Changes between 1.10s and 1.10
It doesn't look like anyone has started a "comprehensive list of changes between 1.10s and 1.10" thread, yet, so I'll start one. This'll give everyone a place to post their observations so that we don't have twenty different threads running on game minutia. As they say on Dragnet, "just the facts." Please try to restrain yourself regarding editorial comments on gameplay here and instead post them in other threads. Hopefully, this thread can be used as a simple resource for people wondering about what changes 1.10 brings.

Unfortunately, as I would like to finish Irene's adventures before risking the patch upgrade, I haven't tried 1.10, yet. Some questions I have for others here to check out, though (and I'll check some of these out when I can) are:

1. Does CE still scale with the number of players in the game?
2. Has the 'Delirium' curse changed?
3. If you drink two antidote or thawing potions in a row, do your resistances go back down their base vlues?
4. Is the Zeal bug fixed?
5. Has the Bone Armor synergy been fixed such that Bone Wall and Bone Prison give +15% bonus to damage absorption instead of a straight +15 damage absorption?
6. Have they improved Diablo at all in 1.10, or is he still a patsy?

That's a start anyway. Go ahead and list anything that you've found.

Well, OK, there are two items that supposedly have changed between 1.10s and 1.10 according to the Arreat Summit:

1. The skill levels on 'Call to Arms' have been reduced.
2. Bramble's bonus to poison damage has been reduced.
* Cold Mastery still doesn't pierce immunities (I haven't tested yet if it reduces resistances at all), and since it uses the same kind of properties as the new item ones (unique jewel), it should apply to them as well.

* Frozen Orb now explodes directly when hitting something solid (like 1.09 again).

* FoH's "undead/daemon piercing" is still only applied to the bolts, which only hit undead.

* FoH's bolts go through everything. Maybe only display bug?!

* The Paladin's individual resist auras now has 1% per real skillpoint to max resist, and passive bonus of 1% per every other skillpoint (so 20 in Resist Lightning would boost your max lightning resist to 85, and 95 when you have the aura activated).

* Vengeance's +10% resist synergies(Resist Lightning/Cold/Fire) changed from +6% all, to +10% to the single one. A 45% reduction.

Salvation synergy reduced to +2% to all.

* Blessed Aim gives +5% ar per real skillpoint as passive bonus.

* Zeal bug *fixed* by making multi-hit skills (it affects all attack skills though) uninteruptable: Jab, Strafe & Zeal. The expansion chars multi-hit skills were ignored, like most of the rest of their skills. <_<

* Strafe: no longer uses Multi-Shot missiles, instead new ones called strafearrow/bolt......which are a 100% copy of the multi ones. :huh:

With: 450 dex, 17-49 bow & slvl 20, damage shows as 82-238. normal attack shows 93-269 & Multi-Shot 69-201.

Says 3/4 damage in the skill info, and for Lightning Bolt as well.

It now has a min number of missiles shot at 2+level/4.

info in [brackets] is what it was before.

* Cold Mastery has piercing of 20% [5] at level 1, +5% [3] per level afterwards.

* Static Field's "Minimum Damage" (Param 3) changed from 1 to 0. I'm not sure if that's used at all though.

* Iron Maiden should returns 2.5x more damage than before vs players and "other" (I suppose it's act bosses/champs/etc?).

* All Druid summons get 5% resist all per level, with a cap of 85.

* Taunt's ar penalty changed from plain to percent reduction. It might of been bugged all along in that regard?

* Bone Armour should still have bugged synergies. Or it's intentionally supposed to be that way, and the description wasn't updated?

* Phoenix Strike gets +25% ar per charge-up.

* Nihlathak's CE's range changed from constant 2 yards to (8+level/2)/3*2 with a max of 15.

* Charge got back its use sound and doesn't freeze you when holding the attack button.

You still freeze in place when trying to charge when under hit/block recovery (eventhough it's supposed to be uninteruptable), and trying to charge with no mana makes you freeze in place and position (maybe it was like that before too, never used it much).

* Meditation's skill effect is no longer immediate (to prevent super healing Prayer synergy exploit?).
Bramble's poison damage bonus was nerfed from 69-207% to 25-50%.

Call to Arm's skill bonuses have indeed been lowered.

Crescent Moon's CTC Static Field was nerfed from 20% to 7% and its ED was dropped from 220-260% to 180-220%.

