Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10
w0qj,May 9 2006, 06:01 AM Wrote:***Are you saying the noobie's Classic MOD works only for v1.10, and it doesn't work properly for v1.11 ?  Tks for your advise!
[right][snapback]109300[/snapback][/right]
That's correct :)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Not like you can't fix it in 15 minutes... ;)
Nothing is impossible if you believe in it enough.

Median 2008 mod for Diablo II
<span style="color:gray">New skills, new AIs, new items, new challenges...
06.dec.2006: Median 2008 1.44
Brother Laz,May 10 2006, 07:06 AM Wrote:Not like you can't fix it in 15 minutes... ;)
[right][snapback]109448[/snapback][/right]

IF you have access to the tools and knowhow ....
Zingydex,May 10 2006, 05:11 AM Wrote:IF you have access to the tools and knowhow ....
[right][snapback]109450[/snapback][/right]
The Phrozen Keep. All the tools and knowhow you could ever want.

-G.
Even the mountains
Last not forever:
Someday they, too, shall
Crumble to dust.
Grayloch,May 10 2006, 09:35 PM Wrote:The Phrozen Keep.&nbsp; All the tools and knowhow you could ever want.

-G.
[right][snapback]109556[/snapback][/right]

All their links resolve to fileplanet, which is virtually impossible to navigate.

And their so-called "guides" assume that you're a programmer of some sort already.
Zingydex,May 12 2006, 03:54 AM Wrote:All their links resolve to fileplanet, which is virtually impossible to navigate.[right][snapback]109702[/snapback][/right]
I agree that FilePlanet can be a royal PITA. Fortunately, you don't actually need to navigate FilePlanet in order to download PhrozenKeep files.

To download a file, navigate the PhrozenKeep until you reach a page with a download link for the file you want. Then, follow these steps provided by Brother Laz in order to retrieve the file from FilePlanet. Remember to have both cookies and javascript enabled in your browser or it will turn into an exercise in frustration.

Zingydex,May 12 2006, 03:54 AM Wrote:And their so-called "guides" assume that you're a programmer of some sort already.[right][snapback]109702[/snapback][/right]
Start with the Beginner's Guide to D2 Mod Making. Yes, it's a downloadable file; a perfect opportunity to try out what I wrote above. :D

-G.
Even the mountains
Last not forever:
Someday they, too, shall
Crumble to dust.
NO FREAKING WAY am I going to give the idiots who run FP any more rope. I've already been burned on 3 seperate occasions, getting sent through a virtual maze no matter what process I used or attempted to use (including Laz's offering). That's more chances than any web server deserves; I'm not giving them another one.

Until someone with something approximating brains starts hosting these things, I'll make do with whatever mods I can track down from sources other than PK.
Zingydex,May 13 2006, 06:56 PM Wrote:NO FREAKING WAY am I going to give the idiots who run FP any more rope.&nbsp; I've already been burned on 3 seperate occasions, getting sent through a virtual maze no matter what process I used or attempted to use (including Laz's offering).&nbsp; That's more chances than any web server deserves; I'm not giving them another one.&nbsp;

Until someone with something approximating brains starts hosting these things, I'll make do with whatever mods I can track down from sources other than PK.
[right][snapback]109825[/snapback][/right]
Okay. In a last-ditch effort to be helpful, I will point out that the PhrozenKeep also has mirror sites for those people who just can't make FilePlanet work. Note that not all of the PK's files are mirrored, only some of the most commonly-downloaded ones. However, if you click on, say, Volf.biz's mirroring page, then click on "Download" in the menu on the left when that page comes up, you will see that most, if not all, of the mod-making tools and related resources are available for download there. Hint: The Beginner's Guide to Mod Making can be found in "Downloadable Resources".

-G.
Even the mountains
Last not forever:
Someday they, too, shall
Crumble to dust.
The catch is that we need to put up with Bileplanet to get listed on PlanetDiablo, our only connection with the outside world. I agree, it sucks, and that's why I added a ModDB and volf.biz mirror for my mod, and pretty soon also a download.com mirror. I'm the only one, of course. :(
Nothing is impossible if you believe in it enough.

