The first 110 HC 99 lvl charater
Asian realm - A3, HFC_BARB.

Saw this from another D2 Chinese fansite this morning, this probably happened only several hours ago.

This barb was created and played under a group of people from HFC clan,

one very interesting thing though, the guy who actually played this Bar most of the time in his 99 lvl, is also the person who had contributed in the Chinese version of maphack converted from mousepad's in 1.09.

From my impression, he is actually a pretty nice guy.

I guess not every so called "hackers" are all greedy SOBS after all.

<_<
Im my experience, the people who write the programs aren't the butt-gnuts and crack-holes, but rather, the script-kiddies and lamers that use the programs are the <insert defamatory label>.

So, I don't doubt that he probably is a good fella. Level 99 is impressive in that he spent a lot of time working on his character, and didn't die once. He must have had some nice gear.

And the "hackers" aren't necessarily greedy. The users of the hacks are, for the most part.
"Yay! We did it!"
"Who are you?"
"Um, uh... just ... a guy." *flee*
Hackers are intelligent and knowledgable people. Just try to hack something yourself and you'll see what I mean :D

To make a hack takes brains and a lot of work. To (ab)use a hack, the minimum requirement is dumbness, lol.
whereagles,Feb 12 2004, 10:25 AM Wrote:To make a hack takes brains and a lot of work. To (ab)use a hack, the minimum requirement is dumbness, lol.
Especially since "minimum amount of dumbness" means you probably have no idea how the system works and are a good candidate for getting ripped off. I know a guy (don't groan, he's a close friend of my brother's) who lost a Zod'd eth Windforce trying to use a dupe hack that involved hitting Alt+F4. He assumes the guy who told him about the hack stole it when he dropped it on the ground and hit the keys as instructed.
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
Before discussing the minimum amount of dumbness, one must consider the possibilities inherent in an ethereal zod'd windforce.
Lady Vashj,Feb 12 2004, 10:03 AM Wrote:Especially since "minimum amount of dumbness" means you probably have no idea how the system works and are a good candidate for getting ripped off.&nbsp; I know a guy (don't groan, he's a close friend of my brother's) who lost a Zod'd eth Windforce trying to use a dupe hack that involved hitting Alt+F4.&nbsp; He assumes the guy who told him about the hack stole it when he dropped it on the ground and hit the keys as instructed.
Ethereal windforce?

Isn't that Usufruct's gag line?

NB :blink:
Sense and courtesy are never common
Don't try to have the last word. You might get it. - Lazarus Long
Actually it's the Ethereal 2 Socket Windforce I found from Mephisto. Got an Enigma Jewel for it, NB? ;)

Seriously though, the people who write scripts like 'maphack' and other such third party programs, are not hackers. Admittedly there is a small amount of clever programming involved, but on the whole these scripters give 'hacking' (the pursuit of information) a bad name.
Ethereal bows started dropping . . . when?
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Usufruct,Feb 18 2004, 01:05 PM Wrote:Seriously though, the people who write scripts like 'maphack' and other such third party programs, are not hackers.&nbsp; Admittedly there is a small amount of clever programming involved, but on the whole these scripters give 'hacking' (the pursuit of information) a bad name.
What I know of, script's have to be used as plug-in's with 3rd party programs, such as the configuration files in: D2JSP, Mahpack, D2HackIt, D2Loader Plug-In's, or even as MOD's (such as Vanilla D2). The actual (third party) program is an entirely different matter. Most of the "script kiddies" I know use a Packet Sniffer (designed by a hacker) as a plug-in program for use with the program D2HackIt (also designed by a hacker). They then write "script" exploiting certain packets within the Diablo game and go public with these scripts causing misery for all us legit players.

Also, the person who developed the Matrix Hack is by far no "script kiddy", yet he still gives Diablo a bad name for having the hack leaked publicly! Because of him, 6-socket ITH swords where everywhere for over a year until finally 1.1 came to the light. You make is sound as if "hackers" do not give what they do a bad name, but only "script kiddies". I don't agree with this! While the pursuit of information is admirable, taking care of potentially game-altering information is just as much a responsibility. I hold hackers in the same regards as script kiddies.