Delirium's Confuse CTC was nerfed from 33% to 11%, Terror from 20% to 14% and Mind Blast from 10% to 6%.

Those are the only changes to runewords that I see. Uniques were unchanged except (apparently) the colour of Tyrael's Might. Set items were unchanged.

My file of differences is around 900 KB in size, so it's going to take a while to sort through it.
Here's a couple of tidbits that I got off a couple of excellent Amazon Basin threads:

1. CE and Death Sentry no longer scale with the number of players in the game. However, Zath points out, " Remember that monster health should be increasing by +50% per additional player in game now, so the non-scaling Corpse Explosion may not be such a bad nerf. Even on playerse 8 monsterse will only get 4.5x their normal health. I think that's more than a fair change already." Plus, the global physical resist has been removed. So, it sounds like CE is more powerful in 1.10 than it was in 1.10, but not nearly as overpowered as it was in 1.10s. Death Sentry now does 40-80% of the monster's base damage instead of the 10-25% scaling damage it did before.

2. The Zeal bug seems to be fixed, but fend doesn't seem to be fixed.

3. Among the skill damage changes listed in the thread linked to above is the line: "Charged Bolt: Major damage increase at high levels (from level 23 and up)". I see a charged bolt sorceress in my future.
The damage formula has changed quite a bit but I haven't been able to figure out what it is yet. From an experiment with a dexazon I know off-weapon ED is not superpowered like it was in the beta, i.e. it does not form a new multiplier. Still, the damage formula is very different from 1.09.

My thrower is somehow doing 5.1k max double throw damage and 7.6k with my might merc. I've been running the numbers in various ways but I don't see how to get that high of a number. I'm considering only my cruel stygian pilum which does 81-291 damage. I have +62 max damage coming from belt, armor, and charms. I have 171 dex, 49% ED from armor, and 158% ED from throwing mastery. I have double swing maxed which gives a 160% ED synergy bonus to double throw. If I calculate as in 1.09 I would expect to be doing (291 + 62) * (1 + 1.71 + 0.49 + 1.58 + 1.6), which would give a max damage of 2252, far to low. I conjecture that the 160% synergy is a new multiplier, i.e. I suspect the damage should be (291 + 62)*(1 + 1.71 + 0.49 + 1.58)*(1 + 1.6), which gives a max damage of 4387. The amount of elemental damage on this character is roughly 200, so again this number is too low by around 500.

The very large boost from the might aura (a 50% increase in actual damage) is hard to account for.
Quote:I conjecture that the 160% synergy is a new multiplier, i.e. I suspect the damage should be (291 + 62)*(1 + 1.71 + 0.49 + 1.58)*(1 + 1.6)

:o

I wonder if Charge gets the same, the damage will be insane with its 20% per level ones (up to 40 points too!).

BTW, all throwing weapons (except for Ama ones) get 75% ed from dex and str, not 100% from dex. Or that might only be when you melee with them?

Edit > Using the last formula you mentioned, and guessing you have 130 str(with using 75% for str/dex bonus) I get 4.9k max damage without elemental damage, close enough?

Adding in 240% ed(level 20 Might) to the last step (synergy) gives 9.4k and middle one 7.1k.

With 150% ed (I have no idea what level his aura might be) to the last step (synergy part) gives 9.4k and middle one 7.7k.
adamantine,Oct 29 2003, 03:52 AM Wrote::o

I wonder if Charge gets the same, the damage will be insane with its 20% per level ones (up to 40 points too!).

BTW, all throwing weapons (except for Ama ones) get 75% ed from dex and str, not 100% from dex. Or that might only be when you melee with them?

Edit > Using the last formula you mentioned, and guessing you have 130 str(with using 75% for str/dex bonus) I get 4.9k max damage without elemental damage, close enough?

Adding in 240% ed(level 20 Might) to the last step (synergy) gives 9.4k and middle one 7.1k.

