy? Resituated Zhakarum Priest casting Frozen Orb at times would be challenging, too.

Just some thoughts.

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
Interesting little problem noticed by adeyke over at the AB forums and me, approximately at the same time: the +min damage on the Deathspade Axe/Cleaver/Small Crescent is taken into effect before the +% ED. Which is crazy. Just in case you guys wanted to know.
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
Hm, any possible way to exploit that?
[Image: ignatzsig.gif]
Er, well, I don't know about exploiting it, but you could obviously use it to your advantage, if it works as it seems to. For instance, +min/max damage jewels would be incredibly effective in weapons with high +% ED. Ribcracker would be insane, as would Buriza-do Kyanon, Windforce, and almost all the other high-powered Uniques that have + damage. Cruels of Evisceration will suddenly be a lot more popular.

But exploitation...the only way I see that happening is if Blizzard makes the mistake of not differentiating on-weapon +damage from other sources of +damage (charms, other items).
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
Battle.net has been updated with new patch info:

Druid's New Molten Boulder Skill

Druid's New Volcano Skill

Druid's New Hurricane Skill

Look at the duration on Hurricane! 17 seconds and another full second for each skill point put into Cyclone Armor. The question is--what is the cast delay? Is it the same as before with four seconds? In this case, you could theoretically stack five of them (just barely) with a 17 second duration. It's hard to say what the cast delay would be--you could just stack over two hurricanes before.

Armageddon probably got a huge boost as well, considering what they did to Hurricane.

I have to say, I liked playing an elemental druid before because he was such an underdog. It took incredible patience to actually kill anything with him. However, I am looking forward to kicking ass with a new one on the Ladder Realm.

Looks like after I build my magic finder Barb on the new realm, I'll be doing an elemental druid for fun.

/// Zoid.
/// Zoid.
Sort of. The duration increase is exciting...other than that, skill lvl 33 is pretty high...not sure why theyr'e showing us such a high level of these skills. We don't know how they ramp; for all we know, the damage could be reasonable / not all that powerful at lvl 20.

My problem with the druid skills, and the reason, I think, their damage needs to be higher on average than Sorc skills, is that they're inherently random and hard to use. Molten Boulder should have higher damage than, say, glacial spike, because the latter is the latter is a bullet, the former, a bowling ball. A sloooow bowling ball. In fact, I'm not even sure that Twister and Tornado can be made useful without ramping up their damage insanely. The randomness is just too frustrating and such a weak point for the skill. I'm not sure what they ought to do about that, but a damage increase is a place to start...
[Image: ignatzsig.gif]
I was under the impression that hurricanes didn't stack, that you simply reset the timer when you recast it, much like Blaze. In that case the extra duration just helps you use other timered spells with it (a good thing) and makes mana usage even lighter (fewer recasts).

I did like finally seeing a synergy that did something other than add more damage to a skill.

Now, Hurricane and armageddon stacked, and using those two together with tornado for physical made the elemental druid quite usable in a lot of situations (though your skills were all pretty much maxed before you got to Hell). I realize there are a lot of synergies going on with the screen shot, but since my pure elementalist (no summons at all) planned to maxe hurricane, tornado, and armageddon (I like to be able to kill anything and you need 3 types of attack to do it) he will be quite happy that all those tornado points will help hurricane as well. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Ignatz,Jun 9 2003, 10:56 AM Wrote:We don't know how they ramp; for all we know, the damage could be reasonable / not all that powerful at lvl 20.
I was just about to say that sure we can figure out how they ramp, when I looked at the screenshots again. Huh? None of them list the next level's stats!

I don't get it. Did Blizzard edit the screenshot or something? Is there some situation that I'm not aware of where the next level's stats wouldn't be shown? Is this a wierd side effect of however Blizzard created this test/hack character? Or is this a horribly annoying change that will affect any skill with too much clutter?

Note: of the other two screenshots of skills, Bone Spear shows the next level (and has plenty of room to do so), Phoenix Strike does not show the next level (and would be very cluttered if it did).
If you can not place another point in the skill it doesn't show what the next level can do, at least this is the case if you are say L30 and place a point in a L30 skill, you can't see what the next level with do. I don't recall if this applies to skills that have 20 points in them as well, being at work I can't check on it.
---
Ah, yes, that's right. But that's not how it works with skills with 20 points in them, I did check.

Maybe the test character in the screenshot is level 1 (or something equally silly)? Obviously a real character with the skills from the screenshot would be at least level 70+, so wouldn't have any issue with not being high enough clvl to put up certain skills.

- Dagni
Zoid,Jun 10 2003, 05:20 AM Wrote:Look at the duration on Hurricane!  17 seconds and another full second for each skill point put into Cyclone Armor.
Or at least, I don't think so.

Duration: 12 seconds

Plus (from sLvl 20 Cyclone Armor) :
20 seconds in Normal
10 seconds in Nightmare
5 seconds in Hell

Equals: 17 seconds at the skill levels presented in a Hell level Screenshot. ;)

Or I could be wrong. :lol:
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
See my reply here: http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/index.p...&t=1008&p=13781 I think you might be wrong.
---
Checking Chippydip's, the duration of Hurricane is normally 10 seconds. Since +skills items don't give synergy bonuses, and this Druid seems to have +13 skills, that leaves slvl 7 Cyclone Armor, getting the 17 seconds shown.

EDIT: Heh, well nice timing. Posted the same minute as Gnollguy. :o

- Dagni
Dagni,Jun 10 2003, 12:14 PM Wrote:Since +skills items don't give synergy bonuses, and this Druid seems to have +13 skills, that leaves slvl 7 Cyclone Armor, getting the 17 seconds shown.
Heh. That's not the first time I've made a post while being so eye-droopingly sleepy that I had to head back to bed in the middle of the day. :unsure: It's amazing how the obvious things can slip past one's awareness.

Ah well. Thanks for the correction. B)
Fear the power of pinnage!

WarBlade, I'm trusting in you to keep the original post updated. :)

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Do Boulder and Volcano now have a physical damage component? The skill descriptions list "damage" and "fire damage" separately.
Bolty,Jun 11 2003, 09:32 AM Wrote:WarBlade, I'm trusting in you to keep the original post updated.  :)

-Bolty
No prob. :huh: I've been managing to keep it updated within hours of the Arreat Summit news posts so far, with the exception of the Elite Deathspade image that I accidentally overlooked initially. B)
Casperi,Jun 11 2003, 10:44 AM Wrote:Do Boulder and Volcano now have a physical damage component?  The skill descriptions list "damage" and "fire damage" separately.
Well that's the way it looks to me, although looking at the Hurricane entry drops a clue that this might not be the case. Having said that the Synergy upgrades from Twister and Tornado, both listed as "Damage" are from physically damaging skills in the first place, so there's more support in a funny way, despite Hurricane listing only Cold Damage up top.

My opinion is that Molten Boulder and Volcano do mixed damage though, considering the listed differences of "Fire Damage" and just "Damage". Note that both of those skills deal with flinging hot rocks around which one would imagine could physically hurt. ;)

To recap:
Molten Boulder gains "Damage" from Volcano. "Fire Damage" from Firestorm.
Volcano gains "Damage" from Molten Boulder. "Fire Damage" from Fissure and Armageddon.

Even the synergies indicate probable Physical Damage.

The most obvious clue is the listing of Damage and Fire Damage up top. Why have two damage entries unless the skills are doing two types of damage. ;)