! OMG - Don't wear the Annihilus Charm !
This is a rumor that Blizzard is trying to punish all the hackers and dupers by suckering them down the path of eternal damnation, by using their own greed!!

Fact: The Diablo Clone is triggered by selling SOJs, which everyone knows was the #1 duped item in the game. Normal players who found them legitimately are not going to be the ones selling them.

Fact: The only way to get the Annihilus Charm is by killing the Diablo Clone.

Fact: You either need a totally twinked character (probably obtained from cheating), or a whole lotta help to beat him.

Fact: The Annihilus Charm, once ID'd looks just like a soul stone.

Fact: We all know what happened to the intrepid hero who slayed the original Diablo. He stuck the soul stone in his head (ouch) for safe keeping. He was fine for awhile, but eventually Diablo was too strong and beat him.

Fact: Wearing the Annihilus Charm is about a close to 'sticking a soul stone in your head' as you get, via current game mechanics.

Theory: Sure you can wear that Annihilus Charm fine now, but perhaps after some amount of time you can no longer remove it? What if after 30 days of wearing it, your character is consumed by Diablo?!?! Aiiigghh!!!

Ok, so this all just rampant speculation on my part, but I think the parallels to the original story are too close to be ignored!! Can 100% legit players get the Annihilus Charm? Of course they can, but perhaps, just maybe, Blizzard figured out a way with this to sort out the cheaters from the real players....

Have fun debating, and remember you read it here first!

Cheers,
Roy :D
:rolleyes:

'Nuff said.
.. registered today, did we?

Quote:Fact: You either need a totally twinked character (probably obtained from cheating), or a whole lotta help to beat him.

In other news, the above quotable is complete garbage. Thanks.
rriggs,Jan 23 2004, 02:44 PM Wrote:Fact: You either need a totally twinked character (probably obtained from cheating), or a whole lotta help to beat him.

Or a really strong build. Or a totally twinked character obtained from twinking after years of MFing. Or some PMH and a lot of time. :ph34r:
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
Kartoffelsalat,Jan 23 2004, 03:41 PM Wrote:Or some PMH and a lot of time.  :ph34r:
I am really hoping for that one. I have yet to encounter the Diablo Clone (um.... Diablo XP Professional) but my gear is not uber, and won't be. And I just don't seem to make 'really strong builds'.

Now if he could just show up at a time when I can have the time to whittle him down? B) I am sure I have the patience.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

ShadowHM,Jan 23 2004, 05:32 PM Wrote:Diablo Clone (um....  Diablo XP Professional)
Hey now! 2 points to Shadow - was this the first conversational use of our contest winning moniker?

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Nooobie!

What do we look like, codfish? ;)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Wow.

I do love to watch paranoia in action, as a point by point exercise where you watch the downward spiral become a head-on plummet into Unreason ... it's pretty fascinating.
:D

You do know that ( A ) Blizzard touted DiabloClone as a spiffy new feature, and ( B ) You can kill him pretty painlessly, right? (The Eldritch kill, the Prevent Monster Heal beatdown, and the "Call 7 friends into game" techniques come to mind.)

Good laugh, though.

Next on When Conspiracy Theories Attack: Blizzard's new World of Warcraft! Detractors say it's all a scam to acquire the credit card numbers and physical addresses of cheaters, so that SpecOp teams in black helicopters can rappel down their chimneys and take them into custody. They use imaginary ziplock baggies to stash duped SoJs, and other virtual evidence as well.
:blink: :huh: :unsure: <_< :P :lol:
hanging out in Open Tech Support on USWest. Since I created my own theory (which is explained below).

Quote:Fact: The Diablo Clone is triggered by selling SOJs, which everyone knows was the #1 duped item in the game. Normal players who found them legitimately are not going to be the ones selling them.
Actually, this could just be a Red Herring to convince people to sell their SoJs, since, as you say, people who found their own are not going to be selling it. Also, even if it is triggered by SoJs, you don't have to be the one to sell them to get Diablo XP Pro to spawn.

Quote:Fact: The only way to get the Annihilus Charm is by killing the Diablo Clone.
Or via trading.

Quote:Fact: You either need a totally twinked character (probably obtained from cheating), or a whole lotta help to beat him
Ever heard of Prevent Monster Heal/Poison+Lower Resists or Conviction/Magic Hammer? (P.S. I plan on beating the D Clone as a summoning Druid with no status points, just to prove it can be done... if only I could get him to Hell ;) )

Quote:Fact: Wearing the Annihilus Charm is about a close to 'sticking a soul stone in your head' as you get, via current game mechanics.
Well, as no one I know has worn a 1 socket circlet (or possibly cap) as their helmet and then attempted to put the charm into it...

