Name the Diablo Clone
I'm going offline for a full, non-negotiable two years time period which starts in about 4.5 hours. In the unlikely event that I win, could my title be changed to "lurkus hiatus"?

Well, thank you in advance. I look forward to returning to see in what direction the lounge has taken. I want to hear all about how WoW turned out, and what the next game covered at the LurkerLounge is going to be.

Cheers to all, I bid you adieu!
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
Wow. Where can you go for two years where they don't have an internet connection?

Good luck in Kabul? The secret Mars colony project? Iowa (if your on spindustry that is)?
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Whoa. Good luck in whatever it is your going off to do.

P.S. If you're real nice to the warden, maybe he'll let you log on once in a while ;)
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
Henceforth, the Diablo Clone will be known as...

"Diablo XP Professional"

It was a tough choice, and there were lots of great entries, but that one ended up being the clear favorite of the mods. Booyakasha, send me a private message, and I'll set up your new title.

-Griselda
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
whyBish,Jan 12 2004, 12:03 AM Wrote:You think the mods are incompetent?  :blink:
the topic text does indicate that there has been a winner chosen.. *boggles*...
i don't see anything ere at the end.....

EDIT: disregard, as somewhere between my noticing it didn't have a winner in it, and my posting to that effect.. one was posted...
congradulations
The wind has no destination.
Nightwind,Jan 13 2004, 06:31 PM Wrote:EDIT: disregard, as somewhere between my noticing it didn't have a winner in it, and my posting to that effect.. one was posted...
congradulations
Yes, I think Griselda edited the title to say winner chosen.
Dang, and I was sure that Über Teufel vom Geisteskranken was a sure thing. :) Congrats Booyakasha! In honor of your victory I shall dedicate my first Diablo XP Professional kill to you! Prosit!
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

I personally think Diablo XP Professional is about as lame as DiabloClone. Then again, I'm biased against almost anything made by/related to the Small and Flaccid Corporation.
Hi,

congratulations to Booyakasha... I had good fun reading some of the names in this thread!

Take care,
Lord_Olf
"I don't like to brag, I don't like to boast, but I like hot butter on my breakfast toast!" - Flea
And yet to me it some how seems appropriate to name evil demons after Micro$oft operating systems.

<cue evil laughter>
[demonic echoing voice] Welcome the the pits of despair, the lower regions of .dll hell. Press the Start button if you would like your soul shredded.
<scene fades to black>

kandrathe,Jan 14 2004, 12:32 AM Wrote:.dll hell
Particularly relevant to me today. Spent most of the day with four other (VB this time) developers 'doing stuff' because our build creates a dll that is too big.
kandrathe,Jan 12 2004, 02:15 PM Wrote:Wow.&nbsp; Where can you go for two years where they don't have an internet connection?&nbsp;

Good luck in Kabul?&nbsp;&nbsp; The secret Mars colony project?&nbsp;&nbsp; Iowa (if your on spindustry that is)?
Two theories on where he might be going:
  • Mormon mission : On Lang's personal page the age is correct, and so is the time period. Not that a mission is non-negotiable, but internet access and time to use it will be very limited.
    <>
  • Prison :( : Kartoffelsalat has beat me to that theory :P<>
    [st]
Oh no!! Now he's going to make us wait two years until we find out what he was doing!

I don't think I will be able to make it that long without knowing....

Someone, pass me a flask full of forgetting potion (what an original name)!

Langolier, you wouldn't be so evil, would you? You've delegated your younger sibling to log on and post 'why' once the buzz has risen to a frenzy.... haven't you?

I've always hated mystery books...