Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10
Yeah, 13 minutes is a bit fast, but two hours is kind of extreme. Back when I used dial-up, I downloaded quite a few 3-5 meg files (MP3's mainly) and it usually took 20 to 40 minutes, which is manageable, depending on the situation.
Ok, here are now the separate 1.10 LoD Classic Style MOD ReadMe files for your convenience :)

Note that I don't maintain a version history in the files. All changes are always added to the respective sections when they have been implemented. The download size is about 63 KB.
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Hey nobbie, found another runeword error. Check out Phoenix, its missing a couple of handy mods. I would try to edit the runes.txt page myself, but im not much of a programmer plus im busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest as of late. As always, thanks for the great mod(when i get a chance to play:(
halcdaddy,Dec 30 2004, 01:29 AM Wrote:Hey nobbie, found another runeword error.  Check out Phoenix, its missing a couple of handy mods.  I would try to edit the runes.txt page myself, but im not much of a programmer plus im busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest as of late.  As always, thanks for the great mod(when i get a chance to play:(
[right][snapback]63878[/snapback][/right]
"Phoenix" can be made in weapons *and* shields. That's where the difference with some mods comes from ;)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
nobbie,Dec 30 2004, 03:00 AM Wrote:"Phoenix" can be made in weapons *and* shields. That's where the difference with some mods comes from ;)
[right][snapback]63916[/snapback][/right]

Sorry about that. I didnt realize putting the runeword in a different item might change some of the mods. I didnt recall seeing that in the AS runeword page. Anyways, my bad.
halcdaddy,Dec 31 2004, 01:49 AM Wrote:Sorry about that. I didnt realize putting the runeword in a different item might change some of the mods.  I didnt recall seeing that in the AS runeword page.  Anyways, my bad.
[right][snapback]64011[/snapback][/right]
The rune word bonuses remain the same in weapons and armor, but the additional effects of each single rune differ depending on where they are used :)
nobbie,Dec 31 2004, 05:05 AM Wrote:The rune word bonuses remain the same in weapons and armor, but the additional effects of each single rune differ depending on where they are used :)
[right][snapback]64030[/snapback][/right]

Man, I knew that the runes gave different individual bonuses depending on what item they are used in. I dont know why that didnt occur to me. I guess i get the "Timmy" award for that one.
hello nobbie,

Downloaded the mod during the christmas holidays. Haven't played my ladder characters since. Thank you.
akogyud,Jan 12 2005, 04:58 AM Wrote:hello nobbie,

Downloaded the mod during the christmas holidays. Haven't played my ladder characters since. Thank you.
[right][snapback]65082[/snapback][/right]
You're welcome :)
Hi Nobbie, i heard a rumour that u made a mod before that allows for ladder only runewords on single player. Do u mind telling me the link? thanks a bunch
This is the Mod you've heard of, so just download it here :)

nobbie's "1.10 LoD Classic Style MOD"
The "LoD Classic Style MOD" has got a small update regarding Rune Words:

- According to an actual correction on the "Arreat Summit" websites, the rune word "Fortitude" has slightly different bonus stats for armor and weapons. The bonus stats "Resist All" and "Damage To Mana" appear on armor only, but not on weapons. This has been corrected in the Mod.

The updated Mod can be downloaded as always here:

1.10 LoD Classic Style MOD
Update Date: February 7, 2004

Have Fun! :D
I downloaded the mod from your link and I ran into a problem while trying to extract it. The only file that seemed to give winzip problems was the mpg file. I copied the text from the error log.

Quote:Extracting to "C:\Documents and Settings\Justin Andrews\My Documents\Downloads\D2X110_CSM\"
Use Path: yes  Overlay Files: no
warning [C:/Documents and Settings/Justin Andrews/My Documents/Downloads/D2X110_CSM.zip]:  extra 3776 bytes at beginning or within Zip file (attempting to process anyway)
Error in file #1:  bad Zip file offset (Error local header signature not found):  0
(attempting to re-compensate)
creating: C:/Documents and Settings/Justin Andrews/My Documents/Downloads/D2X110_CSM/D2X110_CSM/V_110/
creating: C:/Documents and Settings/Justin Andrews/My Documents/Downloads/D2X110_CSM/D2X110_CSM/V_110/MOD/
Extracting Patch_D2-D2X110_CSM.mpq
Error: unexpected end of file encountered
Error:  invalid compressed data to inflate

Interrupted

I did a google search for the file and downloaded it from a german site called d2network and I was able to extract the file. I noticed that the file I downloaded from d2network was 2,404 kb while the one in your link is 2,408 kb. Any info you could give me as to why would be appreciated.
The uploaded file seems to be corrupted. I'll make a new upload :)
The ZIP file should be OK now. Thanks for the pointer! :)
My HP's traffic limit is reached for this month. You can however use this URL instead:

http://d2network.gamigo.de/downloads/D2X110_CSM.zip

Have fun! :D
So what play balance has this 23-Apr-05 version been changed?
starting to get confused with the differences between each of your Classid MOD version...

Many thanks for your hard work, though!

======

nobbie,Apr 23 2004, 12:11 AM Wrote:Greetings!

I thought it's patch time again, so I've now written my own, rebalanced 1.10 MOD for Diablo II "Lod" :D

The MOD also includes the recipes of my previously written Item Generation Cube MOD, so that you don't need to use the game table in textmode anymore.

Quote from the ReadMe file:
You can find the complete ReadMe file with more infos and installation instructions in the ZIP archive of the MOD:

(Download size is about 2 MB)
[right][snapback]44037[/snapback][/right]
w0qj,May 7 2005, 06:13 AM Wrote:So what play balance has this 23-Apr-05 version been changed?
[right][snapback]76531[/snapback][/right]
There hasn't changed anything, except the download URL. Your quote is from April 2004 ;)
nobbie,Apr 22 2004, 08:11 PM Wrote:Greetings!

I thought it's patch time again, so I've now written my own, rebalanced 1.10 MOD for Diablo II "Lod" :D

The MOD also includes the recipes of my previously written Item Generation Cube MOD, so that you don't need to use the game table in textmode anymore.

Quote from the ReadMe file:
You can find the complete ReadMe file with more infos and installation instructions in the ZIP archive of the MOD:

(Download size is about 2 MB)
[right][snapback]44037[/snapback][/right]
Sorry for the previous bad post. I really enjoy your mod, but I was wondering if anyone had reported problems with the mod crashing D2. I had been playing the mod for a few months without problems, but now several crashes have occurred. Since I'm getting the crashes on two completely different computers, I think it might be the mod. If you'd like any other information, let me know. Thanks.