Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10
If anyone would be interested in playing some IP games with me(using nobbies updated mod), please let me know. We can set it to players 8 and have at it. PM me or email at duttin26@hotmail.com.

Last but not least, "Thank you nobbie for making this great mod:)
Glad you like the Mod, and here comes the next update :)

The "LoD Classic Style MOD" has got an update regarding Playing Options:

- Several game tables and files are now available separately for use with the original 1.10 patch!

The updated Mod can be downloaded as always here:

1.10 LoD Classic Style MOD
Update Date: December 15, 2004

Detailed information how to use these separate files of the "LoD Classic Style MOD" with the original game can be found in the file "D2X110_ClassicStyleMOD_Tables_ReadMe.txt" in the "\V_110\Extra" folder of the ZIP archive.

To do the high rune requirements of the new rune words justice, the amount and quality of the rune drops have been reasonably increased.

Have Fun! :D

The names of the 23 new Rune Words are as follows:

(English Name / German Name)

BRAND / BRAND (?)*
DEATH / TOD
DESTRUCTION / ZERSTOERUNG
DRAGON / DRACHEN
DREAM / TRAUM
EDGE / SCHNEIDE
FAITH / GLAUBE
FORTITUDE / STAERKE
GRIEF a.k.a. WIDOWMAKER** / TRAUER
HARMONY / HARMONIE
ICE / EIS
INFINITY / UNENDLICHKEIT
INSIGHT / EINSICHT
LAST WISH / LETZTER WUNSCH
LAWBRINGER / GESETZESBRINGER
OATH / EID
OBEDIENCE / GEHORSAM
PHOENIX / PHOENIX
PRIDE / STOLZ (?)*
RIFT / ZERRISSENHEIT
SPIRIT / GEIST
VOICE OF REASON a.k.a. WINTER** / STIMME DER VERNUNFT
WRATH / WUT

* Official stats not yet published (on the "Arreat Summit")
** Original name of the rune word in the Runes.txt game table
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
[Image: D2X110_CSM_Amazon_GER.jpg]
Not a rare drop anymore :)

The "LoD Classic Style MOD" has got an update regarding Rune Words:

- All 23 new Realm/Ladder-Only Rune Words have now been finalized with their official stats from the "Arreat Summit"!

Update Date: December 16, 2004

Also, a minor bug has been fixed: The "Holy Fire" aura has been added to the "Dragon" rune word. Thanks to Mikulus for pointing me to it.

Example items using the finalized rune words can be found on the fully equipped, ready-to-use level 99 characters that are included in the "\V_110\Chars\" folder in the ZIP-archive. All example items carry the rune words with their maximum possible stats.

The actual stats of the new realm rune words can be found here on the "Arreat Summit".

"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
nobbie,Dec 15 2004, 07:34 PM Wrote:[Image: D2X110_CSM_Amazon_GER.jpg]
Not a rare drop anymore :)

- All 23 new Realm/Ladder-Only Rune Words have now been finalized with their official stats from the "Arreat Summit"!

Update Date: December 16, 2004

Also, a minor bug has been fixed: The "Holy Fire" aura has been added to the "Dragon" rune word. Thanks to Mikulus for pointing me to it.

Example items using the finalized rune words can be found on the fully equipped, ready-to-use level 99 characters that are included in the "\V_110\Chars\" folder in the ZIP-archive. All example items carry the rune words with their maximum possible stats.

The actual stats of the new realm rune words can be found here on the "Arreat Summit".

[right][snapback]62934[/snapback][/right]
not that its a big deal or that i dont think the sun will rise tommorow, but edge does not have the +5-10 to attribs on it. Again, not a big deal, just something I thought Id let you know for your next patch
Hi Nobbie,

Es hat mich schon immer gestört, dass im Deutschen aus 'shrine' 'Schein' wurde, anstatt 'Schrein', z.B. 'Schein der Gesundheit' statt 'Schrein der Gesundheit'. (Ja richtig, ich spiele die 'localized version'). Dachte mir, falls du eine Möglichkeit hast in deinem Mod darauf zuzugreifen und die Übersetzung richtigzustellen und dies nicht schon getan hast, ich weise dich mal drauf hin.

