Changes between 1.10s and 1.10
Heiho,

seems that noone cares about Necromancers here ... ^^

So here is a list of changes and nochanges from beta to final:

- CE works now as in 1.09 (or the nerf is so similar that it looks like that...)
- Revives have full life when casted (was already fixed in 2nd beta)
- PN now increases its damage beyond sLvl28 by 14, not by 17
- Clay Golem: Now has base 25% physical resistance, 20% lightning resistance, and 50% cold resistance in all difficulties
- exdtended CG HP formula:
(X + (X * 35 / 100 * (slvl - 1))) * (100+ (GM) + (blvl BG) * 5) / 100
X = 100 Norm/175 NM/275 Hell
slvl = slvl CG _with_ boni via items
blvl = sLvl BG _without_ boni via items (life synergy via Blood Golem)
- Blood Golem: Now has base 20% magic resistance and 20% poison resistance in all difficulties
- Iron Golem: Now has 50% lightning resistance and 100% poison resistance in all difficulties
- Fire Golem: Now has 100% fire resistance in all difficulties
- thus the FG's fire absorb counts only vs foeish Conviction/LR
- BW/BP count as friendly, but are still ununsummonable^^
- still some monsters are immune to AI affecting spells, they're now recognizable for the code freaks via an entry 'boss=1', which classifies them as champs/bosses in the way AI affecting spells work (and also, but that's slightly OT, this results in another treatment in the damage they receive when punched with Crushing Blow equipment)
- still SR works with Golems
- still LR does _not_ lower magical resistance
- still FC Malus wearing complete TO, also there is no difference in moving speed between walk and run (so save your stamina and hold up your defense and _walk_^^)
- it seems like LT works with ranged attacks now!
- now it is official that the synergies via BW/BP give better BA than pushing BA itself
- like in the beta it seems that BA works before damge reduction via equipment.

To be honest, it is a selfquote from a posting I did in the AB thread where the Necro 1.10 changes were summarized ;-)
http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/in...showtopic=28857
so long ...
librarian

Check out some peanuts or the
Diablo II FAQtoids
current status: re-thinking about HoB
----still FC Malus wearing complete TO, also there is no difference in moving speed between walk and run (so save your stamina and hold up your defense and _walk_^^)----

I am a little confused by what this means =) Someone clarify? :P
Heiho,

while transformed into a vampire you don't have the Fast Cast of your complete gear, seems that you have only the FC of a vampire monster. I don't know the exact number.

Also you move like a vampire, and there is no difference between your moving speed while running or walking mode is activated. So walking is to prefer, because you're defense is set to zero while running (IIRC your blocking rate is 1/3 while running and full while walking, too). So it is just more safe to walk, and because you don't have another speed while running as a vampire it would be nonsense to have running activated.

Maybe moving around transformed negotiate the running malus in terms of defense anyway, I don't know that. So much to test and only such a little amount of time dedicated to the game ...
so long ...
librarian

Diablo II FAQtoids
Quote:- CE works now as in 1.09 (or the nerf is so similar that it looks like that...)

Could someone explain this a little more?
CE (corpse explosion) worked really well in v1.10s, I'd like to understand the differences before I build a Necro Ladder Character.
Just some things I noticed:

- in 1.10s and before, I'd sometimes click an item to pick it up, and then open my inventory after clicking, so the item appears as my cursor, and isn't directly placed into my inventory, which was usefull when an item was near the edge of the screen. The 1.10 readme mentions something about improved inventory code; however, you now have to have your inventory open before clicking an item, if you want it to appear as your cursor. I doubt someone actually cares, but was quite annoying to me, in the beginning.

- Terror curse duration in the description isn't adjusted by the difficulty level, however, the actual duration is.

- Life Tapping boss monsters doesn't seem to work very well, my Mercenary hardly gained any life, although he was doing around 1000 damage per hit.

- It seems Confuse cannot be overwritten by other AI curses, although I haven't checked Attract, because Attract stinks and I won't put a skill point into it :P

That's all I can think of right now.
The changes made today on the AS are interesting:

1) With multiple corpses, the one with the most valuable items (in gold) is saved into your next game.
I think this is pretty dumb. I liked it better when they just said that your first corpse carried over. Come to think of it, I liked it just fine in 1.09.

2) Barbarian double swing cost even less mana than before. Now, at level 7 it costs 0 mana, at level 13 it costs -1, at level 17 it costs -2.
Pretty cool, kind of like having a triumphant weapon, only you get your + mana every time you swing. If you just hold the shift key and whiff, can you regen mana?
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
Kartoffelsalat,Nov 5 2003, 09:03 PM Wrote:Barbarian double swing cost even less mana than before.  Now, at level 7 it costs 0 mana, at level 13 it costs -1, at level 17 it costs -2
Display error, most likely. A quick SP v1.10 test shows no mana being gained at the -2 level (-act 5 char with pumped double swing; low mana pool therefore slow mana regen; acquire potential melee target; wait for mana regen "pulse"; swing & kill target; observe no mana gain; wait for next pulse; see display updated with only the +1 from the regen pulse).
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits
It's not a display error

It became free much quicker than I was expecting

Level 7 sounds right
Quote:Could someone explain this a little more?
CE (corpse explosion) worked really well in v1.10s, I'd like to understand the differences before I build a Necro Ladder Character.
Post Settings

Certainly. In 1.10s, CE was widely known to be super uber powerful, because its explosion damage was calculated based on the hit points of the monster -- no matter how many players were in the game. In essense, its power scaled with the number of players in the game, and therefore it was practically as easy to play a CE necro in 8-player mode as it was in 1-player mode.

