Diablo II 1.10 Beta Test begins
lemekim,Jul 6 2003, 10:03 PM Wrote:Edit: Ah the new drain field modifier... I wouldn't be suprised if it was 50% or so for all monsters in hell. That would explain it. =\
The Drain(H) varies from 0 (no leeching) to 100 (full leeching effect) in hell with varing amounts depending on the monster. Most of the monster have a slightly higher leeching amount in nightmare too.

For the Physical Resistance in Hell the amount ranges through a great variety of amounts from 0 to 100%.

The Lower Resist and Conviction lowering the monster resistances below 100% (removing the "Immunity" designation) appears to be intentional as there are quite a few monsters that have reistances of over 100 now, especially in hell difficulty. The cold resistances have some of the highest values to probably counter the sorceress Cold Mastery effect when used at only low skill levels. The only other extreamly high resistance that I noted so far is the most the "inanimate monsters" (fire tower for one) have a poison resitance of 1000.
Quote:umm... what wer you fighting?

Um, I honestly can't recall. Are you serious, man?!? Sweet Jeebus, I was playing a WOLF in Hell Act 5 Players 8!! If it friggin' MOVED I killed it as fast as I possibly could!

*whapwhapWHAPWHAPHAPAPAPAPAPAPAPAPAPAP !!... *thud*
"What was that?"
"I don't know, but it's dead, now."
"Good work, did it drop anything?"
"Well, no. But we're still alive aren't we?"
"Excellent point. Carrying on then..."

Most likely Pit Vipers, Ruvanal. I'd love to see the numbers on them, regardless.

Quote:I am not sure of what kind of life your shapeshifter has but from the typical amounts that I have heard of for shapeshifters in hell this is ~150 leech back may not be enough to keep up with getting hit hard.

I think your math is dead on, personally. It makes absolute sense when you apply it to the situations I've encountered.

*tips helm*
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
I can confirm that it has affected Redemption as well (sorry if this is repetitious of somewhere else... the boards are hoppin' with info right now). Redemption has become a far more applicable skill than it was before. From my observations, it pulses immediately upon activation, and then again at 2 second intervals.

*tips helm*
Garnered Wisdom --

Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
*snuffles*

*treads around*

*nudges*

*bites*

*spits*

*cocks ears forward*

[Image: runemaster.JPG]

Curiouser and curiouser. Anyone want this thing? It tastes terrible.
Garnered Wisdom --

Sadly, due to its base item type and speed it only gets down to a 7 frame attack with a Werebear. That's only one frame faster than Baranar's Star. :( Of course the "Cannot Be Frozen" modifier is quite useful!
-TheDragoon
Nicodemus Phaulkon,Jul 7 2003, 02:08 PM Wrote:From my observations, it pulses immediately upon activation, and then again at 2 second intervals.

*tips helm*
Nice, can you manually force it to fire more often? I.e. it pulses immediately upon activation, switch away and back, it pulses again. Or most likely it was done properly, and it pulses immediately IF it hasn't already fired a pulse in the last two seconds? So that'd be with an invisible timer.

- Dagni
- Dagni
It's a unique. :)

Edit: Got Quote Happy ™ with an no text reply :blink: :)
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?
Quote:Nice, can you manually force it to fire more often? I.e. it pulses immediately upon activation, switch away and back, it pulses again. Or most likely it was done properly, and it pulses immediately IF it hasn't already fired a pulse in the last two seconds? So that'd be with an invisible timer.

*loads up, goes Shenk hunting*

Alas, no. Apparently the "instantaneous" Redemption I witnessed was a result of lagging in an IP game. It seems that the counter starts with the Aura instantiation and fires off after the now-typical 2 seconds, not immediately, to be followed with redemptive pulses every 2 seconds.

My bad! 'pologies.

*tips helm*
Garnered Wisdom --

From what I saw of Redemption, it fires off just after activation and then proceeds to stick to the 2 second pulse. Not 100% sure sure though. Everything happens so fast it's hard to tell. :unsure:
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Ruvanal,Jul 7 2003, 08:48 PM Wrote:The Drain(H) varies from 0 (no leeching) to 100 (full leeching effect) in hell with varing amounts depending on the monster.  Most of the monster have a slightly higher leeching amount in nightmare too.

