Name the Diablo Clone
In the Diablo walks the earth thread Adamantine posted:

Quote:Uber Diablo, or Über if you like, the Blizzard (or GFrazier?) name. That just sounds so non-scary, so non-(prime)-evily. Diablo Clone (whose name was taken from the code entry for the monster, which sometimes isn't the one used in-game) on the other hand has a little better ring to it, but it's not very evil either.

He just deserves a better name than either of the two mentioned, with him purposedly being the hardest thing in the game. Ultima Online had a way of adding Lord to the name for really scary and challenging versions, but then the original one is that already. :unsure:

This is a lovely idea I think, cmon Lurkers : Name that dawg

I get to go first, I guess:

Lassie's Big Bro

Hulk "Diablo" Hogan

Houndminator

Little Red LBOD Hood

PS: Bolty, can you judge please? Can you give the winner a title too please?
1. Lucifer. Comes to Lucy. And instead of saying "Diablo walks the earth", you say "Luuuuucy! I'm hoooome!"

2. The Creature of the Cave of Caerbannog. "What, behind the rabbit?" "It is the rabbit!" "That's no rabbit!"

3. Nemo. Go find him.

4. George. As in Lucas. As in an entertainment franchise grown too big for his own boots and is at a loss figuring out how to execute the Next Big Thing, so instead resorts to flash and dazzle to make up for a meandering, contradictory storyline and some horrible, horrible dialogue spoken by the principal characters (have you gotten yet the fact that I'm not just talking about Star Wars here?). This is, after all, (and everyone say it with me) an Attack of the Clones.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
The Really Big, Huge, super-duper, deluxe edition, D 1.10! No, really, the true BIG D!

Long winded, eh?

B.F.M.

Magic: The Gathering joke there.

Or how about what old games used to do for bosses that returned?

Diablo (pink version)

Owner of the World's Biggest Soulstone

Pimp of Death

And I like the Hulk "Diablo" Hogan.
You're on. The "Name the Diablo Clone" contest has officially begun!

Contest rules:
  • Contest ends at midnight Battle.Net time on December 31. In other words, if it's 2004, it's over. You can submit an entry then, but it will be ignored for judging purposes.
    <>
  • Each member can submit up to five entries.
    <>
  • The contest is not an excuse to soil the Lounge. A post that would be moderated under normal circumstances will still be moderated.<>
    [st]On Thread Structure:
    • Post your ENTRY in reply to Brista's post. Post only ENTRIES in reply to this message.
      <>
    • Replies to entries are permitted. Replies to entries are not considered entries.
      <>
    • Please give ENTRY posts a title of some sort.
      <>
    • E-mail and Private Message submissions are not accepted.<>
      [st]Reward:

As before, the reward to the winner is a forum title (i.e. "Lounging Lurker" in my case, viewable underneath my avatar) of their choosing! Redeemable cash value = 1/10th of $0.01.

On Winning:
      • The Mods of the Lounge Table will alone decide the winner. This means Bolty, Griselda, Lemming, Mavfin, and Elric. Send bribes to...
        <>
      • Mods can enter but cannot win.
        <>
      • There can be only one. Just like last time, when there were two winners from a tie. Uh...<>
        [st]Finally, have fun! I can't wait to see what us Lurkers come up with this time.

-Griselda
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
Does that mean I already used up four of my entries?
People who "entered" before the rules were posted can edit their entries.

-Griselda
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
UO rip-offs

Diablo Lord
Daemon Diablo
Diablo Daemon (see, it's after the name now...we have variety!!!!!)
The Lord of the Abyss
The Collector of Souls

And, erh, out of the competition. :D

Aamon, Agalierept, Agares, Aglasis, Aiwaz, Astaroth, Ayperos, Azatoth, Azmodaeus, Azrael, Baal, Ba'al, Barbatos, Bathim, Bathsin, Bechard, Be'elzubub, Be'elzebubba, Beelzebuth, Botis, Brulefer, Bucon, Buer, Clauneck, Clitheret, Cthulhu, Cthulu, Druzil, El Chupacabra, Eleogap, Eliezer, Eligor, Eligos, Eracove, Faraii, Fleurety, Frimost, Frucissiere, Fruitimere, Glassyalabolas, Guland, Gusoyn, Hael, Haristum, Heramael, Hiepacth, Huictiigara, Humots, Khil, Marbas, Mephistopheles, Mersilde, Minoson, Molech, Moloch, Morail, Musisin, Naberrs, Nebiros, Nebirots, Nyarlathotep, Pentagnony, Proculo, Pruslas, Pursan, Rofocale, Sargatans, Satanchia, Satanciae, Segal, Sergulath, Sergutthy, Sidragrosam, Sirchade, Starr, Surgat, Sustugriel, Tarchimache, Tarihimal, Trimasel, Tyriel, Vaelfar, Wormius, Yog-Sothoth, Y'reif Eci, Zoray
Nice idea, Brista...
here I go:

