Diablo II 1.10 Beta Test begins
I haven't heard any reports of anyone getting anything OTHER than one level from ancients. Guess this means the first level 99 is going to do this quest at level 98 if this is indeed true.
TheDragoon,Jul 5 2003, 10:05 PM Wrote:Except that you only get synergy bonuses for skill points actually invested in the skill (+skill items don't grant those bonuses).
Odd. My new paladin was using a +2 Prayer scepter and it seemed to boost the healing power of Cleansing. Maybe it works for plusses to specific skills?

-- CH
At least not in the same sense as all the other synergies. Cleansing and Meditation simply take your net value of Prayer (items included) and use that as their own healing value. It's literally rolling two Auras into one.

Weird eh? :huh:
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Im lvl 26 still in normal with my solo necro I think I have found 3(maybe it was 2) posion charms so far.
Not good, those Dung Beetles (Lightning spitters) now appear as regular critters, not just in boss packs :(

Also, something seemed to be wrong with Radament, as he wasn't able to land a hit on my mercenary with about 180 defense. Not that I'm complaining :P
Quote: I haven't heard any reports of anyone getting anything OTHER than one level from ancients. Guess this means the first level 99 is going to do this quest at level 98 if this is indeed true.
Umm. Even better, save the quest from all difficulties and then do them when your lvl 96 :P
Most likely you can skip the ancients quest by simply leaving the party when others kill them, then walking to worldstone levels. Can anyone test this?
g33k
The only thing is that you would have to do worldstone 1 to Baal without leaving through a TP or WP. :o
I didn't think the gate opened to Worldstone 1 until you killed the Ancients?
--Mav
You have the other people kill the ancients while you wait right outside the Arreat Summit (would you have to be unpartied?) and when they kill them, just follow down through the now open gate.
I'm suprised that nobody has mentioned it yet (or perhaps they have, in that case don't mind the raving lunatic).
This simple command:

/nopickup

When typed requires you to press the alt key (or whatever you've set it to) to pick up items. This feature is so very usefull esp. in instances where a large battle is going all around you and your trying to run away or somthing.

I sugest that ya'll try it out...
A few other related things...

Control+click on an item in the vendor window auto sells it if it's yours... Shift+click removes the text until you move your mouse.
Obi1.10Kenobi,Jul 6 2003, 12:44 PM Wrote:You have the other people kill the ancients while you wait right outside the Arreat Summit (would you have to be unpartied?) and when they kill them, just follow down through the now open gate.
It was tested a couple of weeks ago by some at the AB. If you have not gotten quest credit for the ancients, then you will not be able to go through that doorway even if the gate is open.

Also I have gotten credit for the ancients in the past when I was not partied and was going through Fridgid Highlands. Since then to make sure that I do not get creit on this quest unless I want it, I make sure that I am in another act.
MwuHA-HA-HA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :lol:

[Image: buriza.JPG]

Love always with snuggles and smooches,

B-DKAC (Buriza-Do Kyanon Anathema Coalition)

[Image: duel.gif]
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
[Image: newferal.JPG]

The interesting thing is, it only takes a mere 5 hits to bring the life steal to full bore. My old post about the repeated hits needed to step up through the graphical representation is now obsolete.

HOWEVER, with said 104% (plus equipment) running, I found that I still wasn't filling the orbs to the degree that I would expect. Considering my hits with Fury and a Full Frenzy were doing in excess of 2500 average, I shouldn't be budging from the top of my red orb... or at least filling it instantaneously?

Even on Hell difficulty, with this cut to 35ish percent... It seems "incongruent" with the actual replenishment of the red orb while in battle. It's just not filling fast enough?

Any other big wuffs out there noticing this?
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
I've heard that both Lower Resist and Conviction are capable of piercing immunities. Now this may only be a bug, or it may be changed in the final patch, but I was wondering if anyone has tested if Cold Mastery also can pierce immunity to cold?

Normally I wouldn't think so since Lower Res and Conviction have always worked differently (they directly subtract percentage units from the resists, while CM reduces a proportion of the current resist, meaning it cannot reduce resistances to 0 or below), but it seems CM was also revamped in v1.10, judging by the look I've had on it at slvl 1.

If CM could pierce immunities, it would make an all-Cold Sorceress an interesting choice.
In my mind, my dreams are real. No one's concerned about the way I feel.
It might be possible, but even if it does, don't get your hopes up for using the effect very often. From what I've seen using Conviction, a 140% Resistance reduction sometimes wipes Cold Immunity.
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
I think that's because monsters can get things like 300% resist cold or something... So cold mastery would reduce that at higher levels.
Nicodemus Phaulkon,Jul 6 2003, 07:12 PM Wrote:HOWEVER, with said 104% (plus equipment) running, I found that I still wasn't filling the orbs to the degree that I would expect.  Considering my hits with Fury and a Full Frenzy were doing in excess of 2500 average, I shouldn't be budging from the top of my red orb... or at least filling it instantaneously?

Even on Hell difficulty, with this cut to 35ish percent... It seems "incongruent" with the actual replenishment of the red orb while in battle.  It's just not filling fast enough?

umm... what wer you fighting?

In hell the leeching divisor is 3, which would make this amount of (104%) come out to 104/3=34% (fractions get dropped at this step).

Now the Global Physical Resist may have been removed, but the majority of the monsters in hell have some amount of Physical Resistance anyway.

On top of that there has been a new set of fields (Drain, Drain(N), Drain(H); percentages) added to replace the CanStealFrom (boolean) field that was used in v1.09. These new fields are for each difficulty level and control the percentage of damage that you can leach from a target.

Example sandmaggot1 has ResDm(H)=66 and Drain(H)=50. At 2500 output damage you would actually be doing 2500*(1-.66)=850. Of that amount the leech back would be 850*0.34*0.5=148.75.

I am not sure of what kind of life your shapeshifter has but from the typical amounts that I have heard of for shapeshifters in hell this is ~150 leech back may not be enough to keep up with getting hit hard.
Nicodemus Phaulkon,Jul 6 2003, 11:12 PM Wrote:Even on Hell difficulty, with this cut to 35ish percent... It seems "incongruent" with the actual replenishment of the red orb while in battle.  It's just not filling fast enough?

Yes, I was having trouble keeping my life at decent levels with my barbarian... I was doing some test runs, and was doing about 1k-10k dual weilding damage... While I was able to damage and kill enemies, his life just kept dropping with him having 15% life leech. So I did some tests, and in theory I should get back about 300 life per hit back per hit; instead he leeches about 1/2 or 1/3 of that back.

Edit: Ah the new drain field modifier... I wouldn't be suprised if it was 50% or so for all monsters in hell. That would explain it. =\
Yes, I have noticed that my life leech isn't filling up as quickly as would be expected with Feral Rage and Hunger. I suspect it has to do with massive physical damage resistance or somehow a LOT more monsters are unleechable (which I certainly hope not since this would be a TERRIBLE way to try and limit leeching... it would render so many SKILLS worthless in addition to gear).
-TheDragoon