For the Physical Resistance in Hell the amount ranges through a great variety of amounts from 0 to 100%.

The Lower Resist and Conviction lowering the monster resistances below 100% (removing the "Immunity" designation) appears to be intentional as there are quite a few monsters that have reistances of over 100 now, especially in hell difficulty.  The cold resistances have some of the highest values to probably counter the sorceress Cold Mastery effect when used at only low skill levels.  The only other extreamly high resistance that I noted so far is the most the "inanimate monsters" (fire tower for one) have a poison resitance of 1000.
Most interesting... The particular monsters I was testing leech on were subclasses of megademons (66 leech modifier) and fingermages (33 leech modifier), which explains the low returns.

On the note of Lower Resists, I noticed that in the effects of it that are listed under aurastat columns in skill.txt. Currently, there is no column for magicresist. Was this omission specific to disable interaction of LR and Bone skills, or did the authors simply forget that it should be affecting them? Or perhaps there is no such thing as magicresist modifier? I would put together a patch to test if I could simply add magicresist modifier and hopefully enable magic/LR interaction, but today it's out of the question... Perhaps someone wants to test this today =)
There's instances of immediate Redemption after activating the aura, and then there's cases where it doesn't happen until the 2 second delay. I was messing about with my paladins this evening in Act 5, flashing Redemption over the battlefield.

Of course, this will be affected by one's percentage chance to actually Redeem... and I'm unwilling to hack up my paladins to test further.

Into another's hands for this one.
Garnered Wisdom --

Hum... this immunity-breaking seems idiotic to me at first sight.
Regen and Drain are two different variables, from what I gather.

Drain = 100 means, I presume, that the monster leeches 100% of the damage it does to you back to its own life pool, correct?

Regen is the rate at which points grow back, just as a +life regen circlet or ring does for the player. I understand that regen for monsters is beefed up.

So, is the complaint out there about "regeneration" being so high tied to high drain as well as regen, or is regen really all that high? Or are they both at work? (More likely)

Strikes me that a double whammy is in operation here for those of us on Dial up whose ping stays in the 200-300+ range. A touch harder to dodge with a slightly slower connection. :P
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Nope. Drain is the percentage of life mana that you can leach back on a hit.

If you have 50% life leach and do 100 damage and a monster has a drain of 50 and no physical resists you will only get back 25 HP, not 50, since you can only drain 50%.

If it was a 60 drain you would get 30 back. If it was a 100 drain you would get 50 back.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Regen and Drain are two different variables, from what I gather.
Correct.

Drain = 100 means, I presume, that the monster leeches 100% of the damage it does to you back to its own life pool, correct?
No. The Drain is the percenatage of the physical damage that you do that will be used for the leeching calculation. With Drain=100 all the physical damage can be used for leeching. If Drain=50, then only 50% of the physical damage that you do will be used for the leeching calculation and at Drain=0 you would not be able to leech at all (e.g. Skeletons).

Regen is used in a calculation to determine the rate per frame that monsters will recover their life. It works out to be about 0.6% of max life per second. The +life regen on items is just a flat rate of recovery that does not scale with the wears max life.

In v1.09 most of the monsters have Regen=2. In v1.10 most of the monsters still have a 2, but there are quite a few that have higher amounts. Couple this with the generally higher life values of many of the monsters and you may have some problems with keeping some them from regenerating at an acceptable rate.
hakai_no_tenshi,Jul 6 2003, 09:08 AM Wrote:Argh .. where is Jarulf when you need him. I've been trying to decode the save file structure to update ATMA but the character stats section is completely different :( I've done some minor decoding but it's simply not enough. Anyway, hoping someone will look at that at some point.

--T
No time to check full thread, but here is my understanding unless it has changed recently before the beta. There is no longer any special stats always saved seperately. Instead all stats are saved at the same time. for each stat, there is an entry in the itemstatscosts telling if it should be saved or not. Each individual stat is then saved in the number of bits indicated in the same file, pretty much in the same way stats for items are saved. Hope this helps some.
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.