The World-Event Enfant terrible

Administrator of Annihilus (makes for a nice short AoA :-))

Biggest D Ever

The Un-scrawny Spawnee

Have Fun,

Lord_Olf
"I don't like to brag, I don't like to boast, but I like hot butter on my breakfast toast!" - Flea
Heh sounds fun, I will join in too:

- Diablo XP Professional

- The 'Queen' of Terror (who knows :P)

- GFraiser

- The 'D' Mama
With a nod to Tempus, of the Sancuary stories.

#2 Santa Diablo (after all, this is a contest over Christmas, and he does leave a gift for those who are 'good'.)

#3 Dupe-ablo Any bets on how long it takes for that charm to have similar issues as the Stone of Jordan did?
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

For you Doom lovers out there:

B.F.D. 9000

For the normal Bnet outlook of the Diablo Clone:

Gib Annihilus Plz
Annihilus R Us

More coming:

Olbaid
-TheDragoon
Happy Fun Diablo
(Do not taunt Happy Fun Diablo)

DiabWHOA!!

Annihilus Factory

Dude Where's My Diablo?

Supersized Diablo With Extra Pickles
Given the creature's resists: Sorc's Bane

Pwner of N00bs ;)

"Tim" (There are some who call me....Tim". :D

More to come later...
These entries made me smile. Turned a so so day into one of fun and life. I hope Dee you have some more in there. Me I can't think of any just now.
1. Alan

The US folks will probably get this first. Alan Greenspan, shairman of the board of directors of the Federal Reserve. The Fed uses monetary policies including buing & selling bonds, raising lowering interest rates, etc. to regulate the amount of currency in the US economy. Their sole goal is to control inflation. If the SoJ consumption is the trigger, then Clone-boy is regulating the BNET economy...

weak, but that's what you get from someone taking an economics class...

2. Clone-boy

3. Over-rated (*insert your own joke about your favorite sports team's rival here*)

*reserves 2 entries for better inspiration in the future*
ah bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bob
dyah ah dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dth
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
#1 Diabro(in the long-standing tradition of Engrish, as well as a nod to the enormous number of Korean/Japanese players in Asia) :P

#2 Damnnn...bro(What you'd say when you first see him)

#3 El Chupacabra(That goat-sucking monster from South America)

#4 The Replacement Killer(cos y'know, he replaces a boss, and he's a killer. :P)
And 1 more for later. :)

#5 Scott Steiner(Big Poppa Pump, The Genetic Freak, The Big Bad Booty Daddy)

Okay, so only wrestling fans will get that last one. And yeah, it's probably cheating, since it's 3 names in one. But you don't HAVE to pick number 5... :P
I call diablo diaaplo!
It is dutch it means dimonkeyblo but it sounds realy stupid in english....
Diablo II (Diablo III in case you want to count Diablo from the original)

And speaking of classic:

The Dark Lord (why? why not. Diablo has two names, now there's two Diablos.)

The Adversary

Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
The clone is literally the incarnation of Blizzard cheese. Clone introduced as a cheesy method of getting rid of dupes, has cheesy regen, resists, etc. The A. charm is actually petrified portwhine and swiss! It didn't even need to be enchanted with its modifiers, they are simply a bi-product of the process, like radioactive decay.

Clone: worst creature in Diablo II.
Blizzard: worst creature in the Diablo series.
Clone: "eats" SOJ dupes.
Blizzard: "eats" dupes in an equivalent uneffective manner.
Clone: you never know when it's going to rear its ugly face.
Blizzard: "".

I don't know about you, but I think we have a winner :)
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
1.) Diablo with a cherry on top

2.) The second coming

3.) Got-You-By-The-Balls Diablo

4.) YOUR DOOM

5.) Lilly the Pink

:blink:
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee'll
Drink a drink, a drink, to Lilly the pink, the pink the pink.
The Destroyer hm hmm hm mm hm mmmm . . .
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
DClone Entry

1. Big Dizzle

It just popped into my head. :P

Nomad25055
R.I.P. Pete! I can't believe you're gone. Sad