Diablo II 1.10 Beta Test begins
Ruvanal,Jul 5 2003, 06:12 AM Wrote:Decide to take a look at teh slugs stats.  Surprised that you could even manage to run away from him in the first place.  A characters base walk/run values are 6/9 while Duriels are 10/15.
Well, I had slvl 1 BoS, although that probably at best only negated the slowing from HF. I seemed to be running at near to the exact same speed as Duriel, perhaps Duriel wasn't "running"? Oh, or maybe he was charging and that is for some reason slower than his run?

Quote:In normal his skills are
Charge level 5
Jab level 15
How many attacks does Jab do? From the sound and watching the life bar it seems like two, but is it three, with the second and third hitting at or about the same time?

Quote:damage in normal only and only the base amounts without skills
A1 attack 19.6-25.2
A2 attack 19.6-25.2 +100% chance of 15 frame stun.
So charge (+200% dmg) is doing on average 67.2 dmg, which is about on par with my estimate of 1/4 or 1/5 my 310 life. Jab at slvl 15 is +27% dmg, so if it was doing more total damage than the charge, as it seemed to, then that'd have to be 3 hits so 3*22.4*1.27= 85.3 dmg total per Jab, assuming each hits. I estimated my life orb dropped about 1/3 or 1/4 each Jab, so that fits pretty well.

Now I wonder how much less Duriel was doing in 1.09...?

Quote:The quest TCs for the act end bosses have very high chance checks for uniques and sets and then a 100% chance of rare checks (providing the item can be rare).
Hmm, I was going to add to that post that I got a magical Kris from Meph. Do set items downgrade to magic if they fail? Or perhaps a Kris can't be rare!? Also, is that every time you kill the Boss? I thought that Blizzard was going to make them drop much better the first time they were killed only?

- Dagni
hmm. interesting, I'll have to look into this.
"Hydrogen and stupidity are the two most common things in the universe" - Harlan Ellesen
"I beat you with a stick!" - ChromaticOnion
Quote:Do set items downgrade to magic if they fail?

That's the way it's always worked.
Next time an act boss drops a magical for you, check its durability.
An old CD2 leftover, "failed set" magical items and "failed unique" rare items still had more durability than their counterparts in 1.09.
Except that you only get synergy bonuses for skill points actually invested in the skill (+skill items don't grant those bonuses). :) Fire Claws doesn't look NEARLY as impressive when you keep that in mind.
-TheDragoon
I just post these as I find them...if i don't, I'll forget to post....

De Seis's minions are now Doom Knights, not Oblivion........

Also, looks like Blade Sentinel and Blade Fury have better graphics....
--Mav
Well that makes sense, considering De Seis always sports a fancy, but for OK's completely useless Fanaticism aura. It'll actually do some good for Doom knights.
In my mind, my dreams are real. No one's concerned about the way I feel.
Arutha,Jul 5 2003, 02:52 PM Wrote:
Quote:Do set items downgrade to magic if they fail?
That's the way it's always worked.
Next time an act boss drops a magical for you, check its durability.
An old CD2 leftover, "failed set" magical items and "failed unique" rare items still had more durability than their counterparts in 1.09.
Yeah, I just wasn't entirely sure how it worked, I didn't mean to imply that it had ever been changed. And I knew about the durability thing, but I've long since sold that particular Kris.

However, I DO think that failed sets need to drop as rares now. Because as it stands, that is the ONLY way to get a blue item from an Act Boss, so whenever you do, you know that you nearly got a set item :(, and frankly, it has the feel of a bug, when you only get a blue item 1 time in 200 items or so.

- Dagni
Dagni,Jul 5 2003, 02:41 PM Wrote:Now I wonder how much less Duriel was doing in 1.09...?

- Dagni
I looked in monstats.txt for the 109d damage numbers. (I don't have the beta installed.)

Normal Attack1 Damage: 22-32
Normal Attack2 Damage: 16-23

Nightmare Attack1 Damage: 53-80
Nightmare Attack2 Damage: 41-57

Hell Attack1 Damage: 112-168
Hell Attack2 Damage: 85-119
Smoketest,Jul 5 2003, 07:03 PM Wrote:I looked in monstats.txt for the 109d damage numbers. (I don't have the beta installed.)