With 150% ed (I have no idea what level his aura might be) to the last step (synergy part) gives 9.4k and middle one 7.7k.
I think I have 138 str (118 for arreat's, +20 from arreat's). The 75/75 split explains some incorrect calculations. But if you're getting 4.9k max without elemental damage that is almost undoubtedly correct. I have 177 poison dmg small and a bit from ravenfrost making almost exactly 200 from elemental sources. Takign into account the 75/75 split I'm getting (291 + 62)*(1 + (1.38 + 1.71)*3/4 + 1.58 + 0.49) * (1 + 1.6) = 4944; adding the 177 poison gives a number extremely close to what my character screen reads. If my merc is giving 270% enhanced damage from his might aura (it seems high for 1.09, but maybe it got boosted in 1.10; he has +1 skills) then if I add this in with the other non-synergy off-weapon ED I get the value 7.4k, which matches the listed amount after adding 200 from elemental sources. Now I feel confident to conjecture that the damage formula is

(weapon damage + off-weapon +min/max damage) * (1 + off-weapon non-synergy enhanced damage) * (1 + synergy enhanced damage).

This at least seems to work for double throw. Someone should check with frenzy, e.g. to see how robust the proposed formula is.

edit: slight miscalculation, should be correct now
edit2: of course the formula doesn't take into account ED to demons/undead; I would be very interested to know where this gets added in to the above formula.
Quote:edit2: of course the formula doesn't take into account ED to demons/undead; I would be very interested to know where this gets added in to the above formula.

In 1.09, it would just be added like your other off-weapon ED sources, regardless of where the demon/undead damage is. I don't think this was actually changed for the beta (and thus for the final).
OK, I couldn't wait any longer, so I downloaded the patch and tested three things:

Quote:2. Has the 'Delirium' curse changed?

Nope! There's no new "stun" effect that Grizabella could see. I'm not sure what Frazier was smoking. The Delirium curse works exactly as it did before -- it turns you into an undead stygian doll. The only difference is that the chances of casting Confuse and other effects has been reduced.

Quote:3. If you drink two antidote or thawing potions in a row, do your resistances go back down their base values?

Thankfully, no. This has been fixed. Your resistances stay at their +50% value. They don't go up again, but they don't go down anymore, either. I assume that the clock gets reset. This is a small but good thing.

Quote:5. Has the Bone Armor synergy been fixed such that Bone Wall and Bone Prison give +15% bonus to damage absorption instead of a straight +15 damage absorption?

Well, they "fixed" it alright in that they decided to make the bug a "feature." Bone Armor's description now says it gets a straight +15 damage absorption from Bone Wall and Bone Prison instead of +15% like it did in 1.10s. This means that you get more absorption for putting points into Bone Wall and Bone Prison rather than Bone Armor itself, which only gives you +10 per level. That's kind of wacky, but doing it this way means that you can get useful Bone Prisons and Walls as well as power up your Bone Spirits at the same time. *shrug*.
MongoJerry,Oct 29 2003, 01:14 AM Wrote:"just the facts."
v1.10 release, two accounts, fresh chars on ladder...

rushing Andarial by party method, twinkee standing behind wall: still works

rushing horadric cubes (by giving away, or by getting more partied): still works

rushing claw viper darkness lift quest by carry-along (party member sits in town): still works

giving away horadric malus to level one character: still works

giving away claw viper amulet to level one character: still works

gifting common waypoints: still works

I'm still in act 2, but I'll report on Duriel staff mules and Tyriel sleaze when I get to them (not to mention summoner portal bypass to canyon waypoint acquisition). Conveniently my test rushee on our second cd-key account is a Sorc intended to become an Enchantress :) Judging by the ladder rankings, anyone who wanted such an Enchantress could have made her (50s for build completion) on the first day. Indeed, when I checked, I noticed a surplus of Sorcs on the high end of the ladder (but I rather suspect those are FO sorcs or something).

I'm curious if the new Paly single element resist aura bonus (increase max resist) works for party members and minions? (I've not played single player at all today, just a few hours of ladder).
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits
Crystalion,Oct 29 2003, 11:57 AM Wrote:I'm curious if the new Paly single element resist aura bonus (increase max resist) works for party members and minions? (I've not played single player at all today, just a few hours of ladder).
Well, it could of been changed, but in 1.10 beta resist auras boosted any minions(ok, only tried necro ones) resists over max. Mousing over them it said ** immune.

Quote:If my merc is giving 270% enhanced damage from his might aura

240% is level 20 Might, all mercs except act 3's can't gain naturally higher than level 20.

Edit > Hmm, I'm not getting your results.