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
halcdaddy,Dec 16 2004, 02:08 AM Wrote:not that its a big deal or that i dont think the sun will rise tommorow, but edge does not have the  +5-10 to attribs on it.  Again, not a big deal, just something I thought Id let you know for your next patch
[right][snapback]62936[/snapback][/right]
Thanks, halcdaddy. The "Edge" rune word has been fixed now!
Fragbait,Dec 16 2004, 11:29 AM Wrote:Hi Nobbie,

Es hat mich schon immer gestört, dass im Deutschen aus 'shrine' 'Schein' wurde, anstatt 'Schrein', z.B. 'Schein der Gesundheit' statt 'Schrein der Gesundheit'. (Ja richtig, ich spiele die 'localized version'). Dachte mir, falls du eine Möglichkeit hast in deinem Mod darauf zuzugreifen und die Übersetzung richtigzustellen und dies nicht schon getan hast, ich weise dich mal drauf hin.

Greetings, Fragbait
[right][snapback]62955[/snapback][/right]
Ich schau mal :)

- The "Edge" rune word has been fixed because it was missing the "+5-10 To All Attributes (varies)" bonus

Update Date: December 16, 2004 - 9:50 h

A note regarding the (not yet) documented "Cold Damage" and "Explosive Bolts" bonuses in some of the new rune words:

- The LENGTH of the Cold Damage bonus has been set to "100" in the game tables (= 4 seconds)
- The LENGTH of the Tri-Elemental/Cold Damage bonus (in "Harmony") has been set to "33" (like that of "Hellrack")
- The SKILL LEVEL of "Explosive Bolts" (in "Brand") has been set to 20 ("Blood Raven's Charge" has level 13). An improvement was therefore urgently needed ;)

The "LoD Classic Style MOD" has got an update regarding Game Tables:

- The following game tables have now been added separately for use with the original 1.10 patch (in "Text Mode"):

Quote:Armor.txt
Cubemain.txt
Levels.txt
MagicPrefix.txt
MagicSuffix.txt
MonStats.txt
Runes.txt
Sets.txt
TreasureClassEx.txt
Weapons.txt

Patchstring.tbl (German) -- MUST be incorporated to fix the German Aura Bug in patch 1.10!
Patchstring.tbl (All other languages)

townWest.ds1
See the file "D2X110_ClassicStyleMOD_Tables_ReadMe.txt" in the ZIP-archive for detailed descriptions and how to use them.

Also fixed are now the in the original misspelled German text strings for Shrines, which now read correctly "SCHREIN", and not "Schein".

Update Date: December 17, 2004

Hi Nobbie,

Though I haven't posted here lately, be assured that I've been keeping up with your progress on the mod and have been downloading updates. I even recently promoted your mod to a buddy on B.net yesterday.