But what were his skill levels? Charge in 1.10 seemed about the same as 1.09, but did Duriel even use Jab before, much less at slvl 15?

- Dagni
Ok, I've taken a new Amazon through SC Normal.

I tried one of my 1.09 chars and lived about a millisecond in hell at clvl 81, so I decided to start new. The new Zon is now level 45 ( I used a pre-created lvl 30 Zon to start ) and after seeing my other Zon get stomped and reading other reports I decided to build and play this char like a HC Zon - much more investment in life, this seems to have worked, takes longer to kill stuff ( took me damn near 30 min to kill Lister on players 5, Baal wasn't much faster ) but my life ball stayed in the saftety zone.

Lister seems to regenerate life awfully fast - did he always do this? Poison is almost a must.

I found three uniques - Trident, Kris and Baal dropped a Mace. I'm underwhelmed by the so-called "greatly increased act boss drop rate the first time you kill them". Nothing special from any Act boss, sweet FA from any of the Act 5 superuniques and precious little from any other boss.

The countess did drop a Ral for me, best ever for normal countess for me. Hellforge gave me a Nef - feh.

I've noticed that the rates that charms are dropping seems to have been cut back, damage charms seem to be very few and very far between. I did not find a single poison, lightning or fire damage charm, I found one cold damage charm. If the rates of charm drops stay the same getting decent extra resists or damage from charms is going to be nigh impossible.

It sure seems like GA doesn't leech or has had a nerf applied to it's leech - it also doesn't always hit. On the bright side the Valk is darn near indestuctible and the decoy actually lasts long enough to be useful ( at low point investment )

Gambling has indeed improved, I've got a couple of decent rings and ammys and a nice Zon circlet.
Some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything but you just can't help but smile when you see them tumble down the stairs.

That happened to me. It is a bug (I think) that occasionally occours when they are ressurected. I got a few screenshots. :blink: (In refference to the post about the shadow carver fallen thing)
My charm drops where the same. I found two poison and one cold. About the boss drops, are you sure you hadn't killed them at all yet? Even in 1.09?
Quote:This could be REALLY icky in Hell if they ALL inherit stuff from a boss who is say... LE/FE/CE? Sweet mother of all things that are holy.

Don't worry. A lighting enchanted quill rat in nightmare (with some other mods) didn't transfer it to his minions. (I was saved from it because of the chance to cast bone prison on the Arm of King Leoric ("Rest well Leoric, I'll find your son") protecting me from it's bolts when my minions hit it, and I dealt with his minions. ;)
Obi, nope I hadn't killed any of the bosses in 1.09 yet.

Anticipating the patch ( a little prematurely, I created them in March ) I created a set of test chars using Shadowmaster ( all clvl 30, no points allocated ), that I intended to muck around with to experiment with before diving in to 1.10 headfirst. ( and before anyone starts to dump on me for using Shadowmaster - these are SP, test characters only and will be delected in favour of "pure" chars after I've had a chance see how the changes will affect my play style ).

So, maybe just a run of bad luck, we'll see how things go in NM.
Some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything but you just can't help but smile when you see them tumble down the stairs.

Well, I've now played my Fire Blast 'sin through A4/Normal, and the latest thing to stick out was Oblivion Knights vs Venom Lords. Even before I got to the CS, I found that, for whatever reason, the nasty knight mages weren't nasty. I could allow like five of them to all be casting right at me, and not worry about it too much. Normally ONE would worry me if I was standing still. In direct contrast, the Venom Lords were just roasting me with their firebreath. It was normal for the breath attack to be their first attack, followed by melee. The breath HURT. So even before I got to the CS, I was practically unconcerned with Knight mages, and very cautious about getting surrounded by Venom Lords.

I had already heard that DeSeis no longer had mages for minions, plus I found that the mages weren't so bad, so I wasn't worried about him. But remember the Venom Lords? Yeah, an Extra Fast boss pack of them sounded like a nghtmare. I wasn't disappointed. It was. Even with 55% fire res after Fade, there was no way I could stand the heat of more than a couple at once. I might add that my main attack was Fire Blast, and Venom Lords have 70% fire res, so I was already in trouble. The first time I fought them I eventually got trapped and Saved and Exitted. (I forgot that in SP you couldn't rejoin the same game with the monsters still dead, oh well.) The second time I eventually got them, by seperating them into one on one battles - a portal shrine right near the seal helped.