43% ed Seraph Rod 64-77
+345% Concentration
+520% Charge
110 str
Nothing else

Only gives me correct damage with:

weapon damage*(1+synergies+aura+str/100) = 688-827, same as on my character screen.

I'll try out the other damage mods with this too now, and 75/75 bonus weapons.
adamantine,Oct 29 2003, 06:43 AM Wrote:240% is level 20 Might, all mercs except act 3's can't gain naturally higher than level 20.

Edit > Hmm, I'm not getting your results.

43% ed Seraph Rod 64-77
+345% Concentration
+520% Charge
110 str
Nothing else

Only gives me correct damage with:

=weapon damage*(1+synergies+aura+str/100)

Are you sure about the aura levels? I thought act2 mercs had their auras topped off at around 30 at level 98. This is what the dii site states. It says here that a level 70 merc has level 20 might. Mine has +1 skills. Maybe the aura is even higher in 1.10?

I did some further testing and I can say that both frenzy and double swing are not getting a new multiplier with synergies. :blink: It appears that the formula is more complicated than I thought, where synergy ED can form a new multiplier depending on the skill. I wonder why double throw gets it but not other skills. :unsure:
There are changes in strafe: No matter the number of targets, it allways uses its 10 missiles. The feeling is the same as older strafazons in large parties. Kind of difficult to get used to because the continuos strafe-lock, but deadly against single monsters bcause all missiles seem to be hitting. The screen also reports 3/4 damage, although that's what it did in 1.10s.
[Image: 37671-NicatorSig0326.jpg]

Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.
- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Quote: There are changes in strafe: No matter the number of targets, it allways uses its 10 missiles. The feeling is the same as older strafazons in large parties. Kind of difficult to get used to because the continuos strafe-lock, but deadly against single monsters bcause all missiles seem to be hitting. The screen also reports 3/4 damage, although that's what it did in 1.10s.

According to Ruvanal in this AB thread, strafe now has a minimum of 2+lvl/4 arrows, but it does have both the 3/4 damage penalty and the nextHit and nextDelay.
Quote:Are you sure about the aura levels? I thought act2 mercs had their auras topped off at around 30 at level 98. This is what the dii site states. It says here that a level 70 merc has level 20 might. Mine has +1 skills. Maybe the aura is even higher in 1.10?

Zath made a list of the maximum skill levels in this AB thread. Act 2 mercs never get a base aura slvl above 20.
adeyke,Oct 29 2003, 02:07 PM Wrote:strafe now has a minimum of 2+lvl/4 arrows, but it does have both the 3/4 damage penalty and the nextHit and nextDelay.
When I first read that, I said "meh".

Now I realise that a level 30 Strafeazon fires a minimum of 9 arrows (capped of course by the maximum Strafe CAN fire). Holy crap, who thought that up, that's insane!

Has Strafe's *maximum* number of arrows been increased? And how many arrows does it use up per "attack"?

A strafing burizon would be slow enough that the nexthit/nextdelay thing wouldn't bother them, right?

*runs screaming back into the thread*

I bet that's SKILL LEVEL divided by four, not player level. Stupid me.
I was using a slvl 28 strafe, and 8/2 strafazon. I couldn't notice there were 9 instead of 10 arrows. But the damage (I tested it again) seems to be continuous; doesn't look like there is a NextHit nor NextDelay making missiles 'miss' the target.
[Image: 37671-NicatorSig0326.jpg]

Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.
- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Anybody know if BH and Concentration still work together? Some relatively new but nice sounding guys who were making an all-pally party wanted to know and I wasn't sure. One of them put a point in BH and Concentration and the stat screen didn't indicate that Concentration helped, but I know the stat screen is often wrong in these kinds of cases.
Quote:Anybody know if BH and Concentration still work together?

Yes, my Hammerdin is just as powerful as before.

It does get only half of the stated bonus though.
adamantine,Oct 29 2003, 07:43 PM Wrote:Yes, my Hammerdin is just as powerful as before.

It does get only half of the stated bonus though.
More powerful, actually. His syns have very high %s.

Does ANYONE know if the ED bug was fixed?

:ph34r:
Great truths are worth repeating:

"It is better to live in the corner of a roof
Than in a house shared with a contentious woman." -Proverbs 21:9

"It is better to live in the corner of a roof
Than in a house shared with a contentious woman." -Proverbs 25:24