While browsing through the files in your MPQ with WinMPQ, I noticed a bunch of files that aren't in my English patch MPQ:
Code:
data\global\tiles\ACT1\COURT\cat_court.ds1
data\global\tiles\Act4\Diab\entry1.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Diab\wingE1.ds1
data\global\tiles\Act4\Diab\wingE2.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Diab\wingN1.ds1
data\global\tiles\Act4\Diab\wingN2.ds1
data\global\tiles\Act4\Diab\wingS1.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Diab\wingS2.ds1
data\global\tiles\Act4\Diab\wingW1.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Diab\wingW2.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\border1o.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\border2o.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\border3o.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\border4o.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\chaos08x16_0.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\chaos08x16_1.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\chaos08x16_2.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\chaos08x16_3.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\chaos16x08_0.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\chaos16x08_1.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\chaos16x08_2.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\chaos16x08_3.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\chaos16x16_0.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\chaos16x16_1.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\chaos16x16_2.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\chaos16x16_3.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\chaos24x24_0.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\chaos24x24_1.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\chaos24x24_2.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\chaos24x24_3.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\mid08x16_0.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\mid08x16_1.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\mid08x16_2.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\mid08x16_3.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\mid08x16_4.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\mid16x08_0.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\mid16x08_1.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\mid16x08_2.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\mid16x08_3.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\mid16x08_4.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\mid16x16_0.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\mid16x16_1.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\mid16x16_2.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\mid16x16_3.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\mid16x16_4.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\mid24x24_0.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\mid24x24_1.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\mid24x24_2.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\mid24x24_3.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\mid24x24_4.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\outer08x16_0.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\outer08x16_1.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\outer08x16_2.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\outer08x16_3.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\outer08x16_4.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\outer16x08_0.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\outer16x08_1.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\outer16x08_2.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\outer16x08_3.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\outer16x08_4.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\outer16x16_0.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\outer16x16_1.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\outer16x16_2.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\outer16x16_3.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\outer16x16_4.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\outer24x24_0.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\outer24x24_1.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\outer24x24_2.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\outer24x24_3.ds1
data\global\tiles\ACT4\Mesa\outer24x24_4.ds1
data\global\tiles\expansion\BaalLair\baalEdown01.ds1
data\global\tiles\expansion\BaalLair\baalEdown02.ds1
data\global\tiles\expansion\BaalLair\baalNdown01.ds1
data\global\tiles\expansion\BaalLair\baalNdown02.ds1
data\global\tiles\expansion\BaalLair\baalSdown01.ds1
data\global\tiles\expansion\BaalLair\baalSdown02.ds1
data\global\tiles\expansion\BaalLair\baalWdown01.ds1
data\global\tiles\expansion\BaalLair\baalWdown02.ds1
data\global\tiles\expansion\Icecave\iceEahead01.ds1
data\global\tiles\expansion\Icecave\iceEdown01.ds1
data\global\tiles\expansion\Icecave\iceNahead01.ds1
data\global\tiles\expansion\Icecave\iceNdown01.ds1
data\global\tiles\expansion\Icecave\iceSahead01.ds1
data\global\tiles\expansion\Icecave\iceSdown01.ds1
data\global\tiles\expansion\Icecave\iceWahead01.ds1
data\global\tiles\expansion\Icecave\iceWdown01.ds1
data\global\tiles\expansion\Icecave\NorthEntrance_Snow.ds1
data\global\tiles\expansion\Icecave\WestEntrance_Snow.ds1
data\global\tiles\expansion\Siege\snowbarrAR1.ds1
data\global\tiles\expansion\Siege\snowbarrBR1.ds1
data\global\tiles\expansion\Siege\snowbarrCR1.ds1
data\global\tiles\expansion\Siege\snowbarrDR1.ds1
data\global\tiles\expansion\Wildtemple\nihlE.ds1
data\global\tiles\expansion\Wildtemple\nihlN.ds1
data\global\tiles\expansion\Wildtemple\nihlS.ds1
data\global\tiles\expansion\Wildtemple\nihlW.ds1
Are these specific to the German patch, or are they edits that you've done? I don't use your MPQ plugin because I run with text files in a data subfolder, so I always extract your modified files with WinMPQ before running the game. Also, is the modified file list in your Readme still accurate? Because of the way I install the mod, I use this list to determine which files to extract. Although, if you switch to providing modified files outside the MPQ (in addition to the MPQ itself), I won't have to extract anymore...

(I keep my PATCH_D2.MPQ intact because I still log on to Battle.net from time to time. Using text files and a modified shortcut I can also play singleplayer games without having to mess with the MPQ.)

I've had fun with making a tempered ring for my new sorceress. It's currently got triple resists and grows with her. Fun! I wish more items were like this. One thing I noticed is that I can't add Cold Resistance, or a minor form of Resist All, among other things, but perhaps future updates will address that, if the game engine allows.

Well, that's all for now. Thanks again for this outstanding mod.
Hi Smoketest,

the files in your list are DS1 map files that are required to spawn the additional 10 Superuniques in the Mod. The spawning locations of the Superuniques like "Axe Dweller" must be coded directly into the map. Since the map tiles are taken randomly per area by the game, I sometimes had to code quite a bunch of them with the same Superunique to make sure that it gets spawned at all. This is true for every area that has no special, unique map like the entrance to Nihlathak's Temple (the Pindleskin spawning point). To make sure that for example "Axe Dweller" spawns, I had to code 8(!) different Worldstone entrance area tiles with his spawning point. The plus side of this randomness is that you sometimes can't say where exactly a certain Superunique will spawn, which makes the game more interesting in some areas. I wish however, that Blizzard would have done the spawning locations via tables, so it would be a lot easier for Modders :)

The modified file list in the Readme is always up to date.

