Are un-ID'd items dupable in 1.10 ladder?
While I don't follow the ever-decaying economy all that closely, I had been under the impression that un-ID'd items were legit. A brief web search doesn't appear to say otherwise either. But I see an offer of "soj+" for an ethereal 6OS Colossus Blade, whisper and make the game, and the dude offers me the stone, an unid Shako, and an unid Tal Armor. Sure reeks of dupe to me, but I went ahead and had Larzuk make the blade, and made the trade. Figured that if the items disappear, I could always rush a socket quest in an hour or two, so what the heck? Maybe the guy has more money than brains. Quit the game, exited, restarted, everything's still there. Traded off the Shako, which I didn't need, for a SS+Bonehew, which I did, partly because I was feeling kinda dirty, but also because I wanted to ID the Shako to make sure it didn't explode or anything. Nope. No explosions. All seems well.

So are people's beliefs about unid's just wrong? That would really suck. That I may have accidently participated personally doesn't bother me as much as the fact that it wouldn't really leave me much to believe in. I liked to think that even though runes had obviously been duped to high heaven, unid items were relatively safe. But if they're not, that pretty much leaves your closest circle of friends as the only reliable source. And while I know some (apparently) trustworthy people online, I don't know many that have extra Stormshields lying about. Bleh... Is it too much to assume that the guy just had more money than brains/patience, as I had been hoping?
Unidentified items are just as easily dupable as identified items.
I'd hazard that ethereal 6 socket Colossus Blades are considerably more rare than Shako or stormshield.

This is, of course, based on the overwhelming evidence of my own personal experience ;)

Shako/Stormshield and even the SOJ can reasonably be expected to drop from farming Meph.

And Aello, I believe you when you say that unid'd items are just as easy to dupe. But I _thought_ that neither one has been successfully duped very much in 1.10..... ?
i'd hazard a guess that there are much fewer dupes in 1.10 ladder than non-ladder, but that isn't really saying much. i've got no hard data as to what the numbers of dupes is though.
Something like a 3-socket eth CB I'd believe, but 6? That's just an ethereal put through Larzuk. On the other hand, I did see a trade shortly thereafter where someone was demanding similar value from an ethereal Berzerker Axe. Didn't see whether he actually got the trade though.

While the mere possibility of this being legit somewhat comforts me, I'm still uneasy. In 1.09 days, I did many, many Hell Meph/Baal runs with a pretty decent MF barb (dual Silence zerk axes, Wealth, Shako, and similar gear). I never once found an SOJ or Tal armor, and only once got a Shako. That probably encompassed 2-3 months of regular running - an hour or two a day, at least. Has the restructuring of mlvl/alvl/ilvl in 1.10 really changed things so drastically? Again, I'm not intimately familiar with the economy - this is my first Realms char since that barb in 1.09 more than a year ago.
Keep in mind people who do boss runs and end up with lots of items like tal armors shakos ect. only do just that: kill bosses. Bosses aren't really good about dropping normal ethereal items, so to get them people have to go back to people like us who actually play the game. Consider it poetic justice that we play the game normally and still end up with many of the boss runner items. :lol:
Yup... you're right. Make sure you kill stuff with 0% mf, so as to maximize normal items drops :D
Actually Todd, you got ripped off for that Colossus Blade.

Other than a Berserker Axe, it's a perfect BOTD weapon and as such is worth multiple sojs.

I've seen people offering 3-6 sojs for an eth Berserker Axe based on whether it's superior +ed% or lack thereof.

Should give you a good idea just how many sojs & tal armors are dropping nowadays.
There are very few item dupes on ladder. Some items were duplicated in the first ladder dupe (the corpse dupe) but that was very small-scale. There is no public dupe, and therefore IF there is a private dupe, it is probably insignificant. The only things that are likely to be dupes on Ladder are runes.