Basically what I'm trying to say here is that I feel you have no idea what the hell you are talking about by calling some of the "hackers/programmers" out there "script kiddies". Next you'll be telling me BnetD was made by "script kiddies".
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Quote:It's sarcasm. I was being what is known is some circles as sarcastic.
Quote:Basically what I'm trying to say here is that I feel you have no idea what the hell you are talking about by calling some of the "hackers/programmers" out there "script kiddies". Next you'll be telling me BnetD was made by "script kiddies".
Heh, you make me chuckle. First, I did not call anyone a "script kiddie" as you so blatantly imply. I also like how you think you know what I'll be telling you next :) But thanks for the flame.
Quote:What I know of, script's have to be used as plug-in's with 3rd party programs, such as the configuration files in: D2JSP, Mahpack, D2HackIt, D2Loader Plug-In's, or even as MOD's (such as Vanilla D2). The actual (third party) program is an entirely different matter. Most of the "script kiddies" I know use a Packet Sniffer (designed by a hacker) as a plug-in program for use with the program D2HackIt (also designed by a hacker). They then write "script" exploiting certain packets within the Diablo game and go public with these scripts causing misery for all us legit players.
A script is just a set of instructions. A program is just a set of scripts. Yes, the plugins you mentioned are scripts. Also, you don't exploit "packets", packets are just pieces of data. Exploitation occurs with vulnerability of game code.
Quote:Also, the person who developed the Matrix Hack is by far no "script kiddy", yet he still gives Diablo a bad name for having the hack leaked publicly! Because of him, 6-socket ITH swords where everywhere for over a year until finally 1.1 came to the light. You make is sound as if "hackers" do not give what they do a bad name, but only "script kiddies". I don't agree with this! While the pursuit of information is admirable, taking care of potentially game-altering information is just as much a responsibility. I hold hackers in the same regards as script kiddies.
You do not understand what a hacker is or what the essence of hacking is. No, the people who write the programs and scripts that exploit vulnerabilities in the game code are not script kiddies. Again, I did not say they were. However, the people who write said programs and scripts are also NOT hackers. "Hacker" is a term that is so skewed by pop culture that it has lost its original meaning for many people. Looking in .mpq files and the Diablo game code in the attempt to figure out how the game works so that they can write programs and tailor scripts to exploit vulnerabilities is not hacking at all. I suggest you check out hackers.com before you continue to attach the term "hacker" to inherently destructive behaviors including but not limited to, destroying legitimate gameplay on battle.net.
Occhidiangela,Feb 18 2004, 09:11 PM Wrote:Ethereal bows started dropping . . . when?
You know, I saw the bow just once, and I could have sworn it was eth...I asked him about it again, and he looked at me funny and said it wasn't eth. Silly me.
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
Humm.. that is food for thought. Okay, I'll accept what you’re saying, even if I don't agree with it. I can see that you’re defending your point of view of what hacking is/stands for. But lets understand what most people think of when they hear "hacker":

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=8&q=hacker

My favorite is about the poor golfing :D , however you can see how most of the definitions you will find have to do with breaking into another persons computer illegally. That is what most people think of when they think of hackers.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Usufruct,Feb 19 2004, 11:43 AM Wrote:A script is just a set of instructions.&nbsp; A program is just a set of scripts.
A script *may* be a set of instructions, but a program is defenitely not a set of scripts.

A program consists of low level instructions that is interpreted at a hardware or Virtual Machine level. A script, on the other hand, is a text representation of a set of instructions that is interpreted by a piece of software, which in turn tells another "machine" -- again, at hardware or VM level -- what to do. A script is like an errant message -- a stickie saying "go to the store and buy some milk". A program, however, contains explicit instructions, the level of detail depending on what the target machine -- walk forward three paces, turn left twenty degrees, etc...

Also, the term hacker, in its "traditional" term does still apply to those whom created the softwares of exploitation.

This is a much better definition of what hackers are and aren't.