Changes between 1.10s and 1.10
Crystalion,Oct 29 2003, 10:57 AM Wrote:v1.10 release, two accounts, fresh chars on ladder...
I have seen a couple of minor differences in rushing Act 2 quests but in general it is the same as beta (or easier)...

Early act 2 waypoint rushing: no problem.

Act 2 "lift darkness" rushing: no problem.

Act 2 multiple cubes, amulets, staff of kings via carry along (sitting in town): no problem.

Summoner quest carry-along: no problem.

No Summoner kill, no Duriel kill, Tyriel talk sleaze: no problem.

Act 3 +20 life quest for clvl 1 char: no problem.

Act 3 Gidbinn reward of free Act 3 merc for clvl 1 char: no problem (got charged bolt guy and he counts as a major twink)... note that Gidbinn ring reward was not claimed (saving for higher clvl--is that necessary?)

All in all the trendline so far is clear: anti-rushing was not treated as a serious problem for release. Sorry Ruvanal. I'll keep posting back as I verify more things (my goal is to take my rushee--a budding enchantress Sorc--into nightmare once she is 20, in order to hire a level 21 fire arrow rogue--prior to that she'll probably use act 3 mercs). Thus I combine my theoretical confirmation Ladder rush testing with practical utility. :)
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits
A lot of the Druid elemental skills changed values (the biggest change was the DOUBLING of the synergy for Armageddon) so I updated my elementalist calculator as best I could for the new info. :)

Nature's Storm
-TheDragoon
They're close, but don't take into account the increased shifts that skills got at 23 and 29. Armageddon shifts to 400 per slvl at 23, but it's only doing 300 on your's. Unfortunately I don't know how to read the skill info to give you the proper data. Fissure, volcano, and firestorm were changed too I think.

Molten boulder just sucks, sadly.
*Pren_LL-AB
USEast HC
Dark_Mutterings (Necromancer)
Doug_Winger (Wearbear)
Heroic career and 1.10 aspirations cut tragically short because NOBODY CAN DO ANYTHING WITH A 22.2K CONNECTION WHY DOES GOD HATE ME.
Do you mean the fire damage per second? That's the one thing I haven't checked just yet. The actual increase in Fire Damage (on the strikes) should be correct as I did check that data from the skills.txt file
-TheDragoon
HOLY CRAP. I just made a test druid to verify that I was correct, again, and the first amulet I gambled was the Nozokan Relic. What was the chance of that happening? o.O

Your value for slvl20 armageddon agrees with the LCS. But 21 doesn't
slvl21:
Your site: 3901-4681
In game: 4021-4828

Your site says 900-925 burn damage, in game says 901-925.

In game:

slvl22:
950-975
4136-4935

slvl23:
1005-1028
4427-5254

Your site:
950 to 975
4136 to 4935

1004 to 1029
4427 to 5254

Hm, recording the numbers now shows that you aren't off like I thought you were. The difference in the burn is so small it could just be rounding, and probably is. But slvl21 being off is very strange. I can't explain that.

Hm, I just checked. the LCS is showing different damage than the skill tree is. Char sheet shows lvl23 armageddon to be doing 5420 damage, skill tree shows differently. LCS issue it seems. slvl21 armageddon checks out on the skill tab.

Why is blizzard so incompetant?
*Pren_LL-AB
USEast HC
Dark_Mutterings (Necromancer)
Doug_Winger (Wearbear)
Heroic career and 1.10 aspirations cut tragically short because NOBODY CAN DO ANYTHING WITH A 22.2K CONNECTION WHY DOES GOD HATE ME.
Quote:All in all the trendline so far is clear: anti-rushing was not treated as a serious problem for release. Sorry Ruvanal.

I did not expect to be addressed even when I first posted on it. But if no one said anything then there absolutly would be no effort to address it either. The biggest safety in my opinion right now is wether there is a place to be rushed to or not for things like leveling. The item gathering exploits that you are looking at will not really have that major of an effect for quite some time and only if they really offer by far the best way to achive certain 'goals'. Most of the 'runs' that you invision would be done in private games and not end up disrupting the regular play of the bulk of the open type of games. This could not be said of the way 'rushing' was encroaching on every open game in the 1.09 version.

I also noted in about 10 minutes of looking at the files that there would be very little that would change with the 'rushing' techniques that you were looking at previously. Most of said changes would actually be due the changes of some fo the character skills which might in some cases change a little of the 'timing' of doing certain things.

