Good places to boost your levels?
Nowadays, I just can't play like I used to. I rarely get an hour of playing without being interrupted :angry: I have noticed, though, an interesting consequence to this... I noticed one day that my character was close to level thirty and I wasn't even through with Act IV!

I really liked the fact that my character was a few levels higher than I expected it to be at that stage in the game. I found myself cruising through some stages and defeating bosses without having a panic attack -- like when some boss hits you for 98 percent of your life and you start slamming buttons 1 to 4 while left and right clicking simultaneously and then your mind goes blank as you try to remember HOW to open a town portal...

Anyways, if I wanted to do this deliberately... I mean pump my character's levels to those that are a higher than what is required; which places would be good to do it on?

I think the Bloody Foothills of Act V are one of them...
Uhmmm.... yep, I'm a n00b
The Arcane Sanctuary is a popular place to level.

I also do runs through the Canyon of the Magi and False Tombs in act 2.

The only places I can even stand in act 3 are the dungeons at the end (Ruined Temple, Forgotten Temple, Disused Reliquary etc.) Monsters here are pretty easy to kill and there are plenty of bosses.

I rarely park in any area to level in act 4.

In ac 5 there are many many many good places.

The most ppular is bloody foothills.

My personal favorite is the halls of pain (And other Nihlithak halls). The worldstone keep is a good level (especially levels 2 and 3) and if it is easy for you to kill the minions, you can level here AND do Baal MF runs.

There are more places I'm sure, but these are the ones I typically use
"Once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there
you have been, and there you will
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
no text
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
Namaste (That's greetings in Marathi), ;)

Quote:my character was close to level thirty and I wasn't even through with Act IV!

Yeah, that's happened to me too. Anyway, if you want good places to level up, Bloody Foothills can cover most of Act V leveling up, but I like cruising through the Ice Caverns too. Generally, any place with easy-to-kill monsters, good items, and possibly evil urns is good.

Yeah, that's it....
Black Lightning:
- Hell's thunder
- It'll strike anywhere
- It'll come down any time
- It'll hit ANYTHING...
(Run for the hills!Wink
My barbarian was lvl29 at the start of act3. I remember that i used a Steeldriver, its lvl req is 29. I think my lvl was so high because i solo'ed in 5-8 player games. my newest char,WB is lvl 28 in act 5. it is so low because i played with a friend and didnt go solo at all....
[Image: 1048873792431.jpeg]
And when he gets to Heaven
To Saint Peter he will tell:
One more Soldier reporting Sir -
I've served my time in Hell
My first ever char was level 40 before defeating baal :P But i did do alot of meph runs with him (i got griswolds edge to go with azurewrath, pretty sad, but i was feeling B) ). Here is a good place to level in each act, or where i level :P

Act1: Bloodraven is good if you're low level, if your higher and want to level for andi, go to the inner cloister and play up to the smith.

act2: A good place for leveling till act4 really. First there is the whole of the sewers, then arkaines is good. O, the canyon (last wp) is good too.

act3: Nasty, nasty, nasty act :angry: . Best bet is meph runs, as you have a chance of finding items, and the map isn't too nasty.

act4: Again, it isn't great. I'd just keep to the first area just outside (so there aren't any too hard monsters) or fight your way to diablo (but dont bother killing him, and only kill the seal monsters if you're strong enough)

act5: Another good place to level. The bloody foothills are popular, but on hell some of the guys are phis imune, so better in norm/nm. The frigid highlands is good, take the red portal and go in there. Good exp and random rare guys. Pindle's area is pretty good too. Finaly, if you are just leveling your char, and he/she is pretty strong for the difficulty level, do baal runs. His minions give you loads of exp.

Cows: The best place to level in the game. Just make sure people don't kill the king for the first time if you can open. You open the area with a tomb of tp and wirts leg transmuted in your horodric cube. Be carefull though, those cows are evil :ph34r:
What is this life if, full of care
We have no time to stand and stare.

No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.

No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.

No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.

A poor life this if, full of care,
The best place to level is in a multiplayer game where you are partied with people near your level, or not partied with everyone else higher level and on a different act. Then make sure that the monsters you are fighting are within +/- 5 levels of yours if you are < level 25.

A good way to level up quickly and in which you will find an entertaining challenge is to start a normal game and call it something like "Act 1-3 normal". Once 4 or 5 higher level characters have started off into Act 2, you are set. I sometimes do this repeatedly finding beasts my level just to maximize my level before Act 2. Starting Act 2 around level 14 - 16 is what I aim for. I try to start Act III around level 20 - 21, and Act IV in the high 20's. If you are playing hardcore you would want to keep a higher margin for safety. Some character classes like necromancer are easier if you can wait to face Diablo after level 30, where you can use your most powerful skills.

I find Act V is easier than Act IV, and experience is laying around in huge puddles. 3-4 repeats of Glacial trail, or Bloody foothills moves you quickly to the higher levels. Act V normal monsters are between levels 40 and 60, and you are unable to complete the Ancients before level 20. I've never faced the Normal Ancients, less than level 30 as I tend to sweep all monsters from every level if a most methodical and grueling manner. :)

There are some pretty good experience calculators around that will tell you which monsters are perfect for your level, and where to find them. Otherwise, consult the Arreat Summit monster guide to find which monsters yield the most experience. After lvl 25, you just need to find areas with many monsters higher level than you that you can kill quickly.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote:A good way to level up quickly and in which you will find an entertaining challenge is to start a normal game and call it something like "Act 1-3 normal". Once 4 or 5 higher level characters have started off into Act 2, you are set.