Now, CE's power has been (I believe) properly reduced and yet it is still a very powerful and useful skill. Its damage is now based on the base life of the monster (as if the game were set on 1-player) no matter how many people are in the game. This may feel like a major nerf to someone who played the beta, but in fact, CE still got majorly boosted in 1.10 from 1.09. Why? For two reasons. First, there's no longer a global 50% to physical resists in 1.10. Second, life scales much differently in 1.10. I understand that in 1.09, life was basically proportional to the number of players in the game (please feel free to correct me -- I didn't play much 1.09) whereas in 1.10, monster life increases by 50% of the base life for every extra player in the game. Therefore, in an 8-player game, a maxed CE can take off about 22% of the life all monsters on the screen which is a *lot* of damage. It just won't be the godly damage you were used to in the beta.

Cheers!
Brista,Nov 5 2003, 09:36 PM Wrote:It's not a display error

It became free much quicker than I was expecting

Level 7 sounds right
I'm not sure I made myself understood. I tested it. The negative mana displayed for the skill did *not* result in a gain of mana by using the skill on a monster successfully. Further, skills.txt still lists "0" as the "min mana" for the skill. If you are going to reply "It's not a display error" in contradiction to reported test results it would be helpful to hear what you did to lead you to this conclusion so we can reconcile this apparent contradiction.

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

Quote:One huge change from 1.10s is that Taunt and Howl no longer stacks with Battle Cry or any necro curses. War Cries now overwrite Curses (except attract) like in 1.09. alas.

Note that Taunt also overwrites itself now, which means you can taunt a monster more than once. Previously, if a monster was distracted while hurrying towards you there was nothing you could do about it; now you can taunt it again.
Flymo,Nov 6 2003, 03:41 PM Wrote:Note that Taunt also overwrites itself now, which means you can taunt a monster more than once.  Previously, if a monster was distracted while hurrying towards you there was nothing you could do about it; now you can taunt it again.
That is excellent news. It will make using taunt to deal with ranged attackers in hard to path areas (for the AI) a little easier.

I don't have a problem with taunt and battle cry not stacking up. As I see it, taunt is for the minions, battle cry is for the bosses/ super uniques, and lifetap charges are for the otherwise non-leachable act bosses.
Kartoffelsalat: No, this wasn't changed, it was a bugfix: for each swing the mana cost was deducted. Frenzy's 3 (aka 6) was changed to 1.5 (aka 3).

AssA:
Quote:The 1.10 readme mentions something about improved inventory code; however, you now have to have your inventory open before clicking an item, if you want it to appear as your cursor. I doubt someone actually cares, but was quite annoying to me, in the beginning.

This is most likely so that processing doesn't have to be used twice (once when you target the item, once more when you pick up the item), now it just takes the first state directly (open inventory or not), thus reducing load. I too find it annoying though, like 90% of all other lag fixes.
Combat uses stamina now
You sure? I thought it just stopped stamina regeneration?

That's good though, to balance those overpowered (runeword / elite unique / blizzard mistake combination) warriors!
MongoJerry,Nov 6 2003, 01:37 AM Wrote:First, there's no longer a global 50% to physical resists in 1.10.
Hi,

I had to register for the sole purpose of thanking you for finally confirming this for me. I've seen allusions to it but NOWHERE could I find it stated outright. Thanks a bunch!!

par~
It's definitely used up my stamina while fighting - I've seen it go from a bit of red to none at all

However it's very wierdly implemented

First off the amount is so trivial it really only effects starting characters

Next it only seems to use stamina if you're in run mode
Flymo,Nov 6 2003, 03:41 PM Wrote:Note that Taunt also overwrites itself now
This inspired me to test Terror... which also overwrites itself (you can tell by the duration/expiration of the curse visual lasting longer).

What I am seeing with Terror now, in addition to what I saw reported-often-in-beta about it not kicking-in right away (next time monster makes a decision, seemingly), is that after they "get stuck" and make a normal decision, but the "fear aura" (if that is what it is now) is still showing on them, they can again make a "fearful" decision (next time they make one).

You can see this behavior pretty clearly with Zombies in blood moor because when they "run away" they actually speed up noticeably.

I strongly suspect this means that a long duration Terror can be "re-activated", for example, by a Barbarian Leap.

This also raises the question of whether Taunt works in a similar fashion (it did not last time I checked, but I think that was pre-release).

Heiho,

please don't make the mistake of so many players to think there is no physical resistance in Hell anymore just because the global 50% is removed. A lot of monsters have still physical resistancies, varying from ~30 till ~70%.
so long ...
librarian

Diablo II FAQtoids
Bhima,Nov 5 2003, 04:43 PM Wrote:Could someone explain this a little more? 
Heiho,

got Balkoth's table here:

Quote:CE in 1.09:

Code:
ppl   Verhältnis CE-Dam./
       max MonsterHPs
1         60-100%
2         30-50%
3         20-33%
4         16-26%
5         13-22%
6         11-19%