Vigor Paladins?
Is there any builds beside Charge that effectively utilizes Vigor? I am curious because it is such an interesting skill, you effectively become the Flash when its at full power.

I dont like Charge because of its huge mana cost, plus im hearing the skill is bugged. That you might freeze and be unable to move.
Quote:Is there any builds beside Charge that effectively utilizes Vigor? I am curious because it is such an interesting skill, you effectively become the Flash when its at full power.

Blessed Hammers has Vigor as it's synergy. I would like to comment however, that the more points you put into Vigor don't really make you noticably faster after 9 points (1% faster or less after 9 points into vigor), so if you plan on wearing any +gear, might as well either leave Vigor at 1 or pop just a few more points into it, but don't bother max.ing it (unless your a Hammerdin ;) )

Quote:I dont like Charge because of its huge mana cost, plus im hearing the skill is bugged. That you might freeze and be unable to move.

This is very true and has happened to me numerous times. I don't recommend charge because of this!
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
MEAT pointed out the blessed hammer synergy. But, if you're concerned about mana, BH isn't probably the direction you want to go in. Unless you have + mana per kill and meditation/redemption.

In 1.10, mana potions are a fact of life for all builds. Some can get away with minimal leech (i.e. zealots, frenzy), but those mana burners will stop you in your tracks if you're a sorceress or other heavy mana (hammerdin as well).

Vigor does have a gradual reduction in the amount of speed boost you get per point after 9ish. So, if you're not planning on maxing out a vigor synergy, keep vigor at as low as you can and add + speed items. Circlets are a nice source of run speed, up to 40% on a circlet if I recall correctly. 45% from vigor, 40% from boots (sanders has 40%, and they're super easy to find), and 40% from a circlet (I think 40% is a high level affix, though), and you're flying. Add a cat's eye, and some other source of run speed (there are run armours out there somewhere), and you really do become the flash. Beware of desync though. Don't know if the diminishing returns formula on run speed is still in effect, but regardless, you will be incredible fast moving. Now if you could only find a Fanaticism aura to make you attack faster as well... Beast scepter anyone? :)

Charge is bugged. It doesn't happen ALL the time, but when it does, it's a real pain. The first bug is where you charge at a moving target, and miss (I think the bug triggers when you miss). He gets stuck in place, unable to move. The fix is to weapon swap (and quickly weapon swap back if you need), or switch to "normal" attack and shift-click.

The other Charge bug is where it stops functioning completely. If you like to shift-click charge (like I do) to run faster (you can cover whole areas in a matter of seconds, faster than a teleporting sorceress if there are no obstacles), sometimes you'll just stop. He won't be able to charge, but all of his other attacks will be fine.
"Yay! We did it!"
"Who are you?"
"Um, uh... just ... a guy." *flee*