Regarding the "tempered items" options, well, one could add more. However, I have the idea that these items should not represent a powerful, independent item class in the Mod but help you get started more easily with regard to mods that are especially hard to come by very early in the game, i.e. Mana Leech or reasonable Mana Regen (for Caster classes).
Hi Nobbie,

Well, that explains why I didn't see Flamespike on my last run through the Inner Cloister. :) I'll go ahead and extract those tiles too. Thanks for the reply.
For Flamespike, you need just the map file "cat_court.ds1" (using the same directory structure as in the ZIP archive of the Mod) :)
[Image: D2X110_CSM_Flamespike.jpg]
"Flamespike the Crawler" - Once a quite dangerous foe in Classic Diablo II

The "LoD Classic Style MOD" has got an update regarding Game Tables:

- The map file that spawns the (once) popular Act 1 superunique boss "Flamespike the Crawler" (file: cat_court.ds1) has now been added separately for use with the original 1.10 patch (in "Text Mode")

Update Date: December 22, 2004

Nobbie, do you have a link only to this MOD's ReadMe file with the detailed game changes? I didn't see one in this thread and would rather read the differences between this MOD and 1.09/1.1 before I decide if I want to download the entire MOD first. Thanks for your reply ahead of time,

-MEAT-
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
MEAT,Dec 27 2004, 08:30 AM Wrote:Nobbie, do you have a link only to this MOD's ReadMe file with the detailed game changes?  I didn't see one in this thread and would rather read the differences between this MOD and 1.09/1.1 before I decide if I want to download the entire MOD first.  Thanks for your reply ahead of time,

-MEAT-
[right][snapback]63604[/snapback][/right]
Sorry, there is no separate ReadMe. The download is just 2.4 MB, though ..
nobbie,Dec 27 2004, 06:32 AM Wrote:Sorry, there is no separate ReadMe. The download is just 2.4 MB, though ..
[right][snapback]63610[/snapback][/right]

Which is enough to make downloading on slower connections prohibitive. When I initially DL'ed the MOD, I did so on dial-up, and it took the better part of 2 hours to do so.
Zingydex,Dec 28 2004, 04:05 AM Wrote:Which is enough to make downloading on slower connections prohibitive.  When I initially DL'ed the MOD, I did so on dial-up, and it took the better part of 2 hours to do so.
[right][snapback]63690[/snapback][/right]
A 2.4 MB download on a 56K modem at 4-5K/sec should be about 8 to 10 mins or so.
nobbie,Dec 28 2004, 08:54 AM Wrote:A 2.4 MB download on a 56K modem at 4-5K/sec should be about 8 to 10 mins or so.
[right][snapback]63701[/snapback][/right]

Assuming you get 4-5K/sec constant, yes. In my experience of other people's dialup, 3K/sec is a much more usual rate. That's still only 13 or so minutes, though, so I suspect some weird network issues must've occured to raise download times as high as 2 hours. :)

That said, given the frequency with which you update your mod, it does seem like sticking the readme file up separately would be a boon to dialup users, and take next to no time to implement... :-)
You don't know what you're talking about.
lfd,Dec 28 2004, 08:13 AM Wrote:Assuming you get 4-5K/sec constant, yes.  In my experience of other people's dialup, 3K/sec is a much more usual rate.  That's still only 13 or so minutes, though, so I suspect some weird network issues must've occured to raise download times as high as 2 hours. :)
[right][snapback]63705[/snapback][/right]

Actually, the typical download rate after the first few (wildly varying) seconds is less than 1k/sec, speaking from too many years of experience using dialup. While the 1-2 hours it took me to download the MOD was still a bit of an anomaly, 13 minutes is waaaaaay faster than I'd expect with such an archaic technology.