1.10 Screenie thread
With new beta 1.10 version screenshots popping out of the works every so often I feel a screenie thread might be in order. Links only please. Some of us Dialup users don't handle a page full of images too well

I'll edit the links into this top post as they arrive.

In (possibly accurate) chronological order . . .

Rainbow Facet Jewel

Azurewrath revamped as elite

World Event hint

Wolfhowl new unique Barbarian helmet

Bone Spear featuring a glimpse of synergies

Whirlwind revised animation

Exile - Shield runeword

Melody Runeword (in Pellet Bow) Debugged apparently.

Phoenix Strike Revised

Phoenix Strike in action Featuring some familiar Act 2 monsters in the Worldstone Keep

Mana Potions at the vendor

Deathspade Axe +Ral + Sol +Perf Emerald Before recrafting (tempering?)

Deathspade Axe rebuilt into Exceptional version (Deathspade Cleaver) The result of the screenshot posted above.

Deathspade tempered to Elite

Druid Elemental Upgrade - Molten Boulder

Druid Elemental Upgrade - Volcano

Druid Elemental Upgrade - Hurricane

Cube Recipe: Jah + Jah + Jah + Flawless Ruby

Cube Recipe: . . . Equals Cham (result of recipe above)

Trang-Oul's Scales showing Necromancer as Vampire full set bonus

Trang-Oul's Scales - Vampire Necromancer tossing Fireballs

Zeal with Synergy

Holy Shock with Synergies

Holy Bolt with Synergies
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
.. that this kind of doesn't belong here, but it's funny though:

Look which patch Veil of Steel now requires:
http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/eli...te/uhelms.shtml

And it isn't even out yet. Hmhm. ;)

[sorry bout that again WarBlade :unsure: ]

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
Old news. GFraizer updated a few uniques with correct 1.10 data a good few months ago.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
But what has changed?

Can't see the difference.

If there is one, forget my post. Sorry 'bout that.

Didn't mean no harm!!! :D :D

Greetings Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
*Shrugs* I couldn't tell you. I can barely remember the stats for the unique items in D1 that I use regulary, and since in the years that I have played D2 (SP) I have only ever found four uniques (Whitherstring, Stormstrike and Wizendraw on a melee character and Felloak with my Amazon) and a total of eight Set items (Angelic Sickle, Angelic Halo, Arctic Furs, Cathan's Seal, Hsarus' Iron Heel, Sigon's Guard, Tancred's Hobnails and Tancred's Crowbill, and incidentally I've never found more than two items in a set with the same character) so I'm not going to memorise the stats of a few hundred Uniques and Sets that I'm never ever going to possibly find.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Previously Veil of Steel had a total of 396 DR, now it is 480.
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
I must admit I'm somewhat disappointed with that.

The great Veil of Steel - Lachdanans Helm....

Oh well...

I've been playing D2/LoD since it came out, and my directory of uniques/sets contains some hundred screenies...
Interesting though, cause these screenies are taken from different Point Releases of the Game.

Don't want to make sb jealous :D - there are only some good ones I found. But they are all legit :) : >>>Single Player<<<

Well then... Anyone new screenies???

Ahem...

Greetings, Fragbait

- Bruce Lee

If Wolfhowl is a Barbarian helmet, why does it have mods for the Druid? And why is a Druid wearing the Barbarian ONLY helmet? Someone enlighten me please! :blink:
WWBBD?
A Druid isn't wearing the Barb helm, a Barb is. See the mods aren't Druid Only on the helm. This means the Barb can turn into a Werewolf. As an avid Werewolf player, I dislike that helm.
Is grace enough to build a bridge once burned, to fill that which is hollow with the substance of virtue,
Though the wings of a dove have wiped a tear from my eye, my tongue has fanned the flames of transgression,
But love suffers long and rejoices in truth, and this imperfect creation is striving none the less for that which is eternal...

- Hopesfall - The Broken Heart Of A Traitor
I'm glad I quit...letting barbs SHIFT??? That was one of the coolest things I liked about Druids!! Those idiots! :angry:
WWBBD?
Actually it's rather sucky

Which would you prefer:

Level 20 Whirlwind or level 3-6 Feral Rage?

Barb character's base animation speed or Shifter's incredibly sluggish speed boosted by a couple of points of Werewolf?

Any self-respecting Barb would choose Arreat's or a decent rare
A new Runeword for shields...

