HoW & Oak Stacking
OK, simple question, just looking for a yes/no answer I guess :)

Party of.. say... 4 druids. 2 have HoW and 2 have OakSage, all at slvl 20. Will these stack for the party? i.e. will it effectively give each member double the attack bonuses and double the life bonuses?

edit: Also, will OakSages bonuses affect the other spirits?
a55of rot13

539 tbh

Don't think cos i understand... i care
Don't think cos we're talkin... we're friends

*shavenlunatic - Europe
shavenlunatic,

I have played LAN with my bro and with 2 druids, there was a stacking life increase if there was two HoW or Oak Sages. HoW is probably not a skill you want to max out with Oak Sage because you can only summon one. I think in the new beta, they have made HoW and OS get a -% if there are more then one so if there were two OS, the life increase would be less, with 3, even greater reduction!

I hope that answers ur questions...
Gnem Eehc is actually Gnem Eehc.
Quote: HoW is probably not a skill you want to max out with Oak Sage because you can only summon one

Noooo, I know that 1 character can't run 2 spirits at the same time, I meant 2 of the druids had HoW maxed and the other 2 had Oaksage maxed. :D

Quote:I think in the new beta, they have made HoW and OS get a -% if there are more then one so if there were two OS, the life increase would be less, with 3, even greater reduction!

Hmmm, this seems like the sort of nasty pasty thing that blizzard would do :D Anyone know where I might find the calculations for this? And if having 1 OakSage and 1 HoW would affect eachother?
a55of rot13

539 tbh

*shavenlunatic - Europe
A HoW/SoB would affect an Oak Sage(and vice-versa, in so far as giving the "aura"), but since the spirits NEVER attack, only the SoB(and maybe the OS) aura would have any visible effect(ie, with a SoB in the area, all other spirits get a "thorns" effect when struck)
SoB?

Also, you have any idea about the cumulative effects on a character by having 2 OS and 2 HoW?
a55of rot13

539 tbh

*shavenlunatic - Europe
Quote: SoB?
Spirit of Barbs. The weaker thorns aura.
Where you get that from?? :huh:
a55of rot13

539 tbh

*shavenlunatic - Europe
Spirit of the Barbs is the last Spirit in the spirits tree of Druid Summoning skills, not so hard to notice if you know where to get HoW or Oak ;)

As for the cumulative effects of 2 kinds of the same aura, I think it's the same thing as with Paladin auras, the more powerful one (in skill levels) "overwrites" the weaker, without any cumulative effect, so the weaker is uterly wasted. The second could be used as backup-spirit in case the stronger dies, but usually it's wiser to use some other spirit if available.
You sure about this? I always thought that both the paladin auras and the druid summons worked more on a pulse system. Basically they pulse every three seconds or so and anything in range gets their aura. If two things are trying to put the same aura on a character then it would be a matter of which pulsed last. For instance if you summon an oak sage and it pulses, then another person summons one and it pulses then the second person's oak sage's values would be what is in effect until your oak sage pulses again and it just continues in that manner going by the last one to pulse. This may not actually be the way it works, but it is the way that I always thought about it.
Nope, that's not the way it works (I think...). Except with prayer. But prayer is special, since it doesn't really give an aura (in the traditional sense of the word) that is actually active. It really just heals you every two seconds... :) With the other auras, their pulse really only give others an aura, but if there is already the same aura of higher level, it just remains "dormant" in that it does nothing unless the higher level aura goes away. At least this is how I always thought it worked. :mellow:
Meditation and Cleansing can "pulse" with Prayer synergy, but I'm not sure if the other part(+mana per pulse/reduced curse/poison durations) would stack.
Actually, Meditation isn't activated on pulse, it just increases your regeneration rate, like Magefists. I don't think the curse/poison duration reductions would stack, though. So you could, if you time everything right, get 2 prayers going, 2 cleansings going, and 2 meditations going, and have them all heal. :) As long as they are "activated" in 1 second intervals with the other aura of the same type.