Anyway, time for how it really will go down! First off, Diablo XP Pro isn't the World Event (I've actually thought this since the beginning, but now that I have this harebrained scheme thought up...). DXP is just a ruse to fool the ignorant and weak-minded fools that so sadly populate most of Sanctuary these days. The real World Event is actually triggered by the Chat Gem (possibly by using a dead Hardcore character who was slain by a quill rat) somehow... Then, that Big Bad Small Charm O' Power will morph all characters holding it into something else/killing them (I haven't fleshed this idea out much, since I just thought it through yesterday). Then, the Real World Event (which can only be played by those non-1337 dudes (AKA us, the people who don't say "LOLZZ!!!!11 nooblar got pwnt) will be made (1 cracked sash+black tower key [which will be enabled first, of course]). It sends you into the Secret Chicken Level (which is more of an act than a level, with 2-3 quests) with the boss of: Reziarfg! When he dies, he drops, among other things (not that it matters, because he only spawns in HC ladder (if it isn't HC ladder, some other character replaces him, and isn't as strong [a disabled boss from D1, maybe?]), and he is nigh invincible) the Mirror Shield, a unique Tower Shield that has awesome stats, namely the ability to occasionally reflect ranged attacks outward from the defender, and doesn't display a graphic in the game (since a mirror doesn't really have a color...), instead your weapon deflects it (lightsabre action!!). This will also unlock the Urban Legend cut-scene, which adresses all myths as being true, regards every rumour as fact, any legend is shown to be valid and finds fabrictions by random people 100% correct.
..... everyone knows that all characters the end up w/ the charm will turn into D_Clone Charm-Wraiths and in Diablo 3 they will all become evil demonic NPC's , (which we must all slay of course ;) ) , after defeating them and then Baal , the REAL Diablo , and the Feiziarfg , all mere charm bearers (those who only Helld the Charm , not used) must depart the lands forever , on a big boat .

New NPC's :

Gornara -- played by Bolty
Wenara -- played by Griselda
Fanglad -- played by TPJ
Dorfo -- played by OcchiDiangela

They are still casting roles for Imgli , Lasgelo , Massiwe , Mollug , and a whole pile of others .....

I can't wait !!!! :D
Stormrage :
SugarSmacks / 90 Shammy -Elemental
TaMeKaboom/ 90 Hunter - BM
TaMeOsis / 90 Paladin - Prot
TaMeAgeddon/ 85 Warlock - Demon
TaMeDazzles / 85 Mage- Frost
FrostDFlakes / 90 Rogue
TaMeOlta / 85 Druid-resto
Hoard of the Charms (to the slower witted people out there/those who have been living under a rock, that is a spinnoff of Lord of the Rings)? :lol: In which you have to fight the Baal Clone and he drops... nothing..
As for this whole "Only cheaters/dupers have annihilus charms"... that's a giant cup of weaksauce.
I've met and solo'd d clone twice, and all gear/runes for runewords were found by myself, on ladder.

Generalizations are the suck.
But wasn't Mr Dorf the one who played that Gothic Grima? ;)

Also, being an overly silly rube now and again, maybe a Peregrin Took anagram would be more appropriate:

Proteo Kringe.
Peter Kogroin or Peter Ko Groin. (Related to Gimlet, Son of Groin, perhaps, from Bored of the Rings.)

Pippin is tough to anagramize, one must confess.

Or, for a guy with a girl's name, try Merry =>

Rymer.

That's more like me, eh? :)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Get your Bobafett for Mollug button today!
Hello

Quote:I've met and solo'd d clone twice
I'd like to ask you HOW you do it? And more importantly, where? (Which realm?) I tried to hunt him down like a gazillion times (Europe), but to no avail.

Thanks for any useful advices.

BTW: I'd REALLY prefer if Bizzard would add some deterministic way of getting the Clone. Like killing ALL superuniques (ok, then he could not spawn... let's say all but one, ok?). I realize that the current system might have merits, but this double randomness kinda sucks.
I would really like for them to add a horadric cube recipe for it in single player. :) Enable the black tower key!
Quote:I'd like to ask you HOW you do it?

As far as I know, it has to do with the soj counter, and a great deal of luck.
I just happened to be doing mf runs with my hammerdin, and in he popped. He spawns at the first super unique that you come across in the act your currently in, at least I think that's how it works.
Like, I was in act1 doing pit runs, and he spawned, so I ran to stony field and there he was in place of Rakanishu. Same thing happened the first time, when he was in place of Thresh Socket in Act5 Frigid.

Just keep an eye on the soj counter, and if it's going up reasonably fast and you're in a hell game, stick around for a little while longer, maybe you'll luck out.
Great, regardless. :P
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
heehee ;)
Obi2Kenobi,Jan 23 2004, 11:16 PM Wrote:Or via trading.

Ever heard of Prevent Monster Heal/Poison+Lower Resists or Conviction/Magic Hammer? (P.S. I plan on beating the D Clone as a summoning Druid with no status points, just to prove it can be done... if only I could get him to Hell ;) )
Fact: No you can't trade for the charm, at least not in the trading screen. If you want to give it away, or mule it (you idiot), you have to drop it on the ground for the other guy to pick up.

Rumor has it that it's impossible to solo DXPP without some sort of PMH gear, since his life regen is so bloody fast - UNLESS you can spawn him in place of Eldritch or Bishibosh, lure him over to Shenk or Blood Raven, and then proceed to kill Shenk or Blood Raven, because every other monster on the screen dies when they do, including DXPP.

No doubt that has all been said before. But I wanted to say it again.
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!