Changes between 1.10s and 1.10
adamantine,Nov 1 2003, 03:07 PM Wrote:Haven't seen it mentioned here: the repair recipes now restores charges and quantity as well.
Excellent. Since it changed I have to ask: does it also repair ethereal? (very relevant if the item with charges is ethereal--come to think of it, I wonder if shops will, unlike in v1.10s, repair charges on an ethereal?)

I noticed the skill (tree) text for enchant says it does 1/3rd damage for ranged (vs. melee). I'm wondering:
1) did it say that before but I missed it?
2) is it true?
3) is it done properly, i.e. only on the added enchant fire damage, or messily (e.g. 1/3rd of all final damage, or 1/3 of all fire damage)?

Naturally if no one knows I'll eventually test it myself, but I thought I'd ask to avoid duplication of effort.
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits
There are actually 4 recipes:

Ort + weapon -> repair/replenish
Ral + armour -> repair/replenish
Ort + chippy -> repair/replenish/recharge
Ral + armour -> repair/replenish/recharge

None of them work on ethereals.

The 1/3 damage thing was listed in 1.09 as well. AFAIK, it works as it's supposed, but I'm entirely unsure about that.
The blind chance for Ravens using this formula from AS for chance to blind:

Chance = 50 + (Attacker Level + (Bonus * 4) - Defender Level) * 5

The bonus looking at monprop is -1.

For the ulvl (character level) of the Ravens as what is said in calc2 for the skill:

player's character level + modified skill level - 2

Which gives this, it doesn't take into account blocking and the chance to hit, of which I have no idea what their AR is, all I see is base 100 and 15 afterwards, which should mean the increase in percentage, but there isn't a starting value anywhere.

[Image: blind_chance_ravens.gif]

Edit > So I forgot to add + to the last numbers, but that should be obvious.
Repair ethereal with charges: from what I heard, nope.

Enchant: Says it adds 72-106, my Rogue had 389-386, then 461-492, adding 72-194.

I've got a staff with 8-45, then 177-294, adding 169-249.

Restarted and tried enchanted with a 1-handed and 2-handed weapon, same results. The displayed wasn't as much different from what I got then though (having less +skills), 35-45 displayed and 68-90 on the melee weapon.
Here's something I don't remember ever seeing mentioned. I went to imbue a Partizan today in Normal Difficulty and when it came out, it was a Poleaxe. Does this mean that the imbues can only be used to make Normal/Exceptional/Elite weapons in Normal/Nightmare/Hell?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just noticed that my Partizan is still in my horadric cube... I must have accidentally picked up a Poleaxe from the ground at some point and thought it was my Partizan. :(
-TheDragoon
Sounds like an appropriate moment to remind you that for a chipped diamond and a handful of gold you can potentially have a Savage Bill/Partizan/Battle Scythe of the Leech or of Alacrity

The recipe is chip diamond + kris + belt + staff, all of the items other than the chip can be bought cheaply in Act 2 Normal

Savage is guaranteed, weapon type is a Normal or Exceptional polearm (except Grim Scythe and maybe another - I forget). Suffix happens 50% and I've found leech comes up quite often
Quote:weapon type is a Normal or Exceptional polearm (except Grim Scythe and maybe another - I forget).

Bec-de-Corbin also can't result from that recipe.
One minor change to Act V: Cain's been moved to next to the stash from his position way over by Qual-Kehk. That's a nice change.
Brista,Nov 2 2003, 09:48 PM Wrote:Sounds like an appropriate moment to remind you that for a chipped diamond and a handful of gold you can potentially have a Savage Bill/Partizan/Battle Scythe of the Leech or of Alacrity

The recipe is chip diamond + kris + belt + staff, all of the items other than the chip can be bought cheaply in Act 2 Normal

Savage is guaranteed, weapon type is a Normal or Exceptional polearm (except Grim Scythe and maybe another - I forget). Suffix happens 50% and I've found leech comes up quite often
Not just chipped diamonds, any of the 5 'sizes' will work. With the currently available formulas this may actually be the best use of the flawed diamonds since there are some good uses for the chips without upgrading them.

The polearms that can result from this formula are
Bardiche
Voulge
Scythe
Poleaxe
Halberd
War Scythe
Lochaber Axe
Bill
Battle Scythe
Partizan
with an equal chance of it being any one of these. (from a disscussion with Isolde at PK).
Ruvanal,Oct 30 2003, 03:38 PM Wrote:
Quote:Act 3 Gidbinn reward of free Act 3 merc for clvl 1 char: no problem (got charged bolt guy and he counts as a major twink)... note that Gidbinn ring reward was not claimed (saving for higher clvl--is that necessary?)
I would say so. I do not have the number available right now, but the quest were set to generate the items at a particular ilvl or the clvl if it was lower.
I would say no. Got today pretty nice ring from Ormus by my clvl 1 rushee (mule, actually), with life leech, resist and something else. It required lvl 10 to wear, and it definitely was not ilvl 1.

-Epi.
What is it I am missing here?
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
That is a handy little tool, and I have a Hunter Druid who will make use of it. :)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
I am just a little confused on synergies, does it give synergies for every REAL skill point added or does a item with +skils also give you synergies?
Velius,Nov 4 2003, 06:35 AM Wrote:I am just a little confused on synergies, does it give synergies for every REAL skill point added or does a item with +skils also give you synergies?
Only real skill points added count toward synergies. +skills items do not count for synergies.
Did the multiple chance to cast n items got fixed? I summoned a Valkyrie yesterday that was throwing novas and charged bolts like the world was going to end when hit.

Multiple +mana seems to be fixed, I've got a +1 ring and a +2 from a Tir and it seems like I get 3 points per kill.
Walkiry: That's just selective perception: your Valkyrie is getting hit a lot so they go off, sometimes they go off several times in a row (caused by randomization being partly based on position).

If they do go off all the time maybe something is bugged, I haven't used CTC items much in 1.10f.

Quote:Only real skill points added count toward synergies. +skills items do not count for synergies.

Except for Necro/Druid summoning tab, Prayer>Meditation/Cleansing, and Sorc masteries.

Could be a few more, in general if the skill does nothing except give a bonus to another skill, it's affected by +skills.
For Barbarians...

One huge change from 1.10s is that Taunt and Howl no longer stacks with Battle Cry or any necro curses. War Cries now overwrite Curses (except attract) like in 1.09. alas.
adamantine,Nov 4 2003, 04:23 PM Wrote:
Quote:+skills items do not count for synergies.
Except for Valkyrie, Necro/Druid summoning tab, Prayer>Meditation/Cleansing, and Sorc masteries.
I'm confused about the Valkyrie being listed in this group. I looked in v1.10 release skills.txt and see only .blvl references for the "synergies". Am I missing something?
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits
adamantine,Nov 4 2003, 04:23 PM Wrote:Except for Valkyrie, Necro/Druid summoning tab, Prayer>Meditation/Cleansing, and Sorc masteries.

Could be a few more, in general if the skill does nothing except give a bonus to another skill, it's affected by +skills.
Yes, but those aren't "synergies" per se. They're considered actual "skills," albeit passive ones. I think the original poster was asking about the new 1.10 synergies which do not work with +skills items. They are only calculated using one's "natural" points.
Crystalion: It seems my brain isn't as fast as my typing. :wacko:

MongoJerry: Yeah I know, but then it's always someone going in with "But what about summon synergies, or masteries?" "Yes, but I found some cases where this isn't right, like with Prayer and Skeletons".

So I wanted to spare those people from saying that.