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/images/ot...other/Exile.jpg

Level 16 defiance Aura??? Freezes target??? All this and Life tap, enhanced block rate, resistances...

Wow... Fortunately they can only be formed on paladin shields and those rune words are rare; otherwise, pallys would lose yet another skill to these items (don't remember if Mercs can get defiance to level 16). This item is powerful. :blink:

EDIT: Forgot there are some shields besides pally-specific shields that can have 4 sockets... So this item can be used by any character that has the strength to equip a Hyperion, a Ward or a Blade Barrier. :(
Raz
Hmm...freezes target. Can they possibly mean "freeze target everytime" like the old Iceblink? Or "freeze once in a blue moon" like the new Iceblink? If it's the former, this is indeed a 1337 uber item.
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
Wow, quite the Defiant (without needing to put points in Defiance :D) Smiter shield there. :P I can't remember, does a Shield being ethereal increase its damage (Repairs 1 Durability in 4 Seconds...)?
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
Vash,May 19 2003, 09:00 PM Wrote:Hmm...freezes target.&nbsp; Can they possibly mean "freeze target everytime" like the old Iceblink?&nbsp; Or "freeze once in a blue moon" like the new Iceblink?&nbsp; If it's the former, this is indeed a 1337 uber item.
I think "extra good" Freezes Target has a modifier to it, like "Freezes Target +3" (as in Buriza?)

So I think that's about as freezing as the new Iceblink.

Hit Freezes Target formula:

The chance of freezing is 50 + (AL + (B*4) - DL) * 5

AL = attacker level
DL = defender level
B = freeze bonus from item (default is 1) <--- the value after the "plus"

If it's ranged, the AL has a -6 penalty and the chance is divided by 3

Freeze length = (chance - roll) * 2 + 25 frames
... with a minimum length of 25 frames (1 second) and a maximum length of 250 frames (10 seconds)
<span style="color:orange">Account: jugalator // <span style="color:orange">Realm: Europe // <span style="color:orange">Mode: Softcore (kinda inactive nowadays though)
Loyal Diablo fan since 1997 :-)
Hail Isolde,

A friend asked me this yesterday: if a Paladin puts on one of these new items with Auras in them, what happens? Does he merely get slvlx of aura y, or does he get two Auras going at once? What if he already has that Aura at a higher level: do they stack, does the higher take precedence, or does one (ie item or skill) automatically take precedence?

May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
They add Repairs Durability now???

That could have made Holy Thunder usable back in 1.08. :( 1 Durability in 20 seconds would have been sufficient. :(

*Looks at picture*

And what's an Um rune doing in a picture that reads VexOhmIstDol? :huh:
The paladin can have multiple auras going while wearing an item that grants an aura while equipped. The higher level aura takes precedence with regards to stat boosts, but both auras would be "on" for applied effects. If there were an item that grants holy fire, for example (not saying there is one), and you had holy fire enabled as your skill aura, you'd get the additional fire damage to your attack of the higher level aura, but both auras would "pulse" doing fire damage to enemies in a radius.

That's the theory anyway ;)
Quote:Originally posted by Isolde
...you'd get the additional fire damage to your attack of the higher level aura...
Right, so it's confirmed that Holy Fire adds to attack damage now (maybe that's been out for a while, I haven't been keeping up)? That will make my maxed Holy Fire, maxed Thorns Paladin from way back in SP D2C a bit happier (though he's still pretty pissed at me for ever even considering that skill placement to begin with). :D
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
FenrisWulf,May 20 2003, 01:36 PM Wrote:Right, so it's confirmed that Holy Fire adds to attack damage now (maybe that's been out for a while, I haven't been keeping up)?
There was a mention of this somewhere a month or two back, maybe in that Bill Roper interview, I don't recall where I read it.

More recently however, when the patch info got accidentally leaked on Arreat Summit, the leaked Offensive Aura synergies revealed that both Holy Fire and Holy Freeze gained small damage upgrades from the corresponding resistance Auras on the Defensive tree. ;)

From diabloii.net:
Bonuses To Holy Fire
Resist Fire: +16% Fire Damage Per Level
Salvation: +5% Fire Damage Per Level

Bonuses To Holy Freeze
Resist Cold: +14% Cold Damage Per Level
Salvation: +7% Cold Damage Per Level

Quite what the support auras will be in 1.10 and the amount of support they give has yet to be definitively confirmed, but at least the small part that we do know paints an interesing picture. Holy Freeze doing damage . . . yum. :)