Median 2008 mod for Diablo II
<span style="color:gray">New skills, new AIs, new items, new challenges...
06.dec.2006: Median 2008 1.44
Brother Laz,May 14 2006, 05:52 PM Wrote:The catch is that we need to put up with Bileplanet to get listed on PlanetDiablo, our only connection with the outside world. I agree, it sucks, and that's why I added a ModDB and volf.biz mirror for my mod, and pretty soon also a download.com mirror. I'm the only one, of course. :(
[right][snapback]109850[/snapback][/right]

Such a shame that PlanetDiablo has its head crammed so far up its rear end they don't realize they're working with THE worst (prominent) download server on the 'net.
Quote:Yep, that's what happens when you try to use a 1.10 mod in 1.11. The fix is easy if you have the .txt files, though. Just add the new content to monstats.txt and levels.txt and you're good to go.
That's all you have to do? Sweet, I may give this a crack later today, and perhaps have a 1.11-capable mod up and running, unless someone else has already done so.

Um, I hope that the mod content in the files is easy to find:blink:

Edit: So it's just those files, right? Or do I have to edit

Quote:Modified Game Table List
========================

The following game tables have been modified to create this MOD:

Armor.txt
automagic.txt
cubemain.txt
DifficultyLevels.txt
Experience.txt
Hireling.txt
ItemRatio.txt
ItemStatCost.txt
ItemTypes.txt
Levels.txt
MagicPrefix.txt
MagicSuffix.txt
Misc.txt
MonPreset.txt
MonProp.txt
MonStats.txt
MonUMod.txt
Runes.tx
SetItems.txt
Sets.txt
Skills.txt
SuperUniques.txt
TreasureClassEx.txt
UniqueItems.txt
Weapons.txt
all of these files as well?
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Well, I don't know what 1.11 has changed and what you want to modify, so it's up to you to find any references to other tables. But it really isn't that difficult, as the tables are more or less self-explaining:)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
I can't find the results, but one thing I did when 1.11 came out was to run a file compare of 1.10 text files with 1.11 text files. That's how I found Fangskin's broken TC within hours of the patch being released.

The patch text TBL got modified; extra strings for Uber-Quest items and such were added.
Uniques.txt got the Hellfire Torch added.
Misc.txt got the various keys and body parts added.
Levels.txt got the new areas added.
Monstats/2.txt got new monsters added.
TreasureclassEx.txt got new TCs added/old ones modified.

That's all I can recall off the top of my head. Also if you extracted Nobbie's modified files from his custom MPQ and use -direct -txt to run his mod, the superuniques he added to the game will still work in 1.11 due to the external files overriding the new patchd2.mpq file.

Hope that helps.
Nobbie, does the v1.10 Ladder Items spawn in your Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10?

eg: Nature's Peace unique ring, Gheed's Fortune (unique charm), etc.

Tks in advance!

(and thanks for your GREAT mod !)
Quote:Nobbie, does the v1.10 Ladder Items spawn in your Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10?

eg: Nature's Peace unique ring, Gheed's Fortune (unique charm), etc.
Yes, they do.
Quote:Yes, they do.

Thanx, nobbie!

Just curious, how do you reply so quickly anyways?
Do you check your thread everyday manually, or do you use some program to do this?
Quote:That's all you have to do? Sweet, I may give this a crack later today, and perhaps have a 1.11-capable mod up and running, unless someone else has already done so.

Whatever happened to this one?
Quote:Just curious, how do you reply so quickly anyways?
Do you check your thread everyday manually, or do you use some program to do this?
The WoW forums are just a few lines away;)
Ok, i know this post is kinda old, but i am currently deployed to Iraq and have a very sorry internet connection. Cant seem to be able to download this mod from any of the links. Does anyone know any other links that might help me, or if anyone could zip it and email it to me, that would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Lole
Heya Guys,

i have just dusted off my D2 cd's after a few years to give it another crack :) and am having a ball, but only really play SP as im in Aust and Bnet ping just makes playing kinda annoying.

i know its an ancient post but was just wondering if this mod was still around. all the d/l links in the post are dead links. if anyone has a current link for this mod, it would be great, i would love to have a look at it (the thought of having to play for a million years for a Ber rune to drop etc. horrifies me.):P

if not, perhaps admins could unsticky it:P

Thanks heaps in advance

Mono