Quote:Act 3 Gidbinn reward of free Act 3 merc for clvl 1 char: no problem (got charged bolt guy and he counts as a major twink)... note that Gidbinn ring reward was not claimed (saving for higher clvl--is that necessary?)
I would say so. I do not have the number available right now, but the quest were set to generate the items at a particular ilvl or the clvl if it was lower. You might try doing some searches at the Phrozen Keep to see if you can find some of the target ilvls for some of the quests. In which case you may want to save the ring rewards (act 1 and act 3) along with the class specific item reward from act 5 till you can get the maximum benefit from it.
I know the burning damage is off because of rounding (I never could find that ;) ) but the rest looks ok, right? :)
-TheDragoon
Found something interesting today. My new sorceress picked up, id'd, and started using some magic javelins -- Compact Javelin of Blight (+2 poison damage over 2 seconds, increased stack size) to be exact. She used up most of them and then visited Charsi to find out how much it would cost to repair/restock the javelins. She expected to have to pay out 200+ gold at least. Guess how much she had to pay? 1 gold. That's right, one gold. So I guess amazon starter javelins aren't the only ones that can be repaired for 1 gold. I wonder if all javelins are this way.
My small experience with javelins that had "replenishes quantity" was that one gold repaired them regardless of type. Your experience may mean all javelins.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
I'm not sure exactly what it means, but javelins (i.e. the specific base item, not the item type) in 1.10s had cost 12 and gamblecost 3012, while in 1.10 final, they have cost 5 and gamblecost 3005. I noticed this while combing through the differences in the text files between those two versions. Aside from the fix to the amazon bow socket inconsistency (now the individual amazon bows all have 5 as maximum), this was the only change to weapons.txt.

I'm not sure if or how that's related to what you found, though.
adeyke: The cost to repair is based on all javelins, the amount in this case for each javelin was less than 1 (if say, the repair cost is 1/10 of the full), so the stack amount * 0 = 0 increased to min cost of 1.

Edit > *just noticed jahcs' post*

This might be intentional since IIRC they can't get indestructable mod, thus this being counted as semi-indestructability?

Edit 2 >....Or not. According to itemstatcost that property should give an increased repair cost.
Saw a minor thing, FoH has gotten its damage synergy from holy shock bumped from 5% to 7% damage per level in hs.
Hi
One minor note when testing mercs the merc needs to be hired at 1.10 since I had a vigor act 2 merc in 1.09 left over from a previous patch, it was on a mule so I am not 100% sure.
41 dwarf priest stormrage Perchard
low lvl undead warlock terenas Slyshadow
Ruvanal,Oct 30 2003, 10:38 PM Wrote:I did not expect to be addressed even when I first posted on it.
Well, when my Assassin was level 27 and grabbed the River of Flame waypoint I decided to take a "break" to rush a new char to act 4, for the purpose of carry-along testing act 4 Hellforge through act 5 Baal. That project is complete (with the expected result: I now have a level one character in nightmare who has claimed normal hellforge, socket quest, anya resist reward, anya class reward, Qualkek runes reward). My assassin was clvl 33 when she killed baal (players 2, v1.10 Ladder, no-twink, as this is my primary character).

Naturally, aside from the minor rewards, I'm pleased to have a mule in nightmare. Of course once I get around to it, I'll verify carry-along for nm hellforge. Actually my main character abstained from normal hellforge (letting the carry-along char claim it solo) because I want to be able to grab hellforge hammers for twinking whenever I feel like it. I also abstained from returning a malus to Charsi, for the minor convenience of being able to hand them out.

I was distracted when did the rush for Duriel, so I actually killed Duriel before realizing I'd forgotten to get my carry-baby credit for lifting the darkness. To fix this I actually used game keep-alive (started a second game, got the lift credit, got the summoner credit, returned to initial game and talked to tyriel).

So far I'm very pleased with v1.10, even though I've noticed a number of misfeatures/bugs left over from the beta.

p.s. I've found 2 Civerb's shields so I'd be happy to give one to any regular Lurker that is working on that set. My best drop thus far: Diablo dropped 4 lousy rares and Hsarus boots (excellent twink item, clvl 3 req faster run/walk).
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits
In some other threads. But here it is again in case anyone missed it.

- Druid's Ravens can blind targets. (w00t!)

- Putting arrows\bolts + any items in the cube = arrows\bolts no longer works.
Haven't seen it mentioned here: the repair recipes now restores charges and quantity as well.
does anyone know if blade shield got its damage fixed?
I ask again, has the ED bug been fixed?
Great truths are worth repeating:

"It is better to live in the corner of a roof
Than in a house shared with a contentious woman." -Proverbs 21:9

"It is better to live in the corner of a roof
Than in a house shared with a contentious woman." -Proverbs 25:24
Yes and yes (%ed on non-weap is added like any other %ed)
I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere yet: Mercenaries cost less to ressurect. My level 71 merc only cost 37,800 gold to ressurect instead of the usual 50,000.
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu