Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10
Make sure that you don't have any other D2 tools/mods installed.
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
I don't think I do. One computer has a couple of other patch_d2.mpq files (with different names so there is no conflict) in the D2 folder, and some mod making tools, that are not in the same folder as D2. The other computer has D2-LoD with only the LCS mod added, no other mods or tools.

Caal
Since I haven't heard of any crashes related to my Mod yet, I think the problem must be your PC hardware/software :)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
I'm a bit confused... so this patch only affects on single player and TCP/IP game?

I mean if u use this mod u cannot get those upgrades u made when playing ladder char??? :huh: (hopefully not, it might be too easy...)

Thanks for replying... i am not familiar with mods yet :blush:
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that
counts."
- Winston Churchill
Chaostheory,Jun 21 2005, 12:20 PM Wrote:I'm a bit confused... so this patch only affects on single player and TCP/IP game?

I mean if u use this mod u cannot get those upgrades u made when playing ladder char??? :huh: (hopefully not, it might be too easy...)

Thanks for replying... i am not familiar with mods yet :blush:
[right][snapback]81206[/snapback][/right]

You can't use the mod on closed b.net.
Ok, i know this is a really stupid question, but how can i use a mod?
i have downloaded it, but i don't know how to install it (if it needs installing).

I'm am totally lost with the mods... :unsure:
Anyone, plz help me... ... ...
counts."
- Winston Churchill
Chaostheory,Jun 22 2005, 03:18 PM Wrote:Ok, i know this is a really stupid question, but how can i use a mod?
i have downloaded it, but i don't know how to install it (if it needs installing).

I'm am totally lost with the mods... :unsure:
Anyone, plz help me...  ...  ...
[right][snapback]81278[/snapback][/right]
Read the enclosed ReadMe.txt files ;)
Nobbie --

Thanks for the greatest mod ever! (well, ok, the only mod
I've ever used. It's still great.)

But now my poor single-player characters are envious
of their cousins on the Realms who can answer the
Call to Heroes...

Are you planning to update your mod for v1.11
so single-players can complete this new quest?

Please?
Andrew, well, my playing time is currently completely consumed by World of WarCraft, which - in my opinion - is the next evolutionary step in RPG's such as Diablo, not only graphically. Better loot system (hardly ninja-looting), better interaction with the game, better animations, completely 3D, much more fair and interesting PvM, better security (incl. hacks/cheats), better support and and and. Diablo will always be remembered as one of the greatest games ever, but it's time to move on and look forward. The new 1.11 Diablo II patch has quite a few changes that would probably require a full revision of my Mod, for which I currently don't have the time and mind to do it. I hope you can understand that :)
If I should find the time, I might take a look at the new patch MPQ, but I can't promise anything. The modified files and changes of my Mod are listed in detail in the ReadMe files, so if you learn a bit Diablo modding (i.e. at the Phrozen Keep), you can easily write an updated Mod yourself, i.e. with increased rune drops, the CubeMod or added superuniques etc. Diablo modding is very easy to learn and you are free to modify the Mod to your liking.
If a next-generation Diablo III actually comes out in the (near) future, I will certainly be back on the Diablo train :)
Wish I had some programming skills so I could take up the mantle. :/
Don't be discouraged! You don't really need programming skills. If you can edit text files, with MS excel or some other tool, then you can mod. Many aspects of gameplay can be altered just by editing text files. Many good tools and newbie guides for modding are available at the Phrozen Keep. This was my favorite mod too, and it inspired me to write my own. After you learn the basics, you can incorporate ideas from this mod, from other mods you like, and from your own ideas as well. If you do decide to take up the mantle, best of luck!

Caal
Take into account these so-called "newbie guides" assume quite a bit about the existing knowledge of the reader. After spending two years in college studying computers, I still couldn't make heads or tails of some of it.
Little problems with the mod right now:

Every time i try to go to act5 (no matter what difficulty) i get an error message:

UNHANDLED EXCEPTION:
ACCESS_VIOLATION (c0000005)

Has this happened to anyone else? And if has, is there a solution to this problem?
counts."
- Winston Churchill
Nobbie,

For the dozen or so Unique monsters that you've re-enabled in your LoD Classic Style MOD (back in 2004 if I remember correctly) that were disabled in D2X (ie: never spawn), what are the treasure classes of these monsters?

Any of them on the same TC class levels as Hell Meph or Baal?

Thank you in advance!
w0qj,Apr 7 2006, 06:54 AM Wrote:Nobbie,

For the dozen or so Unique monsters that you've re-enabled in your LoD Classic Style MOD (back in 2004 if I remember correctly) that were disabled in D2X (ie: never spawn), what are the treasure classes of these monsters?

Any of them on the same TC class levels as Hell Meph or Baal?

Thank you in advance!
[right][snapback]106468[/snapback][/right]
They have their own "Superunique" TC's like Pindleskin, Frozenstein & Co. If you want more details, I'd suggest that you read out and study the SuperUniques.txt and TreasureClassEx.txt game tables from the modified patch MPQ.
Bosses like Mephisto have their own "Boss" TC's, one for the first kill (quest), and one for all following kills.
nobbie,Apr 8 2006, 07:09 AM Wrote:They have their own "Superunique" TC's like Pindleskin, Frozenstein & Co. If you want more details, I'd suggest that you read out and study the SuperUniques.txt and TreasureClassEx.txt game tables from the modified patch MPQ.
Bosses like Mephisto have their own "Boss" TC's, one for the first kill (quest), and one for all following kills.
[right][snapback]106588[/snapback][/right]

Thanks a lot, nobbie!

If those "Superuniques" monsters exclusively enabled in your LoD MOD is just like the v1.09 version of Pindleskin, I'll take it!

That would include much welcomed variety of MF runs... thanks again!

GREAT work on your LoD mod, btw !
Chaostheory,Dec 18 2005, 10:14 AM Wrote:Little problems with the mod right now:

Every time i try to go to act5 (no matter what difficulty) i get an error message:

UNHANDLED EXCEPTION:
ACCESS_VIOLATION (c0000005)

Has this happened to anyone else? And if has, is there a solution to this problem?
[right][snapback]97412[/snapback][/right]

Also happened to me. Probably has something to do with new coding or whatever involved with making the 1.11 Uber Quest work (spawning all those portals, etc), since nothing else changed about the mechanics of the game between 1.10 and 1.11.
Yep, that's what happens when you try to use a 1.10 mod in 1.11. The fix is easy if you have the .txt files, though. Just add the new content to monstats.txt and levels.txt and you're good to go.
Nothing is impossible if you believe in it enough.

Median 2008 mod for Diablo II
<span style="color:gray">New skills, new AIs, new items, new challenges...
06.dec.2006: Median 2008 1.44
Can I call 'em or what? :P
Brother Laz,May 5 2006, 06:28 PM Wrote:Yep, that's what happens when you try to use a 1.10 mod in 1.11. The fix is easy if you have the .txt files, though. Just add the new content to monstats.txt and levels.txt and you're good to go.
[right][snapback]109067[/snapback][/right]

***Are you saying the noobie's Classic MOD works only for v1.10, and it doesn't work properly for v1.11 ? Tks for your advise!