Yes but do you realize how incredibly aggrivating it is to enter a half dozen games which say act 1-3 norm or something (Which have been active games for less than a minute or two) and the maker never even enters acts 1-3??? Do you?
"Once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there
you have been, and there you will
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
I allways make "act1 quests", or something similar, to try and make it that people join to do quests, NOT rush :P

That is why I make it Act 1-3 normal with level limit <25. Indicating that I'm starting out in Act 1, and progressing through all the quests. More aggravating is when a higher level character sweeps in and kills all the bosses for the good drops, forcing one to create a new game.

You are always free to create and name your own game with tighter restrictions.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

lolz
the best place for leveling is in cows :)
other places : arcane sanctuary,bloody foothills,ancients way
if u have a friend to do the job for u do the ancients
norm ancients at lvl 20(+5 levels )
nightmare ancients at lvl 40(+7 levels)
hell ancients when 60 (+3 levels)
Aren't you guys forgetting something? The Ancient's Way. That place and the Bloody Foothills are the all time best on "players 8." :o :blink:
Life is but a one-way trip, it won't last long and you won't come back, keep it extreme.
-AkuratAZN

(Soon, I will have my guilds homepage in my signature, soon.)
There are definetly certain spots that everyone tends to level at, and I'm no different.

I typically go like this (for hardcore):

Since I don't like public games at too low levels (PK's all the time in arcane <_< ) I usually solo from levels 1-9 in Act 1. If I am able to join a game with a friend that's even better (but I tend to prefer to solo still). I'm a quick leveler so it takes me no more than 20 minutes to get to lvl 9 in a 1 person game. I just go through from Blood Moor and clear everything up to Dark Wood and Tristram. Once I do that I usually make a new game, do Dark Wood/Tristram a second time and move on to the Tower. After that I move on to do the Malus Quest (killing everything on my way). By this time I'm usually level 9-11 and I join a public Act 1 game to easily get Andariel and move onto Act 2.

In Act 2 there are two main places that are simply the best for leveling in this act. First is Sewers. If you do like I do and join a public game for Andariel, stick around and do the sewers as quickly as possible. If you're strong enough and get a head start you can easily level to level 15 in one run through (I do all the time). After I get level 15 (which I always do in one run through of sewers in a large game, about 2 or 3 solo) I move on to Arcane Sanctuary, which is probably better to level in that any other area in Act 2 or Act 3 (correct me if I'm wrong, I don't stick around Act 3 much :P ). I stick around in Arcane for as long as possible, typically around level 25. By this time I'm usually in Act 4 easily, just join public games and someone usually feels the need to rush everyone, which is nice in some situations.

If my character is still somewhat weak, I'll stick around Act 4 for a while doing some killing right outside of town in the Plains of Despair. This usually isn't the case and I only do this area to get to Izual and get my skills :D . I never stick around Act 3 much, only for the Golden Bird quest and I'll return later for the Book quest and get my stats.

Act 5.. mmm.. my favorite act (I miss this act in classic HC). I start off joining an ancients game (since I'm always well over level 20 when I start this act). Then I just do Bloody Hill runs until level 30-33. Then I start, or should I say finish, with doing Baal runs until level 40ish. Just make sure to get all the goodies here before moving on to the next difficulty level, like saving Anya's cold booty from Mr. Bad-ol'-Nith :P .

Then I start all over again in nightmare, finishing Act 1 as soon as possible and moving on to Act 2, arcane runs until the highest level possible, and basically moving towards Act 5 as quickly as I can. Then I do Bloody runs until level 65ish.

I'll get back to you once I successfully level a high char in hell. In Softcore you can probably progress much faster, and if need be (although it might be scolded here) you can even get a rush and leech in cows :o *gasp*. But that isn't very fun, and it's so tempting to do, that's why I moved on to Hardcore, where cows at lvl 15 is suicide.

I hope that's enough information :D . I have a tendency to talk a lot in my posts, as is quickly becoming noticable now that I have started posting.

- Itami
HARDCORE BABY!

*ITT@USEast

"Death Before Dishonor! Bonzai!"
I have a question for anyone who wants to answer. Would the high level (85+) char benifit more from cow runs or chaos runs? I often see high levels in chaos and I had started them myself though I found that I get little exp from this (I have a 56k modem connection (lag) not to mention AOL (further lag) so most of the time I don't even see diablo if this matters) and I just went back to cows.
Stupid is as Stupid does.
Depends how fast you can kill. A good bowa can get between 5 and 10 mill per cow game at high levels, which is alot better than doing chaos runs, but for some chars, they do not kill enough cows for it to be better than chaos runs, such as barbs, palas, druids (chars which have no skills which kills large numbers of monsters quickly, and are melee so die more often in cows). You are also more likely to get a drop in a chaos run, or at least pick it up, instead of a grabber picking it up before you get a chance.

I usually make barbas and do not die except for the occasional lag and dumb move by the less experienced of the group. I am making my way in cows and i level fast enough for my taste but thank you anyway. :)
Stupid is as Stupid does.
http://www.lurkerlounge.com/diablo2/calcul...rience-caaroid/

Its not up-to-date for 1.09 but as a rough guide for where to level it should be of some service.

Oomph-aak
Are there tables (even rough estimates of average XP to be gained) that include Act V data (the above calculator seems to be for D2 Classic only).