Anyway, the main point is that the Infector of Souls and co. has jumped far past De Seis for the title of nastiest Seal boss group.

Of course, De Seis jumped equally far backwards into the no-threat range. After taking care of his minions, I just sat there and spammed Fire Blast until De Seis died. Even sitting there without bothering to dodge anything, I'm not sure I had to drink more than one potion against him. His attacks just did not hurt.

As for the other monster type in the CS, not too much change in difficulty. The big difference is that they will attack with their drain mana missle *far* more often. That could be bad when combined with other monsters, perhaps, but it was probably a help for the Grand Vizier group, because they didn't all swarm in for melee.

Diablo seemed about the same. Since this character had some extra lightning res, he was actually a lot easier than normal, but I think that was just cause of my equipment.

Of course, this is all in Normal, the relative damage amounts might be way different in NM/Hell.

- Dagni
Dagni,Jul 5 2003, 08:52 PM Wrote:
Smoketest,Jul 5 2003, 07:03 PM Wrote:I looked in monstats.txt for the 109d damage numbers. (I don't have the beta installed.)

But what were his skill levels? Charge in 1.10 seemed about the same as 1.09, but did Duriel even use Jab before, much less at slvl 15?

- Dagni
Sorry, did some more digging for you:

Skill 1 (Charge(107)) = level 5
Skill 2 (Bash/Jab(10)) = level 15
Skill 3 (Stun(97)) = level 7

(For Duriel in LoD 109d)
Hmm.. that seems about exactly the same as 1.10 numbers. Maybe in 1.09 he doesn't use Jab much? In 1.10, he was doing it almost every time, I think (when he was next to me, when he first approaches, he does a charge, like normal).

- Dagni
Dagni,Jul 5 2003, 05:41 PM Wrote:
Quote:In normal his skills are
Charge level 5
Jab level 15
How many attacks does Jab do? From the sound and watching the life bar it seems like two, but is it three, with the second and third hitting at or about the same time?
Duriels is a 3 attack jab (most others appear to be 2 hit jabs). Duriels sequence is 13 frames long with the attacks on the 4, 10 and 13 frames. Note that it may not play out at the normal rate, I did not dig that deep into the files. (see monseq.txt, I like some of this non-hidden in the DLL stuff)

Quote:QUOTE 
The quest TCs for the act end bosses have very high chance checks for uniques and sets and then a 100% chance of rare checks (providing the item can be rare).

Hmm, I was going to add to that post that I got a magical Kris from Meph. Do set items downgrade to magic if they fail? Or perhaps a Kris can't be rare!? Also, is that every time you kill the Boss? I thought that Blizzard was going to make them drop much better the first time they were killed only?

Arutha answered the set to magic item downgrade. Ishould have emphasied this more. The act end bosses have some special flags set to note that they are quest canidates and wich quest flags trigger them. When you are the one landing the killing blow and it is settign the appropriate quest flag for you, then these monster will use a different set of TC to drop from.
TC=Duriel for the normal time that you kill them and
TC=Durielq for the quest kills.
It is the bossq TCs that have the enhanced chance of getting the uniques/sets/rares that I described. The other TC that they will normally be using has the same base chances as was in 1.09.

Quote:But what were his skill levels? Charge in 1.10 seemed about the same as 1.09, but did Duriel even use Jab before, much less at slvl 15?
From a quick check his skills and their level were the same in 1.09.
Argh .. where is Jarulf when you need him. I've been trying to decode the save file structure to update ATMA but the character stats section is completely different :( I've done some minor decoding but it's simply not enough. Anyway, hoping someone will look at that at some point.

--T
I fought the Ancients at clvl 23 and they only gave me one level. :( I think maybe that my exp bar did not move at all, i.e. that I got *exactly* one level. So it may be that the reward has been changed to giving one level exactly no matter what level you are. If that's the case, I could see Blizzard removing the level restriction on the quest.

- Dagni