! OMG - Don't wear the Annihilus Charm !
I've had a similiar experience with DXPP killing when my characters simply could not cut it. I had no friends on, so asked in a publice channel for help. I told 2 people the game/pass, and suddenly the game was full. Everyone rushed to the clone, and one of the 2 times I did this the clone was dead before I even got him on the screen.

The first 2 times he spawned I could not defeat him. I suggest that you read up on clone killing techniques, here and at the AB. He can be a handfull, but most experienced players who understand his weaknesses(PMH in combination with lower resist/amp/conviction/crushing blow) can take him down fairly easily.

Since then, I've honed my technique, and even my warcy barb has killed the clone solo, with several merc revives. I've only collected 1 charm in the ~10 times I've fought him, but I've let friends of mine have it when they had none yet.

PS: Please use paragraphs in your posts. That was awful to look at, though your spelling and punctuation seemed up to par.

EDIT: DXPP, not DXXP
Bishibosh is in the Cold Plain. Rakinashu is in the middle of the Cairn Stones in the Stony Field (Bishibosh is a Fallen Shaman, Rakinshu is the Carver).
How does PMH work? If he gets hit once by it can you switch out and use another piece of equipment, or does the PMH eventually wear out and need to be "refreshed?" Also, does he ever appear in normal?

Thanks

PS Never, ever seen him :(
PMH will last for about a half hour (although it seems to be much less on DXPP), unless you leave the area. You can switch out and use a different weapon, but have to re-tag the monster every once in a while to keep it from running out.

He'll only show up in hell realm games.
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
rriggs,Jan 23 2004, 07:44 PM Wrote:Fact: You either need a totally twinked character (probably obtained from cheating), or a whole lotta help to beat him.
Funny, all you need to defeat DC is to have a "cookie-cutter" build at your disposal. A hammerdin or a blizzard sorc will tear DC apart. If you want no challenge vs DC, build a hammerdin - mine kills him in 30 sec at most ( 1 player game ). He doesn't have any PMH either. BH has wicked dmg i must say.

And Blizz sorc works nicely too (cold masterie reduces enemy res to cold). Fire/Lit sorc won't work, unless you have loads of facets in your items.

I heard smiters annihilate DC via crushing blow, kick assasins should work well too then.

I'd say summon necros are the hardest to fight Clone with.
My wind druid took him down for the 4th time last night. Admittedly, the cb from the orphan sheild + my trusty 'Malice' runeword kris from switch helped alot. That was the first time I used the ITD + CB + PMH, and it went REALLY fast. Crushing blow is VERY useful, almost like static versus him.

-Nantuko_Primus
[Image: KenyaSig.png]

[wcip Wrote:Angel,Jul 2 2004, 11:19 AM]
unrealshadow13,Jul 2 2004, 11:02 AM Wrote:I find that a sorceress serves me better when doing MF runs. I have yet to find a useful niche for werewolves... They are a slow killer (imo) and my old werewolf always got owned in pvp.
Does that mean someone else owns your werewolf? How is that possible? He's on *your* account, isn't he?
Quote:I used the ITD

Well, that was a waste of an item if you specifically got that item with no other good mods/had something better, as ITD only works on normal monsters (I forget if Oblivion Knights/Defilers are counted as champion for these calcs...)
Silly me. I didn't really know that. The weapon had some other merits too, though.
[Image: KenyaSig.png]

[wcip Wrote:Angel,Jul 2 2004, 11:19 AM]
unrealshadow13,Jul 2 2004, 11:02 AM Wrote:I find that a sorceress serves me better when doing MF runs. I have yet to find a useful niche for werewolves... They are a slow killer (imo) and my old werewolf always got owned in pvp.
Does that mean someone else owns your werewolf? How is that possible? He's on *your* account, isn't he?